The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"C'mon America....??!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-26-10, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"C'mon America....??!!"
OK, so you did fine with the girls. Both Ashley and Janell deserved to go.

But the guys? Joe was one of high points on Wednesday night. Tyler at least had style and potential. And you keep in Tim Urban and Alex Lambert? And John Park?

2 for 4 so far. You're not starting out good.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: C'mon America....??!! TWoman 02-26-10 1
   RE: C'mon America....??!! zazzy 02-26-10 5
 Hope for the best... Estee 02-26-10 2
   RE: Hope for the best... kingfish 02-26-10 3
       RE: Hope for the best... Snidget 02-26-10 4
           RE: Hope for the best... zazzy 02-26-10 7
               RE: Hope for the best... nailbone 02-26-10 11
                   RE: Hope for the best... Estee 02-26-10 13
               RE: Hope for the best... Estee 02-26-10 12
       RE: Hope for the best... heaven12 03-02-10 15
   RE: Hope for the best... Tahj 02-26-10 6
   RE: Hope for the best... riverrocker 02-26-10 14
 RE: C'mon America....??!! Glow 02-26-10 8
   RE: C'mon America....??!! Tahj 02-26-10 9
   RE: C'mon America....??!! geekboy 02-26-10 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TWoman 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-26-10, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TWoman Click to send private message to TWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: C'mon America....??!!"
Agree about Joe - there were so many other poorer performances to vote out. He could really have grown over time. But Tyler's schtick would have grown old quickly. Even if he had incorporated the judges comments and taken it down a notch next time, I don't think he has the vocal ability to let his performance stand alone on that. If he wasn't voted out this week it would have come sooner rather than later anyways.

That said, we are left with some other guys who may just bore us to tears. So maybe Tyler would have been a fun change up for at least the next couple of weeks.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-26-10, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: C'mon America....??!!"
Tyler could have been a Sanjaya for them...

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-26-10, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Hope for the best..."
...expect the Worsters. If the call data was halfway accurate, then we were looking at the kind of situation where their voting block makes a real difference: a few people clustered at the top and a whole bunch of near-zero percentages at the bottom. Throw their weight behind one of those barely-there contestants, and the chosen one survives to scar another round. Presto! Tim Urban 2 reappears in the lineup, and the flash powder only dazes the eyes. (And a note to Snidget: the VFTW caricature artist had TU2's bangs eat his face. Definitely not just you.) As for Alex, I'm convinced the majority of his fanbase voted on autodial after seeing his last name.

But let's be fair here -- the field of 'deserved to go', before last night, comprised more than half the competition. And there's only so many you can get rid of at once. This horribly-cast season is sewer-loaded with singers we're already sick of and must get rid of immediately -- but the toilet tank has to recharge between flushes.

Meanwhile, the scent lingers.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-10, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Hope for the best..."
Amen. Lots of vote off possibilities, hard to argue with those chosen. None of the guys have done much so far. This could be an all-female show from this point on as far as I'm concerned.

But, really, how did Lacey or Haeley survive? They were really exceptionally god-awful. VFTW is the best explanation I can think of.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-10, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Hope for the best..."
Haeley gets whatever OMG she's a teen like me!!eleven votes Katie didn't get as well as VFTW.

Janell I think had to compete with Didi for the cute blond vote and I think the "dates the quarterback" may have worked against Janell as Didi has the sob story.

Ashley is a bit of huh? for me. Usually the Hispanics out first curse mostly works against the guys more than the girls. Lacey may get bit of sympathy for the almost made it last time story and the judges seemed (IIRC) a bit harsh on her so you usually get a bit of underdog vote for that.

Some of the small boosts don't make much difference later on as the favorites have way too many fans to overcome, but in the early weed out the fodder stage those small bumps for story line or under-dog can keep you in an extra week or two. I do think when there are a few equally bad performances the one that gets slammed if other similarly bad performances get praised do tend to help the one that got slammed more than one that didn't deserve the praise.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-10, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Hope for the best..."
Slezak of EW I think was the one who made the comment that if you weren't a fan fav (Andrew, Crystal, Casey) or didn't get slammed by the judges (Tim, Lacey) and were just mediocre, then being mediocre made you more vulnerable to being voted off. Better to really suck and get the sympathy votes than to be mediocre.

And Janell, sigh, who knew she would pick an 11 octave (according to Slezak) song for her top 24 number? Wonder if it were her idea or if she got a push towards that song. Anyway, there were worse performances than hers and she did NOT deserve to go out first. She deserved to try again with the top 20. She had a good attitude, though, once Ryan handed her the news (when it was just she and Katie, she knew it was she who was going).

Also read on another board--takethis with a grain of salt--that Didi, the one who sang Kara's song before the top 24--is a friend of a guy who is Kara's friend. Can't recall if the guy is a coauthor of the song?

Maybe Didi is the Taylor Swift type that Simon was referring to? I can't get my head wrapped around Katelyn yet at all being the one and Crystal with the dreds seems to be more of the alternative type.

Screw it. I like Crystal and will root for her while watching to see what the plan is for Didi.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-10, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Hope for the best..."
Better to really suck and get the sympathy votes than to be mediocre.

There is, of course, the conspiracy theory that they'll purposely slam a favorite specifically to pick up pity votes that might be looking complacent.

02-26-10, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Hope for the best..."
what we got here
is a reality issue
ain't no theory
stone-cold fact

02-26-10, 03:58 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Hope for the best..."
My favorite Slezak line of the week, describing TU2:

"Wavy-Haired Replacement Dude Whose Falsetto Sounds Like a Gasping Baby Dachshund."

heaven12 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-02-10, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heaven12 Click to send private message to heaven12 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Hope for the best..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-10 AT 04:12 PM (EST)

No one did good on the first night this is my opinion. And simmon was so rude and arrognant to the contestants I don't know what his problem is this season but he need to put his attitude in check.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-10, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Hope for the best..."
Also agree, 100%. I like a handful. The rest can go, the sooner the better.

It's a Tribe!

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-26-10, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Hope for the best..."

>But let's be fair here -- the field of 'deserved to go', before last night, comprised more than half the competition.
And there's only so many you can get rid of at once. This
horribly-cast season is sewer-loaded with singers we're already sick of and must get rid of immediately -- but the toilet tank has to recharge between flushes.
>
>Meanwhile, the scent lingers.
>
>

Absolutely, positively AGREE!!! And "they" keep saying this is the best group they've ever had! Unbelievable.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-10, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: C'mon America....??!!"
I like Alex and I think Tim and John deserve another shot. I wouldn't have picked Joe or Tyler to go though. Certainly not based on Wednesday's performances.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-10, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: C'mon America....??!!"
I like Alex

Well he may be a Lambert, but he ain't no Adam.

It's a Tribe!
Hey you!

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-26-10, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: C'mon America....??!!"
Kara was 100% right. He sounds EXACTLY like James Morrison whose song he sang. It was kind of freaky when he started to sing that song. his vocals were good, but he was completely freaked out by being onstage and singing for people. He didn't know what to do with his hands, his feet, etc. And, at least to me, that negated his voice. We'll see how he does this week.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •