The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"VFTW pick tracker."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-22-10, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"VFTW pick tracker."
With Tim out at last, the Worsters were finally forced to do something they haven't resorted to for months: commission a new caricature. And they've already decided just who they're going to back. Crystal may be giving them the open acknowledgment, but there's only one contestant with Laser Eyes Of Death -- so say farewell to the Urban Legend and welcome Siobhan Magnus to the racks of the Worsted. She presumably has a rambling thank-you speech to fit the occasion.

I don't think this choice makes any difference in the long run, but I don't think any pick would. Crystal has too much of the voting population to realistically overcome: at this point, the only way to beat her is for her own numbers to stay stable while one opposing singer picks up every last other vote. Siobhan might be able to reach F3 -- but with Casey sinking fast, one of the major obstacles to that position is just about out of the way no matter what the Worsters do.

The backing won't hurt Siobhan -- but it won't help her win either. And the same will apply to anyone else VFTW picks. They can add an extra table scrap to a meager plate -- but they can't pull the cloth out from under the predetermined main course.

Even so, let them dream for a while...

And there's always a chance Crystal quits.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: VFTW pick tracker. Snidget 04-22-10 1
   RE: VFTW pick tracker. Estee 04-22-10 2
       RE: VFTW pick tracker. cahaya 04-22-10 3
           RE: VFTW pick tracker. Estee 04-22-10 4
               RE: VFTW pick tracker. Snidget 04-22-10 5
 RE: VFTW pick tracker. Tummy 04-22-10 6
   RE: VFTW pick tracker. Estee 04-22-10 7
       RE: VFTW pick tracker. Tummy 04-22-10 8
           RE: VFTW pick tracker. cahaya 04-22-10 9
               RE: VFTW pick tracker. CTgirl 04-22-10 10
                   RE: VFTW pick tracker. Tummy 04-22-10 12
   RE: VFTW pick tracker. Snidget 04-22-10 11
 Tim is less than thankful. Estee 04-22-10 13
 Caricature is up Snidget 04-23-10 14
   RE: Caricature is up cahaya 04-26-10 15
 New Pick Snidget 04-29-10 16
   RE: New Pick Estee 04-29-10 17
       RE: New Pick Snidget 04-29-10 18
           RE: New Pick zazzy 04-29-10 19
               RE: New Pick vince3 04-29-10 20
                   RE: New Pick zazzy 04-30-10 21
 Caricature up. Estee 05-02-10 22
 Last-minute switch. Estee 05-05-10 23
 For the finals: Lee. Estee 05-20-10 24
   RE: For the finals: Lee. emydi 05-20-10 25
   RE: For the finals: Lee. Tummy 05-20-10 26
       RE: For the finals: Lee. Snidget 05-20-10 27
   RE: For the finals: Lee. mtb002 05-21-10 28
       RE: For the finals: Lee. Estee 05-25-10 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-10, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: VFTW pick tracker."
Who could have guessed Timmeh would last so long back that first week of "you should have never been in the top 24".

I do hope they've taken all the sharp objects and hanging material away from the immediate area of whatever his name was that got disqualified. You know this can't have been easy for him.

Siobhan really is the only entertaining pick left from what I see. Between the oddness, and that they seem to let her attempt to sass the judges each week and the rabid fans to get upset, and the fans of the boring trying to convince them to change the pick because she has too many of those rabid fans....they should have enough fun to make up for the loss.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-22-10, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: VFTW pick tracker."
I'm checking back once an hour just to see if the caricature is up yet.

I wonder if it'll be screaming.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-10, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: VFTW pick tracker."

04-22-10, 10:50 AM (EST)
4. "RE: VFTW pick tracker."
Heh -- but no: I'm looking for the commissioned hand-drawn art. It'll show up at the top of the page when it arrives -- probably before the end of the day.

04-22-10, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: VFTW pick tracker."
If not today, definitely by the weekend. Not sure what time constraints Laura has.

If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity. - Bill Vaughan

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-22-10, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: VFTW pick tracker."
VFTW has jumped the shark. Because Aaron is definitely the worst that's still there. Timmeh gave them too much of a good run and they're addicted to claiming someone that can last a while.

04-22-10, 12:50 PM (EST)
7. "RE: VFTW pick tracker."
Their claim is that Aaron's variety of bad isn't entertaining enough. (They also had one of Aaron's fans trying to skew the 'who's our next?' poll result, so management may be a little irritated with his fanbase.)

The site is slightly divided over this pick. Some people are openly mourning Tim's loss and dropping out for the rest of the season, others wanted Siobhan as backup all along and are in celebration, and more than a few are whiplashing their position by claiming every negative thing they ever hated about her is now a perfect reason for moving into her camp. But there's more approval than departures, although everyone seems to be worried about an unholy alliance with Siobhan's existing fanbase -- which they see as being a lot like Adam's.

Lie down with butterflies...

04-22-10, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: VFTW pick tracker."
I can see their point that Aaron's bad isn't entertaining.

I think had I been a Worster I would have to bow out for the rest of the season over Timmeh's eviction. Timmeh was the ultimate Worster Hero. Bad enough (especially early on) to be a legitimate VFTW pick yet good enough and nice enough to stay quite awhile. And always entertaining.

04-22-10, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: VFTW pick tracker."
Yup, VFTW had it's run with Tim, he's irreplaceable. At this point, it doesn't matter much who they pick as no one will come close to matching Tim's long run and fun.

They can't pick Aaron, as he's probably next out. Nor Mike, as he is not really the entertainer they're looking for. Crystal and to some extent Lee are too good to be considered the 'worst'. So, that leaves the eccentric Siobhan.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-10, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: VFTW pick tracker."
I think "eccentric" is a key reason they picked Siobhan!

04-22-10, 04:48 PM (EST)
12. "RE: VFTW pick tracker."
They need to change their name to VFTME - vote for the most entertaining. They're just not living up to their moniker.

I think Siobhan might pick up more Tim votes than just the Worsters. I think some were voting because he just didn't fit in a box, so those might go to Siobhan.

04-22-10, 02:12 PM (EST)
11. "RE: VFTW pick tracker."
Well part of it is the edit, not just the technical skill.

Aaron--Always is told he is good even when he is terrible. The you didn't do good this time, but people should vote for you anyway is not a worster pick edit.

Michael--Usually gets a you really are good edit, got saved

Casey--gets tongue bathed for everything and things he does that other people do, are AOK even if other people should not always hide behind the guitar, and so on.

Lee--Always seems gets good comments no matter what he does. They say we should keep him even if he has no confidence and any bit of progress however faint in that direction is praised like a major breakthrough.

Crystal--gets licked cleaned every week.

Siobhan--got praise early on but now all she gets is we don't know who you are, why are you doing this, she's the one thrown under the bus most regularly, lately.

By the top 6 it is rare you have anyone that hasn't at some point been pimped. By now they've gotten rid of most of early fodder and you have TCO (or TCT-the chosen two or the chosen three) and the mid level fodder.

Usually that means some previous lurved constestant stop being slurped on every episode and they rev up the bus half way during the performance (that has to be distracting no wonder some people eventually start tanking).

So getting tossed under the bus is one sign of a worst pick (as there always has to be a worst, as there always is a best, just the scale changes like in school, even if the college only takes people from the top 10% out of that group someone now becomes the bottom 10%)

Talking back to the judges is one thing the worsters love to choose people for and Sio bhan ... does ... do ... that ... in ... a ... slow way ... but ... it ... still ... counts ... as ... sass.

Doesn't seem to be much of anyone else willing to rock the boat.

Add in you never know when she's going to wear another homage to Fern Gully....

04-22-10, 08:33 PM (EST)
13. "Tim is less than thankful."
http://blogs.ajc.com/american-idol-blog/

No problem. Just say the word and I'm sure AI will be glad to rewire the results to take those votes out. It's not as if you really wanted to go on the tour anyway, right?

04-23-10, 07:51 PM (EST)
14. "Caricature is up"
with butterflies.

If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity. - Bill Vaughan

04-26-10, 09:38 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Caricature is up"
That caricature? is actually kinda cute.

And I say this even knowing 'cute' is one of the most overused words in the English language.

04-29-10, 10:14 AM (EST)
16. "New Pick"
Big Mike.

04-29-10, 10:21 AM (EST)
17. "RE: New Pick"
Realistically, it could have been any of the males: Aaron for pitch problems, Mike for style-lock, Lee for total emotional disconnect, and Casey as the goat. (It could have even been Crystal for her Pigpen tag.) I'm just not sure where they think they're going to find their entertainment factor. When Michael's good, he's in his wheelhouse, and when he's bad, it's frequently because he stayed in the wheelhouse when the real party was on the dance floor. VFTW may be getting desperate.

*shrug* I would have gone with the faux satyr.

04-29-10, 10:38 AM (EST)
18. "RE: New Pick"
I think the reasoning is Mike is the only one that occasionally does entertaining things (and is great photochop material) and a lot of the fans of other idols are peeved Mike got the save (rather than it being held onto to save their fav) and so every week he stays the more in a tizzy those people get.

Crystal (VFTW shout out on Facebook not withstanding) is way too pimped, even with the right on schedule minor depimp she got.
Casey also is way too pimped and I think they want to see Kara's face when he leaves.
Aaron is generally considered the worst singer but too boring to be the pick until there isn't another choice.
Lee also seems too pimped to be the pick until it is him and Crystal left.

Sometimes the entertainment is seeing the fan bases go nuts when the VFTW pick survives and crushes the dreams of whoever they are lusting after.

Because you know as soon as you become the VFTW pick all your dreams are surgically removed or something so it doesn't matter if the VFTW person leaves, being voted off will have no impact on the feelings of the VFTW pick as they also had their emotions removed with their dreams.

The big negative of Mike was they used the save on him, but I think now they are in you saved him when you knew he won't be commercial so now you get to chock on him reasoning.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-29-10, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: New Pick"
When the season started I thought Mike would/could Syesha himself to top 3....now VFTW is going to help that. But I already changed my PTTE, darn it!

This is the week for him to get the pimp spot, too. He hasn't had it yet. Not that VFTW support + pimp spot helped Siobhan.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-10, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: New Pick"
Maybe, but this theme might be in his wheelhouse, that would help also........

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-30-10, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: New Pick"
Ah, so many tricks in the producers' bag!

05-02-10, 09:18 PM (EST)
22. "Caricature up."
Not saying a bloody word.

05-05-10, 06:50 AM (EST)
23. "Last-minute switch."
We're going goat: last night's performance inspired (or forced) a change to Casey -- but it also caused a problem. A number of VFTW members had already started to autodial on Michael before noticing the change, and some of them may have never checked in. The result is a split in the voting block -- which really means no potential real influence this week. When one of their moderators is saying it doesn't make a difference who they go for at F5...

Yes, VFTW has moderators. And guidelines. It comes as a shock to everyone.

05-20-10, 09:22 AM (EST)
24. "For the finals: Lee."
As much as people would have loved to see a Crystal caricature...

...oh, and if you've ever wanted the original artwork on those, the Season #9 selection is up on eBay:

http://shop.ebay.com/votefortheworst/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-10, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: For the finals: Lee."
The Lee caricature is great...that's the smirk I want to punch off his face!

05-20-10, 10:57 AM (EST)
26. "RE: For the finals: Lee."
I'm surprised they went for what seems like Simon's favorite.

05-20-10, 11:09 AM (EST)
27. "RE: For the finals: Lee."
What not to sing season averages (if you check the DI thread I have the prelim numbers in my average--this is the final ave)

77.2 Crystal Bowersox
59.6 Lee DeWyze

Also there is these factors

1. Who's fanbase is nuttier and will be funnier when they find out.
2. Which will be funnier when they fail post season
3. Will anyone other than bland white male psuedo-rockers try out ever again since the main fan base left watching idol seems to demand one wins every single freakin' year.
4. Year of the woman, yeah right!

By the final few pretty much everyone has been pimped and the chances of a final two where neither person is a judge's fav is going to be slim to none.

Besides Simon is on his way out, I'm cynical enough to think he'll back the person he thinks will help clear the way for his X-factor show.

mtb002 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-21-10, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: For the finals: Lee."
I wonder if there will be any correlation to album sales.
Tim $50
Lee $45
Siobhan $75
Casey..... $212!!!
Of course they're only a few days into the auction, so who knows what the final totals will be, but wow.

05-25-10, 05:13 PM (EST)
29. "RE: For the finals: Lee."
Those first three were higher early in the auction: a bunch of bids were probably canceled as fraudulent. With about a day and a quarter to go, we're looking at:

Tim Urban $127.50
Siobhan Magnus $102.50
Lee DeWyze $53.00
Michael Lynche $24.19
Paige Miles $26.00
Haeley Vaughn $152.50
Casey James $212.50

Note the timing on the end: an hour after AI closes out. And from personal experience, most of the price movement will be in the last twenty-four hours -- with the absolute bulk in the final five minutes.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •