The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvis Presley"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-13-10, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvis Presley"
Better than expected this week, and some obscure song choices that I always love...on to the rankings

1 - Lee DeWyze - A little Less Conversation - A song with a long, not so great history on Idol. Finally, someone does it right. This boy is on one hell of a major roll.

2 - Crystal - Saved - This is her niche. Bluesy/gospelly/soul. Hmm. Like Elvis!

3 - Casey - Obscure Song Whose Name I forget - but I loved it. Again, like Crystal, he has a similar niche, and he should stick there despite what the judges say. It works for him.

4 - Tim - Can't Help Falling In Love - Wow. In my top tier. Tim is on a 2-week roll. I thougth he was great tonight.

<gap>

5- Siobhan - Suspicious Minds - I actually loved it, how she switched it up, made it into almost a 3-act song/play. I thought it was a brilliant rendition

6 - Katie - Another song title i forget - You are on the fence this week with me. It was fun, but something was missing.

<gap>

7 - Michael - In The Ghetto - Boring. Sleepy. You sucked the soul out of the song in my opinion.

8 - Aaron - Blue Suede Shoes - To me it seemed convoluted. You picked an upbeat song, but the theme was over your head. Didn't work for me at all.

9 - Andrew - Hound Dog - Of ALL the Elvis songs...someone picks Hound Dog? Holy Crap. Worst.Song.Choice.Ever. Nobody could pull that one off, and Andrew picks it. you will forever go down in history as the guy who peaked in Hollywood Week doing 'Straight Up' by Paula Abdul.

geekoby

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvi... csnumber23 04-13-10 1
   RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvi... djandy 04-14-10 5
 RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvi... cahaya 04-14-10 2
 RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvi... mathiascruz 04-14-10 3
 RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvi... kingfish 04-14-10 4
 RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvi... Glow 04-14-10 6
 RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvi... emydi 04-14-10 7
 RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvi... DoodleBug 04-14-10 8
   RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvi... cahaya 04-14-10 9
 RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvi... riverrocker 04-14-10 10
 RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvi... Belle Book 04-14-10 11
 RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvi... FFantasyFX 04-14-10 12
 RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvi... zazzy 04-14-10 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-13-10, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvis Presley"
1 - Lee - I thought this was great and he is in the hunt to win this.

2 - Katie - Her vocals sounded great again and her stage presence is getting much better, I think she may make the top 5.

3 - Chrystal - Excellent as always but I do think she lacks just a little stage presence. still the favorite to win.

Gap

4 - Casey - Not his best but still very solid

5 - Tim - I can't believe he is this high but I thought he was really good tonight. VFTW should choose someone else at this point.

6 - Siobhan - I'm not sure what to think of this, not bad but not great. I have a bad feeling she may be in trouble.

7 - Andrew - I thought he was okay but I think he is in serious trouble and probably gone.

8 - Mike - The vocals were good but so dull and sleepy, I think he will have a nice career in soul/R&B just not my favorite music. He will be safe this week after their save last week.

9 - Aaron - I like that he tried to change it up but I don't think he can do upbeat songs to well. He could go this week.

Overall - Nobody really horrible and a few exceptional. You can see the growth they make week to week. I think Aaron and Andrew may go or possibly Siobhan and Andrew. That is my bottom 3 prediction.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-14-10, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvis Presley"
1.) Lee
2.) Crystal
3.) Tim
4.) Casey
5.) Katie
6.) Mike
7.) Siobhan
8.) Aaron
9.) Andrew

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-14-10, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvis Presley"
Not a bad week, all in all. Adam's mentoring seemed to help some of lower-ranked contestants in the group with the notable exception of Andrew Garcia, who didn't seem to quite get it.

Comments straight from ECST.

The top 3:

1. Crystal Bowersox - Saved - Great performance. I love the original and I liked the way Crystal arranged and sang this. Her voice is powerful enough to be heard over the band and chorus singers, and the switch-up towards the end built some good suspense to finish the song. I haven't been on the Crystal Kool-Aid for most of the season, but this time both thumbs up.

2. Michael Lynche - In the Ghetto - Very nice, he sent a chill down my spine. Amazing how big a voice this guy has, yet can sing a touching, soulful ballad like this. Not what I expected, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

3. Lee DeWyze - Little Less Conversation - Best I can recall hearing from Lee. Liked the arrangement, the guitar play was really good (see those switch-up slides?), and the raspy energetic voice seems to suit him. He still looks like he's not sure he belongs on the stage (sort of that questioning look), but nice sound. One more case, I think, Adam's mentoring made a difference.

The Middle 3:

4. Tim Urban - Can't Help Falling in Love - Way too sappy for me. I can imagine someone singing this at a wedding reception or high school prom in just this way. For Tim, though, this is where his zone lies and he did it just right for him - and apparently, to my surprise, the judges. His is one case I think Adam's mentoring had an effect in raising his game. (I never thought I'd ever be ranking this guy in the top half, but he deserves it this week.)

5. Casey James - Lawdy Miss Claudy - Looks like he tried too hard in the pimp spot, nearly lost his voice a few times during the performance. As a whole, it didn't mesh as well as it could have, with the potential of being worthy of but falling short of a rock performance. He'll pass.

6. Katie Stevens - Baby What Do You Want Me To Do - Fast rhythm, loud wind instrument backup, movement on the stage, and a fairly good but not really strong voice, she did ok. I didn't care for those Asian-Indian style horizontal head movements and some of the facial expressions, so she probably sounded better than she looked. She might actually make it through, although I'm ambivalent about it.

In serious trouble:

7. Siobhan Magnus - Suspicious Minds - I've been a Siobhan fan all season and came away a little disappointed. Dressed in white and doing her usual ramp-it-up softly up to the screaming-loud notes, I thought it looked and sounded vanilla. There's been some speculation about her being voted out on a dual-boot off-night and this could be it, as much as I hope otherwise. She needs to take a different song route given another chance.

8. Aaron Kelly - Blue Suede Shoes - Like Randy, I'm half-half about many things in Aaron's performance, including the switch-up midway in the song that made me wonder which half I'm supposed to get into. The vocals where ok, he had some swagger, had some connection. Half-half, I'll go neither thumbs up or down with this performance. As someone else (Estee) put it, I felt like he was trying, but -- he fought the song and the song won.

9. Andrew Garcia - Hound Dog - Hound dog on stage. Andrew's limits in vocal range and variety show here, especially given the light although rhythmic arrangement. Having said that, it looked like he gave it his best try, probably as good as we'll ever hear from him, but even that won't make him safe this week.

Agman's Muse

mathiascruz 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-14-10, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mathiascruz Click to send private message to mathiascruz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvis Presley"
1. Tim - very sexy performance
2. Mike - best vocal
3. Siobhan - very sweet voice

The rest were very boring.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-10, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvis Presley"
1,2,3,4,5. Crystal. Blew the field away. Since Lily left there is no one that can really challenge her anymore.

6. Katie. Fine brassy rendition.
7. Tim (I guess)
8. Shiobhan
9. Mike

the rest.
put Aaron last, Andrew (agree with Geek boy about his song selectione) next to last. A special Suck review for Casey.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-10, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvis Presley"
I'd switch Tim and Casey. Other than that, I agree with everything you said.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-10, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvis Presley"
1. Crystal-she is so far above the other 8 it's sort of sad

2. Timmeh!-way to get the tweens texting! I voted for almost 2 hours through watching AI and Lost!

3. Michael-I liked this but whenever I hear this song I think of this WOOT! it even has Timmeh in it!

4. Casey-this was meh esp for the pimp spot (he shd have had it last week) but better than the rest

5. Katie-again this was ok but I agreed with Simon that it was saying...she is in trouble tonite bc she was not in b3 last week

6. Aaron-he tried, it got better as it went along but he picked the wrong song...but he could squeak thru

7. Siobhan-meh I didn't like the beg of the song at all and then she started screeching again...I like her sass tho and I think she will get a scare tonite but get thru

8. Lee-Nickelback Elvis 'nuff said

9. Andrew-sucked

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-10, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvis Presley"
1. Crystal - perfect
2. Mike - I loved his take on the song
3. Lee - smile in the camera and you have me sold
4. Tim - best yet from him
5. Casey - nice
6. Katie - her voice sounds constricted or something
7. Siobhan - not good
8. Aaron - really not good
9. Andrew - just BAD and not in a Michael Jackson kind of way

I thought Adam did a pretty good job as a mentor. The Glee cast, though I adore that show, was distracting. And Ryan has completely flipped his lid.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-10, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvis Presley"
Wow, we must be twins or something. Exactly the same rankings!

That 'something' is probably impeccable musical tastes.

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-14-10, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvis Presley"
1. Crystal
2. Tim -- we're still in shock
3. Katie -- loved the fire!
4. Lee
5. Siobhan -- what is she thinking with the screeches?
6. Aaron
7. Casey
8. Mike
9. Andrew

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-14-10, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvis Presley"
Here are my rankings:

1. Katie Stevens -- for the first time, I can put you in first! I really liked your performance!

2. Crystal Bowersox -- as usual, you did great! You'll make the finals for sure!

3. Michael Lynch -- nice recovery! I like the song "In The Ghetto" and I thought you did it well.

4. Siobhan Magnus -- not as good as last week, but better than the judges said.

5. Tim Urban -- wow, you got in the Top 5! But that'll put you in danger -- again.

6. Lee Dwyze -- okay performance but I liked the other ones better than yours.

7. Casey James -- I agree with the judges. It was lazy. Still, you'll be safe for sure.

8. Aaron Kelly -- bad song choice and this time you won't be able to recover.

9. Andrew Garcia -- another strike! This time you're out!

FFantasyFX 1011 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-14-10, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvis Presley"
Quick Hits (overall, I was disappointed this week):

1.) Crystal Bowersox - Best performance of the night by a country mile. All downhill from here . . .

2.) Tim Urban - A couple bum notes, but nice overall.

3.) Lee DeWyze - Technically sound, but didn't enjoy it.

4.) Casey James - What a waste of a pimp spot. *sigh*

5.) Siobhan Magnus - I was dazed & confused afterwards. Ladies and gentlemen, Tammy Whamette?

6.) Katie Stevens - What was up with the head shaking? Katie's trying to be something she's not.

7.) Michael Lynche - Made me deliriously giggle for some reason. I don't think that was the intention.

8.) Aaron Kelly - Tried to be young & cool, but felt forced.

9.) Andrew Garcia - I like that he incorporated absolutely none of Adam's advice, and therefore Adam was able to nail everything that was wrong with the performance in advance.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-14-10, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rankings - Top 9 Part II - Elvis Presley"
1. Crystal -- She is aces with me. Loved it, loved her energy. Don't like that Kara called it "solid". Not a compliment and they are treating her like Melinda Doolittle. Ellen, "Happy Birthday", really? Disrespectful.

2. Casey -- I liked it much more than the judges. And the pit. No more! I would love to go to a Casey concert. The vibe would be cool, the audience digging him, the air fragrant...the mood mellow yet jazzed. Obscure song selection could hurt him a bit but he should be back next week.

3. Tim --not my fav Tim performance but good song selection and liked that he tried for a "moment". Wasn't a "Falling Slowly" Kris level of a "moment", but a good try. Despised that Ryan called him "Turban" AND danced with Sarver in the background. So disrespectful.

4. Katie -- most improved; still see her as country.

5. Lee --not memorable but could have gotten on the show with it if it were his audition. At least he didn't wear sunglasses like Daughtry did.

6.(tie) Siobhan --liked the second half; first half had a weird breathing thing going on.

6.(tie) Michael --it did not strike a chord for me.

8. Aaron --least worst of his performances that I've watched.

9. Andrew --couldn't have gotten on the show if this had been his audition. What was the audience hearing?

Disrespect. If Ryan and the judges don't respect the contestants, why should we? What is the matter with AI this year? They've had worse talent...and they need to stop with the crapola and get excited about their own talent!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •