The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"X-Factor USA Top 7 Results ECST "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-01-11, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"X-Factor USA Top 7 Results ECST "
Keep all discussion of tonight's results, lip sync mishaps, sullen tweenagers, and judge fights on this thread until the West Coast massages their hand so it will release from the same gesture as the screen cap of MJ's kids from last night.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: X-Factor USA Top 7 Results ECST... Estee 12-01-11 1
 RE: X-Factor USA Top 7 Results ECST... Snidget 12-01-11 2
   It's a vote total! Estee 12-01-11 3
 Recappage Snidget 12-01-11 4
   RE: Recappage Estee 12-01-11 6
 Paid to lie. Estee 12-01-11 5
 Results 1 Snidget 12-01-11 7
   RE: Results 1 Estee 12-01-11 8
 Tinie Tempah Snidget 12-01-11 9
   RE: Tinie Tempah Estee 12-01-11 10
 Pepsi Song Choices Snidget 12-01-11 11
   How about 'Black Hole Sun'? Estee 12-01-11 13
 Results 2 Snidget 12-01-11 12
   RE: Results 2 Estee 12-01-11 14
       RE: Results 2 Snidget 12-01-11 16
 Commercial note. Estee 12-01-11 15
   Sending Home Snidget 12-01-11 19
       RE: Sending Home Estee 12-01-11 20
           RE: Sending Home emydi 12-02-11 22
           Wow moonbaby 12-02-11 23
               Not immediately... Estee 12-02-11 24
                   RE: Not immediately... TWoman 12-02-11 25
 Save Me Songs Snidget 12-01-11 17
   Donny said it. Estee 12-01-11 18
   RE: Save Me Songs csnumber23 12-02-11 21
 They probably think Timekeeper can'... Estee 12-06-11 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-11, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: X-Factor USA Top 7 Results ECST "
Timekeeper usually sends me into perma-fist mode. (It's a subjective thing.)

The TV listings say we're getting a rapper tonight, so expect the highlight of the evening to come when Astro rushes out and kneecaps the competition. After all, you're just not the real thing unless you're part of at least two major wars. Oh, and at some point, someone will be told to hurry up whatever they're doing. And this may be Astro. A good kneecapping isn't necessarily quick.

While you're waiting, enjoy this live-from-the-studio-audience piece. Apparently everything about this show is faked...

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/38460/grantland-goes-to-the-x-factor

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-01-11, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: X-Factor USA Top 7 Results ECST "
Last night 7 slaughtered MJ songs, tonight 5 go onto next week.

And they are now going to do unspeakable things to Man In The Mirror.

12-01-11, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "It's a vote total!"
Something over sixteen million. (Timekeeper tries to claim that's the number of people who voted. Which would be weird because that's higher than the viewership.) So we've finally got a number -- and when we compare it to the typical Idol tally at this stage, especially with the increased number of ways to vote, it mega-svcks. No wonder they haven't been admitting anything until now -- and that's a policy they should have stuck with.

Timekeeper claims last night was unforgettable. But not for the reasons it actually was.

12-01-11, 09:07 PM (EST)
4. "Recappage"
endless recappage.

12-01-11, 09:13 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Recappage"
I'm looking at it through the lens of the article, though. All those audience cheers -- not only did they have to be magnified to reach a human volume which wasn't physically present, but half of them couldn't hear what they ultimately wound up applauding for. Forget Swaybots: these are Cheergears. Push the button and hear them gush! -- which is the only thing any of them will hear all night.

Somewhere, Seacrest is laughing.

12-01-11, 09:10 PM (EST)
5. "Paid to lie."
'It was a wonderful night.'

'It was a moving tribute.'

'It was the best MJ lovefest ever.'

'It cost us six million dollars to get those micro-critics in those seats.'

12-01-11, 09:17 PM (EST)
7. "Results 1"
Pepsi challenge, we get to pick the songs. They do know the worsters are out there, so I guess they will limit the choices although there are bound to be a few that have train wreck potential.

Judges on stage with their contestants, again. Because that makes it all about the talent.

Lowest number goes home, next two lowest sing for survival.

In no particular order.

First act voted through is.

Ba bum

ba bum

ba bum

Chris Rene

The second act voted through is.

ba bum

ba bum

ba bum

Melanie Amaro

The third act voted into next week's show is.

ba bum

ba bum

ba bum

Rachel Crow

Marcus, Astro, Josh, Drew,

One through, one going home, two will sing for survival.

Do not move.

12-01-11, 09:20 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Results 1"
I moved.

So B3 is Astro, Drew, and Marcus. Because there is no way Last Frau Bait Standing landed in the lower tier. No particular order reads as 'we're saving the top vote getter last.' I think this is Marcus as the auto-departure and then Drew probably trumps Astro just to keep Simon happy.

Weird pacing here. I know they only have a few results to get through, but declaring so many safe this early in the show? Any other host would have paced it out. How much filler do they have available tonight?

12-01-11, 09:24 PM (EST)
9. "Tinie Tempah"
UK's best selling rapper.

Small vegan food stuff?

12-01-11, 09:27 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Tinie Tempah"
I started out waiting for Astro to trigger an international incident and ended with hoping he would.

12-01-11, 09:33 PM (EST)
11. "Pepsi Song Choices"
Astro

Golddigger-Kanye West
Mama Said/Stop Looking At My Mom-LL Cool J/Astro
Dirt Off My Shoulder-Jay Z

Chris Rene

My Love is Your Love-Whitney Houston
Angel of the Morning-Shaggy
Fly-Sugar Ray

Drew

Secrets-OneRepublic
Where You Will Go-The Calling
Breakeven-The Script

Josh

Chasing Pavements-Adele
Everytime You Go Away-Hall & Oats
Come Together-The Beatles

Melanie Amaro

Hero-Mariah Carey
I Didn't Know My Own Strength-Whitney Houston
The Voice Within-Christina Aguilera

Rachel Crow

Forget You-CeeLo Green
Ain't No Mountain High Enough-Diana Ross
Valerie-Amy Winehouse

12-01-11, 09:37 PM (EST)
13. "How about 'Black Hole Sun'?"
Because if it's not a gravitational collapse of svck, it's Typecasting On A Galactic Scale. Ow. We're heading into No Originality Permitted week -- and the ratings should take another hit.

12-01-11, 09:33 PM (EST)
12. "Results 2"
Who else America has boot through

The final act going straight through is...

Josh Krajcik

The act going home is

Astro

12-01-11, 09:39 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Results 2"
Who else America has boot through

*snicker*

Very gracious exit by Astro: his PR coach has taught him well, if a little late. (I really don't want to see the Worsters' reaction right now, do I?) And Timekeeper had no idea how to deal with the spectacle that was hugs and good wishes and fond farewells all around. Some of those goodbyes were blocking his shot!

so who's the next Worster love? If she survives, I'd think it would have to be Drew... those ponies are just so charming!

12-01-11, 09:42 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Results 2"
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-11 AT 09:45 PM (EST)

The Usual

Next!

12-01-11, 09:41 PM (EST)
15. "Commercial note."
If I ever meet the person who created the Fujifilm bungee jump fakery, I will push them off a bridge.

12-01-11, 09:57 PM (EST)
19. "Sending Home"
LA. Blah Blah Blah
Sending home Drew Timekeeper had to chirp in to get that.

Simon. Blah Blah Blah, my choices why shes here.
Sending Marcus home

1:1

Nicole. Blah Blah Blah
When is the timekeeper cutting her off, oh there he is
Sending home Drew

2:1

Paula. Blah Blah Blah.
I'm sending you home Drew.

Simon not happy.

Can we get the crisis counselor stat!

12-01-11, 10:03 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Sending Home"
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-11 AT 10:04 PM (EST)

Well, so much for keeping Simon happy: that was a 'screw you, boss' vote.

What a fiasco. Drew, how are you feeling? I'm crying my eyes out, thanks, go away. Simon, how are you feeling? @#$% you, mannikin. And Timekeeper throws up his hands and walks away because the cued questions are all he's got. Great moments in reality show hosting, brought to you by a man who just officially lost his job: there is no way he comes back next season after this live crash through the floor. And then he kept pushing it. Anything to say now, Simon? No, I'll tear up your contract in private.

Ye gawds. Cross off another 200,000 viewers, floaters grab a life vest, and get ready for next week to be the Worst Performance Show Ever!

Superstar USA was at least trying to do it on purpose.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-11, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Sending Home"
I loved Pauler and Nicole for a few moments last nite!

Drew is 14 and must be Andy or Tommy's niece

Asstro is 15

what's Simon's excuse

Asstro recovered in 2 weeks and went out with some class

What's the over/under for Simon?

40 years?

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-11, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Wow"
that was crazy! And let's see if they are all fired

12-02-11, 10:27 PM (EST)
24. "Not immediately..."
...but there's been rumblings of dumping Timekeeper before this, and I'm pretty sure last night turned them into a full-fledged earthquake. As for the panel -- well, if this is exactly the way the UK format works, then Simon had to know the others could sabotage him at group will. Believing they'd be too afraid to was an act of ego.

(There's our Simon!)

So what happens next? Does his ratings-loving heart decide the drama is better in the long-term than a railroad vote plot would be? Or does his control-needing brain dictate that no step take place which isn't in lock? Stay tuned... but I think that at the very least, the show loses Nicole.

TWoman 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-02-11, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TWoman Click to send private message to TWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Not immediately..."
I'm not sure how this show survives another season without firing Timekeeper. I don't seem to mind Nicole as much as others - maybe because her influence is diluted by 3 other judges. But Steve Jones makes this show unwatchable for me.

12-01-11, 09:46 PM (EST)
17. "Save Me Songs"
Drew

Listen To Your Heart

A song that actually works as a slow dirge.

Marcus

Before I start wants to thank everybody and wants to give everyone his heart and soul.

Neither One Of Us

12-01-11, 09:50 PM (EST)
18. "Donny said it."
"You both sucked."

Talk about sticking with what got them there -- everybody into the Boardroom! It's time for a double-firing! The good news is that Drew bored me so much, the cotton wool partially insulated me from Marcus. But there was enough left to truly understand what he was saying: neither one of them should advance to next week. It's the drama of a triple-elimination: isn't that good for a boost of one viewer? Fight for that ratings fraction!

Who goes home? Who cares?

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-02-11, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Save Me Songs"
The only surprise to me was them saving Marcus over Drew. The bottom 3 was what I expected. I certainly expect Marcus to go home next week. Had they let America decide, I think he was gone this week.

12-06-11, 05:24 PM (EST)
26. "They probably think Timekeeper can't read."
Apparently selected members of Drew's fanbase have been registering their dissenting opinions to Paula and Nicole via Twitter and Facebook. Nothing major, really. Just a few death threats here and there. Because surely Drew would approve of that, right? And no one could ever possibly track those things down.

Number of said threats originating from Simon's account: currently unknown.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •