The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Canadian Idol - Favorite Performances"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

spinningwords 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-13-03, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Canadian Idol - Favorite Performances"
I thought it might be neat to rank our favorite performances after the show on Mondays and see how it comes out... Since people often don't agree with the judges, it might be interesting to see if we can even predict who will go off the show and who will be the IDOL.

Toya Alexis
Gary Beals
Billy Klippert
Audrey de Montigny
Jenny Gear
Ryan Malcom

How you feel the performances should have been judged? versus How they ARE judged.

I'll start with last Monday's performance's.....

1. Toya Alexis - just because she did Motown really well
2. Ryan Malcolm - Loved his whole thing
3. Jenny Gear - I don't like her but have to agree she can sing
4. Audrey de Montigny - Motown is NOT for her
5. Mikey - Mikey didn't thrill tonight but just OK.
6. Billy Klippert - Billy was boring tonight -
7. Tyler Hamilton - A solid performer but locked into one style.
8. Gary Beals - Not consistent - terribly out of tune

Notice how my ranking was much different than the actual results: Gary did not even making it to the line up. I did not think Mikey would be the ultimate IDOL also did not feel he would be ousted this fast! Tyler was sent out as I expected even though I do enjoy his music. Do I have a personal favourite? It's still too soon for me...

Canadian that loves Canadian Talent

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Canadian Idol - Favorite Perfor... strid333 08-13-03 1
   RE: Canadian Idol - Favorite Perfor... nanrabbit 08-16-03 2
       RE: Canadian Idol - Favorite Perfor... TylerFan 08-18-03 3
           RE: Canadian Idol - Favorite Perfor... spinningwords 08-19-03 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-13-03, 10:38 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Canadian Idol - Favorite Performances"
Well, I do vote with overall impressions (from the entire competition), but if we were to go with Monday only:
1. Toya - she did it perfectly
2. Ryan - very good
3. Tyler - I thought he did an interesting country/Elvis spin on it
4. Mikey - Good
5. Audrey - Also good
6. Billy - was boring
7. Jenny - I found that she was not tuneful and she is still too uptight (Seriously, drop those shoulders. You will sound better.) when she sings which just makes me uncomfortable. I also do not like her voice.
8. Gary - The whole song was out of key. Unforgivable and even if he 180o next week, I cannot ever vote for him because it shows his lack of talent because there was no recovery from a sour note or two.

Three is the perfect number.

nanrabbit 77 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-03, 00:16 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Canadian Idol - Favorite Performances"
Hello,

I have been watching CI since the beginning and I somewhat liked Jenny the first time she performed for the judges. But I have to admit that she is NOT growing on me! My husband totally agrees as well. He sat in the other room while I watched and he thought her singing was awful. When he watched her perform he was more forceful in his negative opinion.

I am also happy that they finally stopped saying Audrey was great. I find that her accent really comes out sometimes and it makes the song sond wrong.

I can't say that I have a favourite yet but I agree with a lot of the comments about Gary. Is anyone else discouraged that they seem to be kicking off the people too fast. What is up with three at one and then two this week?

Thanks for reading!

TylerFan 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-18-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Canadian Idol - Favorite Performances"
Everyone knows that Tyler is my favorite.

I think he has an amazing voice, and incredible stage presence.
I don't think that he should have been gone before at least three of the singers that are still on the show, but that's my opinion.

If you want to show Tyler your support, please come by my fan site and leave him a message in the guestbook.

Thanks!!! =)

http://www.geocities.com/tylerfans2003/index.html

spinningwords 96 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-03, 03:04 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Canadian Idol - Favorite Performances"
I had a different take on it this week. I was amazed with the performances of both Toya and Ryan and I actually LIKED Jenny this week! Go figure!
I have voted for Billy in the past but not this week. He wasn't good enough although I feel he could be if he would just control his voice with the right songs. I'd like to see him work with Elton John's music maybe. Like Strid, I'll NEVER vote for Gary again although he DID improve lots......

The way I see it..... based on this weeks performances only I would have votes as follows:

1. Toya
2. Ryan
3. Jenny (I know it's crazy but 1969 suits her voice I guess)
4. Gary (His voice improved THAT much - but never another vote)
5. Audrey
6. Billy

However, based on last week's performance I want Gary OUT. Will it happen? Not likely. I predict Billy will go this week. Because of her fan base, Audrey may not even do the walk although she SHOULD.

I'm starting to get a favourite in my mind for Ryan Malcolm as the new Canadian Idol. I just love his SPUNK. I find it interesting that my TWO favourites are both the wildcards!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •