The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So who cares wins?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-18-12, 06:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"So who cares wins?"
Looking at the non-singing elements which might go into the final vote (because this is not and pretty much never has been a singing competition), we get:

Phillip: Won the last four times he was in this, so why not now? Has the show's most powerful and consistent voting element in his corner. (Not that the frau ever buy anything, but my, can they vote for free.) May have been budding up to Joshua in a season-long strategy to pick up those votes after his rival left. Has the Worsters behind him. Southern elements, small degree of country, and (just to remind you again) is a White Guy With Guitar.

Jessica: Is getting a large number of show-illegal votes from the Philippines as the residents there figure out how to fake US web addresses and phone numbers. Gets the benefit of any Girl Power votes (although realistically, most of the girls are voting for Phillip). If you like ballad after ballad after ballad after ballad after the closing credits, this is your contestant. And most importantly, the show is so desperate for a female winner twinned with the storyline of 'was eliminated, then won anyway' that actually counting votes may be off the board.

In a fair tally, I think the frau prevail and launch another one-year career.

I have no faith in getting a fair tally.

...after ballad after ballad after really boring ballad...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So who cares wins? Belle Book 05-18-12 1
   RE: So who cares wins? csnumber23 05-18-12 7
       RE: So who cares wins? Belle Book 05-18-12 10
 RE: So who cares wins? SpotTheDiffference 05-18-12 2
   RE: So who cares wins? Estee 05-18-12 3
       RE: So who cares wins? Snidget 05-18-12 4
           RE: So who cares wins? SpotTheDiffference 05-18-12 5
               RE: So who cares wins? Snidget 05-18-12 6
 RE: So who cares wins? csnumber23 05-18-12 8
 RE: So who cares dies? Snidget 05-18-12 9
   RE: So who cares dies? Belle Book 05-18-12 11
   Rerun. Estee 05-18-12 12
       RE: Rerun. Snidget 05-18-12 13
           RE: Rerun. qwertypie 05-19-12 14
   The rumors fly. Estee 05-19-12 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-18-12, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: So who cares wins?"
Hey, Jessica doesn't only sing ballads -- though she's best with them, I admit.

And I'm a major fan of Jessica's, so I want her to win! And I'll be voting my heart out next week so she can win!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-18-12, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: So who cares wins?"
Not a fan of Jessica at all. Too much screeching-screaming for my ears.

05-18-12, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: So who cares wins?"
Funny -- I don't think Jessica is that much of a screamer. Now Joshua, on the other hand, he's a real screamer!

SpotTheDiffference 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-18-12, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So who cares wins?"
The Philippines is currently desperate for an AI winner that it can call its own. My Facebook friends list, for example, is currently divided into two solid camps--those who don't watch AI, and those who post this kind of messages:

PHL: You can vote for Jessica Sanchez via Skype! Change Country to US (12nn-3pm) Call: +1-866-436-5702 +1-866-436-5705 +1-866-436-5708

If anything, she already has a career here in the Philippines, much like other Filipino-American AI alumni (seriously, who remembers Clint Jun Gamboa? Jordan Segundo?).

I have no idea if Jessica was brought up with a Filipino background. I don't even know if she speaks a word of the native language. However, she reminds me so much of the stereotypical Filipino diva: a screamer-belter who is stiff and calculated in her movements.

I will not be happy if she wins, just because I know about the possible amount of cheat votes that went her way, especially after the "save" episode. Around 90% of other Filipino viewers though will likely be picketing in front of my house if they read this post and find out where I live.

05-18-12, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: So who cares wins?"
I remember Clint, mostly because some of the side shots made him look like a giant praying mantis.

I haven't been watching the show enough to know how Jessica was raised (if it was even brought up), although the Worsters feel the Philippines are backing the wrong cultural horse. I do feel she comes across as a little too practiced in everything, as if her entire life up to this point was one extended rehearsal. It's annoying. We've seen the mask, thanks: is there anyone behind it?

The Worsters also claim Nigel has acknowledged the international cheating, but a quick search didn't turn that up. I did find he tweeted Joshua was his favorite of the season, the Philippines president giving Jessica the seal of Vote For Her Now Damnit approval, and lots of those Facebook postings. I also found next week's triad theme: each contestant will perform their 'first single' (no word on originality), their favorite song of the season, and a pick from Simon Fuller.

Oh, and as long as I'm posting: David Cook? Just released by RCA. Do any frau have money?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-12, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: So who cares wins?"
Well Nigel retweets a lot of stuff including people tweeting him about the illegal overseas voting.

@dizzyfeet Why is AI allowing illegal votes from Asian countries?
Retweeted by Nigel Lythgoe

About all we get of Jessica's upbringing is she's been home schooled, probably to allow for more diva practice time than she'd get if she was made to spend time in school.

SpotTheDiffference 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-18-12, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: So who cares wins?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-12 AT 02:00 PM (EST)

Is AI allowing online votes this season? I didn't really watch this season, I just know about the cheating from Facebook.

A number of people have been posting instructions on how to download and use proxy-finding software so that they can exploit the online voting (i.e., find a proxy, vote the maximum number of times, switch proxies, rinse and repeat).

Even if Jessica legitimately wins this season, her victory will be tainted by the blatant cheating that's going on. I just hope that people realize that she'll actually be better off losing rather than winning.

05-18-12, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: So who cares wins?"
From the AI website

http://www.americanidol.com/faq/

Online Voting is available to Facebook account holders. Simply go to www.AmericanIdol.com and follow the links to vote. Vote online at the end of each performance show. Online voting closes 2 hours after the Hawaii broadcast of a performance show. During the vote window, you will see a ‘vote’ button.

They do acknowledge you can vote with Skype or VOIP in the FAQ as well, but that the vote will be in the window where that originates from which may not be the time zone you are physically in.

Some people use this to get extra votes in, vote online, vote home phone/cell phone for the 2 hours then get on Skype for that voting window in the other time zone.

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-18-12, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: So who cares wins?"
I don't think they are going to count votes either. They planned it out with the bs save week. They want a female winner and the story of the save to try and top X-Factor. I mean are really supposed to believe Jessica was eliminated that week but hasn't been in danger even once any other week and is now in the final. I think the winner next week will be Jessica. do I think it should be Jessica, no. In my opinion she should have been gone weeks ago.

05-18-12, 06:48 PM (EST)
9. "RE: So who cares dies?"
Who knew AI might be the first death on camera?

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/18/american-idol-phillip-phillips-needs-surgery/

05-18-12, 07:17 PM (EST)
11. "RE: So who cares dies?"
Yikes! I may be no real fan of Phillip's singing style, but I hope he can push through the pain long enough to have surgery right after the finale! Poor guy!

05-18-12, 11:22 PM (EST)
12. "Rerun."
I've seen this show before. The last time around, it was called The Will Haley Come Back Mystery and as it turned out, no one did it.

My first question on this kind of story is always 'Who benefits?' AI releases stories to suit themselves. Unless the script machine has been running full bore all season for someone who isn't Jessica, I'll choose to believe his condition is real. (It takes a truly major DAW to sign off on unnecessary surgery.) But the timing on this news flash...

At first glance, it seems to be strongly pro-Phillip. Look how brave he is, postponing surgery just to finish the competition! Don't you just want to hold his hand? Hug him? Give him lots and lots of sympathy votes? And it even comes with a built-in excuse for his voice! Plus if his recovery time runs long, he gets to miss the tour, and that at least keeps his streak going. In fact, the only way this seems to help Jessica is if the fight-it-out part goes false as Phillip takes a turn for the worse, or at least for the dive, and the show is forced to bring back Joshua. No WGWG, no automatic win.

Yes, I'm exactly this distrusting. But who taught me why I should be, Nigel?

05-18-12, 11:53 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Rerun."
I'm slightly less cynical.

I think the season long viewers are pretty used to him skipping out on things, so I thought the reminder he's really sick and looks stoned a lot of the time was for the more casual viewer who is catching this only the last couple of weeks who may not have been paying attention early on.

I do think the condition is real, and they did put a stent in to keep him OK for the short term. Not many people will have painful surgery that can cause on-going pain just for the DAW points.

I'm still not completely clear on the editing/story arc. Although they may be playing it both ways.

On the one hand, the talented girl who was nearly sent home but saved, yes saved and whom you will then vote for because it was terrible she was almost out.

On the other, the creative guy who is battling a painful condition because winning this show is more important than his own health and comfort.

Either arc could win and you could tell your boss you got the result you wanted all along.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-12, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rerun."
I think the story was released to explain why Phil Phillips was skipping out on the Ford ads. No, it wasn't that he had too much integrity to appear in them; no, it's not like we let the idol wannabee have judgement and discretion......

05-19-12, 01:22 PM (EST)
15. "The rumors fly."
A few sources are now reporting that PSquared will have the surgery before the finale. No real details other than that, and I'm not taking any of it seriously until the show confirms.

Still -- imagine checking in Wednesday to find out the final battle is between two people who were previously voted out. Whee?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •