The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jordin's debut lowest selling Idol debut?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-28-07, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jordin's debut lowest selling Idol debut?"
I have to say I did not see this one coming. It's going to debut at #10, and sell the least of any Idol for first week's sales.

Why is this? I listened to it a couple times on AOL last week, and its not terrible, but there is nothing special about it either.

All season I didn't see Jordin as anything special/unique/different, and I think an Idol needs to have that. Kelley was the first idol, Ruben/Clay both were unique in their own way. Fantasia had Fantasia's voice and backstory. Carrie was the first country idol, although i found her boring during the season, and Taylor was like no Idol contestant before him.

Jordin is a young, pretty pop singer like all the other young, pretty pop singers out there and she brought nothing unique at all to her debut. Perhaps we sould have seen this one coming? And where are all the young teen girls who voted for her? Why didn't they buy the CD in droves?

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jordin's debut lowest selling I... Snidget 11-28-07 1
 RE: Jordin's debut lowest selling I... CTgirl 11-28-07 2
 RE: Jordin's debut lowest selling I... mia rules18 11-29-07 3
   RE: Jordin's debut lowest selling I... geekboy 11-29-07 4
 RE: Jordin's debut lowest selling I... ZnittyK 12-02-07 5
   RE: Jordin's debut lowest selling I... Snidget 12-02-07 6
 RE: Jordin's debut lowest selling I... agman 12-02-07 7
 RE: Jordin's debut lowest selling I... Breezy 12-03-07 8
   Listened twice to Blake Breezy 12-04-07 9
       RE: Listened twice to Blake mistyrose52 12-04-07 10
           LOL Breezy 12-04-07 11
               RE: LOL Snidget 12-04-07 12
 Bah, Humbug! Ricky 12-04-07 13
   RE: Bah, Humbug! Snidget 12-04-07 14
   RE: Bah, Humbug! Breezy 12-04-07 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-28-07, 09:13 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Jordin's debut lowest selling Idol debut?"
They are too busy trying to get their parents to mortgage the house to buy Hannah Montana tickets from the scalpers?

Stockings hung by Sharnina with care

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-07, 09:21 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Jordin's debut lowest selling Idol debut?"
Neither of my two young teen-aged nieces put her album on their Christmas list. In fact, I'm not even sure they know it came out. I think they wanted her to win because she was young, but now have forgotten all about her.

Shar's Christmas cookies

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-29-07, 06:22 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Jordin's debut lowest selling Idol debut?"
I hear Blake's album is coming out soon...it will be interesting to see how his does in comparison to hers.

PS Don't even get me started on the Hannah Montana tickets!!

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-29-07, 08:38 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Jordin's debut lowest selling Idol debut?"
if you go to http://www.bn.com and find Blake's CD in their music section, you can hear audio snippets from all the tracks.

I was kind of looking forward to Blake on CD, but the sound bites didn't grab me at all. It sounds very eclectic, and if marketing execs didn't know what to do with Taylor Hicks, how are they going to market Blake and a CD that is all over the map?

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

ZnittyK 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-02-07, 06:01 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Jordin's debut lowest selling Idol debut?"
I must admit I saw this coming. From what I have seen so far, most of their albums come out almost as soon as they win the show and I haven't heard anything about Jordin once she became American Idol. I was looking for her and maybe she did come out as soon as it was over but I didnt see her anywhere. From there I was sure that she was going to be a flop. I was afraid that was going to happen as soon as she won the show. I haven't heard any of her music but her image seems more Disney like. Oh well. I still wish her the best.

12-02-07, 06:17 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Jordin's debut lowest selling Idol debut?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-07 AT 06:34 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-02-07 AT 06:33 PM (EST)

I thought most of the albums come around this time, usually a couple of months after the tour is over.

They always get a single out right away (from whatever dreck they make them sing at the finale) but I don't think they have time to record an album until after the tour is complete.

ETA I had to check, most of the dates from wikipedia or google search

Jordin Sparks Nov 20

Kelly Clarkson April 15 (That season ended early September rather than May like the rest)
Ruben Studdard December 9
Fantasia Nov (no day I saw on Wiki)
Carrie Underwood Nov 15
Taylor Hick Dec 12
Katharine McPhee Jan 30

They all released singles soon after the season was over, but the album took awhile.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-07, 10:11 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Jordin's debut lowest selling Idol debut?"

I'm sorry, Jordin who???????

Have a merry Christmas

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-07, 11:20 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Jordin's debut lowest selling Idol debut?"
I listened to it the other day, wasn't impressed. DD hasn't put it on her Christmas list.

Blake's is released tomorrow, I'm looking forward to listening to it on Rhapsody tomorrow. I hope it's good.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

12-04-07, 10:11 AM (EST)
9. "Listened twice to Blake"
And I liked it.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-04-07, 11:00 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Listened twice to Blake"
And we'll never know if any of the other top 5 or so would have done any better. Have any of them had an album out yet? I haven't heard......other than Blake, of course.

12-04-07, 11:06 AM (EST)
11. "LOL"
How bad was last season? I can't even name any of the other top 5. *snort* If I could, I'd look them up on Rhapsody.

12-04-07, 11:48 AM (EST)
12. "RE: LOL"
Melinda Doolittle
LaKisha Jones
Chris Richardson/Phil Stacey (wiki says 2 eliminated that week)

I think they usually try to let the winner get the first album out.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-04-07, 01:44 PM (EST)
13. "Bah, Humbug!"
Part of the problem is a lot of people (even in this thread) are saying that they listen to it online but they didn't bother to actually buy the CD.

I've heard that if Bruce Springsteen would have released his very first album in this online/cyber climate he wouldn't have had the opportunity to make a second one because of low sales.

Those who call themselves "Jordan fans" should go out and buy it.

Thank You
The Management

Flower - R.I.P

12-04-07, 02:30 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Bah, Humbug!"
Even back in the day I rarely bought anything I had heard nothing of.

Even our stations here that tend to play a lot of idol generated music don't seem to be giving her much air time compared to idol contestants past.

I do think if you are willing to vote someone into first place you should be willing to back that up with buying things. Unfortunately often times I don't because while I love the voice I don't like what they put on the CD.

Stockings hung by Sharnina with care

12-04-07, 04:57 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Bah, Humbug!"
Yes I tend to listen to CD's online before purchasing them. I like to know I will listen to the whole CD and not just one song from it.

But I would never buy a Jordin one anyway. I'm not a fan and didn't think she should have won.

Now I did listen to Blake's twice today and that one I probably will purchase.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •