The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Idol needs to go away"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

rulesr4losers 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-25-12, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rulesr4losers Click to send private message to rulesr4losers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Idol needs to go away"
American Idol needs to go away. I'm sick of watching no talent singers for 4 months, just to be dissapointed in the end. You never hear from most of the winners after the show. Fox is making hundreds of millions on this show. They invited 340 something "singers" to hollywood. Almost twice in seasons past. So they got 2 more episodes of what is already WAY too long of a season Even when it gets down to 12, they could eliminate half of the no talents that are left and people wouldn't miss a thing. Next week they are having THREE nights of Idol. Uggh! I will not be watching any more edisodes of this show. If I want to see lame talent, I'll go to the local Kareoke place.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Idol needs to go away Estee 02-26-12 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-26-12, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Idol needs to go away"
The show may not be going away any time soon, but the viewership is: compared to this point in the last season, ratings are down 35%.

Nigel and company have been laughing off the competition since before the season began. That may be starting to die down a little. Voice is cutting into their fanbase and walking all over AI's theoretical credibility, their formula feels fresher than this one, and we're all just a little tired of the panel's ever-changing standards. (Broadway!) So naturally they're going to try and fix this -- by either going deeper into their own stereotypes than ever before in the hopes that purity will cleanse them, or by throwing a billion twists at what's left of the fanbase. And every singer will be praised endlessly. Because all of them could win every other show on the air. At the same time.

They reached the point where they thought they could stand on their reputation. And they forgot just what that was.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •