The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Favorite Soap Couples"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-19-05, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Favorite Soap Couples"
The Soap Couple, and better yet the Super COuple is a staple on the soaps. Every soap has one. Who are your favorites? Here is my top ten, starting with ten to first.

10. Jack and Jennifer, Days. I just adore this fun couple. I never want them to be seperated by a stupid storyline again. The way she redeemed him, because come on, he is a rapist, was wonderful. THe actors made us fall in love with them.

9. Mason and Julia, SB. I loved the bickering that was so common between them. They were a well written couple who never lost their spark.

8. Carly and Jack, ATWT. He's the strong silent cop, she's the feisty designer. Together they are hot. Through thick and thin, you have to root for them.

7. Robert and Anna, GH. Truly one of the best adventurous couples ever. I loved every one of their adventures, they made me feel like I was there with them. They were well written and I don't care, I still think they are together somewhere.

6. Josh and Reva, GL. Finally a Lewis boy was able to tame Reva. He is the perfect foil to her spirit. She will always be the "Slut of Springfield" in our hearts.

5. Leo and Greenlee, AMC. I loved how this storyline started out, with them being mean and trying to trap other people. I loved hearing Greenlee call Bianca, Lesbianca and Leo take her to task for it. It was true to their natures. For them to fall in love was just natural. And well, no one looks as good in leather as Josh DoMe.

4. Bo and Billie, Days. I have to qualify this first. I am talking about Robert Kelker Kelly's Bo and Lisa Rinna's Billie. Although I like the current Bo and Billie better than Bo and Hope. Bo and Billie defined sexuality and sensuality. Whenever she got in a mess and he said "Billie" I melted.

3. Jake and Vicky, AW/ATWT. First love. Even though they both fell in love and married others, in the end they were together and happy. THey schemed together, they cried together, they laughed together. A true soap super couple. However, I have one question. She married Ryan in Heaven. Now, Jake, Vicky and Ryan are in Heaven. Who is Vicky with now?

And now, a tie for #1

Luke and Laura,GH. THe only reason they aren't the sole owners of number one is because the writers killed the character of Laura by making her insane. We grew up with Laura and loved with them. From the Ice Princess, to the Triple L. To telling Lucky that yes Luke had raped his mother to the introduction of Laura's new son Nikolas. They were the first Soap Supercouple and by far one of the best. I will always remember Love in the Afternoon and think of them.

Sonny and Brenda, GH. Brenda is SOnny's true love, period. There is so much chemistry between the two of them, a testament to the actors. Maurice Benard and Vanessa Marcil sizzled in every scene they were in together, even a simple scene where they just said Hi to each other. When she wore the wire and he went ballistic, I cried with her. The famous Clink Boom episode, where Lily blew up and she married Jax at the same time was some of the best soap writing ever.

Honorable mention, Lucky and Liz, GH. Tad and Liza, AMC. David and Dorian, OLTL.

I know many people will disagree with me, but tell me who you love

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Favorite Soap Couples Puffy 06-19-05 1
 RE: Favorite Soap Couples samboohoo 06-20-05 2
 RE: Favorite Soap Couples zombiebaby 06-20-05 3
 RE: Favorite Soap Couples AugustGirl 06-20-05 4
   RE: Favorite Soap Couples HistoryDetective 06-23-05 8
       RE: Favorite Soap Couples LadyT 06-23-05 9
 RE: Favorite Soap Couples txmomma26 06-21-05 5
 RE: Favorite Soap Couples MandyM 06-23-05 6
   RE: Favorite Soap Couples LadyT 06-23-05 7
   RE: Favorite Soap Couples Surveysez 06-24-05 12
 RE: Favorite Soap Couples janisella 06-23-05 10
   RE: Favorite Soap Couples HuckleberryHound 06-24-05 11
 RE: Favorite Soap Couples trigirl 06-24-05 13
 RE: Favorite Soap Couples kathliam 06-25-05 14
   RE: Favorite Soap Couples LadyT 06-25-05 15
 RE: Favorite Soap Couples Majic Mitch 08-18-05 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-05, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Favorite Soap Couples"
LAST EDITED ON 06-19-05 AT 06:54 PM (EST)

I only watch AMC, so...
From years gone by:
Jeff and Mary
Greg and Jenny

I agree with Leo and Greenlee.

Oops, ETA Jessie and Angie Hubbard

sob

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-05, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Favorite Soap Couples"
Oooh, T, I agree with you on a lot of them, especially your Bo and Billie. I was heavy into Days when RKK played Bo, so I know exactly what you're talking about. These are probably my favorite top 10:

10. Keith & Gina (SB)
9. Jack & Phyllis (Y&R)
8. Felicia & Frisco (GH)
7. Jack & Jennifer (DOOL)
6. Ridge & Brooke (B&B)
5. Victor & Nikki (Y&R)
4. Josh & Reva (GL)
3. Lily & Holden (ATWT)
2. Harley & Mallet (Mark Derwin) (GL)
1. Carly & Jack (ATWT)

Honorable Mention to:

Capitol: Trey & Kelly -- Haven't thought about this show in a long, long time. I'm glad this show ended with those two together.

ATWT: Craig (Scott Bryce) & Sierra (Finn Carter), Steve & Betsy, Kirk & Ellie, John & Lucinda.

GL: Rick & Roxy, Beth & Lujack

AW: Jake & Vicky

GH: Sonny & Brenda. I watched GH on and off for many years, and this couple was one of my favs, and it was heartbreaking.

Icey bounced my Dicey

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-05, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Favorite Soap Couples"
I really only watch DOOL now so there won't be too much variety to my list, although in the 80's I did watch SB & GH and a little of AMC & AW.

10. Shane & Kimberly DOOL (sometimes although they did end up annoying me!
9. Cass & Kathleen AW
8. Eden & Cruz SB
7. Eugene & Calliope DOOL
6. Frisco & Felicia GH
5. Rose & Jake GH(I know such a minor couple but I loved them)
4. Tony & Anna DOOL
3. Mason & Julia SB(stole this one from LadyT but they were great!)
2. Steve & Kayla DOOL
1. Jack & Jennifer DOOL...my all time favorite!

Look at me I got a Sweet Summer Syren Siggie!

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-05, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Favorite Soap Couples"
In no particular order:

Cass and Frankie - Another World

Jack and Jennifer - DOOL

Vicky and Jake - Another World

Mason and Julia - Santa Barbara

Julian and Tabitha - Passions - The scenes where they um, er, consumated their "relationship" are classic. I like Julian with Eve, but the whole romp with Tabitha was a hoot.

Robert Kelker Kelly! OH MY GOODNESS! Wonder what happened to him? Hubba hubba!

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-05, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Favorite Soap Couples"
I have to go with Jack and Jennifer (DOOL). I had my grandmother tape an entire month of DOOL just so I wouldn't miss their wedding while I was in England during the summer of 1991.

courtesy of Seana and Syren - thanks gals!

Robert Kelker Kelly? I think that his ego finally got so big that every single room was too crowded, so large that he was forced up against the wall and suffocated as that enormous ego pushed the air, breath, and life right out of him.

06-23-05, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Favorite Soap Couples"
RKK only lives like an hour away from me. He reportedly builds airplane parts or something like that. My sister used to live there and every time I went to visit I would look in all the malls, restaurants, streets for a glimpse. I know, stalk much?

txmomma26 5825 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-05, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail txmomma26 Click to send private message to txmomma26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Favorite Soap Couples"
In no particular order:

Felicia and Frisco, GH
Edward and Lila, GH - The originals...
Sonny and Brenda, GH
Erica and Jack, AMC
Viki and Clint, OLTL
Victor and Nikki, Y&R

...that's all I'm coming up with at the moment.

It ain't proper, it ain't cool but folks remember what you do...in nothin' but cowboy boots...

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-23-05, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MandyM Click to send private message to MandyM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Favorite Soap Couples"
No order here:

AW - Rachel & Mac, Frankie & Cass, Jake & Vicky

ATWT - Kim & Dan, Kim & Bob, Margo & Tom (during the Mr. Big storyline....played by Justin Deas & his real life wife who's name I cannot now remember!), John & Lucinda

AMC - Jack & Erica, Erica & Dimitri, Kendal & anyone she has a scene with! Bianca & Miranda (dang those babies that play Miranda are sooooooo cute!)

B&B - Ridge & Bridget (LMAO - totally kidding) Stephanie & Eric, Sally & Clarkie Boy, Sally & Darla back in the day

DOOL - Okay, I will declare an order here, my all-time fave soap couple is: Eugene & Calliope!!! And my second is Alice and Tom and my third is Julie & Doug. Okay, no more order. I also loved Anna & Tony, Original Roman & Marlena. Heck, Days used to be even better than GH at the supercouple thing, back in the day!

GL - Josh & Reva, Ed & Maureen (GL totally and completely screwed themselves over when they decided to kill her off). Back in the day, I also enjoyed the four muskateers.

GH - Duh, Luke & Laura (I pretended to be sick so I could stay home from school the day they got married), but before them, I totally adored Laura & Scotty. The Christmas tree episode where Laura put the star on the tree with pretty sparkly tears in her eyes stands out in my mind...I think I was in 5th grade. I pretty much hate Sonny (I think he is such a bad actor --go ahead and shoot me now Tishy)....so I don't really think Sonny & anyone is good. Robin & Stone. Currently I am rooting for Jason & Sam. I like them.

Passions - Timmy & Tabitha. Julian & Eve

Oh My Heck...my post is too long already and I really need to go to bed --- I will add more tomorrow. Plus maybe I will actually rate them in top 10 order.

I love my soapy peeps! And my soaps!

MM I just wish that there was a way that I could choose for others not to be bigots. - HD

06-23-05, 09:28 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Favorite Soap Couples"
Margaret Colin played Margo then. SHe is in Armageddon. Pretty suggessful stage and movie actress. Of course she doesn't have like five thousand Emmy's like Justin has.

I forgot to mention, and I am going to make them on my list as number 11, Gina and Keith, SB. They totally rocked. ANd Lucy and Scotty, GH/PC. They were damn hot together. I envy Lynn Herring her body and whats awesome is she is so natural about it. Horseback riding and stuff like that. I digress.

I forgot about Ridge and Bridget too. They are soooo perfect together LMAO! Can we say Ewwwwww in unison now?

I will always wish that they had put Jake and Lucinda together. I love Tom Eplin, and he and Elizabeth Hubbardwould have been perfect.

Has anyone heard the rumors that the head writers from GH have been fired and Hogan SHeffer from ATWT is taking over? I heard TPTB want to make Reese insane which sucks cause I actually like her much better than this Carly

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-24-05, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Favorite Soap Couples"
I'm so glad that someone else admits to knowing who is on Passions. It is such a guilty secret. And I have to agree with your couples from there. Timmy & Tabitha, and Julian & Tabitha.

Ham and eggs - a day's work for a chicken, a lifetime committment for a pig.

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-23-05, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Favorite Soap Couples"
AMC - Noah and Julia, Ellen and Mark

ATWT - John and Lucinda, Betsy and Steve

GL - call me sentimental, but Kelly and Morgan, Ed and Maureen

Best soap weddings: GL - Nola and Quint, Reva and Josh (1st one)
ATWT - Craig and Rosanna (1st one - best vows ever written!)
AMC - Nina and Cliff

HuckleberryHound 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-24-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HuckleberryHound Click to send private message to HuckleberryHound Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Favorite Soap Couples"
Days: John Black and Marlena...

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-24-05, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Favorite Soap Couples"
Thanks for the memories. I'd forgotten some of these!

- Eugene and Callipoe, DOOL

- Billy(?Ray Liotta) and Aileen, AW

- Early Bo and Hope, DOOL. Days sucks now.

- JT and Colleen, Y&R

- Jack and Carly, ATWT

- Loved Katie and Henry in ATWT. Enough with the Mike and Katie storyline. It's so been there, done that!

kathliam 3666 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-25-05, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Favorite Soap Couples"
Morning Tishy. Looks like most of the couples I would mention have already been listed.

Luke & Laura from GH - was it me or did the world come to a halt between 3-4pm that day?

Jenny & Greg and Jesse & Angie, AMC - ah, that was a golden summer.

Actually AMC had a lot of great couples - Phil and Tara, Jeff & Mary, Cliff & Nina. Even Tad and Liza

Josh & Reva, GL - I got married the same week they did . She had to work her way through the entire family, but finally found her true love and soul mate.

Holden & Lily, ATWT. I guess I have a thing for star-crossed lovers.

Harley & AC Mallet, GL. They were great together.

When I was younger, the show I watched depended a great deal on how much I enjoyed the couples! Now I have my favorite shows and rarely venture over to the other channels. I keep up with their story lines via SOD or newspaper columns, and once or twice a year I'll watch when I'm home from work. I always try to catch the Bauer family barbeque on 4th of July. Ha!

06-25-05, 02:16 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Favorite Soap Couples"
Ilove the Bauer barbeque! Lots of drama every year

Majic Mitch 474 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-18-05, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Majic%20Mitch Click to send private message to Majic%20Mitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Favorite Soap Couples"
LAST EDITED ON 08-18-05 AT 08:13 AM (EST)

Victor and Nikki, Y&R
Lily and Holden, ATWT, got me hooked on soaps
Victor and Nicole, DOOL, just because I'm evil

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •