The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Top 12 Guys"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-24-10, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Top 12 Guys"
Hey, Randy-Dawg, the guys OUTSANG the girls on 'The Year Of The Girl'!! Go figure...

-----------
Lee Dewyze - LOVE HIM. Definate David Cook feel going on but his voice is still distinct. This guy could go very far.
Joe Munoz - Surprise of the night...since we heard so little of him. The guy has a great voice, and is a natural. Definate dark-horse potential here
Casey James - Damn good, unexpected to do a ballad, and he did an overdone song well.
Andrew Garcia - I liked it. I like the guy's vibe. Yeah, it was similar to the 'Straight Up' redo, but so what. He sings that style well.
Aaron Kelly - I didn't think I'd like him, but the boy does country! That too was unexpected, and it suits his voice as opposed to doing the overdone 'Disney-vibe'. Well done.

Mid
------------
Michael Lynche - I expected more, but at least he stays on tune and on pitch
Tyler Grady - Agree with the judges, but this guy is a natural entertainer. Has to focus more on vocals...but, he's fun.

Bottom o' The Barrel
-----------------------
Alex Lambert - that was INCREDIBLY uncomfortable to watch. Wow.
John Park - Yikes.
Tim Urban - Yikes x 2.
Jermaine - Way overdone, diva-boy.
Todrick - See Jermaine

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys zazzy 02-24-10 1
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys dreamerbeliever 02-24-10 2
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys mrc 02-25-10 3
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys zazzy 02-25-10 10
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys Glow 02-25-10 4
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys Tummy 02-25-10 5
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys geekboy 02-25-10 7
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys Snidget 02-25-10 6
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys zazzy 02-25-10 12
       RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys riverrocker 02-25-10 13
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys emydi 02-25-10 8
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys zazzy 02-25-10 11
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys zazzy 02-25-10 9
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys mrc 02-25-10 14
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys TanNymph 02-25-10 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-24-10, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys"
Your top and mid combined equals 7 guys. Which one doesn't make top 12? Then which one of the remaining fellows doesn't make the tour?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dreamerbeliever 3377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-24-10, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-10 AT 05:40 AM (EST)

Must not leave:

1. Lee Dewyze - easy choice. Any critsism by the judges is already forgotten, but not his performance. Loved loved loved the tone and the rasp.

2. Andrew Garcia - Like Lee, thought the judges were off base with nit-picking. Very good.

3. Casey James - enjoyed but the antics of the judges during the performance, did not enjoy.

Looking forward to hearing more:

4. Joe Munoz - like geekboy said dark-horse potential here

5. Tyler Grady - decent start

6. Michael Lynche - fun

Don't remember or I'm trying to forget:

7. Aaron Kelly
8. Jermaine
9. Alex Lambert
10. Todrick
11. Tim Urban
12. John Park

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-25-10, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys"
1. Andrew Garcia: My fave.

2. Casey James: Kara's nonsense is going to cost him a high finish in the top 12. Book it.

3. Lee Dewyze: Surprisingly good. I didn't remember anything about him.

4. Tim Urban: Better than the judges said.

5. Michael Lynche: Weird. not Haeley weird but still weird.

6. Tyler Grady: A one-trick poiny, but at least he can sing.

7. Joe Munoz: Completely forgettable.

8. Todrick Hall: A talented jerk.

9. Aaron Kelly: A Disney World performance.

10. Jermaine Sellers: Painful.

11. Alex Lambert: I saw a singer on AI once; he auditioned in Hollywood, he had a mullet. I saw him on TV last night, "yada yada," we never heard from him again.
Zazzy: But you "yada yadaed" over the best part!
Me: Oh, I mentioned the mullet . . .

12. John Park: Dood.

A Slice of Manga

02-25-10, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys"
Lol, MRC!

-------

BTW, I still peg Casey for 2nd place. He's this year's Blake.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-10, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys"
Lee – I named him my new favorite. At least for this week.
Casey – It was nice. Love his voice. I don’t get the hype about his looks though. And that whole Kara thing has been played enough already and we're still sitting at top 24.
Joe – Pleasant surprise.
Aaron – I thought that was a great choice for him. He has some quality to his voice that I like.
Andrew – It wasn’t great but he’s good.
Alex – I was too focused on his voice to notice the uncomfortableness of the whole thing. I guess? I really liked his voice.
Tyler Grady – wah. I wanted him to be better. Still like him lots though. If he comes out next week with spiky hair and a sparkly Ed Hardy t-shirt, I’m going to be bummed. Not that there’s anything wrong with spiky hair and unreal t-shirts, I quite like them. I just don’t want to see Tyler’s trip to the mall change his style.
Michael Lynche – it was fine.
John Park – A different song would have done wonders, I think.
Tim Urban – He is adorable but ouch.
Todrick – bonus point for trying to be creative puts him above Jermaine, who I couldn’t even listen too.
Jermaine – ack. I ff’ed.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-25-10, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys"
I'm just dittoing Glowie here.

I don't know if I'm going to enjoy this season at all. So far there's no one I'm pulling for and usually by this time I'm already a fan of a couple. This time around I'm just "meh".

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-25-10, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys"
{{{ HUGS }}}

Nice to see you here again! And, we agree!!

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-10, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys"
Gosh, I really thought all the noises that came out of my TV were universally bad with the boys last night. I think I'm going to rank them all at 12.

At least I liked a few of the girl's performances but I'm having a hard time trying to force myself to do a rewatch to try and rank them out.

If this keeps up, this will be a long season.

02-25-10, 12:17 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys"
We need to come up with some sort of drinking game for this season because I don't think I'll be able to watch it otherwise. That or can we skip ahead to top 7? And I am already dreading the torture that some theme nights will bring, designed to eliminate contestants one by one who are threats to their plan. Crystal pulling ahead? Here comes Broadway tunes night.

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-25-10, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys"
>We need to come up with
>some sort of drinking game
>for this season because I
>don't think I'll be able
>to watch it otherwise.
>That or can we skip
>ahead to top 7?
>And I am already dreading
>the torture that some theme
>nights will bring, designed to
>eliminate contestants one by one
>who are threats to their
>plan. Crystal pulling ahead?
>Here comes Broadway tunes night.
>

Absolutely agree!!! DH & I sat through the two nights and said, 'we need a drinking game in order to keep watching this'!

Yikes.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-10, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys"
This was a horrendous nite. I watched it on DVR and ffed through parts and it still seemed like forever to get through the 2 hours. Can we call it a 24 person tie now and be done with it?

Like smidge, it took me a long time to rank these...I kept running out of the higher nos to assign them!

1. Lee D-nice tone to his voice but this was not really that great just best of this awful nite

2. Aaron K-I think I'm having a mother hen/baby chick thing with him. He is just so darn cute, you know like a puppy. The tweeners will keep him in this thing until at least top 12

3. Mike L-I like him even if he did miss the birth of his baby (hey Bryan Cranston also missed his baby's birth on Breaking Bad bc he was transporting crystal meth) I liked his song choice it was upbeat. But was he really playing the guitar or just pretending?

4. Casey J-even though Kara and Randy (I hate them) ruined the beg for him, he did okay, I really hate this song though but he sang it well, comparably anyway

5. Joe M-he is the female Michelle D. for me bc he was complete fodder but he was decent...he reminds me a bit of Fez from That 70s Show..."I said 'Good Day'"

6. Andrew G-this was meh, he is the pimped one and he fell flat, but he's very safe for a while

7. John P-omh what an awful song choice...not that great. He's the fulfilling the first out Asian male Idol role nicely...

8. Tyler G-I liked the beginning sort of and then he started his schtick...He has a horse face just like Ashley

9. Tim Urban-I knew he would be VFTW pick too...he has to make it to the tour now that Simon said he shouldn't have been in top 24...but he should have been in the top 25?

10. Jermaine-om this was awful but I think he may have saved himself for a week anyway with the stuff afterwards with Michael etc I hope he sticks around for some more humor

11. Alex L-this was bad and I really don't like his voice that much

12. Todrick Hall-really bad. Do you think he'll get his $50 back from Idol?

02-25-10, 12:11 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys"
Emydi, LOL on the $50!

02-25-10, 11:56 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys"
1. Part way into the show I thought "why am I watching this show?"

2. Simon's gauntlet throwing before the show became clear...he knew the night would suck and he was going to be out in front of it, distancing himself, even though he cast these guys.

3. Are they that desperate to have a girl win that they cast these guys...and yet apparently they are. I remember thinking the same thing about the guys the year Jordin Sparks won. Except for Blake, who was entertaining and a breath of fresh air. That year's top 6 guys were Blake, Chris R, Phil, Chris S, Sanjaya, and Brandon.

4. I like Ellen but they don't need 4 judges. Clearly she is to be the one to make them feel better after they have been turned into sausage on stage.

Look forward to hearing next week: Casey

Curious about next week: Lee, Andrew, Tyler

Can take or leave: Joe, Aaron, Michael

Might fast forward through: Jon, Jermaine, Tim, Alex

Never need to hear again: Todrick

In the order they appeared:

Todrick: flat when he did sing which wasn't much

Aaron: pimped to make the top 12. I think he'll get extra behind the scenes coaching to bring him along.

Jermaine: shrieky. Next.

Tim: like an Ace Young but Ace was better and better eye candy. Next.

Joe: did fine. Want more than fine.

Tyler: made me watch; confident; not the best pipes.

Lee: held off bandzilla; sang flat at times; but had something--it's his tone that's appealing

Jon: not current and clearly cannon fodder. I really felt sorry for him getting ground up in the AI machine. Has he watched the show before? No ballads in the semifinals! They want entertainment and energy!

Michael: could he on the radio today but not my cup of tea. LOL that he intimidates Simon.

Alex: Next.

Casey: good voice, good vibrato, already want to hear what he will sing next week before he's done singing this week. Kara, enough with the cougar crap. It's gotten old already.

Andrew: contemporary but agree with the judges. Straight Up was better. Bring it, Andrew.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-10, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys"
I'm pretty sure that the judges were pimping the bad singers last night to increase the odds of a woman winning. That's my only explanation for some of the positive comments.

A PATCH of banana skin

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-25-10, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Guys"
Very underwelmed...

Todrick - So let me get this straight, they want you to make it your own, just not tooooo much your own. I thought the arrangement was fine, it was the singing that was bad.

Aaron - He's a good singer. A little boring though.

Jermaine - Simon's favorite word - indulgent. And not that good.

Tim - ok, he is cute and hope he sticks around for redemption but that was not good

Joe - boring

Tyler - He is so cool. But that was not good. Maybe song choice?? I think he is better than that. Hope he gets another chance.

Lee - I didn't much care for him but the rest of my family did.

John - Not good

Michael - Just the wrong song for him. I like Maroon 5 & thought he kinda butchered it.

Alex - Most uncomfortable performance ever. Nerves took him over I think. I think he is better also.

Casey - I know this will be unpopular but HE IS HOT!! Kara & I must have the same taste in men. Did he sing?? Oh yeah, it was pretty good, not great.

Andrew - I thought he was pretty good. Did not understand the judges comments at all.

In danger:
Todrick
Jermaine
Tim
John
Alex

Probably going home: Todrick & John

{crosses fingers its not Tim or Tyler}

A Capn2Patch original

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •