The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"5 Votes from Every Hawaiian"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

mojoutd 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-13-04, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"5 Votes from Every Hawaiian"
I wa thinking about this last night. Simon said, "For you to stay in this competition, everyone in Hawaii would have to vote five times each."

I half wonder if the Hawaii contingent of people is rather large. And they actually took that as an insult and did vote 5 TIMES! or more. She didn't get booted.

Also, Being from Georgia...i know it is probably one of the largest states. Fantasia from NC, and Jasmine from hawaii, and yall know that your state REALLY supports you, even if you're from an obscure home town.

But i was thinking about this a lot. Kelly was from Texas, the biggest state in the U.S. and so was Nicky, and in the end, Nicky made it to the final four.

I also need to ask, someone posted that the contestants can powervote for themselves????!!!! WTF!!!!!

No way? How wrong is that?

Seriously?

that's gotta be an error?

Thoughts

Mojo

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 5 Votes from Every Hawaiian theincrediblehugey 05-13-04 1
 RE: 5 Votes from Every Hawaiian JOSHIDOL 05-13-04 2
   RE: 5 Votes from Every Hawaiian theincrediblehugey 05-13-04 6
 I heard Simon said... Goooey_Alley 05-13-04 3
   RE: I heard Simon said... theincrediblehugey 05-13-04 4
       RE: I heard Simon said... Goooey_Alley 05-13-04 5
           RE: I heard Simon said... mojoutd 05-13-04 7
               Seriously. . . azublu 05-14-04 8
                   RE: Seriously. . . mojoutd 05-14-04 10
                       RE: Seriously. . . azublu 05-15-04 11
 RE: 5 Votes from Every Hawaiian seahorse 05-14-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-13-04, 12:10 PM (EST)
1. "RE: 5 Votes from Every Hawaiian"
OK. I got curious. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the estimated population of Hawaii in 2002 was 1,244,898. Multiply that by 5 and you get 6,224,490 votes from every man, woman, and toddler in Hawaii. Hmm...I suppose a few mainlanders might have chipped in a few.

This is from last week's issue of Entertainment Weekly:

While Jasmine talks about how ''we all got new AT&T phones so my dad and my auntie and I were voting the whole time,'' Jennifer rolls her eyes. ''What, I should have a mic in one hand and a phone in the other?'' she laughs. ''I didn't vote for myself at all. No, no. I did my part.''

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-13-04, 12:16 PM (EST)
2. "RE: 5 Votes from Every Hawaiian"
Jasmine said in her interview in Entertainment Weekly that she, Rudy(the dad) and her Auntie all got new AT&T phones and they constantly vote the whole 2 hours. You see she is on West Coast time so I guess she can sneak off to the bathroom when its time to vote. I cannot imagine her sitting in front of everyone doing that. Jennifer was still in the house when Jasmine gave the interview and she was totally appalled by that.
I can see voting for yourself but please announcing it to everyone is rather dumb.

05-13-04, 12:45 PM (EST)
6. "RE: 5 Votes from Every Hawaiian"
I'm assuming that since they got AT&T phones, they are text messaging the votes. I read somewhere that they never fail to get through.

I wonder how much it costs for two solid hours of text messages from three phones?

Anyone know?

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-13-04, 12:18 PM (EST)
3. "I heard Simon said..."
everyone in Hawaii should have 5 phones each just to save her...

I Have My Eye On You...

05-13-04, 12:29 PM (EST)
4. "RE: I heard Simon said..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-04 AT 01:56 PM (EST)

Look out Goooey! Something happened to your sig pic!

*What is that thing?*

Edited because I just noticed that there are three o's in Goooey.

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-13-04, 12:34 PM (EST)
5. "RE: I heard Simon said..."
Just made my new sigpic... I'm replacing my Jazzy sigpic...

It's Sadako (the girl from "The Ring")...

I Have My Eye On You...

05-13-04, 03:25 PM (EST)
7. "RE: I heard Simon said..."
OH. . . MY . . . GOD . . . . . . !!!!!!!!!!!
someone CALL the IDOL People!

You definitely can throw away the rACE CARD! And then pull out the CHEATER'S CARD!!!!! C'mn MAN!!!!!!! THAT is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong!

IDOL needs to jump ALL over this!

Jasmine should NOT have even the inkling of an option to Vote for herself, NOR should her FAMILY be allowed to Text Message like CRAZY!!!! C'MON!!!!!!!

I can't believe she would even do this! "I can't believe the Idol People would give them phones or the OPTION to do this!!!!!!!

Now the Rac Card concept is out the window, the but I FEEL SO Angry over the powervoting concept!

THAT. IS. WRONG!

Mojoutd

azublu 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-14-04, 03:21 PM (EST)
8. "Seriously. . ."
Do you actually think that if the contestants have the option to vote for themselves that the only one smart enough to take advantage of that is Jasmine?!? Yeah right! Jasmine is just the only one that is honest enough to admitt it! R u saying that if you were in her shoes, you would play the good sumaritan and not vote for yourself, even though it isn't against the rules?

05-14-04, 06:03 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Seriously. . ."
Hmmm,... How should i respond your post.,

Well, if you can vote foryourself, then that needs to be cleared up, BEFORE this hits the television airwaves, with hence, so many people willing to immediately play the race card.

Elton john's comment was slightly unwise, because it's raised a real set of eyebrows. Personally, i do not feel there is a racist problem with this show, however, I do feel at times that Simon has been less than honest.

When Amy Adams performed whatever Dixie Chicks song she performed, he said, and i quote. "I don't understand this music."

Then When Lotoya performed, he said. "Brilliant..."

How fair is that? It _isn't_ specificually not to Amy, who in fact was the better performer.

Now how do i put this. LAterly, they've been much much harsher on the contestants. Specificually, Fantasia and occasionally Lotoya, but i do remember in the beginning, there were times When Simon would contradict himself.

So, what does all this mean? Hmmmmm. Hard question.

IF there are no rules, then they need to be stated that there are no rule, which technically, in a way, a family member could go out, and use their family, (extended family to vote like HELL... Which does seem to me, that Jasmine has taken advantage of. Secondly, i think there needs to be a rule. No voting for yourself through family. I thought that was one of the reasons, that lately family has been in the audience so constantly.

SOOOOOOO, what do we say to this?

We nip it in the bud. But sadly, this specific context comes too little too late.

And there's just enough of a quote, a gap and a question to actually cause people to be in an uproar.

Sadly, there was a slight case of racism this time. Simon, Paula and Randy did in fact stack the deck so that a BLACK FEMALE could get through to the final performance, it's clearer than day to me. IT WAS DONE this time, and two of the three black contestants were excessively groomed, and nurtured to get this far.

That's my thoughts.

Mojoutd

azublu 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-15-04, 02:59 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Seriously. . ."
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-04 AT 03:03 PM (EST)

Okay, I don't know how many times I have heard Ryan Seacrest make comments on air at the end of the shows about the contestants running backstage to vote for themselves! That's a pretty big clue that it isn't against the rules! What else do you need to hear before you know that as part of the rules it's okay to vote for yourself?!? Maybe you could write AI and ask them to sent you a copy of the rules before each season! Also, you didn't even answer my question from the 1st posting, thus, the whole reason I thought you would be responding to the message!

P.S.-Unfortunatly, life is not fair!

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-04, 04:49 PM (EST)
9. "RE: 5 Votes from Every Hawaiian"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-04 AT 04:50 PM (EST)

5 votes per Hawaiin is pretty close. There are 1.2 million Hawaiins. According to a Yahoo article, there were 5 million calls made from Hawaii, more than 4 per person but only 1.3 million got through. This is more than one vote tallied per person. In total, there were approximately 30 million tallied votes out of a US population of about 280 million, so the per capita vote in Hawaii was 10 X the vote on the mainland.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •