The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rakings - Top 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-18-11, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rakings - Top 3"
For the first time this season...we have a tie, boys and girls...at least in my opinion.

Here is how I see it....

Scotty - His first two songs were excellent. His last - judges pick (surprise) - was old and boring and didn't suit him AT ALL.

Haley - Her first two songs ALSO were excellent. Zeppelin?! Brilliant. Rhiannon, also brilliant. Although I thought she could handle Alanis, it was her weakest of the night...and I swear she forgot the lyrics in teh beginning, but none of the judges said anything. At these points, I miss Simon.

Lauren - To me, she seemed off tonight, and AGAIN, the judges pick was an incredibly BORING song. I didn't think she deserved to be in the final 3, and tonight she proved it.

If the judge's picks would have been better...it could have been a total blowout for either scotty or haley.

Good night.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rakings - Top 3 cahaya 05-18-11 1
   RE: Rakings - Top 3 KeithFan 05-19-11 8
 RE: Rakings - Top 3 csnumber23 05-18-11 2
 RE: Rakings - Top 3 zazzy 05-18-11 3
   RE: Rakings - Top 3 KeithFan 05-18-11 4
   RE: Rakings - Top 3 Max Headroom 05-19-11 7
 RE: Rakings - Top 3 KeithFan 05-19-11 5
 RE: Rakings - Top 3 Max Headroom 05-19-11 6
   RE: Rakings - Top 3 mindy23 05-19-11 9
 RE: Rakings - Top 3 mrc 05-19-11 10
 RE: Rakings - Top 3 Belle Book 05-21-11 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-18-11, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rakings - Top 3"
Song ranking:

1. Haley Reinhart, What Is and What Should Never Be - Yikes! She takes a tumble after dancing around the judges table on the way up the stairs! Toss those high heels, quick! She starts off pretty well, makes it all the way down the flashing stairs, and goes into a sultry stanza before kicking it off with dance and strong vocals. Recovers well enough from the fall to finish the song in style. Dad's on stage with her playing the electric with the Marshall amps behind him, as much if not more fun to watch. As a Led Zep freak, I liked this.

2. Scotty McCreery, She Believes in Me - Arguably his best performance of the night. Starts off slow with the piano accompaniment, then lifts up as the violins kick in and soars nicely through the chorus and the rest of the song, coming down gently as a feather at the end. Superb vocals, fine arrangement and timing. Thumbs up and a fairly sure bet to sing next week.

3. Haley Reinhart, Rhiannon - In more ways than one, a very breezy song. Even the guitar slide notes went right along with Haley's sliding between the registers mid-syllable. Interesting to watch and listen to. Sure, it wasn't a wowzer, but still something a little different than the generic family-sized box of corn flakes the other gal is serving us. While I wasn't blown away by the notes in the wind, I'll give her a thumbs up here.

4. Scotty McCreery, Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not - Much better than his first song in a number of ways, even if it was Iovine's choice than his own. Playing with an acoustic (capo in F) with a electric guitar and (again) a lap slide on stage, this song fit together as a whole. He looked like he was enjoying himself more as he was in a fine vocal groove. He needs to handle that guitar a little better, though, so that he doesn't look quite so awkward with it standing up (probably better to sit the way he performs). Thumbs up.

5. Scotty McCreery, Amazed - Piano and lap slide on stage, dressed in jeans and corduroy, down home boy Scotty sings right along in his groove. He makes an attempt to move up an octave, which was about unsuccessful as it was in audition practice, but the rest of it fit together in his typical style. Par for the course for Scotty, but I wasn't Amazed.

6. Lauren Alaina, Wild One - Well, Lauren makes it known that she's not the Wild One with this performance. A few half-hearted moves didn't add anything to what was otherwise an OK vocal performance. Reminds me of a set I'd expect to see at some rural county fair concert, as just but a local sweetheart favorite. I'll give her a pass, although expecting we're going to see and hear more of the same.

7. Haley Reinhart, You Oughta Know - She's tempting fate with those high heels! But she's not tempting fate with the high notes, the way she hits them. Came out a little slow to begin with, but liked that fast song riff in the chorus that not many singers can do. She didn't really need to pander to the judges and might have been better advised to play up to the cameras for the real votes (if they exist, noting some conspiracy theories). Thumbs up. She probably did just enough different tonight to earn her way into next week's sing-off against Scotty, with borin' Lauren watching.

8. Lauren Alaina, I Hope You Dance - Looks like a bridesmaid singing at her best friend's wedding reception, hoping she can get the wallflowers to dance. Sounds like it, too. Ok, ok, vocally she's fine, and this time around she looked comfortable on stage, but I feel like heard the same three songs, over and over, from her tonight. So, she gets a pass, but passes don't win hands.

9. Lauren Alaina, If I Die Young - New byline: Hotel maid makes AI top three! Sheesh, horrid outfit. Other than that... Borin' Lauren, same 'ol, same ol. Again, vocally OK but admits she missed a key change and lacks stage presence with the final sit down move almost falling flat on her bumbly butt. Awful song choice and awful wardrobe totally killed it dead.

Results, with Haley and Scotty about tied, and Lauren trailing in her dress far behind:

1. Haley
2. Scotty
3. Lauren

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-11, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rakings - Top 3"
haha. We both have Lauren pigeon-holed in the county fair genre. I think that is telling on her performance skills.

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-18-11, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rakings - Top 3"
For me this was not close!

1st - Haley - I loved all 3 songs, I'm a huge Zeppelin fan and Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks fan. I thought the Zep song was her best with the other two right behind. Even though I don't know that she can get enough votes to beat Scotty, I will be very disapointed if she doesn't win at this point.

2nd - Scotty - I thought he was solid just not anything great or different than what he has done every week. Plus just not my type of music personally. I'm positive he will be in the final I just hope it's against Haley.

3rd - Lauren - This is a distant 3rd for me. Her third song was her best but still not great. After listening back, all three songs sounded the same to me. Not showing versatility and always staying safe and boring. She has no business being in the finale.

Overall - I think Lauren should and will go home! Every week I like Haley more and more! She gets better and better plus takes risks and is anything but boring. The other two bore me some,specifically Lauren.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-18-11, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rakings - Top 3"
Thanks everyone for their comments. I taped the show but have not watched it yet and am not sure I will take the time. Did the judges have a "favorite"?

05-18-11, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rakings - Top 3"
I think they hyped Lauren more than was deserved, but overall they played it pretty level.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-11, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rakings - Top 3"
Watch the Haley songs and skip the rest.

No, I'm not biased at all. Why do you ask?

05-19-11, 00:31 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Rakings - Top 3"
1. Haley. Hands down winner tonight because I think she was the only one to have a memorable performance with the Led Zep number. First, let's be realistic. Mr. Reinhart is not Jimmy Page. Also, she flippin' fell on her arse. The best part for me though was after she fell. She brought it home in spades rocking with 'ol pappy. Rheannon, good but could have been better. I'm trying to remember which video of Fleetwood/Stevie Nix had Stevie with the same wind blowing on her. Unfortunately I think her last song was the least well performed. The funny thing about Haley is that she has great control of her voice, but she really doesn't have a huge range. I don't think she was having trouble with the words but I think she just seems to struggle in that low of register.

2. Scotty. Showed us all how diverse he was by singing country and western. I knew Tyler would like his first song, it's country music's sappy equivalent to Aerosmith's "Don't Want to Miss a Thing". I liked the second song the best of his, but overall I just cant get on the Scotty bandwagon.

3.Lauren. I can't see how she has gotten this far. There really wasn't a dimes worth of difference between any of the 3 songs. Sang well, but something really phony in the performances. I guess I sort of see her as the "Teenage Stepford Idol". I can't see her going anywhere with her career, unless performing at county fairs and your local Ribfest counts.

Hopefully the Haley upsurge which seems to be going on continues. If it's a Scotty/Lauren final I don't think I'll watch. Wouldn't care who wins and not a country music fan.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-11, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rakings - Top 3"
1. Haley - The Zeppelin song was great (and she handled the fall very professionally), Rhiannon was a little flat, and the Alanis song was well suited for her voice. Overall, it was a strong evening for her.

2. Scotty - Thought the first song was ok, the second song was good, and didn't like his rendition of Kenny Rogers. As long as he sticks to pure country songs, he's very good.

3. Lauren - The first two songs were complete duds and the last one was very well done. Even with her strong effort on the last song, she's clearly the weakest of the final three.

Side note: I don't like country music (at all), so a Scotty-Lauren final will result in me not watching the season finale.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-19-11, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rakings - Top 3"
Still pouting over James not dueling it out with Scotty, but now that I've bought the bullet, I see a Hailey/Scotty finale, too.
Hailey is much more versatile and interesting than Lauren. Don't know if it was the song choices, but all along, Hailey has been gaining, while Lauren has been hanging on by a thread. She seems to be resting on the fact that she was hyped up so much in the beginning, that she doesn't seem to think, in her 16 year old brain, that things could actually change and people could tire of her!

Well, I for one, have. I hated Hailey until 2 weeks ago. Now I am calling her the dark horse, the little train that couldn't. She has come out and proven she is one to be reckoned with. She may just take this all home. I would not put it past her!

But I am still rooting for my boy, Scotty-he's just too cute!

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-11, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rakings - Top 3"
1. Haley Reinhart, What Is and What Should Never Be: Easily the best of the night.

2. Scotty McCreery, Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not: Weird guitar caresses and facial expressions, but his best of the night.

3. Haley Reinhart, You Oughta Know: No one but Alanis can pull off the verses, but Haley rocked the bridge and chorus.

4. Lauren Alaina, I Hope You Dance: The best of a boring set for her.

5. Haley Reinhart, Rhiannon: Not a fan of the song, but she did a great job with it.

6. Lauren Alaina, If I Die Young: I thought it suited her better than the country songs.

7. Scotty McCreery, She Believes in Me: Meh.

8. Scotty McCreery, Amazed: Weak.

6. Lauren Alaina, Wild One: Rushed and pitchy.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-21-11, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rakings - Top 3"
My rankings of the songs -- a little late, since I've been busy.

1. Haley Reinhart, "What Is And What Should Never Be" -- she slayed this song!

2. Lauren Alaina, "I Hope You Dance" -- I love this song and she sang it well. Her best of the night.

3. Haley, "Rihannon" -- another song I like, but I like the other two performances more than this one.

4. Scotty McCreery, "She Believes Me In Me" -- I love this song and he sang it well. The other songs were just better.

5. Haley, "You Oughta Know" -- a little weak at first but it soon picked up steam.

6. Scotty, "Amazed" -- just pleasant at first but I liked it more later on.

7. Lauren, "Wild One" -- the more I listen to it, the more I like it.

8. Scotty, "Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not?" -- pleasant but a little cheesy.

9. Lauren, "If I Die Young" -- okay, but not spectacular.

Overall:

1. Haley. She was the best of the night.

2. Scotty. The better of the two country singers.

3. Lauren. She's the weakest one left.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •