The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Judge's Save Hold II: This Time, We Know It Doesn't Work."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-10, 07:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Judge's Save Hold II: This Time, We Know It Doesn't Work."
The original use was pretty much performed just for the sake of using it, wasn't it? Temporarily retain someone who couldn't win and set up the faux drama of a double-elimination for the next week. Sure, that worked out: the doomsday clock just got to freeze on a number for seven days and then everything resumed on schedule with an extra dose of pointlessness added, which always makes network executives feel better about themselves. This time around...

It's pretty easy to pick out the Chosen Ones where the top four are concerned. Most of those aren't in any danger -- yet: there are scenarios which would have a few of them slipping or maxing out their voting pools. And if one of those really went down one week, they might be held over for one more -- but what are the chances of their people really rallying? (We're still waiting to see if that can happen: until then, we don't have a real gauge on will.) Anyone other than those favored few, and the Hold will have to stay on the line until it gets to repeat a prior performance: we need extra faux drama, cue the double exit. And that's likely all it'll do -- again.

*shrug*

At least they already did the mandatory 'vote someone back in' bit.

And the chorus from so many: 'Oh, sure: now.'

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Judge's Save Hold II... Tummy 03-18-10 1
 RE: The Judge's Save Hold II... DrKegel 03-18-10 2
   RE: The Judge's Save Hold II... nailbone 03-18-10 4
 RE: The Judge's Save Hold II... zazzy 03-18-10 3
   RE: The Judge's Save Hold II... nailbone 03-18-10 5
       RE: The Judge's Save Hold II... zazzy 03-18-10 6
   RE: The Judge's Save Hold II... Colonel Zoidberg 03-20-10 7
 RE: The Judge's Save Hold II... emydi 04-01-10 8
   RE: The Judge's Save Hold II... Belle Book 04-01-10 9
 This week cahaya 04-07-10 10
 RE: The Judge's Save Hold II... true 04-08-10 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-18-10, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Judge's Save Hold II: This Time, We Know It Doesn't Work."
The ONLY reason I like this is that the one going home gets to pick what song they leave on and not the song they crapped out on.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-18-10, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Judge's Save Hold II: This Time, We Know It Doesn't Work."

Estee -

Agree pretty much with you said. Think you did leave out the part where the judges all excitedly conferred during as to whether they were going to use the save ... as if they didn't know already!

Maybe another thread should be started as to what was actually the topic of discussion last night because it wasn't Lacey? Perhaps who they shagged? Where to get the best sushi? Or why Kara returned to squeezing up next to Simon and doing a lap dance?

Tummy -

Agree that them choosing the final song is a much better idea. I'm not arguing with Lacey going, but personally the one song I wouldn't have wanted repeated from Stones' week was Tim's Under My Thumb.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-10, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Judge's Save Hold II: This Time, We Know It Doesn't Work."
the judges all excitedly conferred

conferred DURING the song that was supposed to help them decide whether or not to keep her

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-18-10, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Judge's Save Hold II: This Time, We Know It Doesn't Work."
Hmmmm. I thought the save was so they could save one of their front runners if they falter ala Chris D in season 5. They have problems with their pimped ones floundering when AI makes them sing early in the show (after usually placing them later in the show, near last or last).

Contestants I think they will use the save on if necessary:

Crystal, Siobhan, Casey, Lee, Michael

Contestants they want to make the tour but no need to save after that:

Paige, Aaron, Katie, Didi

Contestants they are happy to see go home:

Tim, Andrew

I'm not ruling out a faux save like last year--time's running out, so let's use it to boost one of the middling contestants over the other middling contestants (Matt over Anoop).

But I think the save is AI's way of getting close to the F4 it wants.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-10, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Judge's Save Hold II: This Time, We Know It Doesn't Work."
Didn't someone dub it the Daughtry Rule?

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-18-10, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Judge's Save Hold II: This Time, We Know It Doesn't Work."
Good one!

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-10, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Judge's Save Hold II: This Time, We Know It Doesn't Work."
The irony of the Daughtry Rule: There's no way in hell it would have save Daughtry, since he left at F4. The Judges' Save is like the hidden immunity idol - when it's down to 4, it's no good anymore.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-10, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Judge's Save Hold II: This Time, We Know It Doesn't Work."
ok imagine...

Next week 4/7 Katie goes...then Andrew on 4/14 no way they save these two and of course Tim is in the bottom 2 both weeks!

Then top 7 perform on 4/20 with 4/21 show being Idol gives back...either Tim is saved bc no one goes home on Idol gives back or the judges are forced into using the save because it's lovefest nite!

WOOT!

I love Teflon Timmy

pic from VFTW (or now to be known as Vote For Tim Weekly!)

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-10, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Judge's Save Hold II: This Time, We Know It Doesn't Work."
I hope not!

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-10, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "This week "
...for once, as it was meant to be played.

With at least three cards in the hand that are more worthless for the bet.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-10, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Judge's Save Hold II: This Time, We Know It Doesn't Work."
I hate the judges save. America voted, and the vote should stand. Who cares, Lunch Meat Mike isn't going to win anyway. Gak. Now his peeps will rally and keep him around another week or 2. stoopid, stoopid rule.

I hope this move bites them in the azz, and their other chosen one, Crystal goes home early because of it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •