The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Idols" you just don't get"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-05-04, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
""Idols" you just don't get"
Which contestants are popular and you just don't understand why?

Here's my top 3:

1. Jasmine Trias - she was awful, and barely any better on the results show. She is the one I take the most exception to of the 8 finalists so far, so she gets the #1 spot.

2. Matthew Metzger - (and Marque, and Erskine) all the guys in group 1 sucked, Matt was maybe the WORST in his performance, if not potential. I couldn't understand a word he said. And I don't understand the eye-candy factor either. I guess he could be cute, but I couldn't tell because his nose was blocking his entire face.

3. Diana - don't get what wowed everyone. she was very blah to me, and clearly no better than 4th in group 1 IMO.

to a lesser extent, I don't get how John S. was #1 in group 4. I can potentially see the appeal, but his performance was SOOOO WEAK! slightly better in the results show though, so I don't feel quite as bad (still would have taken Suzy or George...or Tiara...or John P. over him based solely on semifinal performance though)

- RMMNW!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "Idols" you just don't get EnglProf 03-05-04 1
   RE: "Idols" you just don't get I_AM_HE 03-05-04 2
   RE: "Idols" you just don't get volsfan 03-07-04 9
   Fantasia-agree weltek 03-09-04 16
       RE: Fantasia-agree EMT135 03-09-04 21
 RE: "Idols" you just don't get managerr 03-05-04 3
   RE: "Idols" you just don't get 712 03-08-04 12
 RE: "Idols" you just don't get BennyBoy 03-06-04 4
   RE: "Idols" you just don't get missygirl3 03-06-04 5
       RE: "Idols" you just don't get HawaiiRaine 03-06-04 7
 RE: "Idols" you just don't get munson 03-06-04 6
   Yeah, I agree... Goooey_Alley 03-06-04 8
       RE: Yeah, I agree... minkey 03-07-04 10
   RE: "Idols" you just don't get managerr 03-08-04 11
 RE: "Idols" you just don't get anotherkim 03-08-04 13
   RE: "Idols" you just don't get missygirl3 03-09-04 14
 RE: "Idols" you just don't get Bebo 03-09-04 15
   RE: "Idols" you just don't get I_AM_HE 03-09-04 17
       RE: "Idols" you just don't get Bebo 03-09-04 19
           RE: "Idols" you just don't get volsfan 03-09-04 24
               RE: "Idols" you just don't get I_AM_HE 03-09-04 25
 RE: "Idols" you just don't get Chrissy gal 03-09-04 18
   RE: "Idols" you just don't get minkey 03-09-04 20
       RE: "Idols" you just don't get munson 03-09-04 27
           RE: "Idols" you just don't get minkey 03-10-04 32
               RE: "Idols" you just don't get ginger 03-11-04 40
   RE: "Idols" you just don't get LilNik8 03-10-04 29
       RE: "Idols" you just don't get Chrissy gal 03-10-04 30
           RE: "Idols" you just don't get LilNik8 03-11-04 37
 RE: "Idols" you just don't get Femme 03-09-04 22
 RE: "Idols" you just don't get tig_ger 03-09-04 23
   RE: "Idols" you just don't get ManilaESQ 03-09-04 26
   RE: "Idols" you just don't get zeffy 03-10-04 28
       RE: "Idols" you just don't get tig_ger 03-10-04 33
 RE: "Idols" you just don't get LilNik8 03-10-04 31
 RE: "Idols" you just don't get buckeyegirl 03-10-04 34
 RE: "Idols" you just don't get geg6 03-10-04 35
 RE: "Idols" you just don't get uberspoon 03-10-04 36
   RE: "Idols" you just don't get love2smile 03-11-04 38
       RE: "Idols" you just don't get uberspoon 03-11-04 41
   RE: "Idols" you just don't get minkey 03-12-04 43
 RE: "Idols" you just don't get managerr 03-11-04 39
 RE: "Idols" you just don't get bobstew617 03-11-04 42
   RE: "Idols" you just don't get Karennz 03-12-04 44

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-05-04, 04:19 PM (EST)
1. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
Fantasia.

I know she can sing, but I don't like her singing. Simon cays she's original, but no, she's every bit the Macy Gray knockoff that people say she is. I don't mean she's trying to be like Macy Gray. She just is, and I hate the gravelly voiced thing.

The dances she does rub me the wrong way also. Blechh. She *appears* to think very highly of herself, and I don't respond to that well at all.

This is an instance, though, when I completely respect other people's opinions. After all, I like John, even though other people only see him as a Frank S. knockoff.

03-05-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
2. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-04 AT 04:26 PM (EST)

yeah, i agree with you mostly. i think she IS one of the best and deserves to be in the finals, but too much of her and i'm going to get mighty annoyed (as much for the attitude as the voice)

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-04, 06:51 PM (EST)
9. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
I am with you on Fantasia. I don't like the voice at all. Maybe it is because I don't like Macy Gray. Oh well.

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-04, 12:18 PM (EST)
16. "Fantasia-agree"
I don't think she's TRYING to be like Macy Gray, but sure sounds like her. And one song by Macy was fine, but I got sick of her in about a month, too. I'm NOT looking forward to another Fantasia performance.

EMT135 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-09-04, 04:59 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Fantasia-agree"
ME TOO.
I've never liked Macy Gray--to me she sounds like some sickening mixture between a prepubescent little girl and and a transvestite trucker. Like fingers on a chalkboard. I dislike Fantasia so much I don't listen to her perform.
EMT

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-05-04, 04:28 PM (EST)
3. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
In Season 1: Justin Guarini
Season 2: Ruben Studard and Josh Gracin

This Season:

Lisa Leuschner - To me, she was in a bad group which made her look better than she actually was. I think she'll be exposed in the Wildcard week where she is actually around singers of the same level.

Jennifer Hudson -- I did *not* see her audition so that could play a factor. But she sang a boring song, in a boring voice and then cried like a baby.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-08-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
12. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
Oh man, I hear ya on the Jennifer Hudson thing.
I thought she was terrible.

BennyBoy 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-06-04, 00:20 AM (EST)
4. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
Definately Matthew from group 2! Just because he said he's gonna make Simons head bleed, doesn't qualify him for the finals, I think he has a group of immigrants dialing the phone for him because I am still baffled as to why he got in.

Season 2-Ruben, "I am sorry for 2004" yeah don't get his popularity at all

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-06-04, 09:21 AM (EST)
5. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-04 AT 09:22 AM (EST)

I am going to get alot of flak for this, but I still dont get Kelly Clarkson. I dont think she is that terrific. As far as this season, No one has impressed me. Season 2 I did not watch that much because all the Ruben area code nonsense was too much. They made it way too obvious he was the winner. I am bored with this show. Anyone else?

HawaiiRaine 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-06-04, 06:27 PM (EST)
7. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
Well, you won't get any flak from me...I agree. I don't "get" her at all either. Sometimes, I think she was yelling when she was singing during the first season. And I hate that song "Miss Independent." I don't think she's a great performer....

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-06-04, 03:26 PM (EST)
6. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
I have been pretty underwhelmed by most of the performaces we've seen to date so I'll just offer that I don't get any of them and leave it at that.

Is it just me or does this thing seem more wide open that it has in the past? In the first two Idols, it was pretty clear who the favorites were heading into the Finals. I know Kelly came on strong and late but there were an obvious handful of performers who were destined to be eliminated early. I cannot get a handle on this batch at all.

Fantasia evokes strong opinions. Most either love here or find her vocal style annoying. Some of the more popular contestants have very mediocre voices judging by their performances to date. And how will the disparity between the number of men and women in the finals effect the voting?

What I really don't get is that after the success and popularity of some of the World Idol contestants like Kurt and Peter, why do all these contestants fit the stereotypical mainstream pop genre? The fans have shown a hunger to vote for other musical styles yet we get a group that's, well, boring, IMO.

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-06-04, 06:34 PM (EST)
8. "Yeah, I agree..."
Everybody's tryin' to fit in the pop and ballad genre. I do hope I'll hear new ones other than the usual Whitney's, Celine's, and others in AI. I felt refreshed after hearing Kurt's voice with his "Beautiful Day" rendition from World Idol. Right now, I am only amused with annoying "Macy Gray"-ish voice of Fantasia, but I do hope it doesn't get to her head way too early (like what I have seen with her family...) The others have to prove their worth more, especially Matthew (nevermind...), Amy (she's way too stuck with Celine), Jasmine (way too hyped and a bit fake) and John S (OK, I had to admit that I was disappointed with his audition--the composition, group, and solo--that I really thought he wouldn't even made the cut.)

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-07-04, 10:20 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Yeah, I agree..."
Nicki and Justin from the first series drove me crazy. I couldn't believe each had such a fan base. They just kept coming back and back and back.... Still freaks me out!!!!

I have to disagree about Fantasia. I like her very distinctive voice (yes, somewhat Macy Grayish). But what I really love is her energy and that I doubt she's had much formal training, if any. She seems raw and real, not poised and polished. Hope to hear her sing some old blues.

03-08-04, 10:49 AM (EST)
11. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
They did a lot better with the editing this time out. They didn't overexpose anyone and showed a lot more of the "good" auditions. (I guess they had more episodes to do it) I think they edited the 2nd one poorly, that's why everyone knew it was Ruben's to lose. (After Frenchie got kicked off) Even the first one, it was expected to be Justin vs. Tamyra.

In this case, it's hard to tell. The judges seem to have been pimping Fantasia and Camille, and LaToya of course came out of nowhere. (Yet, I think if they exposed LaToya early on, the LaToya train would be unstoppable at this point.)

Last season, the winner of the 4 preliminary rounds were Charles, Ruben, Corey, and Vanessa. 3 out of the 4 ended up not doing so well. We'll have to see how the four winners do in this season.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-04, 07:37 PM (EST)
13. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
I think Fantasia is just horrible. Violently horrible.

I like John as an underdog-he's-young-let's root-for-him guy, but I can't imagine him singing in any other style or doing anything outside of the Deano box well.

Camille has NO stage presence whatsoever.

--It's LaToya's to lose, IMO.

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-04, 10:36 AM (EST)
14. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
I think the majority of the contestants from this season are violently horrible. I dont any of these people as Idols. Fantasia is awful, I agree.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-04, 10:38 AM (EST)
15. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
Leah - She sings off-key, and her movements are so exaggerated that they look ridiculous. I don't understand why the judges fawn over her.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

03-09-04, 12:20 PM (EST)
17. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
I meant more the contestants that were popular with the public, which Leah obviously wasn't, to not make top 3 (LMAO). But I agree with you there Bebo. Unfortunately one of the judges is guaranteed to pick her and leave out a deserving candidate, blech

I already know she and Mumblin Matt will take 2 of the 4 spots that other people deserve.

Rob says that as good as the rice is, it’s terrible. Rob, you call yourself a Red Sox fan? Yogi Berra played for the Enemy.
Bebo, S8 Ep 6 Summary - RMMNW!!!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
19. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
I see what you mean, HE. So far, I'm not really shocked by any of the audience picks. There are a few weeks my final 3 would have been different, but I understand why people made the choices they've made. And since I don't think the voters have made any grievous errors - leaving out a potential winner IMO and giving the spot to a hack instead - I'm not really concerned at this point.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-04, 07:47 PM (EST)
24. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
This isn't on topic of this thresd but I don't think HE will mind if I sidetrack it for one post!

Bebo, I agree with you about the public votes so far. Actually, except for the first week, picking a final three was very easy. Week 2 was difficult to actually pick 3! However, I think voting has gone well.

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

03-09-04, 08:11 PM (EST)
25. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-04 AT 08:12 PM (EST)

I completely disagree. America is a bunch of idiots based on the votes so far Amy and Latoya are the ONLY ones I've agreed with.

and now i'm pretty much sure I'm not gonna waste another hour of my life on this dumbass show since they're not letting Lisa sing in the wildcard but ARE letting Mumblin' Matt, even AFTER they said he sucked and that Lisa had one of the best voices. Idiot judges.

- RMMNW!!!

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-04, 02:50 PM (EST)
18. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
People I thought were over-rated:

Season 1) Tamyra - She was good, but I didn't understand why people thought she was great. Nikki - Huh?? Christina - The vibrato and high pitch made her sound like a cartoon.

Season 2) I don't remember anyone I thought was over-rated. (Of course I didn't like Carmen, but I don't think anyone else did either.)

Season 3) Just about everyone! Especially: Fantasia - She was O.K., but I didn't really enjoy her performance. Camille - She seems like she is stoned when she is on stage.

I am hoping that LaToya is as good as people think she is, because I think her last performance might be as good as it gets and it's all down hill from here. I also hope Jennifer is as good as people think she is, because I generally like deep voices but did not enjoy her performance at all.

03-09-04, 03:48 PM (EST)
20. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
Oh man... I can see I'm in the minority here with my opinion of Fantasia. I have only seen her sing once and have no previous knowledge of her (just started watching after they picked final 32). Am I missing something, possibly tone-deaf... I thought she was great.

Mink

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-04, 11:39 PM (EST)
27. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
Don't worry about it Mink. I'm right there in that minority with you. Us Fantansia fans gotta stick together. Try to think of us as an exclusive, discriminating group.

As a Ruben fan who found Clay just down right annoying, I'm kinda used to being in the minority around here anyway.

03-10-04, 09:25 AM (EST)
32. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
Glad I'm not alone!!!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-04, 11:57 AM (EST)
40. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
I liked Fantasia, too.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

LilNik8 195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-10-04, 02:43 AM (EST)
29. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
>People I thought were over-rated:
>
>Season 1) Tamyra - She was
>good, but I didn't understand
>why people thought she was
>great.

Are you serious? She was by far the best one out there on the first show with Kelly as a close second. In fact I thought it would be Kelly, Justin, and Tamyra in the final 3 will Kelly and Tamyra in the final 2 and Tamyra winning. That girl can blow and there's no reason why Nikki should have made it to the final 3 over her. She truly got the shaft.

~PhoenixMons is God Thank you so much!~

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-04, 02:52 AM (EST)
30. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-04 AT 03:02 AM (EST)

Oh, well, what was I thinking?? Expressing that I think Tamyra is good?? I must have been out of my mind!!

I guess I thought this was the place to post about '"Idols" you just don't get', but I must have been wrong again!

03-11-04, 01:42 AM (EST)
37. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-04 AT 01:53 AM (EST)

**Edited to take out Chrissy's Sig before I hear something about accidentally copying it**

>Oh, well, what was I thinking??
> Expressing that I think
>Tamyra is good?? I
>must have been out of
>my mind!!
>
>I guess I thought this was
>the place to post about
>'"Idols" you just don't get',
>but I must have been
>wrong again!

Oh my what was I thinking? I must have been out of my mind to not agree with you and state my opinion. It's not that deep sweetie, chill out.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-09-04, 06:04 PM (EST)
22. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
Hm, I just can't figure out what all the fuss is over Camille. During the show, I take notes, jot down impressions, that sorta thing... yes, precisely because I am a nerdface.

Anyway, here is what I wrote about her that night:

wow, she sounds nervous... needs to enunciate for crying out loud... huh?? i cannot understand her... cute outfit, pretty quality to her voice, nicely unique, but way way way way out of her league...

Then later:

No clue why the judges kissed her (expletive). her gangsta-thug personality is tacky and embarrassing. grow up.

She came in first?! I was floored.

Anyway, that's the only one who has made it in that I just DO NOT get, but Matthew is up there, too, somewhat. I mean, I know what the appeal is (he's eyecandy for the little girls) but he is not so great and I really will be surprised if his looks alone are enough to get him through. Unless he blows our socks off with a killer performance, I bet we can safely assume he is just a 'placeholder' tonight and will go no further... farther... whatever.

Femme

"Shock me, shock me, shock me with your deviant behavior."

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-09-04, 06:29 PM (EST)
23. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-04 AT 03:14 PM (EST)

Edited as a result of reading zeffy's post below

I'll be honest. Here's the "idol" I just don't get. Will Young (UK) Pop Idol. How can the country that gave us the Beatles vote this guy as their Pop Idol? Was anyone, besides his friends, perhaps, watching the show???

I concur with Chrissygal on Season 1. I never understood the Tamyra bandwagon. She was consistently inconsistent, IMHO. Justin Guarini, also. Bleech.

Season #2...Carmen and Josh stayed in there an awfully long time, so *somebody* had to like them. I'm just not sure who?

Season #3.

I agree with those of you who don't care for Camile Velasco. I realize that she wasn't in a group of stellar singers, but still...she was dreadful.

I don't get what the hype is about Jasmine Trias either. Somebody must like her, because she got voted in...but I haven't personally met any of her fans.

A Kyngsladye Original

ManilaESQ 48 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-04, 09:29 PM (EST)
26. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
ROMAN BROTHERS!!!!!! WHY WERE THERE IN THE FINAL 32???????

zeffy 25 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-04, 01:12 AM (EST)
28. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
>I'll be honest. Here's the
>"idol" I just don't get.
> Will Young (UK) Pop
>Idol. How can the
>country that gave us the
>Beatles vote this guy as
>their Pop Idol? Was
>anyone, besides his girlfriend, perhaps,
>watching the show???

Dude, Will Young is a homosexual. Much of Pop Idol was "rigged" in favour for Gareth Gates to win anyways. Off topic, but jsut pointing something out.

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-10-04, 03:17 PM (EST)
33. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
Hey zeffy, welcome to the boards.

Thanks for the correction. Obviously, I've paid little attention to Will...the less I hear of him the better. YMMV.

Oh, and psst...I'm not a "dude." Thanks.

03-10-04, 02:58 AM (EST)
31. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
>Which contestants are popular and you
>just don't understand why?

MMkay here we go.
**First off to all you Ruben and Tamyra haters, yall stink because they are great. Nothing against Clay or Kelly Clarkson because they are good too, but IMO, nothing sounds better than a truly soulful voice. Ruben's CD is wonderful and I was not impressed with Clay's.**

Matthew Metzger:
**HE IS THE WORST! Im sorry, let's please vote on talent and not on looks...even though I don't see why anyone finds him attractive. He's just plain bad. Nothing about him screams good and Im failing to see what the judges see in him or what the people that vote for him see. He's bad.

Matt Rogers (is that his name? the big football dude):
**He was good in the audition and if he can recreate that, than I take it all back. But clearly his singing was atrocious when the actual voting occured. I thought that there was no way possible that he would get into the final 3...and get in to the finals.

Fantasia:
**I ABHOR her voice. She can sing but her voice makes me want to pull all of my hair out. I also think she comes off as kinda classless. I don't think she would be a good AI as far as PI comes along. But Im sure she'll make it far b/c she's "unique."

John S.:
**1-2-3 BOOOORRRING! His voice puts me to sleep. I forget that the poor boy is only 16 cuz he's just that boring. If he sounds like Frank Sinatra (not really up my alley as far as something I would listen to) than Sinatra was boring as well. He only got in because he's unique.

Leah:
**I know only the judges like her but that may get her a place this week. I think she's horrible. She tries to put her own touch on songs and it just comes out all wrong. She's off key a lot and someone needs to tell her to NEVER wear teal pumps for the rest of her life.

Im kind of disappointed with this show. I thought last years show was the best with the exception of Carmen and Josh. I wish that Marque and Lisa would have had the chance to sing because I liked them. I could have done without another round of Leah and Matthew.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-04, 03:43 PM (EST)
34. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
1. Fantasia-or however you spell her name. I just don't get it. I don't think she has the "wow" factor that a lot people think she has.
2.Leah-I missed her first performance, but I still don't get why the judges are so in lvoe with her.
3.Football Matt-I can't believe he was voted in. I think he was voted in because he stood up to Simon. I think that the other Matt can sing better then him.
From last season:
Kimberly Locke-Just not a fan. Thought she was good, but was never on the Kim Bandwagon.

A Kyngsladye Original. RMMW!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-04, 04:24 PM (EST)
35. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-04 AT 04:26 PM (EST)

Well, my all-time picks for "Idols Who I Have No Idea Why Anyone Would Vote For Them or Buy Their CDs" are:

Kelly Clarkson - a screamer who was shown to be the poser she is when she got spanked in World Idol.

Ruben Studdard - Who?

But as far as AI3 is concerned:

Fantasia - if I have to listen to her sing again I'm going to poke out my eardrums.

Jennifer - another screamer who will probably go on to win. The audience for this show seems to love having their eardrums shredded.

Leah - go back to Eastern Europe. You can be a BIG star there just like mom.

Diana - not.good.at.all. I'm with you all over that one, He. Not a fan.

Almost anyone from Group 2 - they all stunk except Lisa, who didn't even get to sing last night. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-04, 11:26 PM (EST)
36. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-04 AT 11:34 PM (EST)

Matthew Rodgers:
i think he'll probably be one of those contestants who remain consistantly wretched, and yet manage to make top 5. i just sort of get that vibe from him.

Diana Degarmo:
i know she's young, and i couldn't put my finger on what it is about her...but i just find her really irritating. i doubt she'll stick around all that long though.

Jon Peter Lewis:
bah. he has performed twice...and twice i have thought he was horrible. however, the people who do like him..LOVE him. he seems to have an adamant Gracin-style fan base

As for past seasons:
i cannot believe that no one (so far) has said nikki mckibbin(!), every week that she advanced, my mouth would drop open.
i was also no fan of Carmen Rasmusen or Rickey Smith.
but the one and only Josh Gracin gets my vote for worst finalist ever, i doubt that for me, he'll be losing that title this season. by the final weeks, i changed the channel during his performance.
(edited to add past seasons' picks)

love2smile 194 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-04, 04:26 AM (EST)
38. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
*Raises Hand*

I'm guilty of LOOOOVING Jon Peter! He is just too adorable...

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-04, 06:07 PM (EST)
41. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
lol.
you know, he IS cute. i'll give him that much.

03-12-04, 04:57 PM (EST)
43. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
I said Nikki (though I spelled it Nicki... but N I K K I is oh so much cuter!!!!). She is my number one all time "don't get". She was past horrible and just kept coming back. I figured some secret society like the "Grand Order of Beer, Jerky and Girlie Mags" kept her around.

03-11-04, 10:55 AM (EST)
39. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
I think that it will be near unanimous that we can all add "Leah Labelle" to the list. In fact I am not sure anyone gets her except for Paula.

bobstew617 723 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-04, 08:00 PM (EST)
42. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
Overall, this group just doesn't seem too strong. I specifically don't care for:

JOHN STEVENS--hasn't shown he can sing anything but Sinatra.
JOHN PETER LEWIS--hasn't impressed me, either uptempo or ballad
MATTHEW ROGERS--didn't care for him either.

See a pattern..?

Karennz 112 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 07:09 PM (EST)
44. "RE: "Idols" you just don't get"
I am still stunned that Jon Peter Lewis was voted in over Suzy. This is supposed to be a singing competition, not a "flapping on the stage like a hooked fish" competition.

The girl has chops but she was dumped in favor of some goofball who went for broke with, apparently, everything he had. And that "everything" certainly didn't showcase his singing talent.

Oh that's right: we're supposed to overlook his lack of talent because he compensated by DANCING and SHAKING onstage. Well somehow that just doesn't make me feel any better about Suzy's loss.

My prediction: this guy will be gone in one of the earliest rounds.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •