The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-11-10, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-10 AT 09:11 AM (EST)

I had my suspicions that tonight could mix things up a bit, and it didn't disappoint. I have to say, i'm a bit surprised at my own rankings tonight.

1) Crystal - I'm Alright - Crystal blew everyone else out of the water tonight on so many levels, it should have been embarassing for the other contestants. Shockingly, at this point of the competition, she is the ONLY one to really do anything with their song tonight. Shame on the other three. And on top of that, she took a song as shlocky as "I'm Alright", and as Ellen said, she made it better. She didn't just make it better, she made it into a kickass blues/rock/Bonnie Raitt'ish jam. Incredible.

2) Casey - Mrs. Robinson - At least Casey tried to make some changes, but I don't think he did enough. There were moments when I was hearing some Beatlesque vibes coming out of the song which was very cool, and I wish he did some more with that. He made an effort, at least more than the next two did.

3) Lee - Kiss From A Rose - I was very disappointed with Lee tonight. Simon said the truth. That was Karaoke, and karaoke doesn't get you to the final 4, let alone beyond it. He should be very thankful he has the momentum he has, because that was downright boring.

4) Mike - I Forget The Title - Some MJ song and a bad one at that. Wow, that was hard to watch. What was he thinking. He deserves to go. The consensus was the Casey would go this week, but I sure hope that's not true.

As a side note, the duets were great this year.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night djandy 05-11-10 1
 RE: Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night byoffer 05-12-10 2
   RE: Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night emydi 05-12-10 3
   RE: Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night geekboy 05-12-10 4
 RE: Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night zazzy 05-12-10 5
 RE: Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night mtb002 05-12-10 6
 RE: Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night Tummy 05-12-10 7
   RE: Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night geekboy 05-12-10 8
 RE: Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night Belle Book 05-12-10 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-11-10, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night"
1.) Casey & Mike Duet - The best of the night. Loved Casey's spanish guitar sounds.

2.) Crystal & Lee Duet - Very good, but Lee was off key on a few big notes.

3.) Crystal - changed it up.

4.) Lee - I liked the growl on the song.

5.) Casey - The ukelele? or whatever the instrument was was interesting.

6.) Mike - forgettable.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-10, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night"
1.) Casey's Spanish guitar. Wow. I am so gellus.

2.) Crystal & Lee Duet - I liked this a lot, though I felt Lee was trying to out sing Crystal at times with volume, though not tone.

3.) Crystal - Dared to taked the song (which I actually don't like very much) to a new place. She is great, and miles ahead of the others on the night.

4.) Casey & Mike Duet - Other than Casey's guitar, this one wasn't great for me.

5.) Casey - I actually liked this one, but maybe because I love the song. I am not sure what the instrument was, but he is so great with stringed intruments (and plays so easily). I liked the performance.

6.) Lee - Karaoke, and pitchy out of tune. He missed some notes badly.

7.) Mike - yawn

Overall I was dismally disappointed with the choice of songs. There are soooo many songs in that genre, and those were the choices? ~boggle~

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-10, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-10 AT 11:21 AM (EST)

Overall I was dismally disappointed with the choice of songs. There are soooo many songs in that genre, and those were the choices? ~boggle~

They only had like 30 (not so great) songs to pick from. See spoiler thread for list. The best on that list was Don't you Forget about Me from Breakfast Club

Don't they tell the judges anything...I was hoping one of the artists contestants karaoke singers would say something. This show is such a joke.

1. Casey and Michael Duet...bc of Casey's guitar playing. Michael can play what 2 or 3 chords this showcased Casey's ability and Michael's lack of guitar playing ability. Michael probably sang a little better esp with Casey's beginning not great

2. Crystal-I'm alright. I like this song and she did some nice things with it (or found it on the internet) she was screeching at the end though

3. Casey-he went after the frauen vote with both of his songs.

4. Crystal and Nickelback's lead singer duet-I got dizzy watching this. Crystal was much better

5. Michael-this was ok but he should have picked another song

6. Lee-thank cod the judges didn't all out pimp this, it was horrible and Lee cannot sing, mumble and grrrrowl maybe, but sing, no. I would love him to leave in Daughtryesque fashion tonite I would laugh!

05-12-10, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night"
He was playing a mandolin. The guy has incredible chops on guitar/mandolin/etc. I've been impressed all season, and was very impressed with his Spanish guitar playing last night.

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-12-10, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-10 AT 02:05 PM (EST)

1. Crystal -- and she nearly made me like this song. She's the one of the four who knows how to really change up something and sell it. We've seen flashes of this from the other three but not as consistently as Crystal.

2. Casey -- I expect him to get the boot and I'll miss him, even though that vibrato sneaks in on nearly every song. I like how he gave us a Jason Castro type of performance and held the band and back up singers at bay.

3. & 4. The duets are tied here. Lee's flat singing keeps the Crystal and Lee duet from outdoing Mike and Casey's duet. It bugged me that Randy complimented Casey's guitar playing but not his singing.
But that was in the script, right? Along with trying to showcase Big Mike with a Bryon Adams duet? Wonder who chose that one?

5. Big Mike-- it was better than Lee's.

6. Lee -- one of the WORST top 4 performances I have ever heard! So pitchy! So karaoke! So long! (but it won't be Lee, right?).

I am with all the posters who were disappointed with last night's song choices.

What it had me thinking when Lee, Mike, and even Casey were singing was --I wonder how Crystal would sing this? I think she could have outshone any one of them with their songs.

I liked the ones I picked for them (in spoilers) sooo much better!

mtb002 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-10, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night"
1) I'm going to do something I don't think I've done this season, and just flat out gush over Casey. I don't even care that he lost it for 5 seconds at the beginning of HYERLW? He picked it back up so well, I had to watch it 2-3 times to be sure it wasn't intentional. Hot, hot, hot, and he's really not my type. The foot stomp near the end was gravy. Mrs Robinson was great too in a Casey kind of way. My big criticism for him is that he doesn't know how to shape a song. I know it's hard to give it a proper beginning middle and end in only 90 seconds, but ask Crystal, she seems to be good at it. So Casey is my 1/2 from last night. Maybe I'm overcompensating/over reacting to the the judges undue dismissal of him.

3) Crystal I'm Alright, lots of fun, good crystal performance, saved all the campy stuff from the original. Only reason not higher than Casey was there were a few awkward transitions that I'm sure she would have fixed had she not had to figure out how to harmonize with Lee and stay in tune this week.

4) Big Mike-Nothing wrong with this, but nothing special either.

5) Crystal/Lee-I tried so very hard to just listen to her, but Lee was so damned out of tune that I couldn't ignore it. They really needed to move it to a different key so it would have been more in his range. Mike's the only guy left with the falsetto to handle that duet with Crystal. Should have done the Cocker duet, would have been in his range. I'll chalk it up to bad song choice.

6) Lee-KBAR Just wrong and painful. Having confidence and pushing yourself does not mean tackling a song that is beyond you when you only have a week and have to figure out how to sing a duet as well. Overstepped himself, should have had back up plan when he realized it wasn't working.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-12-10, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night"
Again I'm going to ditto geekboy. I hope you're enjoying it this season geekb because it doesn't happen often.

05-12-10, 03:11 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night"
I'm not one to gloat. I'm just right almost all of the time. Except when I predict who gets the boot this season...then i'm almost always WRONG).

geekboy

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-12-10, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rankings - Top 4 - Movie Night"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-10 AT 05:15 PM (EST)

1. Crystal & Lee's duet -- I found it great!
2. Crystal -- great recovery from the past two weeks!
3. Casey & Michael's duet -- I love the song, but I think Michael was better than Casey.

Big gap --

4. Casey -- nice recovery but perhaps a lazy song choice.
5. Michael -- rather predictable.
6. Lee -- I like the song but not on Lee!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •