The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"And the PR campaign gets fired up..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-28-10, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"And the PR campaign gets fired up..."
I totally disagree with what this author says about Crystal but I do think articles like this help advance the AI agenda for Lee.

MTV is asserting that Lee will win:

"Why Lee Dewyze Will Win 'American Idol'"

"Crystal Bowersox might be the front-runner, but so was Adam Lambert, in Bigger Than the Sound."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1637930/20100427/story.jhtml

Some snippets from the article:

..."I hate to break it to you, fellow members of Bowersox Nation, but our girl isn't going to win "American Idol."

It pains me to write that, as I love Crystal and all that she stands for (shoot, I feel like I know her), and I really want her to win, but it's just not in the cards. Not with Lee Dewyze still shrugging in the background, anyway."

..."See, no matter how much Simon Cowell wants to shout it, "American Idol" is not "a singing competition"; it's a popularity contest. "

..."Because "Idol" isn't based on talent (I mean, it is up to a certain point — usually about the time we reach the top 10, then things tend to get all high-schooly). It's based on intangible stuff like "familiarity" and "likability." And those are the two categories in which Bowersox doesn't dominate. For better or worse, viewers tend to vote for the contestant they feel they have the most in common with, the one they feel is a nice person, the one they already feel like they hear four times an hour on the radio. And more often than not, that contestant happens to be a slightly scruffy, well-proportioned, slightly hunky, kinda underdoggy, totally inoffensive guy."

..."And this year, that guy is Lee Dewyze."

..."He plays the kind of bland, radio-ready sorta-rock that continues to mystify me. Of course, none of this makes him interesting — and, frankly, when he speaks, I tend to lose consciousness — but it makes him a shoo-in to win season nine of "American Idol."

...' "Idol" voters don't want "interesting"; they want "nice," "dependable," "relatable." "

.... "He reminds me too much of Allen in every possible way, right down to the fact that most of the media that covers "Idol" seems hell-bent on making him the "underdog," despite all evidence to the contrary. "

...."(Crystal) She is considered too weird by the people who actually vote on this thing, and eventually — probably in the finale — her luck will run out."

...." America will go for Lee Dewyze, because they've gone for him in season seven (David Cook) and eight (Allen). They will go for him because he's the safe, familiar choice, and because he seems nice. But most of all, they will go for him because he's not Crystal Bowersox."

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: And the PR campaign gets fired ... geekboy 04-28-10 1
 RE: And the PR campaign gets fired ... zazzy 04-28-10 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-28-10, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: And the PR campaign gets fired up..."
I think the author's conclusion about Lee winning Idol is valid, but for all the wrong reasons.

Lee could very well win this season, but I don't believe its because he's "bland, dependable, nice, etc".

David Cook won Idol because he came in and totally transformed what viewers expected out of Idol. Prior to Cook, Idol was in some ways a glorified Karaoke contest. Cook came in and showed what it meant to be a musician who could truly transform songs. That is why he won.

Kris Allen took David Cook's lead and continued with it, as did Adam but in a very differnt vein. Adam took the theatrical, over-the-top approach, while Kris took the singer/songwriter approach which culminated in perhaps the most enjoyable final two showdown ever. Why did Kris win? "Singer/songwriter" won out over "Over the top".

The season is completely differnet. For once, Randy Jackson is right. This is the season of the "indie artist" so all comparisons are out. Lee is unique, as is Siobah, as is Crystal, as is Casey. I suggest to make your case on this season alone, and not on others.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-28-10, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: And the PR campaign gets fired up..."
The day before the same author wrote this for MTV.com. He's working hard on that agenda!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1637901/20100427/story.jhtml

"Can Crystal Bowersox Lose 'American Idol'?
'Idol' experts say two weaknesses could be her downfall."

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •