The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Playing Devils Advocate....."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

spinningwords 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-16-03, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Playing Devils Advocate....."
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-03 AT 06:23 PM (EST)

Taking a final look at the lineup with group members I can't help but wonder if some of the members were ushered in by the producers rather than the public and it makes me wonder why....

Odds seemed to favor AJ throughout the show as a teen girl's favorite and yet he failed to make it into the final five. AJ and the others were absolutely shocked that he never made it in. I'm not saying that he was the most talented or that he deserved to make it in. I'm merely wondering why he didn't make it given that thousands of adoring teens were likely voting for him... but yet controversial Chauncey got in based on his cuteness. Who was voting - the producers or the public?

Why did it take so long for Lucy to get into the group? If she were going to get in at all wouldn't it have made more sense for her to get in either at the beginning or immediately after the 2 Thompson sisters? Her performances were consistently good and her voice never faltered. She seemed to many like a great choice for the group. But all of a sudden, Chauncey got in..... did America feel a boy should get in? I'm not so sure. And if so did they think Chauncey was THE boy? Again considering who the voting base likely was..... I'm not so sure. If anyone, I would have put my money on AJ simply because the young girls loved him.

And, what about Jordan who competed well week after week. She took to heart the judges comments, obviously improved, had many fans and yet never ever made the cut. It was also rumored that Tori really wanted Jordan in the group. In fact, it seemed that the judges went out of their way to cut her down during the actual competition. Is this why? Is it possible Jordan had more votes than were advertised?

And then of course there are those of us who have noticed more than once that Tori looked unhappy. Art made a post to such effect and was promptly flamed. But what if it's actually true?
What if more than one member of this group is actually unhappy for whatever reason? It's not for me or any member of the public to say whether or not they are unhappy but there is that nagging question.

On that note, I leave a final thought, what if things are NOT as they appear to be.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Playing Devils Advocate..... Artcurus 08-16-03 1
 RE: Playing Devils Advocate..... managerr 08-18-03 2
   RE: Playing Devils Advocate..... spinningwords 08-18-03 3
       RE: Playing Devils Advocate..... Artcurus 08-20-03 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Artcurus 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-16-03, 07:08 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Playing Devils Advocate....."
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-03 AT 07:11 PM (EST)

Hi All,

Amen Spinning. I truly believe my signature says it all. They were so many things that didnt make sense over the last 2 months, and now, life is really going to be miserable for 2 members.
You were dead on with Jordan, in fact RYAN even mentioned that Tori wanted Jordan in the group. Most of Tori's fans DID vote for her, but I guess it just wasnt enough. However, if the Thompson sister's fan base is as strong as I think it is, then something is not right. One the hardest things EVER was watching Jordan break down last Tues.
On the other side of the coin, if you follow other boards closely, Chauncey had the lowest fan base of all in the top 10. What's wrong with this picture?
Same story with Danielle, she had been consistent through the series, and was trying hard and had a huge fan base, why was she not in the group earlier?
I also agree with Spinning about AJ, huge fan base, but what happened?
In closing, I hope a rumour that's starting to circulate is not true, but if it is, my heart goes out to three certain members and their families. They are in for a long rough road.

Art

The Hat-$20
The Shirt-$25
The Pants- $50
Expression when AJ was sent back to the couch -PRICELESS
< >

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-18-03, 12:24 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Playing Devils Advocate....."
Have you guys watched the grown up AI series? Of course the Producers (and judges) played Favorites. They always do. I don't think that they orchestrated everything, because if they were hand picking band members, they didn't do a very good job.
No one putting together a music group would put together a group that looked this awkward together.

What they do is try and manipulate the audience into calling and voting for who they want. Sometimes it worked, other times it didn't. In the end, the viewing audience voted for the best singers, which is why AJ and Jordan didn't make the cut. Jordan (in my opinion) was the weakest singer, even though she had tons of personality.

spinningwords 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-18-03, 02:31 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Playing Devils Advocate....."
LAST EDITED ON 08-18-03 AT 02:32 PM (EST)

Totally agree with you on the last two placements.... I'm looking more at the third placement. I am fairly certain that the audience voted Lucy and Dani in based on their performances but something doesn't seem right. Remember what was said on the night that Chauncey got in? Debbie said something to the effect that the audience would be a FOOL not to vote Lucy into the group. I actually still have the tape (the only tape I actually HAVE besides the final) Who got in? Chauncy... Whose performance was better that night? Certainly not Chaunceys! All he did was throw some dust! Sorry but I just can't believe that all those kids voted for him. Maybe some adults gave him some votes but even their I would think the adult population would be more inclined to vote for the stronger voice of Lucy with Tori's fan base throwing their votes behind Jordan.

I don't know why producers would want to ensure someone is placed in. There could be any number of reasons I guess. But isn't that why they have wildcard competitions?

Artcurus 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-20-03, 11:12 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Playing Devils Advocate....."
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-03 AT 11:14 AM (EST)

The way that the group turned out, DOES NOT WORK OUT MATHEMATICALLY when you consider the fan base.

Several posters have commented on this and this entire, again ENTIRE information, is available by watching what happens with Ms Independent's "SHOW YOUR LOVE" thread and going through her updates over the last 36 hours..The control for this is that each of the last 10 finalist, had 5 spots. The posters had to compete for one of the top spots, with high turnover.

As of 9 pm last night (aug 15), here's the breakdown of the highest numbers.

Danielle is ahead by at least 25% closer to 30% of the entire fan base. This is excluding the crossovers, such as those who have like both AJ and Danielle. However I am watching that new Danielle thread to see what happens. (no change)

The Thompsons are the next highest. This time including crossovers, (many are both Taylor and Tori). Tori is running roughly 1.5 votes ahead for every vote that Taylor gets. The .5 icludes crossovers with Taylor. Total of the fan base is roughly 35%. Now understand that before Dani's NADCT, The Thompsons had a full 50%.<====VERY IMPORTANT when it comes to Jordan

AJ is Third Highest, excluding crossovers. roughly 20% of the total fan base.

Morgan, believe or not, has 3% of the fan base.

Katelyn, Chantel, Jordan, Lucy share 10% without crossovers. However, Lucy's fans are very devoted.

T and T, with a full 50% of the base at that time, whose fans were aware that they wanted Jordan and even Ryan mentioned it, they would have switched their voting.
Mathemetcally, if these are numbers are anywhere near correct,(the owner of the thread verified my numbers) the order should have been Jordan, then AJ By the next time, Dani had did NADCT, and she had benefit of the "X" factor, or the new viewers that tuned in that night.

Guess who is that bottom with less than 1% of the fan base. Chauncey.

It doesnt work out mathetmatically

For those who say "Well what about those who dont visit this board. The fans here a balanced cross section. So what the fans say here, it pretty much statistically what happened off the board.

The Hat-$20
The Shirt-$25
The Pants- $50
Expression when AJ was sent back to the couch -PRICELESS
< >

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •