The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Adam and Kris on Billboard 200"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-28-09, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Adam and Kris on Billboard 200"
I thought this was interesting. I didn't know AI did this. Have they done it before?

Season 8 favorite performances.
Adam entered at #33. Kris entered at #50.

Billboard

It's a Tribe!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Adam and Kris on Billboard 200 zazzy 05-28-09 1
   RE: Adam and Kris on Billboard 200 Tahj 05-28-09 2
       RE: Adam and Kris on Billboard 200 zazzy 05-28-09 3
 RE: Adam and Kris on Billboard 200 Agman2 03-06-15 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-09, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Adam and Kris on Billboard 200"
That's not the whole story. That's just the compilation of Season 8 performances sold as an album. Kris also has a "super pass" that isn't included in that number. It includes the Season 8 performances but also the next single and vids from the tour, etc.

There's a whole article about how Kris is outselling Adam on Billboard --looking at the singles.

http://tinyurl.com/billboard-article

Here's the first part of the article:

"Week Ending May 24, 2009: The Kris/Adam Duel Moves To The Charts
Posted Wed May 27, 2009 11:46am PDT by Paul Grein in Chart Watch

American Idol Season 8 winner Kris Allen sold more downloads this past week than runner-up Adam Lambert did, but far fewer than David Cook did in the week after he was announced as the Season 7 winner. Allen's 11 entries on the Hot Digital Songs chart sold a combined total of 479,000 downloads. Lambert's 15 entries on that chart sold a combined total of 390,000. But both tallies are dwarfed by Cook, whose 17 chart entries sold a combined 943,000 downloads in his post-victory week last year. (One reason for the discrepancy: There are other purchasing options this year, including the iTunes Pass and digital albums.)

The order of finish was reversed on The Billboard 200 album chart, where Lambert's Season 8 Favorite Performances debuts at #33, while Allen's edition of the digital-only title arrives at #50. As every Idol watcher knows, the contestants' weekly performances are immediately available for download on iTunes. But the show shields download information until a winner is announced, to avoid revealing the building popularity of the key contestants. As of this week's charts, the Idol contestants' hits and misses are out in the open, the same as any other artist. So let's dig in...

Allen's top downloads are his widely-panned coronation song, "No Boundaries," which ranks #4 on Hot Digital Songs; his masterful interpretation of Kanye West's "Heartless," which ranks #5; and his cover of Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine," which ranks #17. Lambert's top songs are his hypnotic version of Tears for Fears' "Mad World," which ranks #7; his reading of Sam Cooke's "A Change Is Gonna Come," which ranks #32; and his take on "No Boundaries," which ranks #43. Though Allen didn't do as well as Season 7 winner David Cook, Lambert did better than Season 7 runner-up David Archuleta. As noted, Lambert's 15 charted songs sold a combined 390,000 downloads. Archie's 12 charted songs sold a combined 301,000. "No Boundaries" was no match for Cook's coronation song, "The Time Of My Life." Cook's song sold 236,000 downloads one year ago. Allen's rendition of "No Boundaries" sold 134,000. Lambert's take on the song sold 36,000."

The article goes on to mention that Danny and Allison are also on the chart and where they rank. It also gives the info on the chart topper, Enimen. I had no idea he had sold so many albums cumulatively.

Another interesting quote from the article:

"All told, {eta: previous and current} Idol contestants hold down 40 of this week's top 200 spots. That's an impressive sign of how potent this show has been in setting the commercial agenda for pop music in the past decade."

I hope Kris and Adam both have lots of success.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-09, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Adam and Kris on Billboard 200"
Thanks Zazzy.

That is interesting. Didn't someone post number of downloads during the season somewhere? Glow? Snidget? I seem to remember that Adam always had more. With Kris winning I can see how that would change. I though it curious that Adam was ahead of Kris on the chart.

It's a Tribe!

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-09, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Adam and Kris on Billboard 200"
I posted it. It was a snapshot of what was happening after the top 9, but then the window into the sales data closed again when itunes fixed whatever bug it was that showed us the data temporarily.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/2763.shtml

So, yes, at that point Adam was selling more. No surprise, he had had a couple of terrific performances and had had a lot of airtime, too. Kris was the next biggest seller at that time...I think it's interesting that America was already picking both of them. Danny was lagging behind Kris at that point, despite the airtime and pimpage he'd received.

Agman2 767 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-06-15, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Adam and Kris on Billboard 200"
Hi Zazzy, Hi taj....long time no see

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •