The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-23-10, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Wow. Girls year to win? Hmm. Not so sure, lets discuss that more in 24 hours. I don't know about you but I was pretty much overwhelmed with disappointment tonight.

Words in my head: Nerves, karaoke, boring, unoriginal...

I don't even know if this deserves rankings, and i'm not going to rank all 12. Sitting here typing this, only three stick in my mind. That's just 25%. Wow.

Lilly Scott - "Fixing A Hole" by the Beatles. She wins the award for most obscure song choice that actually worked. Damn fine job of sticking to who you are. Bravo.

Crystal Bowersox - "Hand In My Pocket" by Alanis. My favorite going into tonight and she did good. Didn't wow me like I was hoping for but she was - like Lilly - She was Crystal.

Siobhan - "Wicked Game" - She wins for surprising me. Well done and shows that "Living In The City" wasn't a fluke.

Thats it out of all 12. Didi really disappointed me as did Lacey, my other favorites.

And Ashley? Wow, major trainwreck.

C'mon girls, pick it up. You can do better.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls Corvis 02-24-10 1
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls emydi 02-24-10 8
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls kingfish 02-24-10 2
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls mindy23 02-24-10 3
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls Estee 02-24-10 4
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls mrc 02-24-10 5
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls TanNymph 02-24-10 6
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls emydi 02-24-10 7
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls nailbone 02-24-10 15
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls Snidget 02-24-10 9
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls Tummy 02-24-10 10
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls zazzy 02-24-10 12
       RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls Tummy 02-24-10 13
           RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls zazzy 02-24-10 14
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls zazzy 02-24-10 11
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls Glow 02-25-10 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-24-10, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
1) Crystal Bowersox – “Hand In My Pocket” by Alanis Morisette - Excellent version of the song, but not very original. She kind of turned me off with her comments about Idol and how she was in it for just the money. Still, I liked her a lot.

2) Katie Stevens – “Feeling Good” by Michael Buble – She was the only person who sang tonight and I thought I could actually see her winning this. I thought the judges were right about her being younger, but she sang the song really well. One of the top performances of the night.

3) Michelle Delamor – "Fallin’" by Alicia Keys – She's excellent. Nothing unique about her, but that was an excellent performance and if she takes a risk next and pulls it off, she'll shoot to the top of list.

4) Paige Miles – “Alright Now” by Free - Not bad at all. Wish we'd seen more of her. Going first is going to kill her.

5) Siobhan Magnus – “Wicked Game” by Chris Isaak – I liked this. I think she is a dark horse if she can make it through these first couple of weeks.

6) Didi Benami – “The Way I Am” by Ingrid Michaelson – I liked her performance more than Lilly's but not as much as Crystal's.

7) Lilly Scott – “Fixin’ A Hole” by the Beatles – I like Lilly, but she's not as good as Crystal or Didi and there can only be one (maybe two) funky chicks in the Top 12.

8) Katelyn Epperly – “Oh Darlin’” by the Beatles – She represented Iowa well which was nice. But she's not as good as some of the others.

9) Haeley Vaughn – “I Want to Hold Your Hand” by the Beatles – I get that she didn't sing it perfectly, but I really liked that she made a new version of the song.

10) Janell Wheeler – “What About Love” by Heart - Yeah, that was bad.

11) Ashley Rodriguez - “Happy” by Leona Lewis - Aw man, my pick to win sucked! She could be in real trouble.

12) Lacey Brown – “Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac – This was just awful. From the first note, she was off. Very disappointing.

Should Go: Lacey, Janell
Will Go: Lacey, Paige

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-24-10, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
She kind of turned me off with her comments about Idol and how she was in it for just the money.

Oh my this made me like her even more...she's at least honest about it no other reason why she's on AI

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-10, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Lilly Scott stole the show for me. Blew me away in a limited range, understated way. By far the best. If she keeps pulling that kind of stuff out of her bag of street tricks, she should win, at least among the women.

Siobhan's performance was hypnotizing. Lilly will have to fall on her face to lose, but if she does, Siobhan could take it all.

Michelle Delamor, I thought she did well, a professional night for her. Win or lose she should have a singing career.

Crystal Bowersox did well, and has an appealing quality to her performing. I expected her to to better however.

Everybody else was forgettable.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-24-10, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Can't really add to what you guys have said on the side of who was really good, and in that order, except that Haeley was just horrid. I almost felt sorry for her, but I was so upset about how she butchered my Beatles that I just couldn't....
She was way out of her league last night!

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-10, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
1. Siobhan Magnus – “Wicked Game” This isn't just backing the Isle, this was the most intriguing performer of the night -- at least for the 'gosh, the editors tried to sandbag you' definition of 'intriguing'. Needs to work on getting some kind of personality across once the music stops, but has a chance to reach Top #12 if she can just keep distinguishing herself within the stack of cannonballs.

2. Lilly Scott – “Fixin’ A Hole” Established her identity in one song: 'Vote for me, I'm quirky!' (Okay, who opened the can of pork & beans?) Did something a little different at a higher level than most of the competition, but may not have connected with enough of the audience to get a long-term fanbase going.

3. Michelle Delamor – "Fallin’" In direct contrast, might have won a sing-alike contest, but had as much individuality as a photocopy. Still, it was a nice, clear photocopy with plenty of toner and no major ink spots obscuring the words, so...

4. Crystal Bowersox – “Hand In My Pocket” And a harmonica in your mouth, which just might have been the boldest move of the season-to-date. It's also the most personality you've shown beyond your background story. Top out here, and you're riding your interview cells in an endless circle over the same quarter-mile track.

5. Katelyn Epperly – “Oh Darlin’” Sort of competent. Still feels like a generic contestant. At a certain point during last night's show, that was on schedule to be high praise.

6. Janell Wheeler – “What About Love” Singing Heart normally signals the death knell for any contestant: that she came through it with any votes intact proves she's got a little ability. No skill at song choices, but ability? A touch. As-is, the bell is still ringing -- but it may take a few weeks before we hit midnight.

7. Didi Benami – “The Way I Am” You are on the way to Whoville.

8. Katie Stevens – “Feeling Good” My impression from last night hasn't changed: Parvati Shallow Jr. It's an insult, it's cruel, it's arguably one of the worst things that could be said about anyone, and when describing that routine she presented to cap the show, it's so very accurate...

9. Paige Miles – “Alright Now” No. No, it wasn't. This was the first time (and won't be the last) this season when the judges directly tried to save someone after a horrible round. 'But you're so talented! You have the best voice here! You could be a star! And somehow, it's not your fault that the entire performance made us pass our fumigation license!'

10. Ashley Rodriguez - “Happy” No. No, I wasn't.

11. Lacey Brown – “Landslide” Let's just skip to the part where she tries to have sex with Bret Michaels.

12. Haeley Vaughn – “I Want to Hold Your Hand” The power of this performance's svck is the reason Los Angeles residents woke up this morning to discover their city was fifteen feet narrower. 'It's not graffiti, it's art!' No, it's desecrating a shrine. Go directly to jail.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-10, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
1) Crystal Bowersox-Good but not great. She has the most talent, I think, but does she have the passion?

2) Katie Stevens-I liked her, but she needs personality.

3) Siobhan Magnus–This chick is strange and nasally, yet I liked her performance.

4) Didi Benami–I may have picked the wrong blonde to win.

5) Lilly Scott–She needs to choose a hair color that isn't between grey and white.

6) Katelyn Epperly–I thought she did a decent job, but her appearance was verging on Munster-like.

7) Haeley Vaughn–I didn't hate this song, but I can see why people don't like her.

8) Michelle Delamor–Yawn.

9) Ashley Rodriguez-Forgettable.

10) Janell Wheeler-I should probably take back my prediction that Janell will win.

11) Paige Miles-I thought she was completely forgettable and flat.

12) Lacey Brown–Wow. Suckitude.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-24-10, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Comments in order of performance

Paige Miles - I did not like the song choice. Didn't think she was that great and totally didn't understand the comment that she had the best voice in the competition.

Ashley Rodriguez - She is very pretty. She was ok. Nothing special but should be here next week.

Janell Wheeler - Not bad but not good either. Could be in danger.

Lilly Scott - I liked her. She is very quirky and unique. Could she be a female Taylor Hicks? Time will tell.

Katelyn Epperly - Also very pretty. Also just ok. Also should make it to next week.

Haeley Vaughn - I give her credit for changing the arrangement but you still gotta sing well. She is just not very good.

Lacey Brown - Major dissapointment. I liked her and thought she was better than that. Don't think she will get a chance to redeem herself.

Michelle Delamor - She is really pretty. Thought it was a good cover. She should be safe.

Didi Benami - Good job and at least she didn't cry. I want to see how she does out of her comfort zone. I really like her.

Siobhan Magnus - My favorite of the night. Big surprise to me. Love that song and thought she did a fine job with it. She has no personality though.

Crystal Bowersox - My second favorite. Love her voice. I wish she'd lose the harp and just sing. They only get a short time to sing and it is a singing competition.

Katie Stevens - The girl can sing for sure. I agree that the song was too old for her but she sang it well.

In trouble:
Paige - going first & singing the wrong song
Janell - song too big
Haeley - just not good
Lacey - just not good

A Capn2Patch original

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-10, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-10 AT 12:59 PM (EST)

Didn't read anyone's yet

1. Crystal-the longer she stays the whiter her teeth will become. I like her a lot and she did the best imho...I would have liked a different song Crystallized though

2. Lilly-wraith-chic I like her and hope she Crystal and Sibhon stick around

3. Sibhon-I really like her and she did ok but it was a bit too low for me...but she makes funny faces like Kris and he was last year's dark horse!

4. Michelle-she surprised me only bc I thought she was complete fodder.

5. Katie-she sang pretty well in comparison...she is the chosen one and got the pimp spot accordingly

6. Katelyn-she also surprised me, she sang comparably well but looked awful

7. Haeley!!!-I knew it even before she was chosen as VFTW..the lisp, the smiling, the costume, the arrangement...what a star!!

8. Lacey-I like her but this was bad but others imho were a lot worse

9. Paige-omh she'e the best, Simon, really? what a horrible song choice like Adam's FogHat! Free? really you had the entire Billboard chart for the last bazillion years...I had her marked down as Should and will go in my notes...but I ended up crossing that out bc of the last 3

10. Didi-oh my, i'm just too cool for all of you...I hate her and this was indulgent and boring

11. Ashley-omh this was really bad and she was supposed to be a front runner

12. Janelle-Tim will be waiting for you...make sure you use a condom tho...that was horrible

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-10, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
6. Katelyn-she also surprised me, she sang comparably well but looked awful

I thought she looked gorgeous. I wonder if the make-over has anything to do with Simon's proclamation that he's looking for the next Taylor Swift.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-10, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
1. Crystal—I actually like the honesty of I gotta make some money. Not some trying to change the world of music or whatever people say when they don’t want to admit being a famewhore. Love the one woman band thing and I really really like the way her voice sounds.

1.1 Siobahn—Most random song choice ever. I love her weirdness and just hope it is endearing enough to keep her around awhile. Voice was actually listenable in the lower register which usually is the bane of most AI girl contestants. Really seems to connect to what the music is talking about.

3. Lilly—Has a really nice tone to her voice. Good choice of something not so famous or so easy to compare her to the original. Showed her personality and showcased her voice well.

4. Michelle—Sure it was sound alike, but she is so far the only women not named Alicia Keys who has sung that song where I didn’t need to kill small cute fuzzy things when they were done. She has a really well trained voice, but needs to show more personality and will have to do something other than sound alike to get to the end. Got the red couch interview with Katie.

5. Katie—Has a good voice, but I’m so sick of the teenybopper trying to be a 50 year old torch singer in a lounge act. You can’t pull off sophisticated or world weary so please stop.

6. Katelyn—Like her voice more than some of the others, but the twichy performance and the make up made me think of a drunk relative at a wedding that just had a bad breakup. All we needed was for the lipstick to be smeared a bit.

7. Paige—Don’t clap with the mic. Sang mostly on key. Didn’t quite work the mic right on the glory note that distorted it a bit. Not a bad performance, but song didn’t seem to suit her voice or showcase it. Nothing special about her voice for me to like, but she can actually sing on stage live.

8. Janell—Starts off with a nice rasp and that might have worked if she’d switched up the song but as it got more up tempo she lost what was good in the start and didn’t like how she did the glory notes. Could have actually done something nice with this, but didn’t quite get there.

9 Didi—Trying way too hard to be quirky and other girls do it much more convincingly. Do not sing songs about Rogaine. This is for everyone. Just don’t. Really bad product placement idea. Find other products to sing about, please.

10. Ashley—Started too low for her voice. Too breathy holding the mic too close so all the puhs and buhs were distracting. Nothing special about the performance. Didn’t really show any personality. Wasn’t really bad, but nothing really to vote for.

11. Lacey—Song did not suit the cutsey Betty Boop ishness in her voice. A lighter song would have suited it much better. Unfortunately there are too many good versions of this to compare it to so really made it seem worse than it is.

15. Haeley—Lose the headbands with the big floppy flowers, please. Off Key in a really bad way. If the dogs in the neighborhood figure out it was my TV that set them howling I’m going to get bit. I just know it. That was really painful.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-24-10, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
First off - Did none of these girls watch last season when Adam (and to a far lesser extent Chris:and I think only because he was roommates with Adam) took a song and made it his?

This was amateur Kara-oke night (pun intended). Horrid. And after all the hoopla about the girls I was sooo disappointed.

1. Siobhan Magnus – I'm going to give this to her and chalk up any weakness to first night jitters.

2. Lilly Scott – I always love a quirky girl and I do like that she's dedicated to music.

3. Michelle Delamor – very good Kara-oke (ok, that's the last time I use that, I promise).

4. Crystal Bowersox – I want to like her, I do, but there's something about her that makes me think that she "thinks" she better than she really is.

5. Katelyn Epperly – Way better than I thought she would be.

6 and 7. Janell Wheeler and Didi Benami – Janell and Didi are inter-changable for me.

8. Katie Stevens – better start picking songs that are right for her or she won't last long.

9, 10, 11. Ashley Rodrigues, Paige Miles, Lacey Brown –Way off. I thought Ashley and Lacey would rank higher for me. But that was before they sang!

12. Haeley Vaughn – Please, just go. That was horrid.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-24-10, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Wow, I'm surprised you attribute Kris's ability to change up a song to rooming with Adam. Adam's changed song versions were actually obscure versions that can be found on you tube sung by other artists--Adam just shined a light on them and added his cache. I think Adam did them with flare; imo Kris was more original but a lot less flare.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-24-10, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
If I'm not mistaken, I read an interview where Kris even acknowledged Adam's help with some of his arrangements. So you shouldn't be too surprised when even Kris is giving credit where credit is due.

02-24-10, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Thanks. Maybe I reacted because you said "only because".

02-24-10, 12:37 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Truly enjoyed and looking forward to hearing next week: Didi, Crystal, Lilly

Sang well but didn’t grab me: Katie, Siobhan, Michelle, Katelyn

Didn’t wow me but I like : Janell

Didn’t do it for me at all: Ashley, Lacey, Paige

Has great spark but wouldn’t want to hear on the radio: Haley

In the order that they sang:

Paige what were the judges thinking/hearing? And Simon asserts that she’s the best of the females? What is he smoking? And why did Ryan have her reveal that she was waiting to pee? She will not be the TCO.

Ashley--had a professional veneer but I didn’t like it. Agree it is tough to sing one that an anointed diva already sings. Did not spark for me at all.

Janell--it seemed like she was taking a safe road but got beat up for it because it’s a big song. I think she’ll be fine and this will be part of her growth story. No one is expecting her to be the front runner after this week’s performance. That’s how AI likes it. They want to bring her along…and then anoint her, like they did Jordin Sparks.

Lilly--I enjoyed it; she brought originality to it. Randy pegged and pigeonholed her: you are a real indy artist”. This season’s Brooke White. Top 6? She exudes cool.

Katelyn--it was impressive but didn’t grab me.

Haeley--I completely agree that she didn’t have the voice or technique but damn, that girl has spark! She is very appealing and tried to make it her own. Thankful for Ellen saving her drubbing by saying “hot mess”.

Lacey--she must be an acquired taste because she was not for me. I did hear shades of Dolly Parton in her singing, though. Wonder how she would do with a country song.

Michelle--I thought she held her own but again, this one did not grab me.

Didi--Thought it was good from the beginning. I could listen to her on the radio right now. Looking forward to her next week.

Siobhan--thought she did a good job with it. Extremely low in the beginning though. But I can take her or leave her.

Crystal--I really liked her. She is the alternative singer for the season. Enjoyed the harp bit and that she’s truly naïve about the show. They put her next to last for a reason, They know she’s a draw for the show.

Katie--Kat McPhee #2. Very good and very molded. But I want more of a connection.

Also enjoyed EW's Michael Slezak's write up:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20312226_20346519,00.html

He called it "Ladies Blight"

"Season 9's 12 female semifinalists take the stage for the first time, but pitch problems and nerves derail more than half the pack"

Here's his ranking:

1. Crystal
2. Didi
3. Siobhan
4. Katelyn
5. Lilly
6. Michelle
7. Katie
8. Janell
9. Haeley
10. Ashley
11. Paige
12. Lacey

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-10, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Lilly
Siobhan
Crystal
Katelyn
Didi

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •