The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thoughts on first 7 of 24"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-17-10, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thoughts on first 7 of 24"
Finally, the wait is soon over and we'll actually start the competition! Oddly, the audition phase and Hollywood week wasn't as painful as I remember it in the past.

From what I can tell so far, I think this season could be good and it appears we're getting a good mix of styles and personalities this season. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

So last night, we found out the first 7 of the Top 24. Why 7? A strange number...

My thoughts.

Aaron Kelly: Honestly, i'm not sure about this guy. He seems very very inconsistent and that is probably an age thing. He has a powerful voice for just 16, but I don't get the impression that he has the personality or likability factor of a David Archuleta?

Casey James: LOVE this guy. He definately has the chops and reminds me of Bo Bice big time. I think this guy could be a surprise to many and go very far.

Didi Benami: Another BIG favorite of mine. This girl can SANG. Her only drawback - she has to curb the emotions and control the tears. That has proven to work agaist people in the past. If she gets her confidence, she is another strong contender.

Katelyn Epperly: No real thoughts on her. I don't remember her audition, and her vocals are nothing exceptional. I was surprised she made it through, to be honest.

Lee Dewyze: Similar to Didi, he has the chops, just need to get the confidence factor up. Simon was right on last night. I like this guy, we'll see.

Michael Lynche: Who honestly can say they don't like Michael? This guy is pretty amazing, but in a completely different way to Casey and Didi.

Todrick Hall: I want to hear opinions on Todrick because he just rubs me the wrong way. Huge ego, over the top, I just don't get it. I'm not a fan at this point.

So far, a very strong start with a great mix of styles. That is what makes for a great season of Idol.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thoughts on first 7 of 24 Estee 02-17-10 1
   RE: Thoughts on first 7 of 24 geekboy 02-17-10 2
   RE: Thoughts on first 7 of 24 Snidget 02-17-10 3
 RE: Thoughts on first 7 of 24 zazzy 02-17-10 4
   RE: Thoughts on first 7 of 24 geekboy 02-17-10 5
       RE: Thoughts on first 7 of 24 zazzy 02-17-10 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-17-10, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Thoughts on first 7 of 24"
the personality ... of a David Archuleta?

Does not compute.

On Todrick: VFTW broke a story which connects him to a child actor/parent-baiting scam -- so if you're getting con artist vibes off him, there just might be a very good reason for that. And even without that, he comes across as trying to be so slick, criticism just slides off to either side. A self-manufactured character -- there may be something under the surface, but you're probably better off not finding out what it is.

Michael's a mortal lock to go Top Twelve and probably makes the tour. Who doesn't hug the teddy bear?

Lee and Katelyn both came off as colorless. In fact, the only thing I remember about Katelyn is that her last name sounds like a medical procedure.

I think Didi will go out early.

Aaron... not sure. He needs that tween fanbase, and it's hard to spot just who else might move into his corner if they don't. He's shy enough and 'safe' enough, but he's no lock to get the screamers.

Casey annoys me, but it's not his fault. The frustration with him comes entirely from Kara, and all the show has to do is lock her in a tank of ice water every time he steps onto the stage. (Leaving her here is not a problem.) Possible Top Twelve, but a Kara-backlash might do him in before his singing does.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-17-10, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Thoughts on first 7 of 24"
>
> I think Didi will go out early.
>

NO! She's my crush this season!!!!!!

geekboy

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-17-10, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Thoughts on first 7 of 24"
At least Archuleta had a bit of a goofy thing, but sometimes that did come off as just a bit too over protected.

Aaron so far just seems a bit too manufactured. Can't have any personality that a casting agent may not like.

Toddrick does have that "look at me" attention thing that can be a turn off. And given the history that smarmy thing does seem to be coming through on the screen. Also seems to have a bit of the diva everyone just wishes they were me thing as well.

Didi it is hard to tell. Depends on how the story pimpage vs the emotional instability plays out. I have her pegged more as a Brooke White go out middle of the tour than an early out.

Katelyn and Lee so far I agree seem to have cannon fodder written all over them.

Casey doesn't annoy me too much but he does seem a bit vapid. The sure I'll take my top off to get a shot on the casting couch just seemed a bit, too. Kara drooling on him will get annoying much faster than he will, I think.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-17-10, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Thoughts on first 7 of 24"
Aaron Kelly: "but I don't get the impression that he has the personality or likability factor of a David Archuleta?"

--I didn't get a feel for him at all, except that he's young.

Casey James: "LOVE this guy. He definately has the chops and reminds me of Bo Bice big time. I think this guy could be a surprise to many and go very far."

--If Bucky can make it to the top 8 in season 5...Casey should survive at least as long this season.

Didi Benami: "Another BIG favorite of mine. This girl can SANG. Her only drawback - she has to curb the emotions and control the tears. That has proven to work agaist people in the past. If she gets her confidence, she is another strong contender."

--I was glad to see someone who is artistic and can sing with some emotion after woodenish contestants like Kat McPhee and Carrie U.

Katelyn Epperly: "No real thoughts on her. I don't remember her audition, and her vocals are nothing exceptional. I was surprised she made it through, to be honest."

--speaking of woodenish contestants...

Lee Dewyze: "Similar to Didi, he has the chops, just need to get the confidence factor up. Simon was right on last night. I like this guy, we'll see."

--don't have any strong thoughts on him yet. His edit is already "not the winner" edit because we were told how they didn't agree until 5 minutes ago. Fodder?

Michael Lynche: "Who honestly can say they don't like Michael? This guy is pretty amazing, but in a completely different way to Casey and Didi. "

--overpimped. Early story arc and we'll tire of him, the judges will harsh on him somewhere around week 11? 9? 7?

Todrick Hall: "I want to hear opinions on Todrick because he just rubs me the wrong way. Huge ego, over the top, I just don't get it. I'm not a fan at this point."

--diva. Next.

"So last night, we found out the first 7 of the Top 24. Why 7? A strange number..."

--What percentage of the 7 shown last night make it to the top 12, hmmmm? They took about an hour to show us the 7.

Tonight's ep is one hour and they need to do 17 "yeses". And have some "Didn't make its" as well. And we know there are some favs left in the next 17 (Katie Stevens, anyone?) that will get a spotlight, so there are many who will get a quick "yes" tonight that are fodder for the top 24. IMO, of course.

02-17-10, 04:11 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Thoughts on first 7 of 24"
Hi Zazzy -

I've actually looked at the "top 24 spoilers" list and now that I know alot of the names, what I'm surprised and excited about is that there is actually A LOT of variety this year in terms of styles and singers. There are actually several female contestants that I could root for (as opposed to a slew of Jordin Sparks/Lil Rounds/Syesha wannabes). Could be a fun season.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-17-10, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Thoughts on first 7 of 24"
Good point--we don't have a lot of big belters this year. More the softer side of singing...are they looking for a Taylor Swift type?

ITA on the variety, too. We'll see how the top 24 nights go. Any guesses on who gets the pimp spots? I'll guess Katie Stevens for one...but then again, I don't know the rest of the line up yet. ;)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •