The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"X-Factor USA Series Audition #2 ECST"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-22-11, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"X-Factor USA Series Audition #2 ECST"
Two more hours of audtions tonight. How will it do in the ratings tonight? Given most of the auditions from the extended previews are gone, does this mean the best is over? Can we hope the worst is over?

Ready your remotes and keep the discussion here until the West Coast regains their hearing.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: X-Factor USA Series Audition #2... Estee 09-22-11 1
 Intro/Recappage Snidget 09-22-11 2
   RE: Intro/Recappage Snidget 09-22-11 3
 Ashley Sansone Snidget 09-22-11 4
   Thirteen Minutes With Jerks. Estee 09-22-11 6
 You Drive Me Crazy Montage Snidget 09-22-11 5
   RE: You Drive Me Crazy Montage Estee 09-22-11 7
       RE: You Drive Me Crazy Montage Snidget 09-22-11 10
           Setup. Estee 09-22-11 12
               RE: Setup. Snidget 09-22-11 17
   RE: You Drive Me Crazy Montage cahaya 09-26-11 61
 Not Going Well... Snidget 09-22-11 8
 Simon taking a break Snidget 09-22-11 9
   Twenty-six minutes with jerks and c... Estee 09-22-11 11
   RE: Simon taking a break Snidget 09-22-11 13
       RE: Simon taking a break Estee 09-22-11 14
           RE: Simon taking a break cahaya 09-22-11 45
 Ashley Deckerd Snidget 09-22-11 15
   RE: Ashley Deckerd Snidget 09-22-11 16
       Wholesale ripoff. Estee 09-22-11 18
       RE: Ashley Deckerd Sagebrush Dan 09-23-11 52
 Next auditioner: Ember McLain. Estee 09-22-11 19
 Had a phone call....So I need to ca... Snidget 09-22-11 20
   RE: Had a phone call....So I need t... Estee 09-22-11 22
 RE: X-Factor USA Series Audition #2... Estee 09-22-11 21
   RE: X-Factor USA Series Audition #2... cahaya 09-23-11 46
 We switch tto Dallas. Estee 09-22-11 23
 2 Squared and other good auditions. Snidget 09-22-11 24
   RE: 2 Squared and other good auditi... Sagebrush Dan 09-23-11 53
 Jonny Homeschool. Estee 09-22-11 25
   RE: Jonny Homeschool. cahaya 09-23-11 47
 I caught up to Dallas Snidget 09-22-11 26
 This is not the President's fault. Estee 09-22-11 27
 Lots of Cowboy Hats Snidget 09-22-11 28
   RE: Lots of Cowboy Hats Estee 09-22-11 29
 Wesley Kimball Snidget 09-22-11 30
   RE: Wesley Kimball Estee 09-22-11 32
       RE: Wesley Kimball cahaya 09-23-11 48
 Last shot at a second chance Snidget 09-22-11 31
   After The Break. Snidget 09-22-11 33
       RE: After The Break. Estee 09-22-11 34
           RE: After The Break. Snidget 09-22-11 36
 X Factor Pod Becomes a Happy Place Snidget 09-22-11 35
   RE: X Factor Pod Becomes a Happy Pl... Estee 09-22-11 37
 The Worsters say it all. Estee 09-22-11 38
   RE: The Worsters say it all. cahaya 09-23-11 49
 Everyone Dreaming Big Snidget 09-22-11 39
   RE: Everyone Dreaming Big Estee 09-22-11 41
       RE: Everyone Dreaming Big cahaya 09-23-11 50
 Next Week Snidget 09-22-11 40
   Waitaminit. Estee 09-22-11 42
       RE: Waitaminit. Snidget 09-22-11 43
           RE: Waitaminit. Estee 09-22-11 44
 RE: X-Factor USA Series Audition #2... cahaya 09-23-11 51
 RE: X-Factor USA Series Audition #2... Tummy 09-23-11 54
   RE: X-Factor USA Series Audition #2... Estee 09-23-11 55
       RE: X-Factor USA Series Audition #2... Tummy 09-23-11 56
           RE: X-Factor USA Series Audition #2... cahaya 09-23-11 57
   RE: X-Factor USA Series Audition #2... Snidget 09-23-11 59
 Nerd victory. Estee 09-23-11 58
   RE: Nerd victory. cahaya 09-23-11 60

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-11, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: X-Factor USA Series Audition #2 ECST"
12.1m last night when it was up against Modern Family... is it possible that Simon's about to have his manly head handed to him by a bunch of nerds? The idea of Sheldon beating up anyone is a nearly-impossible concept, but this is the one arena where he gets a measurable chance to pull it off.

And given the overall quality level of auditions to date, Penny could bring down the house with a carefully-timed Soft Kitty.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-22-11, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Intro/Recappage"
I don't remember the masked person from last night.
Miami and Dallas tonight. Operatic music again.

Miami up.

09-22-11, 08:05 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Intro/Recappage"
No Food No Drinks, only what we sell you at inflated prices. Nicole, LA Reid, Pauler and Simon. Simon making the X Factor Arm Sign. In a change of pace, Simon is in a White T-Shirt.

09-22-11, 08:09 PM (EST)
4. "Ashley Sansone"
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-11 AT 08:25 PM (EST)

She isn't starving as she can afford 2 hotdogs. She is her own inspiration. Gosh she rambles on and on. Takes her shoes off to sing.

Piece of My Heart, she is 29. We got the sound board warning, and egad, no wonder she is starving. I think she got into Pauler's cup.

LA hopes she has really thick skin, got on my nerves when you were talking, when you sang I wanted to slit my wrists. Simon couldn't understand a single word she sang. The problem is your voice. She wants to go to a ballad and now she is begging for a yes or no.

And it is no.

09-22-11, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Thirteen Minutes With Jerks."
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-11 AT 08:15 PM (EST)

Yeah, this is totally gonna keep people enthralled enough to stay with their current channel.

09-22-11, 08:13 PM (EST)
5. "You Drive Me Crazy Montage"
Chanel Simone. oh.my.heck. She needs an explanation of why it was a no. Wants another try in an English Accent.

Canen Road. 3 cowboy accountants.

So far the day is dreadful.

Dream Girlz. Mom and Daughter, or was it sisters. Family all thinks they were terrific and making drama for the cameras.

09-22-11, 08:16 PM (EST)
7. "RE: You Drive Me Crazy Montage"
So far, I'm pretty sure Sheldon could take them all. At the same time.

09-22-11, 08:25 PM (EST)
10. "RE: You Drive Me Crazy Montage"
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-11 AT 08:26 PM (EST)

With one frontal lobe tied behind his back.

is it a bad sign I feel like rocking back and forth singing soft kitty already???

09-22-11, 08:32 PM (EST)
12. "Setup."
Soft Kitty is for when you're sick.

09-22-11, 08:47 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Setup."
This show certainly isn't making me feel well.

I'm not quite production assistant knocking on the door sick...

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-11, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: You Drive Me Crazy Montage"
About the DreamGirlz... see this post in the Premiere thresd.

09-22-11, 08:22 PM (EST)
8. "Not Going Well..."
3 year old with a cold

Local Legend, Gloria Estafan comes to wish them luck.

Kaitlin Curtis Junior in High School, 16. Firework, piano version. Sound Board Cue in. Holy Vibrato.

Nicole I think there is room to grow. Simon says that is not good news from Nicole. Be in a group where you don't have to rely on a fantastic vocal. Simon, No. Nicole, just need somoene more ready, no. Paula says you have promise, don't break down. Paula goes to give her a hug.

This Ain't a Fairytale music to play her off.

09-22-11, 08:25 PM (EST)
9. "Simon taking a break"
Begging production that this is the worst session.

Nick Voss, 21. 7 people in a 3 bedroom house. They are concerned the talent isn't coming in. Simon wondering why they came here.

Dramatic music, heart beat and off to break.

09-22-11, 08:29 PM (EST)
11. "Twenty-six minutes with jerks and counting."
Except that Simon has enough power to set up the performance schedule and may have deliberately set up a parade of incompetence to make the next Chosen One look that much better -- assuming anyone in the audience lives through the trampling feet. They're trying to make it look like Puerto Rico all over again -- but who's the one pushing the similarity?

This setup was a mistake. And even on a night when they need every viewer they can get, it still won't be a fatal one -- but they're bleeding Nielsens, and the wound won't seal.

09-22-11, 08:34 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Simon taking a break"
Audition after the break.

He has been doing this since he was 5, I can't take the Vanilla Ice redux. Scary that he was dancing instead of directing traffic. Trouble by Elvis Presley.

Another sound board cue. and there why is the crowd going nuts, this is not good, but he is energetic.

LA-purely singing, not have great things to say, entertainment business, really brought it, got me excited. He is impressed. Nicole, confused at first, she ended up digging him. Paula, says keep being unique, but lose the Michael Jackson moves. If you can translate this to working harder on your vocals. Nick, loves him (probably because he'll bring the Jedward type of spectacle) this is something you really want.

Vote...4 yeses.

09-22-11, 08:38 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Simon taking a break"
The sliced eyebrow is mildly hypnotic.

This is what we waited a quarter of the show for? Tell me he'd survive the runway stroll at an AI final cut. In fact, tell me he'd get past the gah-roups. Some amount of talent, but not superstar material and any recording is going to demand enough autotune to mask whatever they started with.

Maybe Miami really was that bad?

09-22-11, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Simon taking a break"
Ye gads, a whole half an hour gone and a few hundred words in a recap draft that really should be edited to just a few.

09-22-11, 08:42 PM (EST)
15. "Ashley Deckerd"
14 year old. She goes Ghost Hunting. She says she is different and that is what they are looking for (different like every other 14 year old Goth wannabe)

Simon says do you seriously see ghosts, and wants to hear only about Ashley's ghosts, not Paulers hallucinations. Paula sees ghosts too.

Simon would love for her to bring the ghosts with her.

LA fascinated by you, but the singing was the least of them. It is a pass.

Weird sound effects. Ghostbusters theme, and left an eerie imprint.

09-22-11, 08:45 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Ashley Deckerd"
And a weird lights out thing happens.

Kevin Martin, channeling the Bee Gees,

More technical problems.

Marivana Viscuso, Summertime. Very Witchy costume. Simon says when I hear you I think of Wolves Mating she says it is the full moon, and she gets through. It was possessed but I loved it.

09-22-11, 08:49 PM (EST)
18. "Wholesale ripoff."
Because this show won't pay retail for anything. How many other shows have used this bit? How many did it work for? Whatever that number is, don't add one.

This is starting to move beyond sad and into that vast graveyard known as 'So what else is on?' And I'm just talking about the auditioners. The ghosts have the right idea: the sooner this place gets cleared, the better.

And if the ghosts happened to be one production idiot with his hand on a light switch? Take the hint anyway.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-11, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Ashley Deckerd"
Loved the Summertime. Would have liked to hear the whole thing.

09-22-11, 08:51 PM (EST)
19. "Next auditioner: Ember McLain."
Good voice, but that blue flame coming out of her head is going to be a nightmare to work past building codes.

09-22-11, 09:01 PM (EST)
20. "Had a phone call....So I need to catch up"
Like I would miss something???

09-22-11, 09:04 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Had a phone call....So I need to catch up"
You may have missed TCO, or at least TCOToMakeFinalFour. Simon loves her. The audience loves her. Reid feels she vindicates everything he in no way actually gave up. And I? Am already so tired of this show's audition structure that she'd have to go all over again for an audience of one to have a chance of getting my theoretical vote.

It's not her fault in any way. It's just that the editing on this show is going to wind up appearing on a turnoff list. In capitals.

09-22-11, 09:01 PM (EST)
21. "RE: X-Factor USA Series Audition #2 ECST"
So if you were one of the singers who got through who wasn't the Bridge Segment or the Hour Finale, wouldn't you be a little annoyed by your treatment? Forty minutes of failures (possibly including judge intros), eight of commercials, ten for those two, and then all of you put together got whatever was left over. Cannon fodder has seldom been so tightly packed into the barrel.

09-23-11, 01:29 AM (EST)
46. "RE: X-Factor USA Series Audition #2 ECST"
One hour later, I forgot who passed. In fact, I forgot if anybody passed.

09-22-11, 09:06 PM (EST)
23. "We switch tto Dallas."
Wonder how many times that one spaghetti-strap shaker will show up there.

09-22-11, 09:11 PM (EST)
24. "2 Squared and other good auditions."
4 girls actually pretty good.

They get all yesses, maybe the auditions have turned a corner.

Kendra Williams. Yep cornered turned, for the moment. All Yeses

Up beat background music.

Nicole wants Brendan O'hara. All Yeses, Simon says he could sell a ton of records.

Jeremiah Pagan, Male Soprano. Upper register a bit weak. Gets good crowd response. 4 yeses.

Friends and family support montage.

Melanie Amarro, College Freshman. 18. Listen by Beyonce. Audience on it's feet. She is pretty good. Standing O from the judges. Family is excited. LA Reid You have the gift, the soul, the swagger, the X factor. Nicole, this is why I do this. Paula. Have a unique ability, I don't think it is like anything I have ever heard in any audition. Simon. When I was asked why bringing show to America, hope we'd find someone like you. Everything I walked away from, you made it worthwhile. Made a believer out of Nicole, The Brightest Gift, Simon gets the whole crowd to give her the 4th yes.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-11, 02:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: 2 Squared and other good auditions."
Blown away by Melanie. Great stuff.

09-22-11, 09:15 PM (EST)
25. "Jonny Homeschool."
I wouldn't send him out in public for a while.

'Say, Jonny! The FOX network just destroyed your entire life! What are you going to do next?'

'I'm going to have every bully in town beat the carp out of me.'

*sigh* Poor kid. Exploited for five seconds of no-laughs followed by five years of recovery. And the show doesn't care about the later.

09-23-11, 01:30 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Jonny Homeschool."
I can only wonder how much time he spends looking at his hair in the mirror.

09-22-11, 09:18 PM (EST)
26. "I caught up to Dallas"
Blistering Temps. Fast forwarding the crow shots.

First Act, Jonny Rogers, 17 years old. Spends a lot of time on his Justin Beiber hair, but he had it first. God they are letting him talk on and on, I hate him already. Barbie's Boyfriend, Ken not Justin Beiber. He is jealous of the Beibs.

Original song. Dances a lot at the begining, or what passes for dancing. Weird voice. Nicole shocked at the fake fall over at the end. LA liked the energy, you are entertaining. Nicole, loved the choreography. Paula loves surprises. Like a factory in China and given an order to make 10,000 Justin Beiber dolls but it kind of went wrong in production, wasn't quite right. No, No, Not right for this competition, Keep the enthusiasm up.

09-22-11, 09:20 PM (EST)
27. "This is not the President's fault."
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-11 AT 09:20 PM (EST)

"I sold my truck to get here."

"I used my rent money to get here."

X-Factor: creating unemployed homeless stranded delusional people since 2011.

09-22-11, 09:24 PM (EST)
28. "Lots of Cowboy Hats"
Nicole picked up the y'all and gone very Southern.

More than just your typical country boy Dylan from the boondocks and seems to be filling the stereotype completely but trying to wear the hat sidewise to seem street. Sold his truck to get to the audition.

What the frick is this? Is that supposed to be rap? Lying like he is dead on the floor. He lost the sponge.

Paula stuck on the sponge.

09-22-11, 09:25 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Lots of Cowboy Hats"
Paula stuck on the sponge.

I will never forgive you for this.

09-22-11, 09:27 PM (EST)
30. "Wesley Kimball"
GACK!!!

LA Reid, why are you shouting at me?

Comical Music

Michael and Michelle, Michael is the least muscular personal trainer I have ever seen.

Kill Me Now.

Simon. Uncomfortable Nightmare.

More comical music.

Curtis Lawson friends call him Pheonix, dances with fire. He has a dream catcher on his waist band. Nicole being sent to the naughty step.

What is that. Paula scared and confused. Nicole feels a little violated. Simon wants him to sing in Human.

Strange day in Dallas.

09-22-11, 09:34 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Wesley Kimball"
I think I've figured out the pattern. AI presents the impression of flawed small gems in a field of mud. This show is going for gold coins in a swamp of sewage. They may be worth something -- but is it worth getting that dirty?

Oh, and the last audition will be a go-through that's supposed to make everything that went before worthwhile. It won't.

09-23-11, 01:31 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Wesley Kimball"
And, in retrospect, didn't.

09-22-11, 09:32 PM (EST)
31. "Last shot at a second chance"
Dexter Haygood 49. In platform heels. Had an album with the band he was in. Toured with Hall and Oates. Lost his ring.

Sexy Machine by James Brown. Simon knows what is coming.

Simon says a tribute act. Simon wants to hear him sing something else. 15 second a capella....dramatic music, and off to break.

09-22-11, 09:40 PM (EST)
33. "After The Break."
Oh we get the sob story.

This is a man's World. Audience loved it. Simon says that is what is called Taking Your Moment. Audience is rooting for him. LA going out on a limb for you and says yes. Nicole, one of the funkiest cats, I have to say yes. Paula, I need you if you come back to come not like James Brown I want to know who Dexter is, then I am going to say yes. Simon says this is why we have an audience. Treated the first part as a bit of a joke, I don't know what is happened in your life and you can sing and you have soul, you have 4 yeses.

09-22-11, 09:44 PM (EST)
34. "RE: After The Break."
Well, he can strut and he can yell. I'll know if he can sing if he ever attempts it.

I know nothing about the man or his career, but I think I have a pretty good idea of what went wrong.

09-22-11, 09:46 PM (EST)
36. "RE: After The Break."
Something typical of a VH1 Behind the Music show?

09-22-11, 09:45 PM (EST)
35. "X Factor Pod Becomes a Happy Place"
Montage of people who made it.

They are making them talk in a white storage pod?

Next act desparate. Rugby Coach. Caitlin Cooke. Stop In The Name Of Love. Slowed Down Version.

LA Reid, that was really special. I like you a lot. Nicole an honor to work with you. Paula, great individual authentic voice. Simon, you almost lost control then controlled it and did something I've never heard before. All Yeses.

09-22-11, 09:49 PM (EST)
37. "RE: X Factor Pod Becomes a Happy Place"
They are making them talk in a white storage pod?

They have to live somewhere until the next round starts.

Oh dear gawds, Cook's Law just kicked in. (But it's hard to risk telling a rugby player no...)

And now, the supposed showstopper, which I will appreciate only because at the end of it, they'll stop the show. Honestly: why are we watching this? There are other means of self-torture available and some of them come with snacks.

09-22-11, 09:51 PM (EST)
38. "The Worsters say it all."
"They didn't just lower the bar, they burned it."

09-23-11, 01:38 AM (EST)
49. "RE: The Worsters say it all."
Like a band of zealous Prohibitionists.

09-22-11, 09:58 PM (EST)
39. "Everyone Dreaming Big"
Xander Alexander doesn't want to be limited to $5 million. His idols are before they "lost it".

Very picky about being called Xander. Might have a small bit of an ego.

Simon wants his real name and calls him Alexander. LA Reid trying to figure out what he's wearing.

I'll Be by Edwin McCain. No he hasn't performed in public but knows what his act would look like. Called Simon Simone.

Asks for a Mic Stand. He made me nervous. Paula says just sing.

Simon stops him and says the song is not working. Really nervous, starts another song.

He swears he can do it. LA Reid, Vocally not so much. Very entertaining. Simon says I quite like you. Lippy, Gobby, but interesting. I'd like to hear you without nerves. With a full production could be potentially good even though that wasn't a great audition. He is Paula's hero. Nicole asks if this means a lot to him.

Simon says to move it along.

LA-No, Nicole-Yes, Paula-No, Simon-You need three yeses. Where you blew this is the audience hated you by the end. The minute anyone criticizes you, you turn into a bitchy diva, it is over.

Cue. Too Late to Apologize.

09-22-11, 10:02 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Everyone Dreaming Big"
So I was wrong: they closed on a failure. I wish Vols was here. He could say 'Girl needs to dial it back' and get away with it.

The only thing I got from the whole routine: it's majority vote. I had been expecting that Simon would have the power to break all ties, and it sounded like he was leaning towards letting Xander through. And I'm surprised Simon let that kind of power get away from him.

09-23-11, 01:39 AM (EST)
50. "RE: Everyone Dreaming Big"
Total fail. Even by AI standards.

Whoever produced these two hours should be fired. And even then, it's too late.

09-22-11, 09:59 PM (EST)
40. "Next Week"
Paula and Simon fight.

09-22-11, 10:03 PM (EST)
42. "Waitaminit."
There's going to be a next week?

09-22-11, 10:07 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Waitaminit."
*snort*

Has any show ever foreshadowed that it was going to be cancelled by the end of the week in their editing of the next time on thingy?

09-22-11, 10:28 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Waitaminit."
TVTropes has a few announcing their cancellation on-air, but I'm not sure anyone's ever said 'Next week: an emergency airtime filler!' Twelve million is too high a number to pull the plug on anyway -- if they maintain that rating, FOX will keep them around because nothing they could swap ib would equal or beat it. But if the numbers don't rise, it'll still be a qualified letdown.

Now, if they pull a Pirate Master and the ship actively takes on water... I think FOX will be reluctant to pull the plug no matter how bad things get: the season will air all the way through whether anyone cares or not. But turning it into one-and-done is a very real option.

Still -- too early to tell. But unless they pull the American Susan Boyle out of a Pepsi cup, early results are not encouraging.

09-23-11, 01:42 AM (EST)
51. "RE: X-Factor USA Series Audition #2 ECST"
There was last night's recap and here is tonight's unrecyclable recrap.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-23-11, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: X-Factor USA Series Audition #2 ECST"
And for those of us that still watch shows because we enjoy them the discussion starts here.

I actually liked a few of the contestants. I think Cheryl got screwed and actually liked her much more than Nicole. I'm liking LA far better than Randy and not once has he said Dawg. I like the idea of a live audience, I think it encourages the people that actually have talent and they can feed off the energy. I'm enjoying this much more than AI so far but am still a little foggy on the way the competition will work.

That's a lot of I's so I'll stop there.

09-23-11, 08:33 AM (EST)
55. "RE: X-Factor USA Series Audition #2 ECST"
And for those of us that still watch shows because we enjoy them

*checks ratings* What, all twenty-eight of you? Gee, hope they all register soon or this is going to be one lonely subthread.

am still a little foggy on the way the competition will work.

It has some Voice elements (and is not a ripoff in doing so, as the original version of this predates the first airing of that). If Wikipedia's schedule combined with past experience is to be believed, the system sort of works as follows:

The rest of September: Auditions.

Early October: 'Boot camp', which translates to the first series of cutdowns. At some point during or at the end of this process, the survivors are divided into four categories: males under thirty, females under thirty, 31-up (both genders), and groups. Each category is assigned to a judge, who is then responsible for further eliminations within it. The four sections then head for four separate generic reality mansions for their next dose of pain.

Mid-October: 'Judges' house' footage. All the drama of the gah-roups! Half the talent! None of the sincerity!

(approximately) October 25th: Finalists revealed. A guest mentor should pair up with each judge to help make the final selection. Two are rumored: Rhianna for Reid and Mariah Carey with Simon.

(approx.) November 2nd: Live shows begin. The voting process is still a mystery. Should they echo the U.K. edition, we'll get a Bottom Two each week with the judges deciding which party goes home. (Which works out to 'Worsters grab a life vest' -- this makes their job harder.) This could be a B2 from each category or a pair between all sections. Or we could start out with the first and eventually have a tribal merge to the second.

(approx.) December 21st & 22nd: Finals.

There will be professional performances during some of the live shows. Mentors have been threatened. Quality is not necessarily coming.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-23-11, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: X-Factor USA Series Audition #2 ECST"
Me and my fellow 27 happy watchers sticks our collective tongue out back at you.

Hmmmm, I really like The Voice but found it too short, this seems a little drawn out. Hopefully it will be entertaining enough during the month of October.

I don't pay any attention to the Worsters - if they ever back a contestant from the beginning that actually places in the top 3 then I'll give them credit.

09-23-11, 09:53 AM (EST)
57. "RE: X-Factor USA Series Audition #2 ECST"
Count me within those 27. I'm along for this ride, although it feels like I'm watching an AI/Voice hybrid.

Let's not also forget a lot of people skip the audition watching and tend to switch in when it gets to around the final dozen and some real names come up.

09-23-11, 11:29 AM (EST)
59. "RE: X-Factor USA Series Audition #2 ECST"
If I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't watch, run the ECST, or snark about it.

Just because I snark doesn't mean I don't enjoy. Although the "makes my ears bleed" auditions is a perverse form of enjoyment.

09-23-11, 10:06 AM (EST)
58. "Nerd victory."
Episode #2 viewership: approximately 11.9 million. So not only did they drop off from the premiere, but this time, Simon experienced the honor of having Sheldon give him a giant ratings wedgie.

Are they worried yet?

09-23-11, 01:55 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Nerd victory."
For the ones that mattered, re-audited Wednesday night figures (source, TVBTN):

8:00
FOX The X Factor (Series Premiere) 8-10p 4.4/12 12.49
CBS Survivor: South Pacific 3.2/9 10.46
ABC The Middle (Season Premiere, 1 Hour) 3.1/9 9.74
9:00
ABC Modern Family (Season Premiere, 1 Hour) 6.1/15 14.53
CBS Criminal Minds (Season Premiere) 4.1/10 14.14

Interesting to note that the 18-49 rating share was particularly strong for the Modern Family.

Thursday:

8:00
CBS The Big Bang Theory (Season Premiere) 4.8/15 14.06
FOX The X Factor 3.9/11 11.43
8:30
CBS The Big Bang Theory 5.0/14 14.65
NBC Parks & Recreation (Season Premiere) 2.0/6 4.11
9:00
FOX The X Factor 4.4/11 12.71
ABC Grey's Anatomy (Season Premiere) 3.9/10 10.11
CBS Person Of Interest (Series Premiere) 3.1/8 13.22

Interesting to note that the XF viewership dropped significantly by 9:00, while BBT got a jump at 8:30. I wonder if that disastrous first half-hour of XF had anything to do with that.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •