The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"X-Factor media coverage."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-19-11, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"X-Factor media coverage."
Let's start with this first in a potential series of not-quite-PG13 articles from Grantland, in which a writer with no visible spoilers in his possession still manages to nail Stacey Fakethis to the hull.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7121901/defense-tv-singing-competitions

Imagine how this would have read with some extra research.

And as far as defense goes -- sure. Right. Good luck. But he did call off at least one reason for a number of us: we're waiting for that one moment when a career announces launch. And it's hard to come by. Autotune, however, is available in unlimited supply. (So much for that promise...)

If you see an interesting article on the competition as a whole (as opposed to individual judges or contestants), post the link here. We might as well let the mainstream get their bashing in.

It's not as if Simon hasn't given them plenty to work with.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: X-Factor media coverage. Snidget 10-20-11 1
   RE: X-Factor media coverage. Estee 10-20-11 2
       RE: X-Factor media coverage. csnumber23 10-20-11 3
           RE: X-Factor media coverage. Estee 10-20-11 4
               RE: X-Factor media coverage. csnumber23 10-20-11 5
 Grantland #2. Estee 10-26-11 6
 RE: X-Factor media coverage. emydi 10-26-11 7
 One way X-Factor US is infintely be... Snidget 10-26-11 8
 More recrappage. Estee 11-17-11 9
 The view from the audience. Estee 12-01-11 10
   RE: The view from the audience. Snidget 12-01-11 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-11, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: X-Factor media coverage."
EW wants five years of their life back.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/x-factor-top-17-judges-homes-part-3/

Ag Potion Number Nine

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-20-11, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: X-Factor media coverage."
The first live show is going to be a hundred and fifty minutes?

...calm down, I'm sure they can't make more than eighty of them about Fakethis...

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-20-11, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: X-Factor media coverage."
Do you know something personal about Stacy Francis? You seem to really dislike her. Do you know her?

10-20-11, 08:37 PM (EST)
4. "RE: X-Factor media coverage."
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-11 AT 08:42 PM (EST)

Oh, gawds, where to begin...

The bottom line is that she's been lying about her entire life and using that lie as the basis of her show storyline -- with FOX happily cooperating by ignoring all evidence to the contrary. (News channel training carries over so well.) And is there ever evidence. The Worsters have been compiling, and -- well -- *sigh* -- here, have a non-PG13 link.

http://tinyurl.com/3rvl27k

So basically, she's playing a pity-me character in order to get the stardom her ego demands. And until someone in the mass media finally calls her out in it, it's going to work.

The Fakethis thread will be at http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID69/979.shtml if anyone other than me ever gets annoyed about it.

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-20-11, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: X-Factor media coverage."
WOW - thanks for the info!! I really hope she didn't lie about her father passing away while she was at boot camp. Judging by what I just saw, it wouldn't surprise me.

10-26-11, 02:25 PM (EST)
6. "Grantland #2."
Fair Using this:

"Speaking of things that make me uncomfortable, the sparkles on Stacy Francis’ pants didn’t remind me so much of diamonds or crystal, but more of the way the night sky must look like after the Zombie Rapture, when the lights of city have all been extinguished and you peek your head out of the dumpster to take your first look at the Milky Way as God intended it. You feel the slight shiver of death and realize that things will never be the same again."

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/36250/the-x-factor-recap-melanie-amaro-breaks-the-whitney-rule

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-11, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: X-Factor media coverage."
EW

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/x-factor-top-12-announced/

with a link to another article with frauen going crazy over Leroy!

10-26-11, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "One way X-Factor US is infintely better than Idol."
"Just before the show began, Bill began taking the audience through his expectations for our behavior. “I need you to be loud, live, active participants,” he implored. “If it feels big and stupid, you’re doing it absolutely right.” Then he put his arm in the air, and began swaying it slowly back and forth. “But please don’t do this. I will throw my mic at your head .” That’s right: The X Factor has outlawed swaybots."

Hallelujah

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/10/26/x-factor-on-the-scene-top-1/

Ag Potion Number Nine

11-17-11, 02:51 PM (EST)
9. "More recrappage."
I do wonder what these reviews would sound like if the writer had done the full VFTW research.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/37771/x-factor-recap-lakoda-murders-a-celine-song

12-01-11, 08:48 PM (EST)
10. "The view from the audience."
It's worse than we thought. And we already thought it svcked.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/38460/grantland-goes-to-the-x-factor

The singers can't be heard by the audience. Lucky, lucky audience.

12-01-11, 08:56 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The view from the audience."
The singers can't be heard by the audience. Lucky, lucky audience.

Almost makes me want to go see it live.

almost, well for a rather apathetic value of almost

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •