The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"VFTW pick tracker: X-Factor U.S."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-19-11, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"VFTW pick tracker: X-Factor U.S."
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-11 AT 12:06 PM (EST)

While they'll wait for the first live shows to make their official pick(s), they're doing some pre-performance considering of their options -- and the term we want here is 'embarrassment of riches'. Or, if you're a show producer and have any concept of shame whatsoever, 'embarrassment'. When the ones you kicked off are registering more song plays than your pass-throughs...

(To wit, Caitlin Koch. Buried her in every round and prayed no one would notice. The viewers didn't. The Internet did.)

But right now, they're looking at:

Boys:

Astro (Brian Bradley. Someone want to tell him he's a letter-dropping dog?) Because it's a singing competition. And as they properly note, he hasn't sung a note yet. Yes, rapping is performance art, sometimes it even has singing involved, it's a skill all its own -- but he can't do that very well either. And they want to see his attitude backlash, which it will...

Phillip. Six decades too late.

Groups:

InTENsity. Because ramming the artificial groups through over the real ones was stupid, this Frankenstein could come apart at the seams on any note, and when you get that many teen hormones in the same place, something is going to explode.

Brewer Boys. In their words, 'Jonas Brothers Lite'.

Lakoya Rayne. See 'InTENsity' for details.

(That's right -- three out of four. What a massive casting success!)

Over-30s:

Dexter. Not enough variety in his performances and too much repetition in his storyline. They seem to see him as the one with the potential for the lowest sales.

Girls:

Simone. Too much ego, too little control, and has lost memory under pressure once before.

Tiah. Because if Simon loves her this much, then Simon must be brought down.

Of those noted above, Ruh-Roh Reorge is the current leader of the pack for site management -- but the members are debating, and the arguments will get fierce. Because there's just so much to debate.

My view on the Worsters, at least for those times when their favorite isn't actively destroying my will to live, tends to be 'Why is voting for someone because you think they're entertainingly bad a lesser reason than voting because you're having a sexual fantasy about hir?' To each their own. But in this case, it's hard to see a reason for them to humiliate the show. Honestly -- didn't the show already humiliate itself?

But there are times when they know exactly what's going on. And as they've called it:

Simon's Team: The Chosen Ones
Paula's Team: The Fakes
Nicole's Team: The Derelicts
Reid's Team: The Frau Baits.

Too much manipulation. Too much homophobia, which is to say, homophobia (only in vast amounts). Too many good singers sent out the door on flimsy excuses. And too little caring about what the final product might be.

If you don't want someone to throw stones, stop building glass houses and calling them diamond.

Note they have no current interest in backing Stacey Fakethis. It's called 'standards'.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 First pick: Astro. Estee 11-03-11 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-03-11, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "First pick: Astro."
Rat's right, rey rent rith ra rapper.

The logic is basic: it's a singing competition and he? Won't. Doesn't. Quite possibly can't. Add in the 'I will be arranging my own feud complete with murders within three years and no one here can try to stop it without becoming my first victim' attitude and NoCred picked up a whole new set of fans.

I think he could stay alive for a while without them, but I also think they might be able to keep him there for an extra round -- maybe two. And they've nailed one aspect: other than the ignored aspects of Fakethis, he has the potential to be the one whose continued process annoys the viewership most.

How sweet would it be if their Chosen One bumped her out?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •