The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-03-10, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
What a difference a week makes...

As anyone who has been following these boards knows, I like the unique, the quirky, the oddball out, when it comes to Idol contestants. We are drowning in quirky this season!

I have sort of a tie for my top two tonight, and both are unique and quirky.

Tops
----

Crystal Bowersox - Pure Brilliance! To come back after reportedly having a diabetic attack, and get on stage with such presence and do what you did...Amazing. You are what this show is about. I was thinking to myself as you were finishing as to how i remember Kelly the first season, then Simon quotes me...

Lilly - Another piece of brilliance. So totally Lilly. Two weeks going and you interpret songs like nobody else. I loved it. I give Crystal the edge with her Americana vibe, but you are equally as brilliant.

Siobhan - The song has been done over and over, and you make it special again with (again) your quirky vibe. You are a dark horse.

Mid-tier
---------
Didi - I actually liked your interpretation, but it appears nobody else did. Your voice is so unique, I hope you bring more next week.

Paige - Like Didi, perhpas not the best song choice, but it definately showed off your voice. Not sure where you fit in genre wise.. .and i don't think you know either.

Lacey - I liked it. Again, your voice won me over, along wiht the fact that you were leaps and bounds better than last week's trainwreck.

Katie - You haven't wowed me yet, but I think you have it in you. Song choice. Song choice. Song choice.

Katelyn - Man, that was some sloooooooooooow Coldplay. To me, the song lost its edge due to how slow you sang it.

Bottom O' The Barrel
---------------------

Michelle - That simply did NOT work. Creed??!! What???

Haeley - Wow, that was bad. Incredibly bad. Whatever happened to Haeley from auditions who wanted to be a black female country singer???

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls kingfish 03-04-10 1
   RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls kingfish 03-04-10 12
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls mrc 03-04-10 2
   RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls nailbone 03-04-10 13
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls Glow 03-04-10 3
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls Tummy 03-04-10 4
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls emydi 03-04-10 5
   RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls Tummy 03-04-10 6
       RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls Kyree 03-04-10 7
           RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls geekboy 03-04-10 8
               RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls Tummy 03-04-10 9
                   RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls zazzy 03-04-10 17
               RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls nailbone 03-04-10 15
       RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls emydi 03-04-10 16
           RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls zazzy 03-04-10 18
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls Corvis 03-04-10 10
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls zazzy 03-04-10 11
   RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls nailbone 03-04-10 14
   RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls TanNymph 03-04-10 19
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls Belle Book 03-04-10 20
   RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls mindy23 03-04-10 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-04-10, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
Agree with first three (didn't see Crystal, but based on previous nites I'd put her in the top three). I'd add Katie in fourth, that young girl singing in that style is growing on me, it's not so jarring the second time around.

After that, tied for last.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-10, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
Finally watched Crystal on the web site...

That was the performance of the evening. Wow. I listened to is several times.

It should end up to be between her, Lilly, and Sibodan(?) and Big Mike. Amd a couple of (who cares who) more guys.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-10, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
1. Siobhan: I'm still shocked by that note. Wow.

2. Crystal: Overly pimped by Simon last night, but she's very good.

3. Katie: Good, but she needs to become relevant.

4. Katelyn: If I closed my eyes, she was good.

5. Lilly: I didn't see why all the tongue-bathing last night, but I like her.

6. Didi: She needed to do something special. She might be in trouble.

7. Paige: Didn't like it. She does nothing for me.

8. Lacey: Should have done a more obscure Sixpence song.

9. Michelle: I don't get the love for her.

10. Haeley: Well, it was a country song by a country artist. Sort of.

Sigs by Bob about chalk dust. Pretty exciting stuff

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-10, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
4. Katelyn: If I closed my eyes, she was good.

You'd close your eyes rather than watch that gorgeous girl?!?!?!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-10, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
hmmm. I thought this was supposed to be a girl's year. Aside from the top three, I see nothing really special... except for my possible girlcrush on Katelyn. Maybe I just don't like girls... except, of course, for my possible girlcrush on Katelyn.

Lilly
Siobhan
Crystal

(gap)

Katelyn
Didi

(gap)

Katie
Paige

(gap)

Lacey - she sooooo looks the part and has something there that I really like. I want better from her.

(gap)

Haeley - I kind of like the spelling of her name but then the e's start to annoy me. Kind of like listening to her. I kind of like her voice but then I get annoyed. She's just not ready yet. She has to learn how to use everything she has going for her (which is a lot).

(gap)

Michelle - I like her more than I did last week. I appreciated her choosing a "rock" song. Unfortunately it didn't work. It sounded like Jermaine helped her with it.

I do not adore any of these girls yet (except Katelyn is soooooo pretty) like I do a couple of the boys. The closest I have to a favorite girl is Lilly. I'm hoping to be forced to choke on my early boy favoritism.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-04-10, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
1. Siobhan - my Gawd that whole performance was effortless. Including that note.

2. Lilly - there's something about her that I like more than Crystal.

3. Crystal - way to bring it even when she's sick.

4. Didi - I like her voice, but she's got to start picking better songs quick.

5. Lacey - just ditto what I said about Didi.

6. Katelyn - I thought that was lovely. Didn't mind the slowness, at all.

7. Paige - yes she can sing but...

8. Katie - just not into her

9. Michelle - didn't like that at all. She can sing but I've never been the diva fan.

10. Haeley - seriously how did she make top 24?

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-10, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
Again I kept saying as I was going thru the show via DVR "When is this gonna be over?" (Hint: watch another show for a nice diversion Last nite I watched Modern Family in between to lighten my mood What a great show. Mommy!)

But not quite as bad as last nite or last week (both)

1. Crystal-again the best for me went first. Idol wants a big start and puts someone there that is in no way in trouble...I loved this song, it was the best of year so far for me

2. Paige-I liked that I think she does have a very good voice. And shut up Kara about writing it and telling her she should know exactly what you were thinking...again it's all about her for Kara

3. Katelyn-I like this, her voice Plus bonus-- she makes faces! and she IS a pretty thing isn't she Glowie?

4. Katie-I liked this more than the judges and more than last week. I like the tone of her voice

5. Sibhon-I thought the song choice was bad and the glory note was screaching but I really like Sibhon she is the real quirk
this year

6. Lilly-meh she destroyed the song and while Crystal is authentic and Sibhon is quirky imho, Lilly is forcing it, whatever IT is. I want her to play that toy flute thing on stage though!

7. Haeley-omh Miley Cyrus...well at least she actually sang the song...Kara says she needs another year...so why not give it to her and not put her in top 24? She's so VFTW-worthy though and she'll be safe

8. Lacey-I want to like her more but she just isn't bringing it...this was bad

9. Michelle-Creed, really, Creed? Why not Nickelback? Ugh this was horrible song choice and she made this ##### poor song even worse, if that's even possible?

10. Didi-omh she is awful..what an awful song choice and I really do not like the tone of her voice. I'm surprised she didn't pull a Gokey and say she picked it bc it reminds her of her bff

03-04-10, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
I watch AI from the dvr an hour after it airs - there's some I just can't sit thru and I find I'm FFing thru Ellen.

Love, love, love Modern Family!

Kyree 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-04-10, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kyree Click to send private message to Kyree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-10 AT 12:12 PM (EST)

Ditto Tummy. I can't watch it if I can't fast forward, but I mainly FF through Cara, the single MOST annoying judge ever on AI, including Paula. She has no thought process of her own. I'm sure she's read here or other places that last season, she parroted Randy, so now, to get away from those observations, she's branching out and occasionally disagreeing with the entire panel, which leaves her looking dumb. One more thing......the cougar comments were old the first time I heard them....STOP IT ALREADY. She seemed to backtrack night before last on poor Casey and slam him to the max. I'm sorry he got caught up in her idiocy. There isn't/wasn't much he could do to stop that trainwreck.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-04-10, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
Personally, I like this judging panel. My least favorite is Randy. He seems totally clueless this season. You dind't mix it up, you mixed it up too much, boring, etc...

I like Kara's critiques, Ellen I think it doing pretty well so far. I'm surprised how much I agree with her most of the time.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

03-04-10, 01:24 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
With Simon leaving I think they should chuck the entire bunch of them and start over.

Kara and the cougar comments have made me too ill to ever recover from. Ellen just irritates me. Randy says the same thing over and over again. Simon just seems irritated this year, oh wait, that's every year.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-04-10, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
Ellen seems limited already. She has a joke or two at the ready but she seems like she's searching for something to say instead of already being ready with some helpful comments. I get that she's stretched with two shows but that was her choice. Wonder how she likes being on the "inside" of the show.

Did you catch her expression before Tim Urban started to sing? She and other judges already had their faces set like they had been sucking on lemons. They were ready to diss him before he sang his first note. Ellen is in on the agendas, now.

As for Randy, he's there to advance the agendas. There are certain people he's supposed to throw doubt on and certain people he's supposed to praise. His dissing Kris's Falling Slowly last year still sticks in my mind, with no one in the media agreeing with him the next day and Simon telling Kris on results night that it was "brilliant". Heh. After the votes were in. Anyway, I watch Randy to see what agendas are being pushed, like Lilly was last night.

03-04-10, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
I'm with you, Geekboy. I think Kara's comments have made the most sense.

Her comments to Paige about her song "Walk Away" were spot on. You don't need to be psychic to know what the song's about, and that it's not all happy-happy. Just listen to the actual words you're singing.
And obviously, they told her to tone down the "cougar" stuff with Casey.

Randy is just stupid, with his "don't change it", "change it", "don't change it" inconsistency. Ellen worries too much about hurting feelings. And Simon, is just Simon.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-10, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-10 AT 04:08 PM (EST)

Usually, I start watching at about 8:30-40 so I get done around the time the show ends. But Yesterday I FFed too much and caught up so I watched MF. I can't watch AI live. I guess it's 8:50-9:00 to start esp with less people singing and more filler. On thurs. I DVR both SUrvivor and AI and I watch Survivor until a commercial then watch AI on DVR and go back and forth and can watch both in 1 hour.

03-04-10, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
LOL, last night when Haley was singing I got up and started some laundry because I thought that was more useful than watching her. Thank goodness for DVRs! Wish I had remembered to watch Modern Family. And that's a good tip for tonight's Survivor, now that Survivor's drawn me in again after skipping several seasons.

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-04-10, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
Top three - hard to pick one over the others:

Crystal - I am reminded of Chris Daughtry who knew exactly who he was from the start and showed that every week. Crystal is going to be Crystal. She's great if you like that sort of music. I do. I am distracted by her missing back teeth though.

Lilly - Like Crystal, Lilly knows who she is and is confident. I wonder if her quirkiness will allow her to last in the competition, but there's no way she's going before Top 10.

Siobhon - She's great. Powerful singer, chooses good songs, she really is the dark horse who could go all the way.

4. Paige - I really like her voice and her stage presence. But I don't know what kind of singer she really wants to be.

5. Katelyn - Shocked by how good this was. I didn't mind the slow version at all. And I'm a sucker for a girl who can play a piano. And she's from Iowa!

6. Michelle - I liked this one, too. Picked a different song and made it work. I wouldn't say I liked it more than the original, but it was interesting.

7. Katie - Competent performance.

8. Haeley - Oh, Haeley. Better luck next time if there is a next time.

8. Lacey - Awful. I've given up on her. I hope she goes home tonight.

9. Didi - I liked that she chose a different song, but unfortunately she didn't even come close to pulling it off. It was painful to listen. This should be the end of the road for her.

03-04-10, 01:37 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
Crystal--I loved it and I’m rooting for her. Loved that she called out Simon’s 2 story mobile home/dressing room, too. The triple pimp was a bit much, but she is the one that keeps me tuning in.

Siobhan--a nice surprise. I think there’s more we haven’t seen, too. Wonder why Simon was holding back on praising her. She had the pimp spot, so that’s usually a sign Simon’s going to be lavish.

Katelyn--I’m not drawn to her but, wow, she displayed versatility and talent. I hope she doesn’t get over coached and boxed in by AI. She should make the tour.

Lilly--her version wasn’t for me but I can see the talent. I thought she was over praised by the judges. They very much want her in the top 12 , and want her instead of Didi.

Didi--wow, she was over criticized by the judges. I thought there was more being said than just criticism of a song. I felt like Kara was telling her she wouldn’t make the top 12. Kara cowrote a song with Didi’s friend/colleague. There’s more between Kara and Didi than the average contestant. That’s why Didi was so crushed imo and why Ryan was giving her a hug after giving her numbers. Yes, the song wasn’t the best choice for her but she didn’t deserve the hammering she got. Was that so she would get sympathy votes?

Katie--not as bad as the judges said. She has talent but is she connecting? Word to Katie, if you have watched AI AT ALL, AI wants to put you in the young teen draw box, and they will keep after you about it until you do it or are voted off. See Michael Johns for one example of being put in the box. It must be confusing because there’s Siobhan singing a song that’s over 30 years old and getting praised for it, while Katie gets bashed and “Biebered”. Katie, give ‘em what they want, get into the top 12, and get on the tour and then do what you want.

Lacey. Interesting. I kep getting a Dolly vibe from her. If she lasts to next week, she should come out singing a Dolly song. I can hear Kara telling her that's her "lane". She'll probably get the boot this week, though.

Michelle, while I appreciate that she took a risk, changed it up, and made it her own, she diva-d a Creed song. I think anything she’ll sing will start to sound Diva-esque.

Paige--not as bad as the judges said but then again not that great. Either she or Michelle will make the top 12.

Haley--OMG. Stop hurting her. She’s so pure, so innocent and they are grinding her up. I hope she goes this week; that was just awful.

==============

Here's how Michael Slezak of EW had ranked them:

Group A: Go Directly to the Top 12; Do Not Pass Ellen, and Do Not Collect 200 ''Greats'' Crystal Bowersox, Lilly Scott, Siobhan Magnus, and Katelyn Epperly.

Group B: Go and Start Rehearsing Your Top 16 Ditty, on the Off Chance You Don't Get Fewer Votes Than Haeley Freakin' Vaughn Michelle Delamor, Didi Benami, Paige Miles, and Katie Stevens.

Group C: Go Directly to the Holding Pen Where Fox Is Storing the Musical Aspirations of Ariana Afsar, Taylor Vaifanua, and Stevie Wright. Lacey Brown and Haeley Vaughn.

03-04-10, 03:39 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
I'll just go with Zazzy's ranking here, cuz that's how I'd list them, too.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-04-10, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
Ditto Zazzy's list.

A Capn2Patch original

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-10, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
Here are my rankings:

1. Crystal Bowersox -- she did extremely well considering she had diabetes complications!

2. Lilly Scott -- not my favorite but she did a fine job. I just hope she doesn't become a one-trick pony.

3. Siobhan Magnus -- that last note was a real killer! Fine job there.

Gap --

4. Michelle Delamore -- I liked her performance more than you did, apparently.

5. Katie Stevens -- my favorite and she's trying to follow the judges' advice. Too bad it didn't work out well enough.

Big gap --

6. Katelyn Epperly -- a little too slow but you did better than the others did.

7. Paige Mills -- a Kelly Clarkson song? That's not such a good idea! Ask Lisa Tucker how that choice turned out for her -- she was out in the third week of the finals!

8. Lacey Brown -- better than last week, but that's not saying much. Not original enough.

9. Didi Benham -- that wasn't great either.

10. Haley Vaughn -- you looked pretty. Your singing wasn't pretty, however.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-04-10, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 Girls"
Goin' with ZZ, also. And I wish I'd thought of doing the laundry during Hayley's performance. OH MAN! What a trainwreck! That poor girl who never stops smiling-DID. Once they chewed her up and spit her out, that smile was gone...She should be, too! Like yesterday......

Thought the girl on the piano was good, but I don't know the original rendition of the song. Ellen falling asleep, literally, was too much. That girl was pretty much spot on with all she did-vocally and muscially, and I felt she didn't get a good enough review. I think if she'd been earlier in the game, it would have been better. They were getting tired and bored by them.

That's why Shioban was great at the end, waking everyone up and hitting those notes so effortlessly! She definitely will show them how it's done, and I love her, but not as much as Crystal. Just a tiny tad less....and Lilly will come right below that. Other wise-EH. Whatever.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •