The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A true 'First' for me this season"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-13-10, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A true 'First' for me this season"
It hasn't happened in the past eight seasons yet. This is a first.

I'd be happy with any of these three taking the title.

In all the past eight seasons i've had one or two of the top three that I simply did NOT want to win. Not this year. I'm very happy with this final three.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Disagree. Estee 05-13-10 1
   RE: Disagree. geekboy 05-13-10 2
       Once again: Estee 05-13-10 4
           RE: Once again: mtb002 05-13-10 5
               RE: Once again: Estee 05-13-10 8
           RE: Once again: emydi 05-13-10 6
               RE: Once again: Estee 05-13-10 7
               RE: Once again: csnumber23 05-14-10 23
                   RE: Once again: grit 05-14-10 25
                   RE: Once again: Tummy 05-14-10 26
           RE: Once again: frodis 05-13-10 10
           RE: Once again: zazzy 05-13-10 14
               RE: Once again: zazzy 05-13-10 15
               RE: Once again: Estee 05-13-10 16
                   RE: Once again: zazzy 05-13-10 18
   RE: Disagree. mtb002 05-13-10 3
       RE: Disagree. Estee 05-13-10 9
       RE: Disagree. zazzy 05-13-10 12
           RE: Disagree. mtb002 05-13-10 13
           RE: Disagree. Estee 05-13-10 17
               RE: Disagree. zazzy 05-13-10 19
                   RE: Disagree. mtb002 05-14-10 24
 RE: A true 'First' for me this seas... zazzy 05-13-10 11
 RE: A true 'First' for me this seas... Snidget 05-13-10 20
 Another country heard from. Estee 05-13-10 21
 RE: A true 'First' for me this seas... csnumber23 05-14-10 22
 RE: A true 'First' for me this seas... Tummy 05-14-10 27
   RE: A true 'First' for me this seas... frodis 05-14-10 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-10, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Disagree."
This year's final three.

'Hi! I have no personality plus a complete inability to connect with an audience!'

'Hi! I also have no personality, but I can wink at the camera while flubbing my vocal notes, and some people think I'm hot!'

'Hi! I have so much personality that the producers of this thing are secretly afraid no one who lives more than two hundred miles from a coastline will ever buy anything I make!'

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-13-10, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Disagree."
Harsh.

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

05-13-10, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Once again:"
Hi. I'm Estee.

But that's the way I currently see this F3. Lee is the Gertrude Stein vision of Oakland: there's no there there. Pour water into his mouth, pull out the little plug in his heel to empty. There are some performers (professionals very much included) who have yet to display an unscripted reaction in front of a camera. Lee hasn't even shown himself capable of reading a script. He had the perfect pre-show job, because trying to get a human response out of him is about as useful and exciting as watching paint dry. He'd better make fans off his music, because he won't do it on charisma -- and his music isn't exactly enthralling. Call him The Dementor Of Rock, because he's svcked the soul out of just about every song he's kissed.

In contrast, Casey could be said to have personality -- but the whole of it seems wrapped up in his appearance. Want to know who Casey is? Look at his face and soma. Want to know what else Casey is? Settle in, because you may be waiting for a while. You can say metrosexual if you want to, but the vibe he gives off (aided and abetted by Kara) sometimes comes perilously close to himbo. We know almost nothing about Casey: he's a cardboard cutout propped in a vaguely interesting fashion. Autotune can temporarily cure his goat vibrato issues and old-fashioned playover will take care of him on stage, but what's going to save him when he has to have a public thought? Absolutely nothing. By the way, have we found out what's in the box yet?

We know who Crystal is. I think most of the AI powers are very worried about who Crystal is. Call her an earth mother if you wish, or a later-day hippie, definitely a street artist, a slightly odd duck in a pond originally built to attract honking geese -- and no matter what you call her, call her potentially ostracized. Because in the increasingly-balkanized society that the United States has become, she will have a lot of areas where her act, music, and hairstyle will not be allowed to play. By law. She's not safe: the one and only selling quality of Archie. We've seen what comes out when she's mostly contract-muzzled: can you imagine what's going to happen when the clamps come open? The heartland doesn't want to. Some of those areas still have anti-hippie laws on the book -- and their lack of votes may cost her the win in the end.

I think Lee may take this because of the three, he's the safest.

Harrison Bergeron lives.

mtb002 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-13-10, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Once again:"
First off, let me say I'm diggin' all the Am Lit references.

I'll agree on Lee and Crystal.

Casey, I can't tell yet. Using an extremely broad generalization, there seems to be 2 kinds of Texans. There's the Seinfield persona with the 10 gal hat, jovial, yucking it up, calling everyone a "sumbitch" extrovert. Then there's the "Speak softly and carry a big stick." Texan. I think Casey may be the latter, just lets his guitar playing do the talking. But it's so hard to tell from his editing.

05-13-10, 01:47 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Once again:"
I'm diggin' all the Am Lit references.

I felt a sudden need to make up for my apparent lack of law degree.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-10, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Once again:"
By the way, have we found out what's in the box yet?

I've been wondering that too since top 10

I'm sure Lee will win then he can go on tour with Nickelsuck and Daughtry

05-13-10, 01:46 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Once again:"
Do you think Lee will self-title his band just because he doesn't have the imagination to come up with anything else?

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-14-10, 01:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Once again:"
What is your problem with Nickelback that you rip them every week? Just don't like them or something more personal?

I like Nickelback, Daughtry and Lee. In fact I hope Lee ends up heading a rock band. Rock bands are my favorite music though so I am biased with my opinion.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-14-10, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Once again:"
I have to side with csnumber on this one. I also like Nickelback, Daughtry and Lee. I tend to listen to alternative rock.

It's funny how each person's musical tastes will shade their perception of each contestant.

Has Lee been a little pitchy? Yeah, there were a couple of times over the span of all these weeks. But I like his voice, I like what he's done with the songs he's been given, and I'd probably buy his CD.

Is Crystal a good singer? Yes, but I find her boring. I don't care for her musical style. I won't be buying her music. I also found Mike to be very boring. Nice voice but boooorrring. Just like Reuben Studdard.

Does Casey deserve to be in the top 3 based on his singing alone? No, but he's a really good guitarist and some of the stuff that he's done with the guitar has made him more interesting to the voters, hence his place in the top 3.

YMMV

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-14-10, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Once again:"
I'm going with "more personal".

Emy - didn't you have their love child, or something?

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Once again:"
I love a good Harrison Bergeron reference. I read that when I was 11 and it's stuck with me ever since. It's so appropriate, so often.

I actually find Lee and Crystal to be very similar. I don't think either of them is as interested in cultivating a performance personality as they are in just singing. The difference is that Crystal already has an inherent personality that is identifiable to a certain extent - the look, the sound, the street folk busker chick, the glimpses into her personality which we've been given through her Coke stool interviews and snippets of judge backtalk - which is what she is. Lee has that midwestern generic guy with the generic hair and generic clothes thing going - which is probably who he is, too. I'm not sure he's devoid of personality as it is that he is devoid of a personality that departs from "plain old dude you'd run into on the train and not think twice about unless he dripped coffee on your shoe." He just doesn't register, where Crystal does.

Casey, on the other hand, has his cheesy "I'm singing now, watch me have fun!" smile and his sway and head shake so his hair settles just-so thing going. As for who Casey is - I have to say I'm not sure. I think he's a guy who likes to play guitar and likes to sing but given a choice of whether he'd want to be Bono or The Edge, he'd go with The Edge.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-10, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Once again:"
First of all, I have to look up himbo because it does not compute.

Second of all, when it comes to Crystal, really? Or in SNL terms, Really?

Do you really think that there are "a lot of areas where her act, music, and hairstyle will not be allowed to play". Where might that be?

I've lived in Texas, the south, and the midwest. I've family in the east and on the west coast. I'm still trying to figure out where it is in the US that you believe would completely reject Crystal. Not that I think she'd be everyone's cup of tea...but a wholesale areas of the country rejection? That also does not compute.

05-13-10, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Once again:"
OK, I checked Urban Dictionary for himbo. Disagree that Casey is unintelligent. Rather, I think he's played the game fairly well, especially with song choice and dampening the effect of the band and back up singers on Tuesday night.

I expect to hear them overpower him some next Tuesday, though, with the judge's choice. I'm guessing Kara picks for Casey, Simon for Crystal and Randy for Lee.

Will the contestants sing something new of their own choice on Tuesday or will they reprise something they've already performed?

----

What does Casey have in the box? I'm still guessing knitting needles and some partially knit item like a hat or a scarf.

05-13-10, 02:35 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Once again:"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-10 AT 02:36 PM (EST)

Cities.

Counties.

Major parts of states.

Arizona, unless she carries her birth certificate with her at all times.

They're out there. And they want you to stay out.

ETA: I can't take this much further into detail without carrying the topic to another part of the board or PM, because it's as much political as cultural. But the two are intertwined -- and Rejection Nation very much exists.

05-13-10, 02:41 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Once again:"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-10 AT 02:44 PM (EST)

PM me, please. I'd like to be educated on this, thanks.

P.S. I am interested to read what you have to say on the subject. One of the first appearances the AI winner has is at the Walmart annual meeting in Arkansas.

Am I getting warm?

05-13-10, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Disagree."
I can't believe I even have to ask this, but which one is Casey and which one is Lee?

9. "RE: Disagree."
Second is Casey, first is Lee.

05-13-10, 02:12 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Disagree."
Casey is the blonde who sounds like Bob Seger at times and plays a mean guitar. Also captured in the Antique Shoppe series.

Lee is the usually pitchy, aw shucks, "if only I had confidence" guy who brought a bagpipe player to one of his performances which added nothing but sideshow. Entertaining sideshow, but what about the singing? Oh, that's right, I mentioned pitchy.

05-13-10, 02:14 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Disagree."
And don't call me Shirley.

05-13-10, 02:37 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Disagree."
pitchy

Out of tune!

05-13-10, 02:43 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Disagree."
Yes, better said, out of tune!

I ask you all, which of the final 3 would you like to represent AI singing the national anthem at some big NBA game, Super Bowl, World Series, NASCAR race, wherever it is that they book the AI winners?

Out of tune Lee? Crystal for the win!

05-14-10, 08:55 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Disagree."
I think NASCAR fans would prefer Casey or Lee.

05-13-10, 02:09 PM (EST)
11. "RE: A true 'First' for me this season"
Kelly

Ruben

Fantasia

Carrie

Taylor

Jordin

David

Kris

Crystal

------------

I like Casey and at times I have liked Lee, but they are just not in the league with the previous 8; only Crystal imo is.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-10, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: A true 'First' for me this season"
I kind of agree but more from a different angle.

I'm bored enough with each of the final three to really not care which one wins.

Crystal is consistent in a good way, and plenty of artists survive a long time in the industry because all their songs sound the same. But I find myself bored. I want a moment, a special moment, and I'm not really seeing getting any new moments that aren't the same as the old moments.

Lee. Boring midwestern psuedo-rockers that people think they can get to sleep with them. At least the ones in the past did something, anything to make enough of a splash I cared enough to either want them on the show or off the show.

Casey. Well the goat jokes are a bit amusing, but it is nothing new on the idol stage. I do like his guitar playing, but this isn't the search for the next lead guitarist. I really do hope some band snatches him up. He's they guy they want to sleep with, but will doink Lee because they can get him while pretending since they were on the same stage it is close enough.

So the good news is, I don't hate any of them, so I wouldn't be all upset if any of them won, but I don't really care which one does, or if they just call it a three way tie over the weekend and end the show now.

If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity. - Bill Vaughan

05-13-10, 03:28 PM (EST)
21. "Another country heard from."
'Lee is Tiger Woods before the affairs came out, Casey is Woods after the media got him, and Crystal is the one woman in the club who knew not to sleep with him.'

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-14-10, 01:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: A true 'First' for me this season"
I agree completely they are 3 of my top 5 favorites from the beginning. My first choice would be Lee but I'm fine with any of the 3

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-14-10, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: A true 'First' for me this season"
This is the first year I don't care who wins. But not for the same reason.

I think this Final Three are kind of boring. I like them, I just don't lurve any of them.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-10, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: A true 'First' for me this season"
I'm with you, Tummy.

I kind of hope Casey wins, because that would be the stunning victory. Well, it would stun me.

If (when?) it comes down to Lee vs. Crystal, I'm not sure how you ramp up excitement for that. There's no underdog there. Although, with no underdog, maybe you finally get a vote that's actually about voting for someone instead of voting against the other guy.

I haven't had a real rooting interest all season, so kind of like Snidget said, if they just called it a draw now I'd shrug and say, okay.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •