The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"And then there were 3!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-13-04, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"And then there were 3!!!"
What does everyone think about the final 3?

Diana: Bubble gum and canopy beds with unicorn comforters, but the kid has pipes. To me she's what the mom from that 70's Show's character would've been like at 16.

Jasmine: Pretty girl who's gotten everything she's ever wanted, seems nice enough but we all know LaToya should be in her spot right now

Fantasia: Surivor, the "It" girl, owns the stage, some people seem to be irritated by her, but when she's on she can't be stopped.

What do you think about them?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: And then there were 3!!! kajagogo 05-13-04 1
 RE: And then there were 3!!! Goooey_Alley 05-13-04 2
   RE: And then there were 3!!! shedevil 05-13-04 3
       RE: And then there were 3!!! thescheme 05-13-04 4
           The Justin Guarini Factor steppingrazor42 05-13-04 10
           RE: And then there were 3!!! theincrediblehugey 05-13-04 14
       Jasmine's voice Breezy 05-13-04 6
           RE: Jasmine's voice Glow 05-13-04 8
           RE: Jasmine's voice shedevil 05-13-04 19
       RE: And then there were 3!!! JOSHIDOL 05-13-04 7
       Deserve the blame????? stormysatan 05-13-04 11
           RE: Deserve the blame????? bucket 05-13-04 17
           RE: Deserve the blame????? shedevil 05-13-04 20
 RE: And then there were 3!!! redheaded_sweetheart 05-13-04 5
 RE: And then there were 3!!! dangerkitty 05-13-04 9
   Ditto! Breezy 05-13-04 12
   RE: And then there were 3!!! theincrediblehugey 05-13-04 13
 RE: And then there were 3!!! mixmaster59 05-13-04 15
 RE: And then there were 3!!! Skyfel 05-13-04 16
   Why Jasmine should be the next Amer... aabid 05-13-04 18
       RE: Why Jasmine should be the next ... soccer_angel22 05-16-04 21
           RE: Why Jasmine should be the next ... aabid 05-16-04 22
               RE: Why Jasmine should be the next ... JOSHIDOL 05-17-04 23
           RE: Why Jasmine should be the next ... eileen 05-18-04 24
               RE: Why Jasmine should be the next ... scoots 05-18-04 25
                   RE: Why Jasmine should be the next ... mistofleas 05-18-04 26
                       Why Jasmine should be the next Amer... scoots 05-18-04 27
                           Done now, after this... mistofleas 05-18-04 28
                               Done now, after this... scoots 05-18-04 29
                                   RE: Done now, after this... mistofleas 05-18-04 30
                                       Done now, after this... scoots 05-19-04 31
                                           Welcome to the forums Bebo 05-19-04 32
 Fantasia Pepito 05-19-04 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kajagogo 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-13-04, 01:16 AM (EST)
1. "RE: And then there were 3!!!"
i absolutely love fantasia! maybe getting a little tired of her persona (the pink boots killed me for the SECOND time!!!!)... but not NEAR as much as i'm getting tired of diana & jasmine's weak unsteady vocals! at least fantasia can SING!! diana will be good someday, but not yet. her voice IS too girly, especially on the cutsey wootsey parts. she drives me insane with that smile, but yes she can hit the power notes. BUT SO CAN FANTASIA AND LATOYA... arrrghhhh sorry, still fuming about tonight's votes.

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-13-04, 03:12 AM (EST)
2. "RE: And then there were 3!!!"
I've been out for two days for a convention... and when I learned Jasmine was still in... I'm soooo pissed at the producers!!! They are manipulating the results!

I love Jasmine but I don't want her to stay this long 'cause she'll definitely be trashed and her hope for brighter future will be slimmer with all this negativity... LaToya turned into a victim while Jasmine will be blamed (note... not the producers are being blamed!)

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-13-04, 04:32 AM (EST)
3. "RE: And then there were 3!!!"
Jasmine is being "trashed" because she isn't good enough to be called an "American Idol", not because of any other reason. She deserves the blame, it's her voice that goes flat and out of tune, not the producers. They certainly didn't hold a gun to her head and force her to audition.

thescheme 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 08:32 AM (EST)
4. "RE: And then there were 3!!!"
PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA: LEND ME YOUR EARS!
I have vome up with a perfect solution to our problem:
let us vote for Jasmine and Diana next week and eliminate our beloved Fantasia. I know it sounds nacabre and far fetched, but here is the twist:
IF EITHER JASMINE OR DIANA WINS, THEIR RECORDS WILL ROT IN THE SHELVES OF EVERY RECORD STORE IN AMERICA, just like it happened with Justin Guarini's album, who should have never been the runner up (Mss. Gray should).

If I succeed in this plot the producers of this show will fanally pay for their schemes where it really hurts: their pockets. PLEASE HELP ME MAKE THIS HAPPEN, it will also save us from having to listen to them singing one more time, because you know we wont be tuning in to the last show. WHAT FOR? Our favorites out of the race, we just sit back and relax waiting for their albums to be released. Also when the final episode of this season three gets the lowest rating of all of the episodes of American Idol ever, the producers will start making some changes to the voting process. Please consider this and don't dismiss it as crazy talking.

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 11:44 AM (EST)
10. "The Justin Guarini Factor"
I kind have been thinking all along that maybe it would be better to have Fantasia come in 3rd or 2nd. To me, it's a double edged sword to be crowned the American Idol, it's like being a childhood star or something.
Obviously Fantasia and LaToya, even Jennifer will have careers after the show, someone like Diana maybe would be able to use being the American Idol more to her advantage.

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-13-04, 05:58 PM (EST)
14. "RE: And then there were 3!!!"
Yah! La Toya is better off without the AI win.

That's actually what I said about George when he got booted.

And John. And Jennifer. And Camille. And Jon. And Amy.

Fantasia better get booted next week, 'cause she'll be better off then.

And I hope Diana comes in second, and Jasmine wins, 'cause she's the one who really, really, really deserves the AI strait jacket, er, I mean, contract.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-04, 08:48 AM (EST)
6. "Jasmine's voice"
is better than Britney's and Britney is an American Pop Star.

*boggle* she deserves the blame? How? America votes.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 09:26 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Jasmine's voice"
I agree on both counts, Breezy.

is it safe?

05-13-04, 10:28 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Jasmine's voice"
I disagree, Britney can sing in tune, she still sucks but doesn't screech and go flat all of the time like Jasmine.

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 08:48 AM (EST)
7. "RE: And then there were 3!!!"
SheDevil is right...
Besides why does everyone think Jasmine is getting by on her looks. She is not that great looking, of course next to squinty eye Diana she looks like a beauty.
This show is so fixed.
Well I guess Diana's first CD will be called "Best Hits of Judy Garland and Kate Smith"..
Jasmine will do "tunes to Hula by in a flat C".

stormysatan 90 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-13-04, 12:40 PM (EST)
11. "Deserve the blame?????"
It is definitely idiotic to say that Jasmine deserves the blame for the result.
Can you blame someone because he is ugly or he is short or he is sickly or he is less-gifted?
I understand that jasmine is no match to Latoya, Jennifer, or Fantasia when it comes to talent but she did not have the hand in the way the result came out. Therefore, it is irresponsible and grossly illogical to put the blame on her.

bucket 5 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 09:49 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Deserve the blame?????"
Its pure stupidity to blame Jasmine for LaToya being voted off. You can blame people like me who voted for Jasmine.

05-13-04, 10:37 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Deserve the blame?????"
I don't know if the "stupidity" and "idiotic" comments are being directed at what I said, if they are then you should know that I was saying Jasmine is to be blamed for "being trashed", because she put herself up for ridicule knowing she sings off key. I didn't say she was to blame for Latoya leaving. A person's opinion is not stupid just because you don't agree with them.

redheaded_sweetheart 276 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 08:37 AM (EST)
5. "RE: And then there were 3!!!"
Great assessment of Diana - Jasmine too, but I can't agree that Fantasia is has the "IT" factor. She doesn't do it for me... but then again, I was rooting for George!

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-13-04, 11:23 AM (EST)
9. "RE: And then there were 3!!!"
Diana - She does have a great voice but inconsistent. I wanted to slap her last night when she kept applauding for herself, grinning and bouncing up and down in her seat because she was "safe." Have some class, girl.

Jasmine - lovely, lovely young lady. I still remember the songs/notes that she has sung well, I love her voice when she's on. But when she is off - aaargh, it's horrible. If that is "fixable", she has a great future. And I don't blame her for LaToya's exit, nor do I think she should be castigated because she shed a couple of tears the other night. Yes, she volunteered for this, but no one can possibly anticipate the pressure and how it will affect you. I'm amazed that more of them don't cry, frankly. She has shown a lot of poise throughout, and one moment of weakness doesn't erase that.

Fantasia - well, I was not a Fantasia fan from the beginning, voice and attitude bugged me - as it did/does many others. But she has grown on me, and I appreciate her talent and uniqueness much more now. She is far superior to the other two, but she doesn't need to win this in order to succeed. Yes, I actually like Fantasia now.

Last season, I would find certain performances staying with me for a day or more afterward. Many by Clay, a couple by Kim Locke - but none by Ruben. Ruben is a nice guy, but his performances never got to me in any deep way.

This year - I think "Summertime" by Fantasia and "Inseparable" by Jasmine are the only performances that are still with me at all. I just mention this as a reflection on the overall impact of this season and the performers. Clay had/has something special that I've not felt this season.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 12:42 PM (EST)
12. "Ditto!"
<insert all of dangerkitty's comments here>

You have mail.

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-13-04, 01:48 PM (EST)
13. "RE: And then there were 3!!!"
Jasmine - lovely, lovely young lady. I still remember the songs/notes that she has sung well, I love her voice when she's on. But when she is off - aaargh, it's horrible. If that is "fixable", she has a great future.

Exactly. IMO.

Fantasia - well, I was not a Fantasia fan from the beginning, voice and attitude bugged me - as it did/does many others. But she has grown on me, and I appreciate her talent and uniqueness much more now.

Precisely what I was thinking.

Last season, I would find certain performances staying with me for a day or more afterward....This year - I think "Summertime" by Fantasia and "Inseparable" by Jasmine are the only performances that are still with me at all. I just mention this as a reflection on the overall impact of this season and the performers.

I never saw the first two seasons, so I can't speak about them, but I agree about "Summertime" and "Inseparable" being special moments.

However, I can think of several other moments that have stayed with me:
The first time I watched the show (wildcard night) I just laughed and smiled when JPL sang "A Little Less Conversation." I found it very entertaining (in a good way, not like William Hung) and that's what hooked me into AI.

I enjoyed George's upbeat personality, and really got into several of his performances -- "Lean on Me," "Ain't Too Proud to Beg," "Take Me to the Pilot," and "What a Wonderful World."

Amy was the consumate performer on Country Night with "Sin Wagon." I don't even like Country, or that song, but I loved her performance of it.

Matt's sing-out was priceless.

I really like Camille's song on the soul album. It has "stayed with me" for several weeks now.

Jennifer brings a lump to my throat and my eyes water up every time I hear the endings to "The Circle of Life" and "Weekend in New England." Her voice has more than just power, it has passion.

I have just one moment from all of La Toya's songs that is memorable to me. It was in the middle of the Elton John song, when she did a hands rising up gesture while singing "butterflies are free to fly...fly away." It was pretty kitsch, I know, but it struck me as being such a beautiful moment. For me, that moment is the essence of La Toya. Beautiful.

Except for the weeks when she had laryngitis, I have enjoyed all of Diana's performances, but it is those moments when she soars from the lower register on up to the top that wow me.

To Fantasia's rendition of "Summertime," I would add the song she sang on Big Band Night. I forget what it's called, but she dedicated it to her baby. She knows how to express herself with her music.

mixmaster59 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-13-04, 08:37 PM (EST)
15. "RE: And then there were 3!!!"
I haven't been jazzed about anyone this year. Not like last season. As soon a Clay opened his mouth to sing, I got goose bumps.

Fantasia, Laytoya, Jennifer all great singers. But they failed to produce that extra something special that I got from Clay. Perhaps it is because I don't care for their style of music. All lack the personality that I search for in a pop star. I don't see buying their CD's. For that matter, I will not purchase Cd's from Jasmine or Diana.

Except for the all the conterversy that has multiplied five fold this season. I have been rathered bored by everyone. This has actually been this worst season thus far.

Lets see what we have here. Three singers that sang way over the top, just to display their vocal range. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but what I like is for the singer to sing the darn song with some emotion, and not try so darn hard to show off. Fantasia , Laytoya, and Jennifer seemed to be in compition with each other just to could sing the loudest.

We had some extremely terrible singers, who I still can't believe made in the top twelve. JPL, Matt, Leah, Carmin, John S.

And then we have the middle of the road singers, George, Jasmine and even Diana.

How very, very, disappointed I am about AI this season. The truth is, I really don't give a hoot who wins.

Skyfel 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 09:05 PM (EST)
16. "RE: And then there were 3!!!"
Jasmine: horrible. needs to go. I've wanted her gone since the beginning of this Idol. I liked George alot but LATOYA IS THE BEST and should have won the whole thing!

Diana: ok for a 16 year old. No "IDOL". She needs more time.

Fantasia: same sound. She doesn't usually sound much different from week to week. She makes everyone like her more when she calms down and does a REALLY good job like with "Songs from the movies" night. That was "Summertime"...very good job. I like Fanny (I call her) but she's no Latoya. I rather Fanny win though since Toya is gone.

Laura in Indiana

aabid 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 10:02 PM (EST)
18. "Why Jasmine should be the next American Idol"
She has a sweet voice. It’s a voice I would enjoy hearing and sing along with.
I think if she had her own songs that she would be even more popular.
She’s unique in that that she’s not a trained singer, not a professional. And she has room to grow.
She has a pleasant personality and has a close relationship with her father.
Her singing is effortless and she hits the high note naturally. Her songs are what I would listen to knowing that I would feel relaxed by them. She maintains and takes pride of her Hawaiian background.
And she is really pretty!

soccer_angel22 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-04, 02:53 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Why Jasmine should be the next American Idol"
I agree. Jasmine has a really nice voice. Although last week was well... a little bit of a rough week for her. I disagree when people say that she shouldn't call herself Hawaiian just because she's Filipino. FYI she's also Hawaiian. If you didn't notice, people can be more than 1 nationality.

aabid 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-04, 09:07 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Why Jasmine should be the next American Idol"
She also works in a restaurant…it maybe her family’s but anyone how has worked a real job like that has my admiration.
As for her being a Hawaiian or Filipino….I think Filipinos and Hawaiians are both of Polynesian and Malay descent….

More information on that here:
Hawai'i is one of the most racially diverse places in the world as there is no majority--everyone is in a minority! In the 2000 census, more than 20% claimed multi-ethnic backgrounds, far more than any other U.S. state. This was the first census that provided this category, so it's believed that many people chose one of their ethnic origins instead of the new multiple origins choice. More than half of Hawaii's population is at least part Asian, about the same is part Caucasian, and about a quarter claim Hawaiian ancestry.
http://www.hawaiischoolreports.com/people.htm

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-04, 10:37 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Why Jasmine should be the next American Idol"
I think it was Camille who worked in the restaurant and not Jasmine, could be wrong..
Jasmine starts off great on all her songs but by midway she just goes downhill.. she needs voal training on that and untile she can master that she should not win any singing contest...

eileen 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-04, 02:38 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Why Jasmine should be the next American Idol"
FYI, saying you're Hawaiian is like saying you're Californian. It's not a nationality, it's a state. She claims that she is "Filipino, Chinese, and Spanish." If you don't know by now, that is what most Filipinos are. Look in your history books...you'll understand that all the watering down in the Philippines makes for that kind of mix.

scoots 5 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-04, 03:19 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Why Jasmine should be the next American Idol"
Actually, unlike California, Hawai'i was once an independent nation. Thus, the people of Hawaiian descent take pride in their nationality. Also, stereotyping Jas to look like all Filipinos is certainly inappropriate. Perhaps if you read (not merely "looked") in your history books, you'd understand some Hawaiian history and be a little more open minded about the appearances of other people in the world.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-04, 04:01 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Why Jasmine should be the next American Idol"
Also, stereotyping Jas to look like all Filipinos is certainly inappropriate. Perhaps if you read (not merely "looked") in your history books, you'd understand some Hawaiian history and be a little more open minded about the appearances of other people in the world.

Eileen didn't sterotype Jasmine by saying she looked Filipino. She said:
She claims that she is "Filipino, Chinese, and Spanish." If you don't know by now, that is what most Filipinos are. *Note the period at the end of the sentence*

Then she wrote: Look at your history books. Perhaps you saw the are. Look in eileens sentence then mis-read her statement to say : If you don't know by now,that is how most filipinos look.

Re-read it before you start accusing people of not "being a little more opened minded about the appearance of other people in the world."

All of this of course is completely beside the point of this thread which is that some people think Jasmine deserves to be in the Top 3 and some people do not. Put me in the latter catagory please.

--puts ear plugs in as soon as she sees Jasmine coming on stage

05-18-04, 05:33 PM (EST)
27. "Why Jasmine should be the next American Idol"
You are absolutely right, Eileen did not say that Jasmine looked Filipino, but instead, generalized that all Filipinos are part Chinese and Spanish. Thank you for reiterating and highlighting the ignorance of that post. Perhaps, you completely missed the tone of the post when you focused too intently on grammar, language, and punctuation. Next time, pay attention to the intent of what is being said, instead of how its being said. Good luck.

05-18-04, 05:54 PM (EST)
28. "Done now, after this..."
Eileen did not say that Jasmine looked Filipino, but instead, generalized that all Filipinos are part Chinese and Spanish.

Oh I get it, you're ticked off because someone claiming to be of Filipino ancestry is someone from the Philippines, not a combination of Chinese, Spanish etc.

Oh yeah, that's definitely ignorant. String her up!!! Oh and we might as well string up those people who think that those claiming to be Latino are only from Mexico. *whatever*

Next time, pay attention to the intent of what is being said, instead of how its being said.

Ditto.

*rolls eyes and gets back to the actual point of the thread*

05-18-04, 05:57 PM (EST)
29. "Done now, after this..."
See, now you get it...was that so difficult?

05-18-04, 08:01 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Done now, after this..."
See, now you get it...was that so difficult?

I'm not exactly sure what your problem is here, but if you have an issue with me, please feel free to use the Private Message feature located at the top right of my post.

To continue with such childish comments as the one above, when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, is unfair to the rest of the people in this forum.

05-19-04, 09:51 AM (EST)
31. "Done now, after this..."
Nah, I think this should suffice...thought you were "Done now, after this..."

What was the topic at hand? AI...contestants...nationalities...grammar lessons...OH YES, the final three. Who would have expected that? Wow!

Well, I hope you're feeling better. Sometimes it helps to talk about it and get it out of your system. Maybe it worked for you (I think it did). Its been a pleasure...just don't forget to breathe in!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 11:08 AM (EST)
32. "Welcome to the forums"
Scoots, I haven't had a chance to officially welcome you to our little forums. Now that this "exchange" appears to be complete, I'll invite you to read our community guidelines. I think you'll be able to figure out that most of our posters come here to discuss topics in a friendly environment, and that the tone used in posts is taken into consideration.

I encourage you to get involved in the discussions, but if your sole aim is to pick apart other posters, then this probably isn't the right place for you.

Pepito 587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-19-04, 11:25 AM (EST)
34. "Fantasia"
Fantasia is my vote for American Idol. Love Diana, better personality, talented singer, but Fantasia -- when she good, she's very VERY good....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •