The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sweetness and light and 3-0 votes."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-21-11, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sweetness and light and 3-0 votes."
Apparently Simon took the conflict ball with him, because the most argument we've gotten out of these three is about which one gets to say 'Yes!' first. And that's being resolved by 'I get to go first this time? Okay!' Split decisions have become virtually invisible, and the always rare 1-2 with the passing judge desperately trying to talk the others around may be extinct. Yes, we're only two auditions in and it's early for making the call -- but right now, you get more disharmony in a 500-Marine simul-salute. And it's hard to see that changing any time soon.

The ultimate insult? To date, they're voting like hamsters. And never is heard a dissenting word...

They learned how to say 'yes' and 'no', but only as a unit.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sweetness and light and 3-0 vot... Max Headroom 01-21-11 1
   RE: Sweetness and light and 3-0 vot... Estee 01-21-11 2
 RE: Sweetness and light and 3-0 vot... cahaya 01-21-11 3
 RE: Sweetness and light and 3-0 vot... kidflash212 01-24-11 4
   RE: Sweetness and light and 3-0 vot... Estee 01-24-11 5
 RE: Sweetness and light and 3-0 vot... Glow 01-25-11 6
   RE: Sweetness and light and 3-0 vot... Estee 01-25-11 7
   RE: Sweetness and light and 3-0 vot... CTgirl 01-28-11 10
 A pattern emerges. Estee 01-28-11 8
   RE: A pattern emerges. cahaya 01-28-11 9
       RE: A pattern emerges. CTgirl 01-28-11 11
           RE: A pattern emerges. Estee 01-31-11 12
       RE: A pattern emerges. Belle Book 01-31-11 14
 And then you wake up the next morni... Estee 01-31-11 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-11, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sweetness and light and 3-0 votes."
What AI needs is a bad-tempered but realist British judge like Piers Morgan on America's Got Talent.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-21-11, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sweetness and light and 3-0 votes."
I was with you up until the P word.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-11, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sweetness and light and 3-0 votes."
Last night towards the end of the show, I was thinking 'this season is AI lite'.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-24-11, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sweetness and light and 3-0 votes."
What's the record for number of commercials in a single program? I watched for about 20 minutes the other night and saw 17 minutes of commercials.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

01-24-11, 01:43 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Sweetness and light and 3-0 votes."
Whatever it is, The Biggest Loser holds it.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-11, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sweetness and light and 3-0 votes."
I haven't watched a second of this show yet. I kept saying I wasn't going to but I wasn't sure if I could do it (or if I could not do it).

Is there any reason I should?

01-25-11, 01:48 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Sweetness and light and 3-0 votes."
'Because I've never seen a train wreck!' is always good.

Then again, you're a reality TV viewer. You've seen more train wrecks than Gomez Addams.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-11, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Sweetness and light and 3-0 votes."
Watch it for Steven Tyler. He is having a good time and is funny. (His face lift is bothersome though!)

01-28-11, 09:04 AM (EST)
8. "A pattern emerges."
On the very rare occasion when we do have a dissenting vote, it's always Jennifer.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-11, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A pattern emerges."
And I haven't found myself in disagreement with her solo 'no's either.

It seems that Randy, when having to make a choice, always sides with Tyler. I think it has less to do with Tyler (or even the contestant) than it does with his 'when in doubt, say yes'.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-11, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A pattern emerges."
I could definitely see Jennifer taking over the Simon role. She assesses the whole package not just the looks or the voice. She sounds more like a producer than the other two do.

01-31-11, 10:56 AM (EST)
12. "RE: A pattern emerges."
As long as she doesn't go Kara and assess every performer based only on their commercial potential. And for Kara, that was 'number of commercials potentially able to appear in'. (If Kara was the lone judge and voter, your winner would be Peyton Manning.)

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-31-11, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: A pattern emerges."
Sometimes, Randy might go the "when in doubt, say yes" route, but other times (like the one with the former Miss Teen USA), I think it's because the person's a pretty girl.

01-31-11, 11:00 AM (EST)
13. "And then you wake up the next morning with 6,000 people in your bed."
Another consequence of just not being able to say no: we're seeing record numbers of golden tickets being handed out. Compare the end-of-episode count to those given out in prior seasons. We're not seeing a flood of unstoppable talent produced by lowering the application age: this is a direct result of giving Economy seats to anyone who can come within three octaves of a note one try out of twenty.

At this rate, Hollywood Week is going to have every hotel, motel, and alleyway in a twenty-mile radius booked to capacity. We're easily on track to get four hundred (or more) wanna-bes -- and unless the judges locate their spines, eardrums, and vocal cords in a hurry, they will be in no shape to cut that number down.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •