The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wildcard "twist""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-10-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wildcard "twist""
I read somewhere speculation that there'll be a twist tonight, and three of the four that didn't get to perform last night (Lisa, Taira, and Eric) didn't sing because they are the judges choices and didn't need to be in the voting mix.

So America will pick the ONE of those eight that moves on, with the other three already selected.

OT Studmuffin of the Year '03, Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, and SB Video Historian o-
Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wildcard "twist" CantStandToLook 03-10-04 1
   RE: Wildcard "twist" nailbone 03-10-04 3
 RE: Wildcard "twist" Breezy 03-10-04 2
   RE: Wildcard "twist" nailbone 03-10-04 4
   RE: Wildcard "twist" Spidey 03-10-04 6
 RE: Wildcard "twist" smiley 03-10-04 5
 RE: Wildcard "twist" Mistral 03-10-04 7
   RE: Wildcard "twist" minkey 03-10-04 8
 RE: Wildcard "twist" GuessItRains 03-10-04 9
 RE: Wildcard "twist" true 03-10-04 10
 RE: Wildcard "twist" dangerkitty 03-10-04 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-04, 04:50 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Wildcard "twist""
Now that would be interesting cause Lisa got the short end of the stick IMHO. She was the best singer the night that she competed and it just blows me away that she didn't make the cut.

"Winter toast by JSlice"

03-10-04, 04:59 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Wildcard "twist""
And Randy commented that she potentially had the best voice, but that she "wasn't performing tonight". Performing later instead, perhaps?

OT Studmuffin of the Year '03, Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, and SB Video Historian o-

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-04, 04:58 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Wildcard "twist""
I like that twist! That would mean that Lisa gets to go on! That would be nice.

Question? Why is it an hour long tonight?

03-10-04, 05:01 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Wildcard "twist""
Cuz they need to fill the time alotted for 24, and have "Cracking Up" for the last 30 minutes.

And Ruben is going to be there and sing his new song.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-04, 05:10 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Wildcard "twist""
Well, if each of the 4 chosen get to sing, there won't be enough time left in the 1/2 to make everyone squirm and cut to 14,000 commercials.

like, duh!

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-10-04, 05:06 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Wildcard "twist""
That sure would be nice but I have a feeling that doesn't happen.

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-10-04, 05:20 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Wildcard "twist""
Well....I don't know if three of them could actually be judges' choices (c'mon, Tiara? Eric?) but Lisa I could buy. I just think Randy and Paula are too attached to their choices (Bleah, George, Matt) to pick anyone else.

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-10-04, 05:32 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Wildcard "twist""
I think you're right. It makes total sense. Why would they leave Lisa behind for the likes of Katie! I'm hoping for Jennifer or Jon Peter to fill the last spot.

Also, we saw Simon say how disappointed he was by Leah... and another clip talking about how impressive Lisa was, so having us vote for ONE of the rejects would explain things.

I hope you're right!

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-10-04, 06:35 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Wildcard "twist""
I could see somebody picking Lisa out of the crowd, but I highly doubt any of the others will get picked. Think how poor Marque would feel under your scenario...knowing he was the only one of the 12 deemed so horrible not to even have a chance!

I also have to say I wasn't wowed by Lisa like some people on this board were. She competed on a bad week and was good but not much more. If the judges thought she wasn't performing in rehearsals as well as the other 8, I figure that is their right. I really can't see any of the wildcards making it to the final 2 or 3, Lisa or no.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-04, 06:42 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Wildcard "twist""
Where'd you read that, Boner? I predicted that same thing here, this morning.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-10-04, 06:49 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Wildcard "twist""
Hmmm...this is very interesting. They DID say there would be a twist. And I don't think the twist is that they dumped four contestants right up front, because I remember somebody posting that Paula had said they would be cutting 4 people during rehearsals, and only 8 would be on the show. (sorry, don't remember who/where posted that.) So, it was "known" that four people would be cut.

BUT - they didn't actually cut them before the show, they had the big hoopdedo of bringing them onstage and having them told. And as some have astutely pointed out, they told them "you won't be singing tonight." I DO recall that they told Marque - "we decided you were more of a stage singer." That, I remember, sounded more like a flat rejection. The others - I don't remember in detail.

So, could be as you say, for sure. AND poor Marque, if he's the only one truly "cut" before the show, but oh well. No one said American Idol was fair.

Another side note, FWIW: Paula was frantic to counteract Simon's dissing of Leah, saying "I'm trying to save this girl's future", then Randy reminded her that "you can bring her along" or whatever. And Paula says "that's right, that's right." SO - does that discount the "twist" theory by confirming that they will pick from the group of 8, or was that the judges trying to CYA for looking so desperate when they didn't need to?

dangerkitty

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •