The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-03-11, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Since geekboy is MIA.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls mrc 03-03-11 1
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls Estee 03-03-11 2
 The Sweet, the Tart, and the Bitter cahaya 03-03-11 3
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls emydi 03-03-11 4
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls Belle Book 03-03-11 5
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls Tummy 03-03-11 6
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls csnumber23 03-03-11 7
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls frodis 03-04-11 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-11, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Is it just me, or is there a lack of blondes this season? I'm not complaining, but it stood out to me.

1. Lauren A.: Easily the best for me. I had just told DW that she reminded me of a cross b/w Kelly and Carrie when Randy read my mind.

2. Lauren T.: Very good. Her looks will likely hurt her w/ voters, but I liked her a lot.

3. Naima: See #2.

4. Pia: I thought she was good, but the tongue bath was a little over the top.

5. Haley: Good, but her inexperience showed.

6. Karen: Passable.

7. Kendra: Decent, but she was buried in a bad spot and probably won't last.

8. Rachel: A fragile diva in the making.

9. Thia: I'm not overly impressed with her. She's okay, esp. for age 15/16.

10. Julie: High hopes for her, but she chose the wrong song. She could be in trouble w/ voters, but the judges will save her.

11. Ashton: Who?

12. Ta-Tynisa: Horrible.

A Slice of Manga

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-11, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
1. Naima. The only time in two nights of performances where I actually felt as if I was watching for a reason other than self-torture for more than twenty seconds in a row.

2. Thia. The Voice That Launched A Thousand Princess Cruises.

3. Pia. Glory notes for the sake of glory notes are going to get old fast. The first one was pointless, the second reinforced your need to show off, and every one after that is going to cost you votes.

4. Rachel. So what's wrong with a bit of Broadway, especially when it's better than two-thirds of what came out? The only one other than Naima to take a chance with her stage presentation and physical arrangement -- and the only one to be tied to the train tracks because of it. Someone in the higher ranks wants her out -- let VFTW prevail.

5. Lauren A. The fact that I want her removed from all media presence forever doesn't mean I'm going to automatically put her at the bottom. See? My standards are already more flexible than hers.

6. Lauren T. Somewhat competent. Has a good sense of where her strengths lie, if not her limitations. Needs to grab Wardrobe by their collective neck and start choking.

7. Kendra. So blonde. So tightly clothed. So generic. So very boring.

8. Ashton. 'And here the svck began'.

9. Karen. No strength, no conviction, no presentation skills, and managed to fail in two languages simultaneously. Too bad the theme weeks are dead: if the show ever got desperate enough to go J-Pop, she might become the YouTube meme for epic fail...

10. Ta-Tynisa. Imagine how bad she would have been if she'd had any concept of the lyrics. Oh, and for the record, the stink you were wrinkling your nose at? That was yours.

11. Haley. The female Clint. And there is no way that could ever possibly work out to a compliment.

12. Julie. I spent the entire performance wishing Kelly would storm out of the wings, march up to Julie, and punch her in the face.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-11, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "The Sweet, the Tart, and the Bitter"

Rankings, with comments drawn from ECST, as usual.

The Sweet

1. Pia Toscano - Well! And well placed. A superb song performance approaching perfection without a flaw in note, tone, or volume. Here's what some of the other gals tried to do but failed. My only concern is that she'll need to mix it up in coming weeks. Week after week of this type of performance will lose her votes. Voters have short attention spans.
(Move over, Julia, Pia just took your place on my couch.)

2. Thia Megia - Nice performance by Thia, another of my fav ladies. She has a soft yet clear voice with a pleasing tone that could go with almost any song. She's a fairly sure bet to make the cut, but she'll need to mix things up in the coming weeks if she doesn't want to be typecast into the same song genre. Even during the auditions she was very shy, and if anything becomes her downfall, it's her genuine shyness.
(Thia is the other gal on my couch.)

3. Lauren Alaina - Fairly good, entertaining performance, the equivalent of a rock concert filler song. She sure looks a lot older than 16 and I think it has to do with the makeup and tightly packed jeans. I enjoyed watching her and she'll get the votes (wild card in case America gets it wrong) but I'm not as enthused as the panelists are about her.

4. Karen Rodriguez - Heroic indeed. Wonderfully done, genuine, completely at ease, and right on with each and every note, with nice switch-ups. Here's what some of the other gals earlier tonight were trying to do. She got preferential camera treatment and knew how to play up to it, even if it meant putting her back to the judges and audience. She clearly could be a front runner amongst the gals, and becoming a fav of mine.

The Tart

5. Naima Adedapo - It's fitting she picked a Gershwin song and even what she wore, given the voice she has. She's in the wrong era, should be somewhere between the Roaring '20's and the late 40's big bands. Did you see that one long sustain where almost her entire face was her open mouth? Wow. Very nice voice, easy to listen to, genuine on stage, I like her. I just wonder if she'll be relevant in 2011.

6. Lauren Turner - Although she doesn't have a stellar voice (I'm sounding like Steven here, yikes), that was a perfectly packaged fast-rhythm & backups arrangement that showed her strengths without drowning her out. The wardrobe department didn't quite succeed with her, though, in masking the midriff she's got. This has nothing to do with how she sings or performs, but it's part of what has already been referred to as "the total package". I liked this performance, although I'm not that impressed by her voice.

7. Ashthon Jones - Not bad, good sass and looks comfortable on stage. Fairly good voice and moves, she'll only get better with more experience. A provisional thumbs up.

8. Kendra Chantelle - Impossible, indeed. Vocally, she was ok, but it looked and sounded forced, especially that last sustain note that fell flat. We've heard much better. Nor was she entertaining, straining her moves and facial expressions in a way that didn't match up with the lyrics, but instead showed the effort she needed to try to stay on track. Unless the other ladies fail tonight, she'll likely be out.

And the Bitter

9. Julie Zorrilla - Whoops, wrong song. No clue why she picked one of Kelly's songs. She has a good voice and fairly good stage presence, but she looks and sounds tentative. I've liked this gal from the start, but I see her end coming. She is lovely (*swoon and sigh*). Alas, this is not a beauty contest.

10. Rachel Zevita - Yes, that was criminal - of the high risk variety. And this isn't about the song. Rather, she broke stagecraft law by running up steps in super-high heels that she probably is wearing for the first time. Did you see any emotion in that song? Me either. I was actually reminded of Chenbot when I watched her. Vocally ok, but her stage presence is completely out of kilter.

11. Haley Reinhart - Ick. I did not like that at all. Way overacted, self indulgent, and completely missed the spirit of the song by Alicia Keys. She's talented, I guess, not not my cup of tea, nor this show's. Even as a guy I found the in-song shimmy a bit creepy. Another likely cut - I hope.

12. Ta-Tynisa Wilson - The dress, hem and high shoes is a failed attempt at giving her that girly look. Oh, this is a song competition, not a fashion show. Her notes were both all over the place and monotonous and the sustains failed to reach the rafters. The loud music masked some of her vocal shortcomings, but not all of them. Looks and sounds like one of this week's cuts. To borrow Estee’s newly coined word: Promerific!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-11, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Although the gals were better overall by a lot, I think that the guys that get thru will have a bigger presence

So much fodder....so little time.

1. Rachel- I really like her for personal reasons about my sister. But, I think she can sing and perform. I think she's different than Siobhan. I hope she squeaks out from under the wheels of Nigel's bus.

2. Lauren Turner-I really liked this song choice and how she sang it. Unfortunately, even though some say it isn't a beauty contest, it really is...tweens are the majority of voters...and the frauen don't vote for gals.

3. Thia-I was pleasantly surprised by her and this song. I hope she makes it through despite AI's history with Asian contestants. Look at the track record...

4. Naima-I liked her arrangement and her dress...just glad that it had sleeves (armpits)

5. Karen- I liked this esp the Spanish I'm not sure she will get through. I think it may be between her and Julie

6. Pia-meh I sort of drifted away while watching her. Overpimped. She did take over for julie, cahaya.

7. Lauren Alaina-I don't like this girl much but she has a voice and no chance of her not going thru

8. Kendra-who? ok but fodder with capital F

9. Ashton-meh *points* "you know what I'm talking about"

10. Julie-such a bad song and she was whiny... she was pimped with the sky and clouds She gets thru on wc imho

11. Ta-Ti-forgettable fodder

12. Haley-I really do not like this girl and she cannot sing. the grunting makes it worse

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-03-11, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
1. Pia Toscano -- that was quite a way to end the show!
2. Thia Megia -- my favorite delivered a great performance!
3. Lauren Alaina -- country's not my cup of tea but she did just fine with her song!
4. Lauren Turner -- she needed a stunning performance. She got a very good one. Is it enough? I don't know.

Gap --

5. Ashthon Jones -- the best of the rest.
6. Naima Adedapo -- bad choice of song, great idea of doing it in a jazzy style.
7. Karen Rodriguez -- another bad choice of song, but doing some of the lyrics in Spanish was a smart choice.
8. Kendra Chantelle -- just didn't stand out enough.
9. Haley Reinhart -- an overdone song and she wasn't great.
10. Rachel Zevita -- she should've done something else.
11. Ta-Tynisia Wilson -- dead meat.
12. Julie Zorilla -- Kelly Clarkson? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-03-11, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
1. Naima - love her individuality. And she's got pipes.

2. Lauren - It seems she can sing anything.

3 and 4 (interchangable). Karen/Thia - Love their clear voices.

5. Rachel - love her personality. A big boom in a little body.

6. Lauren T. - Very good.

7. Pia - Not as good as the judges thought but..

8. Julie - So, she's probably worse than Haley, but I don't care for Haley at.all.

9. Haley - Annoys me

10/11. Ashton/Kendra - I don't remember either of these. At all.

12. Ta-Tynisa - Horrible

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-03-11, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"

1 - Lauren A - the most talented in my opinion
2 - Haley - I liked it a lot
3 - Pia - very good but standing O?
4 - Rachel - I like her but she is in trouble I think
5 - Julie - I like her but didn't like the song choice
6 - Lauren T - solid performance
7 - Karen - so-so
8 - Naima - not bad
9 - Ashton - not crazy about her performance
10 - Kendra - meh
11 - Thia - wanted to fall asleep
12 - Ta-tynisa - horrible and should not have even made the top 24

Overall - I think Lauren A and Pia are safe but not sure after that. I'm hoping for Haley, Rachel and Julie

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-04-11, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
I know I'm late with these and a bunch of them don't matter anymore, but why not rank 'em anyway.

Naima I didn't particularly like the arrangement of the song but I thought she sang it well and I like her voice. She also gets bonus points for singing "For All We Know" as her sing-for-your-life song, as that song is in my top 5 favorite songs of all time and makes me cry every time I hear it.

Thia I liked that she took a more reserved approach to her performance rather than trying to blow the doors off the place like so many of the others did. More bonus points for singing an excellent song.

Lauren T. I liked her attitude and personality and her singing was pretty great, too. It was sad to see that she already knows that she isn't what America votes for.

Lauren A. Cute. Not sure I love her but she'll be around a while.

Haley She tried too hard with this performance and it didn't seem genuine. I get the feeling that she'd do better with a more sincere performance. Full disclosure: I know someone who knows her. This means nothing for me, personally, but back in January he told me that she had tried out and had made it to Hollywood and to watch for her, so I was curious to see her and happy (for him and for her family) to see that she'd made it to the top 24 and top 13.

Karen I thought she was making a grave mistake choosing to sing the Mariah Carey song that should be banned from this show but she actually did well with it.

Rachel I liked her. I know she was the Worster choice but I thought she had a shot to make it without them backing her. Guess I was wrong.

Pia I didn't love it as much as everyone else did. I chalked it up to hearing it differently at home than they heard it live. Or aliens.

Ashton It seemed like a very weird, kind of spiteful performance. Was she going for that? She seemed peeved about something. I don't really get why they put her through so I'm just hoping that she's not just there to be first-vote-out fodder.

Kendra Forgot about her while she was singing. Had a weird "I'm going to eat your offspring" vibe when talking to the camera.

Ta-Tynisa I didn't find her to be particularly interesting. That dress was terrible.

Julie Lost the song early, never got it back. It was almost sad and painful to watch her flounder around out there while watching the song eat her, bite by excruciating bite. Someone should have given her the Old Yeller treatment halfway through that performance. It would have been the merciful thing to do.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •