The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"8/27-Final 3 American Idol Performances"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-28-02, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"8/27-Final 3 American Idol Performances"
All three did great tonight. I think it will depend on who's fan base is strongest, because all three pretty mcuh did their thing. Based on tonight only, I have to say Kelly was the weakest, just because she sang one very boring song, and wore two unappealing outfits. I mean really, who picked that red dress. How will Kelly be American Idol wearing such unflattering attire? It may sound silly, but that's my two cents worth.

I'l edit to add my sigpic later.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 8/27-Final 3 American Idol Perf... katem 08-28-02 1
   RE: 8/27-Final 3 American Idol Perf... SkyRaider 08-28-02 2
       RE: 8/27-Final 3 American Idol Perf... Draco Malfoy 08-28-02 3
       Black Velvet northernlights 08-28-02 10
 RE: 8/27-Final 3 American Idol Perf... ELCinOhio 08-28-02 4
 RE: 8/27-Final 3 American Idol Perf... PackMan 08-28-02 5
 RE: 8/27-Final 3 American Idol Perf... Ahtumbreez 08-28-02 6
 RE: 8/27-Final 3 American Idol Perf... sticks 08-28-02 7
 RE: 8/27-Final 3 American Idol Perf... Breezy 08-28-02 8
   RE: 8/27-Final 3 American Idol Perf... Draco Malfoy 08-28-02 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-28-02, 02:25 AM (EST)
1. "RE: 8/27-Final 3 American Idol Performances"
I don't agree Todd. I thought Kelly has never sounded better than she did tonight. She was sensational.

Justin's first song justified all the hoopla about him. He was terrific. The second song, he was good, but he did go back to the winks and smirks, and his voice did not sound as good, he sounded winded.

Nikki was at her best. She has never sounded so good.

In the finals for sure is Justin, I don't believe he will be eliminated and I am pretty convinced he will win this thing.

The last spot I do agree with you Todd that it will depend on the fan base. Kelly has never been in the bottom, while Nikki has pretty much every week.

It's going to be tough, and I am terribly afraid that Nikki will stay, but I think it might happen.

OUT: Kelly
Should be out: Nikki

If I'm right, I will be sooooo bitter

(c) 2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-28-02, 06:18 AM (EST)
2. "RE: 8/27-Final 3 American Idol Performances"
Unfortunately, I'm also afraid that Sideshow Bob Justin will win also, even though he murdered, absolutely murdered Elton John's song tonight. But that perky cocking of his head, that half squat he does like taking a dump, all make up what the 12-15 year old girls (and guys of that, um, type who haven't quite found what they are looking for sexually yet) think is just the most wonderful singer and sound in the world.

Kelly gets more and more boring each week, over singing every song, never moving, legs spread apart as if she has never worn a dress or has the feminine padding one would use on an elephant between her legs. She actually stumbled wearing high heels last week. She is dumpy, dumpy, dumpy. And always sooooo amazed that people actually clap for her! Aw, Gee, Kelly!

Nikki? Ah, Nikki! I could get lost in those eyes, but unfortunately, all I can think of as I look at her is "How the hell does she swallow with that half pound of ball in her tongue?" She'll be a great singer of the Joplin type, or end up in Nashville, veing one of the new "country rebels" while the other two will flash in the pan and be long gone. BTW....who originally sang that "Black Velvet" that the judges picked for her? Was that another Stevie Nicks song? I liked the song, but have never heard it before. Interesting. I wish she had chosen a song by Heart as her own, rather than the Nicks' song that she did do though. It came off REALLY boring, no fire at all. And Nikki, dump those big ugly waffle stomper shoes alreaddy!

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-02, 07:53 AM (EST)
3. "RE: 8/27-Final 3 American Idol Performances"
There was a huge difference last night. I think everyone going home did a world of good. Energy was up for all 3 contestants. As an aside, judging by the house and the park she was at, I think Nikki (or at least her parents) lives pretty close to my parents. Not that anyone cares.

Nikki was in her element last night. She had a slight tendency to go flat during her first song, but as soon as they announced that she was singing "Black Velvet", I got excited, cause I knew she could handle it, and she really shone on that one.

I still don't get Justin. But I guess I'm just an old fart. If 28 qualifies as an old fart. I'll give him credit, he did a great job with his first song (I guess they told him he couldn't sing "Get Here" again), but his second one just bored the crap out of me. It was nice, but nothing special. I lost interest quite early, and he never regained my interest. Mrs. Malfoy hates his vocal texture. I really think they need a blind judge up there for the next one, someone who won't be fooled by a smirk, a wink, or playing to the crowd. I hear Stevie Wonder needs money these days.

Kelly is a goddess, pure and simple. From day one, she's been the class of this competition, and she's only distanced herself from the rest of the pack as the show has progressed.

The problem here, as Simon put it last week, is that no one is safe anymore. While I think Kelly will probably be safe, there's no guarantee anymore. It all depends on the fanbases. And unfortunately, I'm not sure that Kelly's fanbase is the type that would call in the numbers that I can see Justin and Nikki's calling in.

I'm still calling for a Kelly/Justin final, just because it's the one the producers are probably rooting for. But hey, Nikki's been on the chopping block for 4 weeks now and managed to slide through. So anything's possible. Boy, I'm glad this show finally got interesting.

By the way, how the heck are they going to fill an hour tonight? They've consistently had problems filling a half hour without resorting to nearly 15 minutes of commercials. Hell, they ran short last week, and had to loop the theme for 3 minutes while everyone just kind of mugged for the camera, waiting for the credits to roll. And that's not a theme that needs to be looped that much.

Oh dear, I've re-dorkulated!

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-02, 06:23 PM (EST)
10. "Black Velvet"
> BTW....who originally sang that "Black Velvet"
>that the judges picked for her? Was that another
>Stevie Nicks song? I liked the song, but have never
>heard it before.

In case you didn't see PackMan's answer, Black Velvet was sung by Alannah Myles. She's a Canadian singer. Saw her in concert many years ago and have the CD. She was opening for Kim Mitchell and she really stole the show.

ELCinOhio 215 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-28-02, 08:12 AM (EST)
4. "RE: 8/27-Final 3 American Idol Performances"
Kelly has the best voice. BAR NONE.

yes her first song did suck, but she showed a great voice, and sang it as well as can be expected. It's probably tougher to make a bad song sound good, than to just pick a good song.

As for her red dress, I think it fits her personality. She is very good looking, but doesn't want to be a Brittany, or Shakira, and that's okay, she has a voice that will win out.

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-28-02, 08:38 AM (EST)
5. "RE: 8/27-Final 3 American Idol Performances"
I still think Kelly has the lead in this thing. Ms. PackMan never could get through to vote for her last night.

Overall, I think everyone did well last night. Everyone got to sing songs that were more their own style.

The judges gave Nikki too much grief for singing the Stevie Nicks song too much like Stevie Nicks. Personally, I would have hated to see her change it too much. I love that song. She also sang Alannah Myles' Black Velvet very well, IMHO.

Kelly can just flat out sing. I just enjoy listening to her sing.

Justin sounded much more like what I expected to hear from him when this show first started. I would vote him as most likely to let stardom go to his head.

As usual, the judges and hosts were the worst part of the show. Paula really needs to learn to keep quiet, unless she can find a better writer.

I'm struggling with making a pick for tonight because all three did so well. For another week, I'm going to pick Nikki. I think we're going to see a guy-girl final two, and I cannot bring myself to the conclusion that Kelly is gone.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-02, 08:46 AM (EST)
6. "RE: 8/27-Final 3 American Idol Performances"
My opinion has completly changed since the beginning of this show. I thought "Wow, Justin is wonderful", now....Yawn, same ole schtick every week as in "Hi I'm Justin and I'm making love to the camera. I think he should have sang "Doncha think I'm sexy or I'm too sexy". I think he let early praise go to his head and now he's just kind of cheesy.
Nikki, I thought, average, but now I think...has her own style, I like the whiskeyandsmoke quality in her voice, cute but sexkitten and can see her being a rock hit.
Kelly, always thought she sang wonderfully but thought she looked too mature for a pop star...now....still think she sings wonderfully but her personality makes her too, stylist have helped with the hair and clothes and she's now adorable.

I think Justin will go this week. With Kelly winning. Or maybe this is just wishful thinking.

sticks 1165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-28-02, 08:52 AM (EST)
7. "RE: 8/27-Final 3 American Idol Performances"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-02 AT 02:17 PM (EST)

What a turn around from last week!

All three were improved, had more energy, and sang better than the last few weeks.

I still have to say, Nikki and Justin are out of their league. The judges picked songs for them that were easy to sing and then through Kelly a song that she actually had to work for. That's kind of unfair, but it shows what the judges think about her ability. Kelly is barnone the best singer of the three, and I love her personality.

Nikki cannot sing. She picked to songs in which you can get away with being horribly flat. Black Velvet worked well for her because it is a SIMPLE song.

Justin is a little bit better, but how much range is there in an Elton John song. The judges picked one that they thought he could handle and it had absolutely no varying range.

I saw an unofficial tally of votes from last week on another site, I don't know where they came from. But, they claimed that Nikki and Tamyra each had 2 million and some votes, Justin 5 million, and Kelly 6 million. So even if all of Tamyra's votes go to Nikki, Justin and Kelly are still safe. I actually think that most of Tamyra's votes will now go to Kelly because those are people who have been watching all along and voting for the best singer.

Nikki has the look; Kelly has the voice; what has Justin got?

My picks: Bottom two=Nikki Kelly
OUT= Nikki

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-02, 12:09 PM (EST)
8. "RE: 8/27-Final 3 American Idol Performances"
The trick with Justin is to close your eyes when he's performing. He has a nice voice just can't stand to look at him.

Kelly is still my favorite and she has a great voice and she did well last night and didn't look as tired as she did last week.

Nikki, sorry if this thing was called American Teen Idol I would hope that she was disqualified. Call me old fashioned and what not, but a teen idol should not have a kid. Her look is ok (if you like that look) and her voice is ok for a lead singer of a band but not a solo artist. She should have killed with Black Velvet last night, but it seemed to me that she just didn't get into it and didn't try.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-02, 12:21 PM (EST)
9. "RE: 8/27-Final 3 American Idol Performances"
>The trick with Justin is to
>close your eyes when he's
>performing. He has a nice
>voice just can't stand to
>look at him.
>

Hasn't worked for Mrs. Malfoy yet... Actually, I think that would be a worse idea. If he's having to just get by on his voice, he's toast. He's learned to play to the crowd, smirking, dancing, and shaking his bon-bon in order to cover up his lack of talent.

Oh dear, I've re-dorkulated!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •