The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Finale - Top 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-25-10, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Finale - Top 2"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-10 AT 10:27 PM (EST)

I sat on this for an hour. I have to say that was perhaps the most boring and disappointing Idol finales ever. I was really let down tonight. I expected Lee to come out guns a'blazing. I was expecting some surprise finale-worthy song choices. Hmm. On to the rankings

1) Crystal - On The Mountain - I have to say I hated the song. What a terrible pick for a first single. As my wife said 'What radio station is ever going to play that song?' and I agree. On the other hand, Crystal sang the $@&* out of that song. Well done.
2) Lee - Beautiful Day - I have to say I was impressed with how Lee handled this song unlike the judges. His best of the night. I wanted more of this from him.
3) Crystal - Me & Bobby McGee - I was hoping she would bring back the 'Leave A LIght On' song, but this was my #2 pick and she did it well.
4) Crystal - Black Velvet - Terrible song choice for Crystal in my opinion, but she did the best she could with it. Its not her vibe, but obviously she didn't pick it.
5) Lee - Everybody Hurts - Good song choice, but he unfortunately didn't bring it. This song offered him some chances that he didn't take, sadly.
6) Lee - The Boxer - Good song, pretty good vocals, but overall a dreadfully dull performance. Shake it up a bit, it is the finale.

I don't know who is going ot win, and honestly, I don't have a preference. I like both of these finalists, and in the end does it matter who wins? I was just disappointed with the finale overall. Not the contestants.

Looking forward to a new and fresher American Idol 10. You?

geekboy

ETA: I posted this, and then decided to come back and add an opinion. In the grand scheme of things, it DOES matter who wins and who comes in second if you are fans and want to see a record that reflects who you are a fan of.

In that respect, I hope Lee DeWyze wins tomorrow and Crystal comes in second. Lee will fit the record that the traditional Idol winner makes much more so that Crystal.

I've been on the Crystal train since auditions and have never disembarked. But, I think for Crystal to make a true Crystal Bowersox record, she can't win. If she wins, they will steer her more toward pop and we'll see what we saw in 'Black Velvet', and that was NOT Crystal Bowersox. We would have to wait for her 2nd/3rd CD to see the true Crystal. That is, if she is allowed to make a 2nd/3rd CD.....

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Finale - Top 2 NedraSue 05-26-10 1
 RE: Rankings - Finale - Top 2 Belle Book 05-26-10 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

NedraSue 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-26-10, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NedraSue Click to send private message to NedraSue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Finale - Top 2"

I agree with your opinion. My thoughts are that Lee was scared to death. Yes he wants it...but he is so darn nice, I think he is afraid of taking the limelight away from Crystal. All of the contestants this year, seem to be very tight. And I think they all really love Crystal.

With that, I think Lee allowed his feelings for beating Crystal play out in his vocals. When he relaxed and enjoyed himself, he did much better.

I think that Crystal was going to have a career in music no matter what...yes, this has stepped it up a huge step. But Lee be very commerical for label and will do a great job.

I think they both will sell more records than 95% of the other finalists.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-26-10, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Finale - Top 2"
Here are my rankings:

1. Crystal Bowersox "On the Mountain" -- this was her moment!

2. Crystal Bowersox "Black Velvet" -- better than Nikki McKibbin's version -- and a lot of other ones!

3. Crystal Bowersox "Me and Bobby McGhee" -- started off slow but she really rocked it at the end!

4. Lee DeWyze "Beautiful Day" -- his best song but not quite as good as the worst one Crystal did.

5. Lee DeWyze "Everybody Hurts" -- better than his first song, not quite as good as his final one.

6. Lee DeWyze "The Boxer" -- I liked the song the first time he did it. I didn't like it here. Bad song choice for the finale.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •