The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"X-Factor USA Top 5 Performance ECST"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-07-11, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"X-Factor USA Top 5 Performance ECST"
Down to 5 contestants, so double the torture, keep all discussion of the two songs each of the contestants will inflict as well as any host malfunctions, judge eruptions or other such chaos on this thread until the West Coast finally gets the purse dogs to stop howling.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: X-Factor USA Top 5 Performance ... Estee 12-07-11 1
   RE: X-Factor USA Top 5 Performance ... Snidget 12-07-11 3
 Recappage Snidget 12-07-11 2
   RE: Recappage Estee 12-07-11 8
 Dance Music? Snidget 12-07-11 4
 Melanie Amaro Snidget 12-07-11 5
   RE: Melanie Amaro Snidget 12-07-11 6
       The Heroic Mine sings! Estee 12-07-11 7
 Marcus Canty Snidget 12-07-11 9
   RE: Marcus Canty Snidget 12-07-11 10
       RE: Marcus Canty Estee 12-07-11 12
   RE: Marcus Canty Estee 12-07-11 11
 Rachel Crow Snidget 12-07-11 13
   RE: Rachel Crow Snidget 12-07-11 14
       Cynical take. Estee 12-07-11 16
 Josh Krajcik Snidget 12-07-11 15
   RE: Josh Krajcik Snidget 12-07-11 17
       The first live gender flip. Estee 12-07-11 18
 Songlets. Estee 12-07-11 19
   RE: Songlets. Snidget 12-07-11 23
 Chris Rene Snidget 12-07-11 20
   RE: Chris Rene Snidget 12-07-11 21
   RE: Chris Rene Estee 12-07-11 22
   RE: Chris Rene agman 12-07-11 42
 Melanie Amaro Snidget 12-07-11 24
   RE: Melanie Amaro Snidget 12-07-11 25
   RE: Melanie Amaro Estee 12-07-11 26
 Marcus Canty Snidget 12-07-11 27
   RE: Marcus Canty Snidget 12-07-11 28
       RE: Marcus Canty Estee 12-07-11 30
           RE: Marcus Canty Snidget 12-07-11 33
   RE: Marcus Canty Estee 12-07-11 29
 Rachel Crow Snidget 12-07-11 31
   RE: Rachel Crow Snidget 12-07-11 32
   RE: Rachel Crow Estee 12-07-11 34
 Josh Krajcik Snidget 12-07-11 35
   RE: Josh Krajcik Snidget 12-07-11 36
   RE: Josh Krajcik Estee 12-07-11 37
 Chris Rene Snidget 12-07-11 38
   RE: Chris Rene Snidget 12-07-11 39
       RE: Chris Rene Estee 12-07-11 40
           RE: Chris Rene Snidget 12-07-11 41
 RE: X-Factor USA Top 5 Performance ... Max Headroom 12-07-11 43
 This may be a bad sign. Estee 12-07-11 44

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-11, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: X-Factor USA Top 5 Performance ECST"
The program guide is claiming ten songs in ninety minutes. I'm predicting this is the night where Timekeeper completely loses it.

The fun question for the next two evenings (and beyond): how is Simon going to take revenge for what happened with Drew? Because Simon is going to take revenge. Some of it might wait for staff turnover and finale sound sabotage, but it's hard to believe he won't take at least a token immediate shot across someone's bow.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-07-11, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: X-Factor USA Top 5 Performance ECST"
I'm hoping the time keeper loses it, I need the amusement.

12-07-11, 09:04 PM (EST)
2. "Recappage"
Simon's pissed, judges at war, Drew in tears. Only 5 remine. fighting for a place in the semi-finals.

LA and the boys Chris and Marcus
Simon and the girls, Melanie and Rachel
Nicole and the last of the over 30's Josh

It's Time to Face The Music.

Simon can throw his fits all he wants.

If they want a war they are going to get a war.

12-07-11, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Recappage"
So far, I'm reading Simon's plan as 'If mine are safe, I'm voting the most talented out of the B2.'

12-07-11, 09:05 PM (EST)
4. "Dance Music?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-11 AT 09:06 PM (EST)

with a DJ?

I'm Skating and I know it.

Judge intro.

#Glovesareoff

12-07-11, 09:08 PM (EST)
5. "Melanie Amaro"
Evil LED raining lights.

Someone Like You--Adele

12-07-11, 09:11 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Melanie Amaro"
Is that real confetti? Guess it is.

LA. Really good. Only thing that bothered me was that it was really good. Congratulations.

Nicole. It is a big risk taking on Adele. You sounded like the rock star diva that you are tonight.

Paula. You look stunning and happy. Too short is my only complaint.

Simon. What I love was that wasn't karaoke. The change in you, revealed the real you, confidence sound like a diva. Could have a hit record with that version.

12-07-11, 09:12 PM (EST)
7. "The Heroic Mine sings!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-11 AT 09:14 PM (EST)

So if I've got the intent of that performance staging right, she was standing on a lightbridge while defective turrets danced around her and the portal edges at the back flashed blue and orange.

It wasn't a bad vocal rendition, but her styling doesn't quite mesh with the music -- and there was just too much going on with the rest of the stage. Therefore, GlaDOS has declared this test as failed. (Yet Another Stupid Wheatley Song Pick.)

Paula has a lot of nerve saying someone else too short.

12-07-11, 09:16 PM (EST)
9. "Marcus Canty"
Two time champion of what?

Drop that beat.

"Ain't Nobody" by Rufus & Chaka Khan

12-07-11, 09:18 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Marcus Canty"
The songs do seem really short tonight.

Nicole. Honey, you took us to church and the dance club at the same time. You have earned your spot to be here today. God has a plan for you.

Paula. even playing field like the first time we saw you.

Simon. Shouldn't be happy with you. To be fair, judge you within the competition. That was a very very good performance. Have to give you credit. Like when you don't blame others, came back strong and proved the point.

LA. We need people to vote, vote, vote, vote, vote.

12-07-11, 09:21 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Marcus Canty"
Honey, you took us to church and the dance club at the same time. You have earned your spot to be here today. God has a plan for you.

To me, this comes across as Nicole begging for Drew's fanbase not to backlash on Marcus and back him with all of their mostly-imagined might. She might know Josh is safer than anyone and be trying desperately to get Simon's last two in the B2 -- singly or together, doesn't matter, as long as they can be voted out.

Absolute doom as absolute freedom.

12-07-11, 09:19 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Marcus Canty"
He's the leading contender in Getting His Butt Kicked By The Vote. And that was a deliberate stab from Reid towards Simon. But then, Reid's got a job to go back to, so...

It felt as if Marcus was the lead in a retro 80s vector-graphics video game. And the controls were just about that clunky. He managed to keep up with the song, but the whole thing felt cheesier than a 11:59 p.m. Christmas Eve emergency gift baskey. He isn't improving and I can't see him picking up Drew's church votes. Tomorrow's results are going to be an ibid -- and who saves him this time?

Answer: if he's against Rachel or Melanie, everyone except Simon.

12-07-11, 09:24 PM (EST)
13. "Rachel Crow"
own choice of song, no chair.

Nothin' On You

12-07-11, 09:27 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Rachel Crow"
Wait, two fairly recent songs so far?

That has to be wrong.

LA. singing about beautiful girls who were you singing to, Paula and Nicole, good answer.

Nicole. Waiting for the Rachel Crow doll to come out to come out complete with her own bathroom. Fun and youthful.

Paula. Beautifully fearless, vocal depth, you nailed up tempo, great song.

Simon. I'm waiting for the Nicole voo-doo doll to come out. You know you'd buy it. You did stand up comedy? Makes you at triple threat. Sometimes with girls your age you have sell to grandmas...

12-07-11, 09:29 PM (EST)
16. "Cynical take."
Reid: "Are you gay?"

Other than that, this was the Attack Of The Tragic Non-Hipsters. Everyone's being drowned out by the foreground dancers tonight.

12-07-11, 09:29 PM (EST)
15. "Josh Krajcik"
We Found Love

12-07-11, 09:32 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Josh Krajcik"
LA. Josh, we know you can sing. In the recording world I can't see you doing that song. I just didn't buy it. You were great as a singer, don't buy that song for you.

Paula. The kind of artist Josh is, can make any song as a dance hit. Production was brilliant.

Simon. I agree with LA, good voice, song inappropriate. You were surrounded by a ridiculous dance routine that was distracting. Second time it happened. Lucky you have a second song. Nicole you got this wrong, spend time in America rather than England.

Nicole, how relevant you are as an artist. Made that song his own.

LA and Simon disagreeing.

Josh thinks it is dark and uplifting at the same time.

12-07-11, 09:36 PM (EST)
18. "The first live gender flip."
I have never seen that wagging 'no' finger being executed by a straight male before -- not until Reid pulled it off on a plausibly-live broadcast. Then again, I'm just assuming he's straight...

We're seeing more fallout from last week. Nicole? Is somewhere beyond fired: she just hasn't stopped collecting checks yet. Reid is trying to sabotage Josh's vote, Paula is suddenly on the Cowell Revenge Squad, and Simon will not say anything good about Josh until he goes twenty parsecs past obvious.

As for the routine? Everyone else got killed by their dancers. Josh was taken out by his own lightshow.

12-07-11, 09:37 PM (EST)
19. "Songlets."
What's shorter than an exert? They cut the songs, they cut the intro cells... Sure, most of that went right into judge fighting, but they are desperate to get this thing off the air tonight. Is Timekeeper's ear bleeding yet?

12-07-11, 09:42 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Songlets."
Any shorter and we'd be playing that old game show where you bet how few notes it would take you to guess the song.

12-07-11, 09:38 PM (EST)
20. "Chris Rene"
Live Your Life Hey-ey-ey

12-07-11, 09:41 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Chris Rene"
Nicole. Going to teach LA something aobut love, live your life we are living it with you. Love your spirit and energy. Wrote the verses, sounds like you wrote the hook as well.

Paula, had the crowd going, I loved it.

Simon. I saw the look on your face, you didn't think you were going through. Public supporting an artist like this. Not the best singer, but doing brilliant. Nearly fell off.

LA. Keep improving each week, wrote your own lyrics all you need is VOTES. PLEASE VOTE FOR MY BOYS DON'T LET THEM BE IN THE BOTTOM TWO I AM BEGGING YOU.

Gosh is that man desperate or what. VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE.

12-07-11, 09:42 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Chris Rene"
The stage has a built-in slidewalk.

The Worsters must be in afterglow right now. 'It's a dance number! And he had to stand still and let the floor dance for him!'

Oh, listen to Simon, damning with Kara's praise! You can't sing, but my, aren't you commercial! And that was commercial. A Pepsi commercial. That ends with Chris' hair being set on fire.

Overall, a bad opening round. Does anyone have a punch in them tonight? Someone other than the panel?

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-11, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Chris Rene"
Yech

12-07-11, 09:47 PM (EST)
24. "Melanie Amaro"
Had to move the pepsi challenge songs to next week, some unspecified error, so sing songs they have chosen, only found out last night. Will sing their save me songs instead.

There Can Be Miracles.

12-07-11, 09:52 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Melanie Amaro"
Too much range, she couldn't sing some of the low notes she needed to in this key.

With that make up I really wanted to see Sanatana from Glee singing that.

Melanie has to say something quick to explain it.

LA. Look who sent him.

Melanie keeps blathering on.

LA. That was great, you really thought of that last night, unbelievable. Safe but amazing.

Nicole. Um, you gave me goosebumps. what was so special you were speaking the song and believed every single world. In awe of you.

Paula. When I close my eyes I can hear the greats. Where less is more totally worked.

Simon. If you think singing Mariah/Whitney in 24 hours is safe, she sang that incredibly. A good friend of mine, the guy who signed Whitney, Clive Davis. You gotta pick up the phones, if she is in the piranha pool she is out.

12-07-11, 09:54 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Melanie Amaro"
Reid continuing the subtle attempts at sabotage by suggesting a long-term plan for that routine along with the declaration of a safe choice...

I felt the opening stanzas were weak, but she hit her stride on the second half and managed to find the gospel that lurks in the heart of that song. (The background singers were trying to weaken the whole thing with all their little hearts.) One of her stronger performances, and having this be the night that wardrobe, hair, and makeup all simultaneously figured out what to do with her won't hurt the vote count.

No miracle, but getting competence to the stage tonight is at least a really low probability event.

12-07-11, 09:58 PM (EST)
27. "Marcus Canty"
Survived the bottom twice.

A Song For You

12-07-11, 10:01 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Marcus Canty"
10 million, that's a bit hopeful isn't it?

Nicole. Thank you for reminding us why we fell in love with you. So much grace. Like a young al Green, beautiful.

Paula. One of your best performances. Your eyes do not live. Storyteller.

Simon. I thought it was good. Not jumping out of my chair. I've heard that kind of version so many times, liked a twist. More comfortable on the first song. Bit boring.

LA. Ali got knocked down and came back like a champion. Don't listen to the nonsense. I got your back, my man.

12-07-11, 10:05 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Marcus Canty"
10 million, that's a bit hopeful isn't it?

He rounded up from 9.8.

Your eyes do not live.

...what?

12-07-11, 10:12 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Marcus Canty"
Um lie?

If the spell check doesn't catch the typos they go live. I often replace words with other correctly speeled words.

12-07-11, 10:03 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Marcus Canty"
Well,,,

,,,he has the best b&w picture in the group...

It felt like he's decided he has to sing a farewell song every week. By the end of this borefest, I was waiting for Timekeeper to escort him off the stage. Except that Paula & Nicole would have found an excuse to save him yet again, and watching them talk away the last one pre-performance might have been the funniest part of the night.

Still waitng for The Next Big Twist. Maybe they're bringing Fakethis back.

12-07-11, 10:08 PM (EST)
31. "Rachel Crow"
Music & Me

12-07-11, 10:11 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Rachel Crow"
LA. Love you picked that song, your vision for you is inspiring. Hear rumors, that hollywood is circling the wagons, the star we always thought you were.

Nicole. Old soul in a 13 year old. Beautiful.

Paula. Such a great role model, you are amazing. magical.

SImon. Keep away from her Paula she's doing just fine. I like the fact you chose the songs. Both songs worked. Like an old soul (said Paula rather than Nicole and that caused a fuss)

All Done?

12-07-11, 10:13 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Rachel Crow"
So she can go mini-diva when she needs to. Good to know.

Again, competence -- but not a lot beyond that, if you don't count the flashes behind my eyelids which are refusing to go away. It's still one of those nights where that's high praise, and I still feel she's Final Three -- but it may be a rougher climb than earlier predicted.

12-07-11, 10:13 PM (EST)
35. "Josh Krajcik"
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-11 AT 10:13 PM (EST)

Something--Beatles

12-07-11, 10:17 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Josh Krajcik"
Well Nicole ovulated to that.

LA. Thank God you had a second song. That is what I love. Ever so slightly Karaoke.

Paula. adjectives don't measure up to you. So glad we found you.

Simon. Compared to the first song this was a massive improvement. May be under pressure, you look insane half way through. Nicole interrupts. Get lost and let me finish. My advice, do not allow any more crazy choreography around you. Don't need any props.

Nicole. That's right Simon is like the male Adele in the industry, that is a little something I like to call Krajcik Magic. I just need America to not let the real thing go, vote for Josh.

12-07-11, 10:20 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Josh Krajcik"
He did it honor.

That may get lost in the wake of the Simon & Nicole show that followed, but I want it on the record: no matter how much those two are at each other's throats (as Reid continues his plan of death by paper cuts on the side), Josh got up there and did a rendition which honored the original. I feel that was just above Melanie's second number as the best of the night.

Not that the panel wants us listening to the music any more. We're supposed to listen to them. And place side bets on who throws the first punch.

12-07-11, 10:23 PM (EST)
38. "Chris Rene"
He wrote it? Phone call from Stevie Wonder.

Original Song. Not going to guess.

12-07-11, 10:27 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Chris Rene"
Playing guitar while singing where do we go from here over and over and over and over and over and over and maybe we'll be lucky and he'll do this long enough to save us from the awful sitcom that follows.

Nope, too bad.

Nicole. Sky's the limit with you, baby. Amazing, take this moment in.

Paula. Universe works in mysterious ways. Have to trust the universe. This show allowed your originality.

Simon. This stage of the show, $5 million at stake, either stupidity or a stroke of genius. I like you. That was a stroke of genius.

LA. So proud of you. The night we met you, did an original song, back to where you started and I could not be more proud.

12-07-11, 10:32 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Chris Rene"
If it's an original, why do I feel as if I've heard it fifty times in the last day of radio play alone? Ultimately, all I got out of that was 'Hey, ladies! I'm younger than Josh, you have more to fix, and I? Also have a guitar!'

Not impressed. But my opinion does not affect his survival.

12-07-11, 10:37 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Chris Rene"
Or on Buffy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzY0VuS2pc0

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-11, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: X-Factor USA Top 5 Performance ECST"
For once I watched this in (almost) real time, and I wasn't impressed. I thought Melanie and Rachel rocked their first songs, Marcus and Josh rocked their second songs, and Chris... well, someone has to go home this week.

12-07-11, 11:59 PM (EST)
44. "This may be a bad sign."
The VFTW update thread has tumbleweeds blowing through it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •