The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Candice wins."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-17-13, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Candice wins."
And no one cares.

Possibly not a good sign for those download sales.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Candice wins. Belle Book 05-17-13 1
   RE: Candice wins. Estee 05-17-13 2
       RE: Candice wins. JessicaRN 05-17-13 3
 RE: Candice wins. cahaya 05-17-13 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-17-13, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Candice wins."
Actually, I cared!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-13, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Candice wins."
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-13 AT 02:23 PM (EST)

Good to hear, but you didn't seem to have a lot of company. I keep waiting for the ratings to come in on the final results show (where after threatening it for several years, the average age of the guest performers finally hit 'deceased'. Also, Mariah lipsynched her own music. Badly), and -- let me check VFTW again... no, not yet. But the final performance show didn't reach twelve million -- wasn't that much over eleven -- and I suspect the four-hour voting window was out there just in the hopes of pretending the resulting number had some people behind it. I'm honestly expecting the coronation to not hit 12m either.

Oh, and you want to talk about desperation? After Candice got her crown after two years of not reaching the voting rounds, the show has decided to revamp a certain policy. Ready for this?

Anyone who was voted out before reaching the tour can audition again.

Welcome to All No-Stars. The if-only-final frontier. You couldn't make it in this business? Well, now you get to not make it twice. The talent pool going for Idol has officially become so thin that they've got to hold their noses and scoop into the sewer drain. Maybe the voters were wrong the first time around! It's not as if the judges scriptwriters ever were -- oh, right: Candice. Well, those were different scripts.

Ain't this gonna be fun.

ETA: Numbers are in, and I was wrong: they broke 14m. But while that's up from the performance show, they still got beaten by Leonard & crew. Plus -- well, look at this, courtesy of Cats at VFTW.

"American Idol Finale Viewership & Ratings Since Season 1

Season 1 - 23.02 million

Season 2 - 38.06 million

Season 3 - 28.84 million

Season 4 - 30.27 million

Season 5 - 36.38 million

Season 6 - 30.75 million

Season 7 - 31.68 million

Season 8 - 28.83 million

Season 9 - 24.21 million

Season 10 - 29.28 million

Season 11 - 21.50 million

Season 12 - 14.30 million

In the last two years, Idol's finale has dropped 15 million viewers."

That's not hemorrhaging, that's a double-femoral puncture.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-17-13, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Candice wins."
I did watch (always with the necessity of FF). I didn't start "really" listening until all of those weak guys were gone.

Candace has a beautiful voice, but I can't really see her finding an audience. She seems shy and old fashioned. Perhaps Broadway.

Kree was also good for what she does, but she also seemed a bit stand-offish. The most compelling part about her, was her sad story. Once again, I thought she was better at the beginning, before TPTB worked on her.

Angie, Amber and Jenelle all seemed to have the potential to be marketed to a younger audience, so perhaps they will do something. I don't think any of the boys will be heard from again.

Mariah Carey was the judge that I found unbearable to sit through. I had no idea that she was "British Royalty" and I had no idea that she didn't seem to have much in the way of brains or original thought.

I liked that Nicki was blunt and would say what the rest of us thought. The dynamic just became uncomfortable from the early auditions and it never stopped being uncomfortable.

I hope Keith comes back though, for many reasons!

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-13, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Candice wins."
Wow, I venture in here after taking two seasons off from watching and blogging (on another site a year ago) about this show, and it's a wasteland. Not a single ECST in sight in a year.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •