The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Where are the Scotty and Lauren fans hiding?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

MarkP 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-20-11, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MarkP Click to send private message to MarkP Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Where are the Scotty and Lauren fans hiding?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-11 AT 12:52 PM (EST)

I feel so alone. I like both of them and have from the beginning. Week after week Scotty has been told to try to reach to vocal ranges which make him sound like Alfalfa singing to Darla (why that was necessary is beyond me - there are plenty of established country stars who don't try to reach where they can't go? ) and Lauren has been reminded by judges and mentors every week about how nervous she is (I am sure that does wonders for her nerves). To me these two young kids have done a tremendous job. In fact I thought the entire season was great. Good singers and more personality than the last nine seasons combined. I would have liked to have seen some actual judging but aside from that I am pleasantly suprised. Could someone please humor me and tell me I am not just getting soft (no Michael Scott comebacks please).

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Where are the Scotty and Lauren... djnew 05-20-11 1
 another Scotty fan jbug 05-20-11 2
 RE: Where are the Scotty and Lauren... Max Headroom 05-20-11 3
 RE: Where are the Scotty and Lauren... grit 05-21-11 4
 RE: Where are the Scotty and Lauren... Estee 05-21-11 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

djnew 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-20-11, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djnew Click to send private message to djnew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Where are the Scotty and Lauren fans hiding?"

Don't feel alone any more. I am a Scotty fan! I have been since day one, and I am very glad he has made as far as he has. I think he just win the whole thing.

I never did jump on the Hayley band wagon. I never did care for her voice. I was sure hoping for a James/Scotty final.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-20-11, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "another Scotty fan "

I didn't care for the "Janis Joplin" voice of Haley - even tho DH would be in love with Janis if she were still around
Most times I couldn't understand half the words Haley was singing.

Lauren? even tho about the same age as Scotty, she's not as mature. We saw Scotty's maturity way back during the group sings.
His reaction to the crowds when he was home was something else. He was so emotional; I liked that.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-11, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Where are the Scotty and Lauren fans hiding?"
Scotty is a very good singer and I won't be disappointed if he wins, but I'm not a fan of country music (at all). I liked Haley, James, and Casey better than Scotty because they sang a variety of song styles.

If Lauren wins? I'll swear off AI again. This was the first season I've watched all the way through in quite a while, and even though my favorite singer finished third, I won't be too upset if Scotty wins as he's a worthy winner.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-21-11, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Where are the Scotty and Lauren fans hiding?"
I'm not a fan of country AT ALL so it makes it hard for me to like these two.

However, I can give Lauren props for her voice. She really does have a great voice. I remember her singing with Steven Tyler after she got her gold ticket and I loved it. But this steady dose of country songs, zero personality, and no stage presence has worn me down.

As for Scotty, I was having a hard time deciding if he had a voice that I like because I was so distracted with the way he slides his notes, wiggles his eyebrows, and holds the mic. Then a few weeks ago, he sang Coldplay's Viva La Vida in a group number with some of the guys. He sang it without a country accent and I loved it. It was the only performance of his that I felt wasn't cheesy and his voice really shone.

Chocolately deliciousness by agman

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-11, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Where are the Scotty and Lauren fans hiding?"
A few of them may have been busy packing for 6 p.m. tonight.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •