The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Down to the top 4: who is going to win?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-08-11, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Down to the top 4: who is going to win?"
Scotty, James, Lauren, Haley. Which one will be the winner?

Will we have a "surprise" winner, like Kris Allen in season 8? Or will we have a repeat of the country star versus the rocker theme, like Carrie versus Bo Bice in season 4? Or some new theme? Who do you think will make the F2? Who is going to win?

I've been thinking it is the season 4 theme repeat for awhile; Scotty versus James. Scotty was pimped by Nigel on a talk show before the season even began. James has been pimped quite a bit, from audition rounds through gentle remarks when emotion overtook his second performance this week. Season 4 was a successful season and launched AI's most successful star. Scotty seems primed to repeat that feat.

Lauren was an early pimp, too, but her confidence issues appear to have them easing her into a third place finish ...I'm guessing she gets the pimp spot this week to seal her votes ( and her fans were already put on notice with her bottom 2 appearance)...and should Lauren go out at third place, then likely the country voters would switch to Scotty in a Scotty/James finale, ensuring a Scotty win.

Unless. Unless Haley dark horses her way into the finale.

I am confused about the show's treatment of Haley. She, like the other three, got ample early exposure. But Haley is the most oft criticized of the F4. She seems to have had a turning point--some may point to Bennie and the Jets, but I'd call it as Rolling in the Deep. Is the show trying to change horses from Lauren to Haley at this late stage?

Do the producers/Jimmy want a female in the F2? Is this the time when James gets edged out for Haley?

Which F2 combo would get the biggest ratings?

I'm thinking James has a solid fan base. And that he has something up his sleeve yet to wow the audience and gain more fans. Something acapella perhaps. Maybe this week with Lieber and Stoller. James adds fun to the night. An F3 or F2 without James would be less fun.

Final answer, before the F4 performs: Scotty for the win because the country voters are that strong. James for the runner up. Lauren in third. Haley out this week, with no more pimp spot placement to help her. If Lauren chokes this week, then just switch up Lauren and Haley.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Down to the top 4: who is goin... cahaya 05-08-11 1
 Easy answer. Estee 05-08-11 2
   RE: Easy answer. zazzy 05-09-11 5
 RE: Down to the top 4: who is goin... Belle Book 05-08-11 3
   RE: Down to the top 4: who is goin... zazzy 05-09-11 4
 RE: Down to the top 4: who is goin... Max Headroom 05-09-11 6
   RE: Down to the top 4: who is goin... zazzy 05-09-11 7
       RE: Down to the top 4: who is goin... Snidget 05-11-11 14
 RE: Down to the top 4: who is goin... frodis 05-09-11 8
 RE: Down to the top 4: who is goin... bleespoorpa 05-10-11 9
 RE: Down to the top 4: who is goin... emydi 05-10-11 10
 Minors and contracts. Estee 05-11-11 11
   RE: Minors and contracts. Snidget 05-11-11 13
   RE: Minors and contracts. Maroonclown 05-12-11 18
 RE: Down to the top 4: who is goin... Snidget 05-11-11 12
   RE: Down to the top 4: who is goin... zazzy 05-11-11 15
       RE: Down to the top 4: who is goin... Snidget 05-11-11 16
 RE: Down to the top 4: who is goin... csnumber23 05-12-11 17
 The bookies say... cahaya 05-12-11 19
   RE: The bookies say... zazzy 05-12-11 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-08-11, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Down to the top 4: who is going to win?"
Starting from the bottom, I wouldn't be surprised if Lauren is next out, as the soft cookie that crumbles. Haley is tougher and savvier than she is, having already upped her game after almost being eliminated much earlier.

While Scotty looks good and he is endearing to the younger audience as well as the country fans, I think James is the one who will continue to garner votes from a broader spectrum of viewers. James is much more versatile with a stronger stage and camera presence, so I would give him the nod to win it all.

In short, from the top, James, Scotty, Haley, and Lauren in that order.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-11, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Easy answer."
The winner will be the contestant who's the majority subject of viewer sexual fantasies.

Singing does not come into play.

05-09-11, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Easy answer."
Interesting theory, but that does not explain every idol winner...

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-08-11, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Down to the top 4: who is going to win?"
I think we're going to have a shocker in the Final 4 ... and that shocker will be Scotty going home! James has his own fanbase, he's probably picked up votes from Stefano's fans and he's more versatile than Scotty; Haley's got Casey's fans; Lauren and Scotty's splitting the country votes; and Lauren's fans will be voting like crazy since Lauren was in the Bottom 3 while Scotty's fans may well relax.

After that, Haley will probably go home as Lauren will pick up many of Scotty's country fans and James has been more consistent and been picking up a broader spectrum of fans.

This will put James and Lauren in the finale and the winner will be ... James, with Lauren the runner-up.

05-09-11, 08:23 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Down to the top 4: who is going to win?"
That's a good theory! Ryan did tell Scotty he had never been bottom 2...did that lull Scotty fans into complacency?

However, Scotty has a shot at singing an Elvis song this week and possibly Stand By Me, as well. And I don't think he's had the pimp spot yet!

You have made this week more interesting! Will Scotty get Daughtry'd?

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-11, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Down to the top 4: who is going to win?"
As the best performer by far, I think James is a shoo-in to win. To me the only suspense is the finish order of the other three contestants. As for that finish order...

Lauren is out of gas and is likely to end in 4th place. Her overall singing style may divide the country vote to the extent where Scotty temporarily drops to the bottom two, but Scotty won't be in any real danger at that point.

Haley has shown big-time improvement over the past few weeks, and it'll get her to the final three. After Lauren's departure, Scotty will be swimming in country votes, and James has consistently pulled high vote totals, leaving Haley with a somewhat unlucky 3rd place finish.

The final showdown between James and Scotty will be a big one, but James is more versatile and a better on-stage performer, leaving Scotty as the runner-up and James the winner.

05-09-11, 11:00 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Down to the top 4: who is going to win?"
James-Scoty-Haley as the win-place-show would be the more diverse F3.

However, there are reports of Lauren being slated to perform in a benefit concert for tornado victims on her F3 homecoming trip.

OK, later they changed it "if" she makes the F3...but come on. It's AI. It was in the newspaper there.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-11, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Down to the top 4: who is going to win?"
Given the amount of time it takes to organize a home town parade and concert I think every year all of the top 4 (and maybe 5-6) people have something scheduled before the top 4 performance show.

I can't recall, but I think usually the people that don't make the top 3 for the televised home coming thing usually still do the concert and all that. They have everything set up and still have a lot of home town fans to perform for.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-11, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Down to the top 4: who is going to win?"
I hope Haley makes the final 3 so that I can go to another parade.

I think Scotty is your American Idol this season.

bleespoorpa 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-10-11, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bleespoorpa Click to send private message to bleespoorpa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Down to the top 4: who is going to win?"
This is my favorite reality show!

http://american-idol-episodes-online.blogspot.com/

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-11, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Down to the top 4: who is going to win?"
agree with your order z..I changed my PTTE yday to this order before I read this post!

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-11, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Minors and contracts."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-11 AT 05:35 PM (EST)

Should Lauren or Scotty win, what happens when they hit eighteen? Do the show's binding clauses automatically expire (as their parents would have had to sign for them and adults negotiate for themselves), forcing the producers to give their star something approaching real terms and even the gawds-forbid chance of creative control? We may see depimping just because they'll be able to control James and Haley for the full duration.

05-11-11, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Minors and contracts."
Jordin was only OMG 17 when she won, so I assume whatever they used to keep her contractually they will do with Scotty or Lauren.

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-11, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Minors and contracts."
Should Lauren or Scotty win, what happens when they he hits eighteen?

Really? Really. Haven't you been paying attention?

05-11-11, 06:05 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Down to the top 4: who is going to win?"
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm still seeing Scotty for the win.

He's from NC and we haven't had a finalist for awhile, and he usually gets the most states every week on Dial Idol, so I think his support may be a bit broader than just country (has the middle aged grandma vote, IMO).

James is IMO likely the other finalist, more of a West Coast and gets the Rocker Vote.

I think Hayley edges out Lauren this week as Hayley is getting Casey's voters, and Adam's been splitting the Adam Lambert fan vote by supporting her. Some will go with James, but I think a fair amount will go for Hayley so Adam's favorite stays in.

A lot depends on if they shore up Lauren enough after last week's devastation. I dunno if she's got the skills to take that and turn it into a fighting spirit or not.

If Lauren goes Scotty gets her votes, and then for the other finalist it really depends, IMO, how the Adam fan base splits, but I think James has more broad appeal than Hayley.

05-11-11, 07:02 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Down to the top 4: who is going to win?"
"and Adam's been splitting the Adam Lambert fan vote by supporting her. Some will go with James, but I think a fair amount will go for Hayley so Adam's favorite stays in."

Wow. Adam's fans are that sheeple-ish? And do they outnumber VFTW? Who did VFTW pick, anyway?

05-11-11, 07:11 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Down to the top 4: who is going to win?"
Well there are those with enough delusion that maybe Adam is bisexual...they'll do anything to get on his good side and see if they can change his mind.

VFTW is currently a toss-up between James and Hayley, so it will depend who campaigns the most for their votes during tonight's performance.

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-12-11, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Down to the top 4: who is going to win?"
Before tonight's show I would have gone with Lauren going home, then Haley next week with the Finale being James and Scotty. The winner being James.

I am still sticking with that order but they clearly want Lauren in and Haley out. They barely gave criticism to anyone all season but yet have to Haley about 5 times. They, (judges) or the producers imo have wanted Lauren, Scotty and James final 3.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-11, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "The bookies say..."
From a well-established site that accepts bets, but I won't provide the link.

Thursday, May 12

Scott McCreery
3/2

James Durbin
8/5

Haley Reinhart
7/2

Lauren Alaina
11/2

05-12-11, 12:38 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The bookies say..."
I looked at google trends for the F4 and Lauren had the least heat. However, internet searches does not necessarily equal voters.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •