The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ER - Season 11"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-23-04, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ER - Season 11"
The season 11 premiere is tonight. This may be my last season to watch. They have gotten rid of Alex Kingston (Corday), and I believe I have read that this is Noah Wylie's last season. Carter may be the only reason I am still watching.

I think I have also read that NBC has signed on to produce ER past this season. HOW can you have ER without Noah Wylie? It really has not been good since Anthony Edwards left. I have said it before and I will say it again, I think they should have ended the show when AE left. He was the heart and soul of ER. And when I watch the reruns from the first several seasons, I realize just how good the show used to be and I am sad at what it has become.

Sorry to dump on the show. Maybe this season will be better than I think! I just don't want to see it run into the ground and go off the air when nobody really cares and everyone is sick of it.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ER - Season 11 grit 09-27-04 1
   Alex Kingston bebekid 09-27-04 2
       RE: Alex Kingston grit 09-27-04 3
 RE: ER - Season 11 amea_gari 10-13-04 4
 RE: ER - Season 11 callalilly3000 10-28-04 5
 RE: ER - Season 11 BennyBoy 11-07-04 6
 Bump! bebekid 05-05-05 7
   RE: Bump! ARnutz 05-16-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-27-04, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: ER - Season 11"
I still find myself looking forward to watching this show. Yes, there were characters I really loved who are now gone, but I like many of the new characters who are currently on the show.

Where did you hear that they got rid of Alex Kingston (Corday)? She was listed in the credits on Thursday and had a decent part in the show. I have to agree, though, that if Noah Wylie (Carter) leaves, then that's it for the show. Can you imagine Laura Innes (Weaver) as the lead character for this show??

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-27-04, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Alex Kingston"
Hi grit! I read about Alex on an ER message board I visit. Here is a link to a story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3783739.stm

I was surprised at first to see her name in the credits. But I figure they (hopefully) will give her a decent write off sometime during the season. Did you see her in the previews saying "screw it!"? Yeah. She will sadly make a mid-season exit, I think.

At 41 she is too old???? Really, how many hospitals IRL are staffed by 20 somethings?

-OTOH, Shane West looks hot!

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-27-04, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Alex Kingston"
Geez, I'm also 41 - I didn't realize I had one foot in the grave...

Handcrafted by RollDdice

I hope my boss doesn't fire me for being too old.

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-13-04, 03:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: ER - Season 11"
All due respect, but I think this is one of the few instances that when a network proclaims a show to be "better now than ever before", they have been correct. I have watched ER since it came on, though never religiously. I never found it interesting, I would just leave the TV on after Seinfeld and whatever other Thursday night filler NBC put on.
But this season and last, I have actually found myself -watching-. The stories seem much more compelling, and I find myself caring MUCH more about the characters. I never cared about Dr. Benton (Eric La Salle's character I think) or Dr. Green. I never saw the emotional depth to them, or the others early on.
Carter has developed remarkably, however, and I find myself deeply moved by his current plight. The plot with him and Kim has brought me to tears several times (I think the woman who plays Kim is a remarkable actress), and yet doesn't seem overwhelming or heavy handed. It's a delicate, tragic moment that hasn't been dwelt on, and yet is very impactful.

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-28-04, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: ER - Season 11"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-04 AT 10:19 PM (EST)

I have watched ER from day one. This season I have missed a few episodes. I still love it as much as I ever have.

I miss AE, I miss Geore, but they seem to introduce new and interesting characters that I can care about. So, until it is no longer on the air. I will be a devoted fan.

Official Kittyloaf Sig
ETA: I left out a word.

BennyBoy 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-07-04, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BennyBoy Click to send private message to BennyBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: ER - Season 11"
I am afraid that Alex Kingston is now officially gone. I've grown to like her character over the years, so it was sad to see her go. I too think that ER is running into the ground. I also have to admit that some of it's new cast members are good. Neleh and the nurse (the one with the son, i forget her name) are good additions and Maura Tierna fits in well. but some of these new interns they have now Shane West and the red-headed kid are big dulls. We'll see how this goes

Another Masterful Work of Slicey. I am still I am still Benny from da Block

05-05-05, 06:43 PM (EST)
7. "Bump!"
Anyone else still watching ER?

As I so prophetically stated on 9/23, this is the end of the line for me. Three episodes left, and Noah Wyle is leaving. I simply do not care enough about the characters left to continue. Besides, I will end up seeing all of the episodes eventually on TNT. Or not.

I may come back and watch the final episodes once they decide to end the show. Which I hope is soon, because I think they have done everything creatively they can do with the show.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-05, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Bump!"
I am! ... and boy has it been good this year! I have watched since day 1 (missing it sometimes). I remember arguing with my SIL about how this show was sooooo much better than Chicago Hope, guess I was right.

I read that they will have 2 more seasons and that Carter will be back for guest appearances too.
There is a story right here on RTVW.

I can't stand the rock band doc Ray and Neela is really annoying, but I love Pratt, Abby & Kovac (beside carter, of course). I'm glad Carrie has taken a back seat now, hate her!

I was so glad when the arsehole chief of surgery was killed by the helicopter! I hated when Greene left!

A J Slice original ©2004

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •