The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Stop crying RACISM!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

OPS 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-13-04, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Stop crying RACISM!"
I'm just really getting sick of cries of racism any time a black contestant gets voted off. It can't be racism one week and then fairness and equality the next week.

You can't take a contest that was won by Ruben Studdard over Clay Aiken and say it 's racism.

If it was racism, then with blacks being only 12% of the population, no black person would ever even GET to the top 3.

And by the way, how about the possible racism committed BY black people? Isn't it interesting that LaToya and Fantasia finished at the bottom, and and a few weeks ago they and Jennifer Hudson finished at the bottom, possibly indicating that black people are all voting for only black contestants and therefore dividing up their votes? Just like when Hawaiians Jasmine and Lea Lavalle finshed in the bottom 2 a while ago, it could have been that the Hawaiian vote was divided between them.

If you want to claim racism, sexism, homophobia, or whatever else, fine, but you should actually BELIEVE IT, and have a logical basis for it. Not just because someone in YOUR demogrpahic group didn't win. Not a good enough reason. The problem is, no one wants to do any real analysis of what's behind the numbers. It's easier to just do the American thing, which has become: crying victimization.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Locking Bebo 05-13-04 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-04, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Locking"
No reason to start a new thread on this, when another one was started right before it.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •