The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Stones Week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-16-10, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Stones Week"
Gotta make this quick. I'm tired, its late...

Overall, I was impressed on a night that I thought would be a trainwreck. Well done. And suddenly...Randy is taking his happy pills. The man was almost giddy tonight?? What?

1 - Siobhan. Hands down. Well done.
2 - Crystla. Love her no matter what she does.
3 - Casey - This is who Casey is. Keep it up.
4 - Andrew - Finally, you took a chance w/o the guitar. Well done.
5 - Aaron - I thought his vocal were impecable (sp?)
6 - Didi - I like that she took a chance
7 - Lee - Well done
8 - Michael - I liked it, but others were much better
9 - Katie - eh...nothing to say
10 - Paige - Impressive if the voice thing was real
11 - Lacey - you gotta switch it up a bit
12 - Tim. Possibly the only real trainwreck?

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Sto... djandy 03-16-10 1
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Sto... cahaya 03-16-10 2
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Sto... FFantasyFX 03-17-10 3
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Sto... Glow 03-17-10 4
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Sto... csnumber23 03-17-10 5
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Sto... Estee 03-17-10 6
   RE: If I were Tim, I'd be running f... mindy23 03-17-10 7
       Or put another way. Estee 03-17-10 14
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Sto... emydi 03-17-10 8
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Sto... Snidget 03-17-10 9
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Sto... tdfrankl 03-17-10 10
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Sto... mrc 03-17-10 11
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Sto... gumnut 03-17-10 12
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Sto... Estee 03-17-10 13
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Sto... Snidget 03-17-10 16
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Sto... nailbone 03-17-10 15
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Sto... zazzy 03-17-10 17
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Sto... Belle Book 03-17-10 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-16-10, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Stones Week"
1.) Siobhan
2.) Lee
3.) Crystal

Everybody else.

11.) Andrew
12.) Tim

Where was the hard core Rock n' Roll? The contestants managed to turn an exciting theme into a pretty blah night.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-16-10, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Stones Week"
Straight and unaltered from my ECST comments:

Overall: "Gimme a break. All of the renditions we've heard so far tonight aren't even close to the real goods.... Considering the huge potential of the Stones repertoire, I'm really disappointed by all of tonight's performances."

1. Siobhan Magnus - Closest thing to a Mick Jagger scream I've heard all night. Thumbs up. I love this gal.
2. Crystal Bowersox - Good performance, excellent even, but she sure looks tired, kind of in a Janis Joplin sort of way. It seems there's something weighing her down while she could really, really shine as a free spirit. I like this gal, but I still wonder if she can take it.
3. Michael Lynche - Ho-hum generic arrangement (really, this one could kick 'a'), but his vocals come right through. He still owns the stage.
4. Aaron Kelly - Well, there goes a huge chunk of the teeny-bopper vote. Nicely done, kid.
5. Casey James - As one of the better of the top twelve, he performed well, but Mick he ain't. As good as his vocals and guitar play were, he still sounded like an imitation of the real thing.
6. Lee DeWyze - Not bad, I guess. Good song the way he played it and sang it. Still... like all of the other performances tonight, I didn't get the Stones connection. He'll survive this week.
7. Didi Benami - Stepping down from the cruise ship stairs... Ok, good performance from her, passable even, but where was the Stones sound?
8. Lacey Brown - The right arrangement for her vocal abilities, but not so sure this is the right arrangement for the song. She did ok, but it wasn't a memorable performance. She needs to break out soon or she'll be out soon.
9. Paige Miles - Pretty good for Paige, laryngitis or not, and not bad with the arrangement for a well-known song. I give her props, although I don't have false hopes of her going far. Thumbs up.
10. Katie Stevens - Well, ok performance, the right thing for her. But not for me.
11. Andrew Garcia - Simon: "I genuinely hope you survive another week." So, this guy is the Survivor. Nice try, but no cigar. Still, like some of the judges, I see some potential, yet I don't think he'll last long.
12. Tim Urban - Sub.Urban. As generic as the quarter-acre next door neighbor with the manicured lawn.

FFantasyFX 1011 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-17-10, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Stones Week"
Quick Takes:

1.) Siobhan Magnus - The only stand out performance of the night.

2.) Crystal Bowersox - Excellent vocal, but all her performances are starting to bleed together for me. She needs some sort of change up.

3.) Didi Benami - She was on the verge of meltdown not once but twice. However, I liked the performance overall and appreciated the intensity and desperation she brought to the song.

4.) Aaron Kelly - He trimmed the song to match his vocal limitations. Having said that, what he sung, he sung very well. Best guy of the night.

5.) Michael Lynche - Annoying performance, good vocal.

6.) Casey James - Good, but like Crystal, Casey's performances seem too similar from week to week to week.

7.) Paige Miles - This was her best performance that I can recall. Perhaps she should have laryngitis every week!

8.) Lee Dewyze - He was slurring his words again, had low energy, and seemed out of sorts. The song was vaguely pleasant but ultimately pointless. I think I like Lee's voice the best of all the guys, but he seems to have no idea what he's doing at this point.

9.) Katie Stevens - OK vocals, but she had all the emotion of a Stepford wife.

10.) Lacey Brown - Uneven performance and her voice still irritates me.

11.) Tim Urban - . . . and back down the rankings Tim plummets. The arrangement was not conducive to the song or Tim's limited abilities.

12.) Andrew Garcia - I don't get him, nor his song choices, nor how he manages to hang on week after week. I just don't think he has any range - it's sort of like listening to a bee buzz. Can someone lend me a fly swatter please?

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-10, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Stones Week"
I can only imagine what Tyler freaking Grady would have done this week.

liked:
Siobhan
Didi

appreciated:
Lee
Aaron

fine:
Casey
Crystal

meh:
Paige
Katie
Lacey

bad:
Tim

awful:
Michael
Andrew

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-17-10, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Stones Week"
I'm a huge Stones fan so this week I am a little more critical. There were only a few that I liked and a few that I could tell were Stones songs.

1 - Andrew Garcia - One of my favorite Stones songs and he showed more versatility than I thought he had

2 - Siobhan Magnus - I liked everything except the forced scream note near the end. She is my prediction to win it all.

3 - Katie Stevens - I think I'm in the minority that sees a lot of talent in this kid. She was one of very few that sang and I could still tell it was a Stones song.

4 - Chrystal Bowersox - Very talented but needs to change it up a little. Shouldn't have used the guitar for Stones week.

5 - Aaron Kelly - Not a fan but he did the only Stones song he could have any chance with and did pretty good.

6 - Casey James - Solid but not great performance.

7 - Lee Dewyze - He is my personal favorite and hopeful winner because I could see him head a rock band, whivh is my favorite style. However, I was very unhappy with his performance.

8 - Didi Benami - She seems to always be either just okay or really bad to me, this week I thought she was okay.

9 - Michael Lynch - I don't understand all the hype for him. I predicted he would sing that song and I was not impressed at all.

10 - Paige Miles - She was better than last week but that isn't saying much, she could go home.

11 - Lacey Brown - She has a decent unique voice but something is missing and to sit on the stage for a Stones song???? Slow or not, could you ever imagine Mick sitting for anything?? Never!

12 - Tim Urban - That performance was absolutely horrible but I have a feeling he sneaks through another week.

C.S.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-10, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Stones Week"
1. Siobhan. I'm not expecting a glory note in every performance (nor want one) and personally, I get weirder things than you free with my breakfast cereal. I just don't get them on television without the psychosis attached. Pure happy self-confident weird is a rare quality around here -- and you practically never see it attached to actual talent. Try not to leave just yet, okay? Because the next you isn't coming down the pike just yet. And possibly ever.

2. Michael. It's not life or death, it's just AI. You may be the only one who still understands that. Have as much fun as you want, stay loose, enjoy yourself, dance like no one's watching, take the ride all the way to wherever it ends. You'll be happier for it, and that much better off in the long run. We've seen what happened to the ones who made it their whole life. Some of those are still in rehab. Some don't make it out.

3. Aaron. This week, it was the one song that would save you. But move that style of choice into future weeks, and it's the return of 'Ooooh, Archie!' And you know what happened to Archie? He turned into a joke. The anti-hero: 'Look out, it's the Balladeer!' And when he ran out of fuel at the very end, he crashed into a cornfield and was never heard from again. That made us happy. And there's still plenty of room in that field -- so how happy do you think we need to be?

4. Crystal. Okay, I get it now. You are a subway performer, just with better acoustics. There's one thing you do well, you know it, and you keep coming back to it. Stay within your limits and you're fine. Leave them and you'll immediately apply for voluntary deportation. You know who you are, sure -- but where you are is in the box.

5. Didi. Improving. Establishing some sort of presence. Finding a stage identity. Completely and utterly failing to carve out any pieces of someone else's voting block. From this point on, everything is too little, too late -- but gee, won't your departure be shocking.

6. Lee. Is it too much to ask that you stay awake all the way through the performance? Am I going to be the first person who says 'He went with what he knew best: watching paint dry'? Would your version have been improved by dumping multiple cans of Snagglepuss on you at the end? Middle? Constant downpour from first note to last?

7. Paige. We'll talk about your singing once you're sabotaging yourself again instead of having a virus do it for you. Until then, consider yourself passed through.

8. Katie. If you were twenty-five, you'd be gone by now.

9. Casey. Keep trying to ride your looks: it's just an invitation for someone to give you the spurs. And your little guitar moment, taken in context, would be outlawed by the FCC.

10. Andrew. I am asking for this out of kindness. Out of mercy. For the sake of the children, please hold that man down and don't let him up until every last hair follicle is gone. Oh, and while you're at it, could you take that beehive out of his throat?

11. Lacey. 'Maybe I can't sing, but I'm a Christian who can't sing! You have to save me! Jesus doesn't get to vote!'

12. Tim. A hated song plus a weird interpretation that lost all of the original woman-suppressing hope-killing intent behind that hated song equals a deliberate svck-up to VFTW. How long do you think that's good for?

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-17-10, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: If I were Tim, I'd be running for the hills..."
Mick Jagger may be an old man, but he could still kick Tim's butt with NO problem after butchering that song the way he did!! Talk about making me squirm!!! OMHECK!! Under my thumb?? UNDER MY SKIN!!

What the heck was that? Raegae? More like train wreck. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT take a classic and screw with it like that!

OH, and BTW, Kara?? The Stones, with the exception of Brian, ARE SILL ALIVE!! Stop talking about them in past tense!! They can rock it with the best of them! Sure, Keith looks a little pastey and petrified, but whatever...they are still performing with the best of the 20 y/o's!

I think Kara is drinking a bit of the Paula juice these days..

As far as good-great, Siohban of course, and I still think Crystal can knock my socks off, any day! Lee, pretty good. Paige, not so bad, really. Aaron Kelly-pitch perfect, right on the money! You, kid, have a career in CW, that is just waiting around the corner, with Carrie Underwood! Wait and see...

Everyone else, to me, was just there, and ok. I thought it was a pretty enjoyable night, with the exception of Tim. He just did not get it. I am still steaming over that one! Can you tell I was a teen in the heat of the '60's, and the whole British Invasion? Don't play with me, 'cause you're playing with FI-RE!

03-17-10, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Or put another way."
Fair Use quoting Michael Slezak at EW (full recap at http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20312226_20352221,00.html) on Tim's performance:

'Now, look, we can all clap our hands with glee because Tim wasn't horribly out of tune throughout the performance. (Ellen, diluting the word ''great'' forever, declared ''you sounded great!'' with practiced enthusiasm, but thankfully, no hug.) And, um, yeah, I guess as Kara said, dude made the song his own by adding a reggae beat. Just like I could type the following nonsense — whfw3bfowqnfw'qf!!!k;jbc — and make this sentence ''my own.''

But all that is just a bunch of smoke and mirrors, a distraction from the truth that Tim is a musical colander. The words spill forth from him with all the nuance and conviction of boiling pasta water running through a sieve and going down the drain, never to be thought of or contemplated again. To me, ''Under My Thumb'' was the craziest kind of unintentional comedy, a theatre of the bizarre in which Tim gets rewarded for delivering a disturbingly misogynist anthem by having hoardes of tween girls text their votes on his behalf — under parental supervision. Maybe it's because I grew up in a house with five very outspoken sisters and a politically minded mother, but my inner feminist isn't sure whether to laugh or to cry that no one specifically pointed out to Tim the inherent horror of his performance. I'm overcome with the urge to paraphrase that great quote in that big, popular book: ''Forgive him, Lord, for he knows not what he's doing!'' Tim actually seems like a nice kid, and I'm glad for him he's being recognized as an individual rather than a single-serving unit from the multipack of his family, but not like this, dude. Not like this.'

That pretty much summed it up.

His order:

Crystal Bowersox
Siobhan Magnus
Didi Benami
Lee Dewyze
Aaron Kelly
Michael Lynche
Casey James
Paige Miles
Lacey Brown
Katie Stevens
Andrew Garcia
Tim Urban

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-10, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Stones Week"
Not read others

OMH that was bad....it's the Rolling Stones people...they slowed it so down that I was asleep by the end...

1. Crystal-She is the glimmer of hope I have for this season. Not her best but better than the rest of these butchers

2. Paige-she actually picked an upbeat song and sang it that way...this was her best performance by far and she can sing

3. Aaron-this was good, smart choice for him, the tweeners will love this and him

4. Michael-also upbeat and he does have stage presence which most of these yahoos don't

5. Casey-I wish he would have picked something harder and jammed more on his guitar..it was ok

6. Siobhan-yoy, let's slow it way down and then screech at the end...who likes this screeching? I did not like this at all but I give her props on the outfit and I like her quirk

7. Katie-again ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz let's slow down a slow ballad....

8. Tim-oy a reggae Under my Thumb with enunciated words, did you actually read the words church boy?

9. Lacey-ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ again a really slow Ruby Tuesday with a really weird arrangement with quick parts thruout...she's going the Gokey route with the preacher's daughter

10. Lee-ok let's Nickelback the Stones...ugh..I agree with Ellen I was expecting more from him and he clinched it for me I hate him and his milquetoast "rock"... even Daughtry would have rocked out on the Stones

11. Didi-I hated this and her faces...

12. Andrew--he can't sing...I hear there's an opening as a custodian at the Kodak theatre, so there's always that

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-10, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Stones Week"
1. Siobhan. I like your voice, you always entertain me. Keep that up, and you stay at the top of the list.

2. Didi. What? How did this happen? You usually drive me bonkers? Owning your inner b!tch really works for you. Keep that up.

3. Casey. Normally I don’t like how you use your voice, but this song really fit you well. Good job.

4. Michael. The velvet walrus. Like the smooth R&B thing. Like your voice. Giggle at your dance moves. You may keep amusing me.

5. Crystal. It was good, but didn’t you sing that song last week, or was it the week before, didn’t Tatiana get blasted for singing the same song…oh wait they were all different song titles. Love your voice, the tone, the staying on pitch thing, and part of me likes the this is who I am and I don’t care what they want me to do I’m doing my thing anyway shtick. I just need to tell the weeks apart to put you higher in the list.

6. Paige. Here more by default than anything else. Maybe you need more throat infections to get you to actually figure out how to use your voice. Sometimes letting it go can go too far and you need to focus on what you are doing and you can sing a good song.

7. Tim. People probably will hate I have him this high, but I like the tone of his voice as long as he sticks to his 5 note range. I also just giggle at him turning that song, of all songs, into a reggae love ballad. That level of cluelessness gets rewarded on this list because at least you aren’t boring me to death.

8. Katie. At least going for the obvious gave you a song you could sing. Also wish you had a few more years on you, and some emotional variation.

9. Aaron. Just wish you waited a few more years.

10. Lee. He isn’t really bad, he just isn’t really good, and he’s that guy, they have one every season. He’s the guy I’m supposed to like but yet there is just something about his voice and lack of stage presence that really just doesn’t do it for me. There seems to be one every year. Elliot, Danny, etc and there is just something in the tone of their voice that I just don’t like. And I like Elliot as a person, I just don’t want him to sing to me.

11. Lacey. I get it, you think you are really really cute, you put on a really really cutsey voice and you can’t sing and stand at the same time.

12. Andrew. I really just don’t like his voice and every performance is just too much a sad reflection of the one good song he did. Whatever hope I had during Hollywood week is dead and buried and he won’t go away and may make the darn finales just to irk me.

tdfrankl 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-17-10, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tdfrankl Click to send private message to tdfrankl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Stones Week"
1 - Siobhan: Love her
2 - Crystal: Love her as well, and is the person most likely to produce music that I would buy (now that Lilly's gone). That being said, I do think she needs to change it up a bit.
3 - Didi: Really liked her this week (and most weeks, aside from Lean On Me...) I thought her video was terrible though!
4 - Lee: The other contestant who might make a CD that I would buy. Wish he would show some more personality, though!
5 - Paige: This was my favorite performance yet for her.
6 - Michael: I didn't love it, but I do like his energy.
7 - Lacey: I'm in the minority, but I really like her voice. I think she's still terrified, while everyone else has gotten over the nerves for the most part.
8 - Aaron: It was sweet, but boring.
9 - Casey: Have never been a fan
10 - Tim: Not as bad as Katie and Andrew, but still not great. I didn't hate it as much as everyone else though.
11 - Katie: I had a hard time deciding which I liked least, her performance or Andrew's. I think her voice is a tiny bit better than his, but that's the only reason she's #11. Who keeps voting for her?!
12 - Andrew: I find him really, really boring. Loved the "I always thought my son would be a custodian" line from his dad.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-10, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Stones Week"
1. Siobhan: Clearly someone who could win this season.
2. Crystal: She's so good that I'm afraid voters will assume she's safe.
3. Didi: I was impressed with this rendition. Perfect choice.
4. Lee: Needs confidence, but this cat has got it.
5. Casey: Pretty good, but predictable.
6. Michael: Good performance, light vocals.
7. Andrew: Meh.
8. Paige: Not bad, but the outfit was horrible, and I didn't quite buy the vocal problems.
9. Lacey: Completely wrong choreography for the song.
10. Tim: Weird.
11. Aaron: I don't see what anyone sees in this guy. He's David Archuleta-lite.
12. Katie: Out of her league.

gumnut 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-17-10, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gumnut Click to send private message to gumnut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Stones Week"
Don't understand about Siobhan Magnus being #1

She is so copying Adam Lambert's singing from last season.

Siobhan is not original and its starting to irritate me with her attempt at imitating Adam's singing style.

03-17-10, 01:04 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Stones Week"
The same way Simon can seriously consider slitting his own throat at the exact moment Kara's searching for her third change of undergarments: it's all subjective. For example, I don't think Siobhan's copying Adam in any way other than working the lightshow for everything it has. She's her own breed of fowl swimming in a different pond -- but other people are going to see that differently. So it goes. Personally, I just hope she doesn't try to copy Adam's self-destruct button.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-10, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Stones Week"
I don't see her as a direct copy, there are a few similarities, but I think Michael is a lot more like Ruben than Siobhan is like Adam. Also her weirdness seems more organic than Adam's ever seemed to me. He always seemed to be more of someone who affects the weirdness to get attention where she seems like the kind who will be odd whether it gets her attention or not.

I do see where she's one people will either like, or can't stand. And that characteristic she does share with Adam. People have screamed out big notes on Idol pretty much every year, so I don't think that is unique to Adam and no one else should ever do it. Now she is theatrical but she has a theater background. I just like her version of theatrical better than I liked Adams. So sue me.

One thing that actually makes me like a contestant more is when they do something to stand out. (even when I don't happen to like their voice). The just try to stay as boring and bland as possible so no one has a reason to vote you off thing to me is just bland and boring. Unfortunately if you can be just a little less bland and boring than all the other bland and borings you can stay in the competition a really long time.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-10, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Stones Week"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-10 AT 01:42 PM (EST)

Loved:

SIOBHAN!!!! - Just amazing!
Crystal - the first goosebumps moment of the season

Liked:
Casey
Lee
Didi
Tim - yeah, I know a reggae version goes against what the song is really about, but I liked it anyway

HATE HATE HATED:
Paige - that gender-changing thing for that song was just ridiculous...and not in a good way.

The others were just meh.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-17-10, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Stones Week"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-10 AT 02:14 PM (EST)

The performances I liked:

Crystal -- I love how she handles herself and I loved this performance, too.

Casey -- While he seemed a bit stiff, he still sounded good; I enjoyed it. I think he's too concerned with what the judges think and wish someone would tell him to watch Bo Bice's performances from Season 4 so he would get an idea of how to be a rocker and use the stage.

Lee-- I really, really liked it. I think he was underpraised. I think Simon is trying to give him a "growth" path and I think Lee is in on the scenario.

Underpraised:

Tim--I liked it much better than the judges. I think he got bashed because they are ready for him to go and go early. If someone well known had done the reggae rendition, Randy would have called it “dope”. As it was, Randy seemed ready to deliver the script.

Overpraised:

Siobhan -- yes, she showed a lot, I just didn't like it as much as the judges. Maybe I need to watch it again, but it seemed sorta screamy to me.

Michael--just ok, but wtg for doing the Stones without stinking up the joint.

Didi-- I didn't even like hers as well as Lacey's and Lacey's not my cup of tea at all. Didi is starting to sound the same on everything to me, even with her "FI-RE".

Just OK

Katie-- Kat McPhee #2. That’s OK, Kat made it to second place, but that year didn’t have Siobhan and Crystal.

Paige--I liked it--fine for someone with laryngitis. I didn’t buy the judges’ “gee, I didn’t know you had laryngitis” schtick for one minute, though.

Luke warm

Lacey-- OK, a song with “Goodbye” in the title may prove to be prophetic. She leaves me luke warm and I still expect a Dolly Parton song. Dolly does the Stones. Dolly sings the Stones. Which sounds better?

Andrew--uh, no. Luke warm again and he’s the one who set the bar so high initially.

Just no

Aaron--no, just no. I’m ready for him to be gone but his favorable singing placement (next to last) and the judges probably helped keep him around.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-17-10, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 - Rolling Stones Week"
Here are my rankings:

1. Siobhan Magnus -- excellent performance! Well done!

2. Crystal Bowersox -- not your best but still very good.

3. Michael Lynch -- so-so arrangement but great performance!

4. Aaron Kelly -- very good job there!

5. Katie Stevens -- this was your best performance!

6. Didi Benami -- you took a chance and it worked out. Good.

7. Casey James -- not bad but others were better.

8. Paige Miles -- considering that you had laryngitis, not bad!

9. Lee Dwayze -- just not really my thing.

10. Lacey Brown -- nice song, so-so performance.

11. Andrew Garcia -- you're fading fast. Too bad.

12. Tim Urban -- this was a bad song choice.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •