The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Agenda starts to panic."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-05-13, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Agenda starts to panic."
Idol just announced that they're setting up a Powervote system. And what does this do? Two things. First, it allows someone to cast a block of fifty votes online with as little as a couple of mouse clicks.

Second, it allows them to pretend people still care about the show.

Our own lack of discussion on the current season is reflected in the ratings: not only is AI at its lowest point in many years, it just got beaten by Duck Dynasty.

I'm going to repeat that. American Idol, self-proclaimed greatest singing talent show ever, was just taken out in the ratings by a bunch of bearded businessman who think owning a razor turns you into an intellectual elitist.

What's happened? It's not just the age of the show and a typical slow fade. The central audience -- frau and teens -- are fed up. They don't like the systematic attempt to destroy all White Guys With Guitars before we ever reach the voting rounds. They despise the lack of cute males to have sexual fantasies over. They refuse to vote for girls and they refuse to watch if girls are being shoved down their throats. And then there's Nikki. The frau despise Nikki.

The ratings have been sinking, and with the voting rounds about to start, the powers that are not certain they'll be for much longer have soaked through three suits with flop sweat. But they still need Ryan to proudly boast 'One hundred million votes!' while never mentioning how many unique voters produced that total. And so, Powervote. Because if you tell yourself the ship isn't sinking, it'll distract you from the shark which just took a bite out of your leg.

Remember: when it reaches the point where anyone can cast fifty votes, then 50=1 -- or, for those with multiple accounts, 50<1.

They are running scared. They may have a lot to be afraid of.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Agenda starts to panic. mrc 03-05-13 1
   RE: The Agenda starts to panic. Estee 03-05-13 2
 RE: The Agenda starts to panic. KeithFan 03-06-13 3
 Let's face it... agman 03-06-13 4
   RE: Let's face it... KeithFan 03-06-13 5
 Not the biggest lie they've told to... Estee 03-07-13 6
 Ryan fibs a lot. Estee 03-07-13 7
 It's really sad moonbaby 03-07-13 8
   RE: It's really sad Estee 03-07-13 9
       RE: It's really sad KoalaChick 03-07-13 10
 Whatthehell? Estee 03-14-13 11
 Implausible denial. Estee 03-21-13 12
 Time to start lying about that too. Estee 03-29-13 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-13, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Agenda starts to panic."
They despise the lack of cute males to have sexual fantasies over.

Now, look--there's no need to throw MaroonClown under the bus like that.

A Slice of Manga

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-05-13, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Agenda starts to panic."
If the wheels fit, lie beneath them.

But seriously, there's like, one Sort Of Conventionally Attractive Caucasian Male, and the Worsters are going into giggle fits waiting for the frau to find out he's gay.

(Beep... beep... beep...)

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-13, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Agenda starts to panic."
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-13 AT 01:15 PM (EST)

To be fair, Duck Dynasty is a pretty awesome show.

I've tried to watch it, just can't with this group of judges. Nikki is the embodiment of everything that is wrong in music today, and Mariah is a vapid twit who seems to think that she is some sort of royalty and can't string a coherent thought together. Randy Jackson is Randy Jackson, and Keith Urban seems to really want to judge and be helpful but he gets his words in then it is nonstop nonsense.

I still have it on auto record. I don't know why. I watch a few minutes of it then always end up hitting the delete.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-13, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Let's face it..."
American idol

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-13, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Let's face it..."
Just waiting for one of the contestants to break out with "Nearer My God to Thee"

03-07-13, 09:31 AM (EST)
6. "Not the biggest lie they've told today."
The New York Post had the following advance summary for tonight's episode: "The Top Ten finalists are revealed after excellent performances by all."

Wanna guess which NEWS CORPoration owns the paper?

03-07-13, 09:10 PM (EST)
7. "Ryan fibs a lot."
Just spotted the opener for the results show. Among the untruths (only Ryan knows the results after we already saw Nigel tweet about them, the judges are in the dark, etc) was this gem: thirty-nine million votes, ten million more than last year, which shows how dynamic this group is.

You couldn't cast fifty votes with a single click last year.

Was that the sound of a smokestack breaking off?

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-13, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "It's really sad"
when they put through someone who was so off key like the guy I just saw. And he's a finalist? LAUGH. So this is what I've been missing.

Good luck, Idol.

03-07-13, 10:08 PM (EST)
9. "RE: It's really sad"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-13 AT 10:09 PM (EST)

someone who was so off key like the guy I just saw

Ye gawds, do you ever have to be more specific.

I've been following the play-by-play at VFTW and came across the line from Mapa3m: "In other news, 100% gay male half of the final 10. Congratulations, Idol! You've just made history!"

They're doing everything they can to rig a female win. It still won't be enough. If, y'know, they still do the whole 'counting' thing.

KoalaChick 506 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-07-13, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: It's really sad"
I swear, Angie Miller/Miley Cyrus...twins separated at birth.

03-14-13, 09:02 PM (EST)
11. "Whatthehell?"
Reveal the (supposed) vote ranking from #4-#10 plus a top three in no particular (supposed) order -- and said (supposed) top three are all female? Did the entire usual voting pool of this show stay home?

*looks towards ceiling*

Those are some pretty visible strings dangling there.

03-21-13, 10:07 PM (EST)
12. "Implausible denial."
After Wednesday featured people claiming that songs had been assigned to them or changed at the last minute, Jimmy appeared to assure the audience that not only do contestants choose their own tunes, but here's Lazaro singing his 'changed' song. Cue footage recorded earlier in the week.

Muted, soundless footage.

Yeah, that'll show us.

And in other 'don't give them anything to work with' news, so much for the vote rankings. Some of the question marks from last week may have gone mainstream.

03-29-13, 10:31 AM (EST)
13. "Time to start lying about that too."
If you were listening closely last night, you heard Ryan (after an evening where all results were shunted to the very end) call off twenty-six million votes. We are down by a third of what he announced at the first tally, and that's with the Powervote system in place. The show is bleeding ratings fractions and the ones who are staying out of it seem to be those who, in previous years, voted with something other than their feet. And pretty soon, the show's official theme song will be Yes, We Have No Bananas -- which will cost them a few more.

Taking on water.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •