The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Top 8 - Movie Night"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-14-11, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Top 8 - Movie Night"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-11 AT 08:42 AM (EST)

I watched the show live last night, and I have some strong feelings about where we are in this competition.

I have to agree with Randy and JLo to a point. The talent this season is great, and what I love more than anything else is we have a very diverse/eclectic mix of singers with distinct styles. Although Nigel hasn't been 100% true to his word, for MOST of this season, the contestants have had the ability to stay in their preferred genre. Also, with the help of Jimmy, this style has been allowed to blossem. This is how i've been ranking the kids so far this season. Vocally, this is perhaps the strongest season we've had...but artistically, there are definate lines that can be drawn.

1) Casey - The true musician of the season. He knows who he is, and he knows where he wants to go musically. My favorite from day 1 and my favorite last night. He stuck to his guns, and he shined.

2) Scotty - Casey has the edge on Scotty due to his musicianship, but otherwise, I could say the same about both. Scotty knows where he belongs, and he hasn't tried to stray from that at all.

3) James - Again, I sound like a broken record, but its true - James knows who James is and where James belongs. To see the above three go AGAINST the better judgement of Jimmy was great. And all three shined the most last night.

-- BREAK --

4) Paul - I don't think anyone, even Paul, knows exactly what genre to put Paul in. His secret weapon is his voice, and I think this guy is the most eclectic of the batch this year. My only gripe against him is that with song choice, he's all over the map. We haven't seen him repeat the "WOW" moment from Vegas where he did "Blackbird". I think Paul is simply having fun...but is that enough?

5) Lauren - She has the voice, but I'm not sure she knows where she wants to take it. Initially she was a country girl, but since then she has also been all over the map.

6) Stefano - I'm being a broken record again. Where does Stefano belong? R&B? Ballads? I don't know.

7) Haley - She has the pipes, she is just inconsistent with them. Her problem is song choice - BIG TIME.

8) Jacob - Jacob is the classic case of peaking too soon, and then getting way too full of himself. In Hollywood he WOW'd everyone (including myself) with "God Bless The Child". Since then, its been sporadic, and I think America is getting tired of him. He actually chose "Impossible Dream"? Jacob needs to have a little fun on the stage, and not take every song choice so damn serious. They don't all have to have a message he believes in. I do think his comments last week did some damage.

That is how I see it so far this season. I'd love to see a Casey/Scotty/James Final Three. Country vs. Rock vs. Jazz? That would cap off a great season. I just hope America sees things like I do....which I doubt.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Top 8 - Movie Night Corvis 04-14-11 1
 RE: Rankings - Top 8 - Movie Night cahaya 04-14-11 2
 RE: Rankings - Top 8 - Movie Night emydi 04-14-11 3
   RE: Rankings - Top 8 - Movie Night zazzy 04-14-11 4
 RE: Rankings - Top 8 - Movie Night Max Headroom 04-14-11 5
 RE: Rankings - Top 8 - Movie Night JoJo B 04-14-11 6
 RE: Rankings - Top 8 - Movie Night Belle Book 04-14-11 7
   RE: Rankings - Top 8 - Movie Night JoJo B 04-14-11 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-14-11, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 - Movie Night"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-11 AT 08:40 AM (EST)

My list is pretty similar to yours, geekboy.

1) Casey - He's really turned it around in the last few weeks. Last night's performance was unique. I am really digging him. He was a good choice for the save.

2) James - He's a performer who knows who he is and he's not going to compromise. Although I did love the moment when Jimmy asked him, "Do you think I'm an accident? I can tell a hit song before it's played on piano, just from someone humming it." Still I am really enjoying James' performances even if he is a little too big for his britches.

3) Lauren - Big change this week singing The Climb after the terribly inappropriate song last week. It suited her well and I think she's going to be the last woman standing. And she could make it all the way to the F3.

4) Scotty - I admit I fast-forwarded Scotty last night. It's not that he's not good, he is, but I don't like country and I finally got sick of him. Still good enough to be fourth on my list.

5) Stefano - Great performance this week. Really may have saved himself with that one.

6) Haley - Not bad. But not great either.

7) Paul - I am getting to the point where I am over Paul. His quirkiness isn't enough - he has to really sing something now.

8) Jacob - Can't stand him. I am so glad I didn't have to listen him murder my favorite song, The Impossible Dream.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-14-11, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 - Movie Night"
1. Casey - Cool vibes. Oh, yeah, I dig it. At first I wondered where he was heading with this, but after the first few bars and the rhythm kicked in, it was classic. Casey looks kind of fragile out there, but he's on very solid musical ground. One of my favs he's done so far, one thumb up, with one thumb on the bass with the finishing note. Most of America won't buy it, but some of America will pay treble.

2. Scotty - Exactly what we can expect from Scotty, certainly album-worthy. The only thing I didn't care much for was the chorus trio that was in on about half of his song, which I didn't think mixed very well with his voice. He's comfortable on stage and into the song. Of course, thumbs up. He makes Paul look like a pretender.

3. James - Was this more about James or the guitarist? He definitely belongs in a metal band, screaming away. He's actually good at it. The judges almost sent him over the top, though... I was actually half afraid James would start spiraling out of control non-stop, but fortunately he checked it, barely. Thumbs up. This guy isn't going anywhere tomorrow night.

4. Lauren - A pretty good performance by Lauren, picking a song well-suited for her voice and style. But the clothing style needs some work - that looked like an upside-down black umbrella around her waist. Thumbs up, partly for the performance, partly because I don't want to see another lass disappear this week.

5. Stefano - Well, well, well, maybe Stefano Langone isn't Stefano Longgone quite yet. This was perhaps his best performance to date. Although he looked like he was in pain at times, he sang it fairly well, quick on the rhythm in the fast parts, good timing on the slow parts, and vocally sound. Thumbs up.

6. Jacob - A good, soulful rendition of this song. The downside is this performance is exactly what you'd expect from Jacob. While he has a gifted, characteristic voice of his own, it's predictable. He's superb at what he does, but he doesn't do much else. Still... a provisional thumbs up as I still like listening to him on stage this season, even if I wouldn't buy his albums.

7. Haley - More a visual (and sexually suggestive) performance than a vocal one, Hayley was sliding notes left and right, up and down. And that ooo-ooo almost did sound like a cow's moo-ooo. Not a pass in my books. But why are the judges waiting until now to give a single shred of critique, with only two lasses still in the comp? Sure, Hayley doesn't really deserve to be in the top half dozen, but let's level the playing field, yeah?

8. Paul - A typical Paul performance and certainly not among the best versions of this classic song I've heard or seen performed. His was a shouty, bone-jangling performance that drew more attention to his outfit and huge shiny white teeth than his song. Of course, the judges lapped it up. One sniff, and I wouldn't touch it.

Wayang kulit puppet show by tribe

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-11, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 - Movie Night"
1. Paul - who else! another rose suit and incoherence thruout the song!! Awesome. Idol lip synchs saxes too! But that was pure Paul on the tambourine! He may be in trouble bc he was in anti pimp spot

2. Scotty-I don't know why I like this corny kid so much but I do, he is getting a bit too safe though

3. James-you gotta give it to him for doing metal on idol I like him this way so much more than the ballady James from last week

4. Haley-I liked this and like Steven I like her dress too but I wouldn't look it up like him--oh brother mclown take care of your boy please!

5. Jacob-meh this was a boring song but I guess he did it well, he was trying to be humble after last week seemed fake to me

6. Casey-I did not like this at all. I thought he shd have done Phil and had the drum solo like Paul's sax solo. But the grunting and looks were appreciated.

7. Lauren-I hated it too safe Miley Cyrus, please. At least she didn't do Steven's song again.

8. Stefano-boring it's the end of the road for him I hope

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-14-11, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 - Movie Night"
Anti-pimp spot....lol. Singing first--no one has gone home this year in the top 13 from singing first. Only Casey would have, but the producers/judges took care of it with the save.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-11, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 - Movie Night"
1. Casey - Though a bit unconventional, he has well-rounded talent, isn't afraid to try different things, and is fun to watch. You never know what you'll get from him, but it's almost always good.

2. James - The best perfomer of all the finalists, but not the best singer. Even so, I'd pay decent money to see him at a concert.

3. Scotty - Though I don't like country music, Scotty is very polished and proficient at it. Still, he's unlikely to be mainstream enough to win.

4. Lauren - Great voice but not quite sure where she wants to go musically.

5. Haley - With better song choices she'd be a little higher on my list, but I don't see her winning this thing. I love "Call Me" and was very disappointed with her version last night.

6. Stefano - Terribly overrated, and lucky to have made it this far.

7. Jacob - I don't like him at all, but usually I listen to the first 30 seconds of his song before hitting the DVR fast forward button. Unlike Paul, at least he can sing a little.

8. Paul - An automatic, immediate DVR fast-forward whenever he's doing whatever it is he does. I have no clue why he's still around.

JoJo B 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-14-11, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoJo%20B Click to send private message to JoJo%20B Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 - Movie Night"
James- Wow, I thought he was fantastic. The guy has the heavy metal chops, and I enjoyed his performance. Saved the best for last!

Scotty- I love this kid. I don't think he will win the whole thing, but I do see him becoming the success story of the season. I would have liked him to do the other song... it would have taken him out of the same old same old rut that he is putting himself in. He was great last week doing Elvis, and I wish he would have stayed there. I don't mean do another Elvis song, but something upbeat and just a tad less country. I know he can do it.

Casey- He made me feel as if I should be sitting in a smoky lounge snapping my fingers and saying cool, cool. However, if it is true that all the tweens are doing the voting, I don't think Casey will be around next week. I don't think they will get that performance. I did, and I thought it was brilliant.

Lauren- Yes, she went there... she sang Miley!! I thought it was funny when they told she was better than Miley, who isn't? I am not a fan of miss Miley, and Lauren did do it better! She has a super voice.. she will make it to the top three I think.

Paul- He has fun, doesn't he? and he is cute as can be. I enjoy his voice, it's different and you know it's Paul, and I had as much fun watching him, as he had performing. That being said, I know a lot of people have had enough of Paul, and his suits... Paul will be in the bottom this week.

Stefano- I got to hand it to him, he was good this week, but then again I never really think he is awful either. I think sometimes he is forgettable, but I don't think he will be in the bottom this week.

Jacob- Why don't I like him? He has a nice voice, a beautiful instrument. I guess I just don't care for his style of singing. I have never been a fan of Jacob's ... but man the judges just love this guy. Oh, and as a former Claymate... Clay did it WAY better, just saying.

Hayley- I hated it! She sounds like she is getting ready to cough something up when she sings.. and last night I thought she did. It was about time the judges said something non favorable, even though Jennifer begged for her not be booted! It was the worst of the night, and sorry she needs to go.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-14-11, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 - Movie Night"
Here are my rankings:

1. Stefano -- I'm only putting him up here because I liked his song more. I think James is the better performer.

2. James -- although I think this was the best performance, I just don't like heavy metal. At all.

3. Jacob -- I have to take points off for singing a song that Clay Aikens slayed, but that was Jimmy Iovine's fault.

4. Lauren -- have to take points off for her song choice, but she sang it well.

5. Scotty -- he sings country. And almost always, only country. It's already worn thin with me. Sorry.

6. Haley -- it was a bad song choice, but at least she didn't massacre it like Carmen Rasmussen did in Season 2!

7. Casey -- I like Nat King Cole, but I don't really like this song. And the arrangement was just plain weird!

8. Paul -- I love the song, but Paul's performance did not soothe my soul -- it irritated it!

JoJo B 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-14-11, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoJo%20B Click to send private message to JoJo%20B Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 - Movie Night"
Scotty -- he sings country. And almost always, only country. It's already worn thin with me. Sorry.

That's probably because he is a country singer.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •