The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Interesting article on CI as reported by CBC"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-26-03, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Interesting article on CI as reported by CBC"
Here it is:

http://www.cbc.ca/artsCanada/stories/CanadianIdol250803

Three is the perfect number.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Interesting article on CI as re... strid333 08-26-03 1
   RE: Interesting article on CI as re... Lumster 08-26-03 2
 RE: Interesting article on CI as re... spinningwords 08-27-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-26-03, 07:44 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Interesting article on CI as reported by CBC"
My take is that quite a bit of the article is right. I admit that I watched Popstars with Sugar Jones but I never purchased a CD (I didn't like their songs). Now do we remember them? I think not. Nor did they ever get popular in the US (a market that unfortunately needs to be broken into to have good staying power).

I think it would be beyond awesome if they actually had a show where they had to write a song and perform it (just give them ample time and help to do it). I admit, I think I will purchase the winner's CI CD (unless it is Jenny or Gary) but I am not interested in the compilation CD with one song from each of the top 11.

Three is the perfect number.

Lumster 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-26-03, 11:04 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Interesting article on CI as reported by CBC"
After Sugar Jones, wasn't there a "Boy Meets Girl" band, put together in much the same way? And a solo one too? Who's heard of either of those acts? No one cares. I think people watched the original because it was new and exciting. After that, it's like who cares? Especially if they suck.

spinningwords 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-27-03, 02:40 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Interesting article on CI as reported by CBC"
I don't believe that one necessarily has to be a writer to make it in the music business. Look at how many singers today don't write their own music or wait till they've been established in the music business before they start producing their own music.
I could care less if Clay writes his own songs; I just want to hear him sing good ones!

I agree with Strid in that I would be interested in buying an album of the winner (provided it's someone I like) but not likely a compilation. I'd make an exception if it's a compilation of a couple of singers I really enjoy. The top 10 just doesn't cut it for me. I don't want to hear Tower of Song again - I didn't like it the first time out and I know I'll never like it.

At any rate, who is to say these artists don't have their own music written at home. As noted in the article, this isn't the point of this contest. Billy already has his own band and if he wins CI, we may be in for a huge surprise.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •