The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Never thought it would happen..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-21-13, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Never thought it would happen..."
I have removed the season pass for AI on my Tivo. I've watched every season so far. I just could not get into this season at all. The ratings say I'm not alone. I'm more looking forward to AGT!

geekboy

"$#it fire and save matches, &^ck a duck and see what hatches" - S. Tyler

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 So what was your reason(s)? Estee 03-21-13 1
 RE: Never thought it would happen..... susang 03-23-13 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-13, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "So what was your reason(s)?"
Here's some of the ones I've seen scattered about the Internet.

1. Annoyance about the reverse rigging of the deck on the male side. Nigel finally went for a female win with the last trick he had left: casting no males who could sing. Put it this way: if William Hung had gotten into this season, he would have made the voting rounds, stood a good chance of being ranked as the top male, and coasted into sixth place. On talent.

2. Now that we have a vote ranking order, there have been immediate and serious suspicions about how real it is. The trust isn't there -- now that we have something we're supposed to trust.

3. There's also major doubts being cast on the tally, especially with SuperVote in play: fewer people with more ballots each. (One of my local radio stations said "Thirty-nine million voters" last week. I considered weeping.)

4. On the frau side, sexual fantasy sabotage. Exactly one WGWG and he's gay and lying about it. In fact, you could argue that the males ranked as gay, gay and in denial, or straight but in that way which will flunk every test but the final one (which can't be televised). Of course, the frau will convince themselves of the heterosexuality for anyone they want to sleep with during dreamtime, but this is a tougher row to hoe than usual. All the flags are flying and every last one is bordered in lavender.

5. TCO is being pimped with enough power to make Nevada consider making the whole thing illegal again. If you can't spot Angela as the show's ideal winner in the first five seconds of her weekly judge tongue bath, then welcome to the majority voter pool. And she's the sort of person who only seems to make friends and influence people within the voter base she already has. Can't win others over, can't get any converts: can only stir up an increasing frenzy in her existing supporters. Coming across with the personality of a plastic tiara isn't helping.

6. It's early yet, but the sample so far has every evening as Wrong Song Night.

7. The gentle hand of show sabotage has turned into a fist. Stories being released at suspicious times, songs switched the night before performance, buses put away so that contestants can be tied to the train tracks, judge commentary which has nothing to do with whatever happened on stage, and all ramped up to 11 and beyond.

8. Dislike of the new judges. Keith seems somewhat accepted, but seldom gets to talk. Nikki has realized what she's contract-signed herself into and seems determined to deal with the script through the simple trick of being massively stoned at all times. Mariah may be a computer simulation. No one's sure.

9. If it's not turned into country, it's turned into gospel. Or country gospel. Or gospel country faith rock Christian revival monotone with glory notes and optional loss of breath control. No, wait -- my mistake. Mandatory loss of breath control. No one here can rock, and we keep proving that with inspirational ballad after inspirational ballad until the channels are inspired to change themselves.

10. Just can't get past that Ryan/Julianne breakup.

11. (Insert your own disgust here.)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-23-13, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Never thought it would happen..."
I'm looking forward to The Voice

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •