The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-13-04, 04:04 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
Can you smell the rotten works of these producers? Please share your opinions regarding the result show...

My Theory...

LaToya and Fantasia are great and have been called the "Divas."

If Jasmine is booted last night, no one will take the hated-contestant hot seat... but Diana.

Since the producers love Diana so much (insiders...) and they want her to be the most loved contestant in the end, they have to boot LaToya to remove a BIG competition and let Jasmine take the heat instead.

In this case, the producers got what they want... Jasmine is for sure out next.

These producers have great minds... or they can hire great analysts...

Been out for a business and shocked my favorite is still here... I love her but she needs to go... she's just an Islander kid... and yet, people slam her badly...
Hope your (and my) kids don't experience this at all... like what John's mom (and possible Jas's dad) has and had...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... shedevil 05-13-04 1
   She never asked for our sympathy... Goooey_Alley 05-13-04 2
       RE: She never asked for our sympath... shedevil 05-13-04 3
           RE: She never asked for our sympath... PA44sec 05-13-04 4
 America decided Ricky 05-13-04 5
   RE: America decided Karennz 05-13-04 6
       RE: America decided Olena 05-13-04 35
   RE: America decided moniepenny 05-13-04 8
       Removed post Bebo 05-13-04 14
   RE: America decided LilNik8 05-13-04 43
 RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... Breezy 05-13-04 7
   RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... JOSHIDOL 05-13-04 11
       My theory Breezy 05-13-04 12
           RE: LaToya's lack of personality AMAI 05-13-04 21
               RE: LaToya's lack of personality Olena 05-13-04 32
                   Holy Previewbutton! Breezy 05-13-04 34
                   RE: LaToya's lack of personality JOSHIDOL 05-13-04 36
   RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... moniepenny 05-13-04 13
       You forgot Breezy 05-13-04 15
       RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... theincrediblehugey 05-13-04 22
           RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... Bebo 05-13-04 23
               RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... MTW1961 05-13-04 25
 RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... JOSHIDOL 05-13-04 9
   RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... sea0tter12 05-13-04 30
       RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... Godd3ss 05-13-04 31
       RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... JOSHIDOL 05-13-04 37
       RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... drooler 05-13-04 44
 RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... badger 05-13-04 16
   RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... Bebo 05-13-04 17
       RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... Glow 05-13-04 18
       RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... JOSHIDOL 05-13-04 19
       RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... geg6 05-13-04 20
 RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... mld 05-13-04 24
   RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... emydi 05-13-04 26
       RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... leogirl_21 05-13-04 27
           RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... JOSHIDOL 05-13-04 28
           RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... theincrediblehugey 05-13-04 29
           RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... Godd3ss 05-13-04 33
               RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... JOSHIDOL 05-13-04 38
                   RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... Olena 05-13-04 39
                       RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... JOSHIDOL 05-13-04 40
                           RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... badger 05-13-04 41
                               RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... Olena 05-13-04 42
                                   RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... Acawap 05-13-04 45
                                       Yep, you're entitled with your opin... Goooey_Alley 05-13-04 46
                                           RE: Yep, you're entitled with your ... JOSHIDOL 05-14-04 47
                                       RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's bo... seahorse 05-14-04 48

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-13-04, 04:28 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
She's a kid playing in an adult's game. She doesn't deserve anymore pity or sympathy than anyone else this season does. If she can't handle it, she should've never tried to be famous. Every celebrity has to deal with it.

05-13-04, 04:37 AM (EST)
2. "She never asked for our sympathy..."
Most of you claimed it's a preplanned tears... She had been slammed twice in that night... She used to control her emotions well by smiling despite the judges' bad critiques on her... (And still claimed being fake)... (Jennifer controlled her tears on the stage and burst in tears right on the backstage... and it's just one performance)

Every one of us had a limit, and this is the last string for her...

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 04:46 AM (EST)
3. "RE: She never asked for our sympathy..."
I just don't see it that way. I see it this way, Jasmine cried because for once all of the judges were honest with her, normally Paula is kissing her butt and not telling her what her faults are even though Randy and Simon have. That's the truth, Paula usually says something nice to all of them and this time she didn't have Paula to soften the blow. I just don't recall any of the other contestants crying on performance night when being told negative comments.

PA44sec 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-13-04, 05:55 AM (EST)
4. "RE: She never asked for our sympathy..."
Perhaps you missed the night Fantasia started blubbering when Simon told her he didn't like her dress. Latoya was not my choice to have voted off, but there's more people voting than just me so that's the way it goes no matter who likes it or not.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-13-04, 06:20 AM (EST)
5. "America decided"
I never quite understood who Latoya's fans were. She does have a good voice, but she doesn't have rabid fans who vote two hours straight like Jas and Di do. So it really doesn't surprise me that she's gone now. I believe America is speaking and the producers are not controlling the outcome (although I'm sure this may be their preferred final 3 for ratings).

Karennz 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-13-04, 07:50 AM (EST)
6. "RE: America decided"
'scuse me, *I'm* one of LaToya's fans. I've loved her voice and her on-stage poise from day one. And although I *do* have a life I take nothing for granted with this American Idol voting thing. So I did indeed spend two hours Tuesday night, dialing and redialing and redialing ad nauseum. I'd say I succeeded in getting through only about 50% of the time. The rest of the time I got a busy signal.

I am sickened by this turn of events. My wish is that this travesty will result in changes in the voting system next season. Either that, or that there won't be a fourth season.

Olena 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
35. "RE: America decided"
So agree last nights news was a total bomb out, she has a outragous voice it's just her lack of stage precence that really hurt her but talent was never and will never be Latoya's problem and if life is fair even after her exit last night she will still end up with a contract and life will then again be fair.

moniepenny 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 08:20 AM (EST)
8. "RE: America decided"
America did not decide, the producers did. Dont you think it created better ratings to create drama? and bigger advertising money? why werent there any surprises and upsets in the voting last year then? look at the audience on American Idol, all ages, all different types of people, these are the same people that vote! why do you think everyone was booing in the audience!!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-04, 08:48 AM (EST)
14. "Removed post"
Friendly reminder - per the guidelines, please don't post the same message in multiple threads.

LilNik8 195 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 05:38 PM (EST)
43. "RE: America decided"
>I never quite understood who Latoya's
>fans were. She does have
>a good voice, but she
>doesn't have rabid fans who
>vote two hours straight like
>Jas and Di do. So
>it really doesn't surprise me
>that she's gone now. I
>believe America is speaking and
>the producers are not controlling
>the outcome (although I'm sure
>this may be their preferred
>final 3 for ratings).

Well my mother and I were voting from two different states and neither of us could get through on LaToya's line all night. Maybe they just lowered the number of phone lines she got for this show...hey, I dunno if it's a conspiracy, but this reminds me of AI 1 when Tamyra got voted off before Nikki McKibbin. The difference here is that Nikki was in the bottom 2 and Jasmine wasn't even there.

~PhoenixMons is God Thank you so much!~

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 08:15 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
I stated my theory in the results show thread, LaToya didn't have a personality to pull in votes. She was a great singer, but as Simon would say "so what?". Who was she?

I have a question for everyone... Do you remember the first week of the finals? Jasmine blew most of us away, she sang really well. Every once in awhile there's a glimmer of what her voice could do, as someone above me stated... she has a voice, she just doesn't know how to use it yet. Add that to she's getting most of the male votes because she's cute and perky (read it's ok for her to go braless unlike Fantasia).

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-13-04, 08:33 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
Jasmie did say she power votes for herself so maybe she ahd Diana doing it too last week so they can get the good competition out of the running.
The show has gone really downhill fast this year.
I understand your theory but then John Stevens should actually still be there becasue supposedly he was getting every little girl in America's votes..

05-13-04, 08:37 AM (EST)
12. "My theory"
is that she doesn't have her own personality, so she doesn't pull in votes. I also think she hurt herself with her comments on Tuesday's show.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-13-04, 10:00 AM (EST)
21. "RE: LaToya's lack of personality"
Breezy, I agree and I am happy that it looks like Diana & Fantasia (my two favorites) will be the top two.

This is somewhat a similar situation to the Jennifer boot. Personally, I'd rather it happen now, when I'm pretty sure that Jasmine won't make it to the end.

Just because Fantasia was in the bottom two, doesn't mean Jasmine is going to be in the top two next week. She has promise and potential, but I think LaToya's fans will generally throw their votes to Diana & Fantasia.

Many of the performers in the Top 12 will find markets. There are fans even for John Stevens.

Another thing is mere voting and forcing an Idol isn't a guarantee of commercial success. It's only an indicator. Once performers have proven themselves and developed a fanbase, the proof is in the output - word of mouth on the cd, personal appearances. Clay is outperforming Ruben. So the title of Idol isn't a guarantee that any of the Final 3 will be the biggest draw in the marketplace. LaToya might even out-sell them all. 10 fans who called up once and then each buy a CD is better than 1 fan phoning up to vote 100 times who buys only 1 CD.

05-13-04, 02:46 PM (EST)
32. "RE: LaToya's lack of personality"
Just my opion but personally Laytoya has a better voice then Diana and she was the one compatition that Fantasia had left after Jennifer and Huff were booted off. I am from hawaii and personally Jasmine is the one that should have been gone right after Jhon was booted out.

Olena

05-13-04, 02:49 PM (EST)
34. "Holy Previewbutton!"
LayToya? yep she has a wonderful voice, just no personality.

My first summary

05-13-04, 03:17 PM (EST)
36. "RE: LaToya's lack of personality"
I agree with you 100%. Everyone is thinking that the whole state of hawaii is voting for her and I don't think that is true. I totally believe she should have left last week before George. Rumor has it she actually had less votes then George last week but it was so close less then 200 that the producers had a behind closed door meeting and decided to save her over to this week to start more controversy.

moniepenny 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 08:47 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
Your theory is incorrect, this is a singing competition, not a popularity contest! Personality or not the girls got CHOPS! Jasmine one day with lots of singing lessons may be able to get to latoya's level, NOT!

05-13-04, 08:54 AM (EST)
15. "You forgot"
to say that in your opinion my theory is incorrect.

Sticking to my theory and sorry but yes this IS a popularity contest also.

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 10:51 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
this is a singing competition, not a popularity contest!

In my opinion, this is not a singing competition or a popularity contest. This is a TV show. It's all about ratings.

Reality TV Rule #1: humiliate "real" people for having the gall to think they could become celebrities.

05-13-04, 11:05 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
Actually, it's a dessert topping. And a floor cleaner.

Agrees it's just entertainment. Fox will keep it as long as it remains the ratings cow it is, and they don't give a flying flip whether the winner is the best singer, or the most popular. As long as people watch, that's all the network wants.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ and YOUR American Idol.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-13-04, 11:24 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
>Actually, it's a dessert topping.
>And a floor cleaner.

SHIMMER? It's my favorite! (wanted you to know at least ONE person got the SNL reference)

I don't think the voting is "rigged" by producers. I think one huge factor working against LaToya is regional loyalty. LaToya is from Oakland, and frankly I just don't see the Oakland / SF Bay Area getting behind her in droves.

But I'll bet each of the other candidates has a huge core of regional voters going to bat for them.

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

I am sickened that LaToya's gone

05-13-04, 08:24 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
I was taken aback by Jasmine's continous smiling last night after she realized she was safe. Blowing kisses with that grin on her face.
Well maybe now people will start believing what I have said, the show is fixed.
Actually from what I have heard Jasmine should have been gone when George left but the producers decided to keep her around knowing Latoya was going this weeka nd would create more controversy. They love controversy, its good for the ratings.
So now they expect America to endure another week of her off key, flat singing and then the judges insulting her and she will shed those tears again. Well I cannot see how American can fall for her act again.
I actually believe Latoya did not want to win, after all the winner and the runner up are at the mercy of American Idol for at least 5 years or longer , where the other contestants can go on and do as they please as long as they wait until the idols cd's come out first.
I think everyone should stop watching.
Diana in that outfit last night dancing, it was hard on the eyes then when they show her Mother, you are looking at her in 25 years, what an idol...

sea0tter12 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-13-04, 02:39 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
What show were you watching? Jasmine was crying and smiling, but mostly crying. She was clearly upset that Latoya was gone, and I think most of America would agree with me. And this is coming from someone who doesn't really like Jasmine and can't believe LaToya is gone.

Godd3ss 86 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-13-04, 02:44 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
I dont even think that was smiling. I think she was in shock that she was safe. Kind of like the weeks when Johnny Red was safe when he knew that he should have gone home. I dont think the show is fixed. Controversy pisses people off. I think since so many people feel that this show is rigged, that they may lose a lot of viewers for the next season. I think it simply comes down to people spreading votes around because they assume people will be safe. I think that Diana deserved to be in the top 2. I think Jasmine deserved to go, but I think Latoya would have followed the next week, so all in all, I dont think that it showed things too out of whack.

05-13-04, 03:24 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
I have read several articles on the subject today and heard on the radio, she continued to smile and was gesturing to people in the audience.
She seemed to be crying but she had her hands covering her face. Lets face it, do you think she was upset to ee her go, I bet Diana was singing inside.
I also read that Diana was a finalist last year in America's most talented kid hosted by that Lopez guy..
Man her Mother is really pushing her on the contest circuit.

drooler 67 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 05:58 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
I saw the same show Joshidol saw: Jasmine was grinning and laughing as soon as she heard Latoya was booted. I was offended by it too--I kept thinking the tears on Tues got her votes, but the Wed giggles might just wipe out those votes.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 09:24 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
i think that there are several reasons why latoya left. i really don't think there is a conspiracy amongst producers, who after all, want to be able to profit from a talented star at the end of this whole ordeal.

but you know, the judges have been telling latoya and fantasia throughout the whole competition that they don't even need american idol to be great singers. and i think latoya's comments on tuesday nite, when imho she seemed under-whelmed by the whole "winner" thing really seemed to suggest that she KNOWS she doesn't need to win the show to succeed.

so many folks who haven't won have done quite well (clay, kimberly l, good ol' frenchie, tamyra). i don't think latoya's exit spells death for her career.

although a crappy idol definitely is death for the show.

05-13-04, 09:39 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
the judges have been telling latoya and fantasia throughout the whole competition that they don't even need american idol to be great singers.

Which is exactly why LaToya and Fantasia have been ending up in the bottom so often in the voting. Yes, they have fans, and they have fans who would probably go out and buy their CDs. But why waste two hours every Tuesday night when they don't need the votes to get a contract? Some of us would rather spend the time watching '24' and 'The Shield'.

although a crappy idol definitely is death for the show.

Do I see a shark being jumped?

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ and YOUR American Idol.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 09:41 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
*nods head in agreement with Bebo*
I definitely see a shark jumping. I'll still watch it though (as long as it's on).

an incredible JSlice creation

05-13-04, 09:50 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
I read where the contract they make you sign as winner and runner up is very confining. You are basically at there mercy for 5 years and they take a good percentage of their earnings.
I do think she did not want to sign it like Tamyra Grey did not want their contract.
However, if that is the case there still should be some way of getting around it then letting us believe that Jasmine got more votes.
American Idol is going to have to give themselves an Extreme Makeover in the off season or they won't last much longer.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 09:53 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
Oh, Bebo, I said the exact same thing last night to DBF. You definitely see a shark and it's a huge, honkin' great white.

mld 6 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 11:05 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
I knew La Toya or Fantasia was going to get the boot when Ryan opened the show by saying, "welcome to the most unpredictable show in America." I don't recall him saying that before (as an opening line), so right then I knew something shady was going to happen. The show, for me, has officially become a waste of time.

mld

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 11:26 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
Another thing I noticed was that Randy was using the *D* word again and he hadn't done that since Jennifer's boot....

emydi

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-13-04, 01:24 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
Wow...all I can say is that I am shocked! I would have never thought that Latoya would be the one getting booted. Whether America voted this way or whether it was set up to be this way, it was a mistake IMO. Jasmine should have been the one to go. Anyone think that her tears after she was bashed for her performances were fake? I mean, maybe she cried to get votes of sympathy? Just a theory, don't kill me if you don't agree.

05-13-04, 02:17 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
Oh you are not the first person to come up with that theory.
Just read that next week they are each going to sing 3 songs, 1 picked by themselves, 1 picked by the judges and 1 picked by Clive Davis of RCA who will have to sign them.
This should be very inteesting to say the least, lets see what song choice the judges come up with for Jasmine. I think we all know for her choice it will be either a Disney or a Celine Dion tune.
Then on Monday they are doing a special called the final 3, didn't we just see the final 5? They are forcing too much of this down you, how much more can we learn about them. ???

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
I think she believed she was leaving, and was sad. Especially after Paula couldn't find anything nice to say.

Godd3ss 86 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 02:48 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
I dont think she cried to get sympathy votes. I think she was upset because she is a teenage girl and I think she also realized that she would be going home. I probably would have cried too. And I am sure she cried afterwards, because she KNOWS that she should have gone home and probably felt guilty because of it. I think we are making all of these people out to be much more evil than they really are.

05-13-04, 03:30 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
I think people expected her to be a little more humbled like John Stevens was. She consistently has been the worse performer for the past 2 or 3 weeks and the judges have told her.
I thik it was a turnoff when she realized she was safe to act the way she did. Whether anyone saw it or not, she grinned from ear to ear for a long time. there was Fantasia and Latoya standing up there. I think Diana was also gloating but tried to put on a fake crying face too.
Latoya was their biggest competitor next to Fantasia.
I remember last year when Josh Fracin was safe and Ruben went to the Bottom 2, did you see him smiling and grinning and blowing kisses, he sat there humbled knowing it should have been him.

05-13-04, 04:11 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
Why? She was counting her blessings that she was still there she knew that she should be gone. But thanks god she's still there.

05-13-04, 04:22 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
Not too sure God played a part in keeping Jasmine in the competition.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 05:00 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
Not too sure God played a part in keeping Jasmine in the competition.

yer right of course. i hear he resides in canada, and they aren't allowed to vote in AI.

05-13-04, 05:15 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
the point is she knew what was suppose to come but the reality of is it didn't and to down her for it is vain of you to think you would not do the same thing.

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 06:29 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
I'm sorry, I just don't buy into the conspiracy theory that the producers are picking the winner or whatever BS. I also don't buy the racism garbage.

It's pretty clear what happened a couple weeks ago and the other night: Two similar contestants split the vote and got screwed. However, in the end, the best contestant will still win, and that's all that matters. Latoya will be fine, and has a career ahead of her without winning this game... and yes, it's just a game show.

Fantasia, LaToya and Jennifer had a similar fan base, and split the votes before and ended up in the bottom three. Now Fantasia and LaToya split them. Diana and Jasmine have distinct fan bases who voted for them. Jasmine's fans knew she was in trouble and rallied extra hard to vote while LaToya's thought she was safe so were more lax about it.

Quit crying foul about the voting. If your favorite doesn't win, vote so you can do something about it.

05-13-04, 08:22 PM (EST)
46. "Yep, you're entitled with your opinion..."
But you can think or read between the lines about these scenario...

It will be the lost of the producers if the most marketable contestant (as these producers believe it) will slip from their hands... LaToya, though great she is, may give these producers a doubt of her marketability because of what Simon C believe her to be--boring... Fantasia got the perky and lively attitude while Diana got the teeny-Hillary Duff imagery...

As for the racist card... I don't buy that one...

Voting can be a factor but like the show disclaimer said, the producers have the final say...

05-14-04, 09:50 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Yep, you're entitled with your opinion..."
You said it Gooey,
It all boils down to what they want and it is printed in the disclaimer so if they think Diana can sell more cd's then that is who will win.
As for the first runner up, they are too at the mercy of American Idol so that show wins in both ways.
I still can't see Diana selling a ton of records, nice voice but too old of an image unless they plan on extreme making her over, hey that could be a new show.. Extreme Makeovers of American Idols..

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 02:54 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Theory/Logic behind LaToya's boot?"
I agree 100% Acawap, there is no way the producers are fixing the results. The risk of getting caught is to great. They could not keep it from getting out. They do not want a scandal that would kill the show.

The show is a ratings bonanza and the producers do not want to do anything that could potentially hurt the ratings.

As far as racism goes, when there was only one caucasian in the top 5 contestants, that can hardly be thought of as racist voting by the general public.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •