The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Canadian Idol"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-06-07, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Canadian Idol"
MaroonClown? Bullzeye?? Will you two be providing play-by-play??

For some reason I actually like CI whereas I usually dislike AI. Not sure why. I think it is a shame that Americans don't get to watch our show.

I saw some of the show last night (DW was watching, I was trying to get the @#$@#$ phone working). The two heavy rockers that got through should be interesting. I also lvoed the couple of guys who sang while they played accoustic guitar. I am gellus of that!

I wish Snidget could see CI

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Canadian Idol frisky 06-06-07 1
   RE: Canadian Idol byoffer 06-07-07 2
 RE: Canadian Idol AshLanie 06-08-07 3
 RE: Canadian Idol bystander 06-11-07 4
   RE: Canadian Idol byoffer 06-12-07 5
       RE: Canadian Idol bullzeye 06-16-07 8
 RE: Canadian Idol Snidget 06-12-07 6
 RE: Canadian Idol strid333 06-14-07 7
 Top 22 byoffer 06-22-07 9
 RE: Canadian Idol Jenna_F 06-23-07 10
 RE: Canadian Idol Meemo 06-26-07 11
 RE: Canadian Idol byoffer 07-05-07 12
   RE: Canadian Idol Meemo 07-05-07 13
 RE: Canadian Idol agman 07-05-07 14
 RE: Canadian Idol Loree 07-11-07 15
   Top 10 byoffer 07-12-07 16
       RE: Top 10 Loree 07-12-07 17
           RE: Top 10 byoffer 07-12-07 18
               RE: Top 10 Fishercat 07-12-07 19
 On talent alone... Capn2patch 07-24-07 20
   RE: On talent alone... frisky 07-24-07 21
   RE: On talent alone... byoffer 07-25-07 22
       RE: On talent alone... frisky 07-25-07 23
           RE: On talent alone... byoffer 07-26-07 24
 July 30 episode byoffer 07-31-07 25
   RE: July 31 episode byoffer 07-31-07 26
   RE: July 30 episode Capn2patch 08-01-07 27
       RE: July 30 episode byoffer 08-01-07 28
           RE: July 30 episode Loree 08-01-07 29
               RE: July 30 episode Capn2patch 08-02-07 30
                   RE: July 30 episode byoffer 08-02-07 31
                       RE: July 30 episode qwertypie 08-03-07 32
 August 6 episode - final 7 sing byoffer 08-07-07 33
   RE: August 6 episode - final 7 sing Loree 08-07-07 34
   August 6 ep - Results Capn2patch 08-07-07 35
       RE: August 6 ep - Results byoffer 08-08-07 36
           RE: August 6 ep - Results Loree 08-08-07 37
               RE: August 6 ep - Results What a crock 08-08-07 38
                   RE: August 6 ep - Results byoffer 08-08-07 39
                       RE: August 6 ep - Results Loree 08-08-07 40
 August 27 Episode Capn2patch 08-27-07 41
   RE: August 27 Episode byoffer 08-28-07 42
   My Prediction strid333 08-28-07 43
   RE: August 27 Episode Loree 08-28-07 44
   RE: August 28 Episode - Results byoffer 08-29-07 45
       RE: August 28 Episode - Results Capn2patch 08-31-07 46
 Sept 3 - The final 3 sing byoffer 09-04-07 47
   Yup. Capn2patch 09-04-07 48
       RE: Yup. byoffer 09-05-07 49
           RE: Yup. What a crock 09-05-07 50
               RE: Yup. Loree 09-08-07 51
                   RE: Yup. qwertypie 09-08-07 52
 Sept 10 Loree 09-10-07 53
   RE: Sept 10 What a crock 09-11-07 54
       RE: Sept 10 Loree 09-11-07 55
   RE: Sept 10 byoffer 09-11-07 56
 Final Results byoffer 09-12-07 57
   RE: Final Results Loree 09-12-07 58
       RE: Final Results byoffer 09-12-07 59
           RE: Final Results What a crock 09-12-07 60

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-07, 11:50 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Canadian Idol"
I really enjoyed the show last night.

It was refreshing to hear the judges carping about the Christina Aguelera style of singing -- "the runs" I believe they call it.

What an eclectic mix!

The two rawkers are hilarious.

The 70's stoner guy was a riot.

The uber-white Billy Buck "Lawdy Miss Bawdy" kid was a hoot!

Dwight, the Lobster man with a band who did "Kiss from a Rose" is on my crush list.

I wish Flow could watch this. I like the focus on musicality rather than singing. The fact that they allowed the contestants to bring in their instruments is a big step forward.

I've been reading the play-by-play on VFTW, but I'll try to check in here on CI nights if others are interested in following the show.

Rolly made this.

06-07-07, 01:10 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Canadian Idol"
Dwight, the Lobster man with a band who did "Kiss from a Rose" is on my crush list.

For some reason I have always liked that song. And that guy did a great (natural) job of it. I guess I could see him being crush-able.

*goes off singing KFAR - IN MY HEAD*

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-08-07, 07:35 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Canadian Idol"
I do hope someone is willing to post a short scnerio of the show for us who don't get the show?

I read thru this thread before replying and like th format of the show.

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-11-07, 04:05 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Canadian Idol"
I'm not watching obviously but I just wanted to say Hi to all the Canadian peeps out there!

Hi!

Hopefully CI is way better than AI.

06-12-07, 10:47 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Canadian Idol"
Hopefully CI is way better than AI.

As I have said, I am not an AI fan, but do like CI a bit. I am curious to hear from those who are AI and CI fans, to hear which they prefer. Bullzeye? MClown? Frisky? Others??

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-07, 10:44 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Canadian Idol"
Sorry ByOffer,

To be honest, I have never seen the show. Something about Ben Mulroney so turns me off, I have never even bothered to check it out. Surprised myself by watching (and getting quite into) AI this year, but now that I have seen the light magic that is SYTYCD, not certain if I will be able to watch AI again.

Snidget's to blame!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-07, 11:04 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Canadian Idol"
What I've heard it sounds interesting, but we barely get any programming from other countries around here. A few telanovelas from Mexico and a few BBC shows and that is about it.

Summertribe and the living is easy!

What is this "rest of the world" of which you speak?

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-14-07, 11:21 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Canadian Idol"
Well, I am watching, but I won't really be posting for a little while. Right now I am in classes and working full time, and as soon as they are finished, I will be going on 2 weeks of vacation. I'll post after that.

I must say that CI should scrap the idea of the co-host. John Door sucked, and using Elena Watkow (sp?) (who was a contestant in a previous season) and this year's new guy all kinda suck. Considering Canadians are known for producing excellent comic talent, CTV could find someone better (or just give up).

Three is the perfect number.

06-22-07, 09:19 AM (EST)
9. "Top 22"
Ladies and gentlemen... presenting the top 22

I have learned that I am useless at guessing who will do well, especially since I haven't heard any of them sing with music yet (and some I haven't heard at all). My fav characters are Jaydee and Tyler. Let's see if they can sing.

Jenna_F 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-23-07, 00:06 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Canadian Idol"
LAST EDITED ON 06-23-07 AT 00:08 AM (EST)

I watch both. I prefer Canadian Idol.
Reasons being:
-Ryan Seacrest makes me want to kill myself, where as I find Ben only mildly annoying.
-I like 3 of the judges on this one, and don't hate any of them. (American idol I hate one, like one, and am indifferent to a third.)
-American Idol Judges allways seems to support the same Ballad singing "star search moment" type singers. Canadian Idol Judges are actually into various types of singing, not just that one type. Namely Zack I think, seems to be into more different unique style singers alot of the time.

Edit: Oh, and It's easy for American's to watch Canadian Idol. Bittorent. Or various internet sites that have videos. Not youtube i don't think, but dailymotion or tvlinks probably? I'm not sure. I bittorent them.

Signature given to me by tribephyl in an attempt to make me less boring.

Meemo 3519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-26-07, 11:54 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Canadian Idol"
I was watching intently early on as a good friend of mine made it into the top 128, but alas, he then got booted.

IMO (it's not a humble opinion), I don't know how he got tossed before some of the
yutzes that made it into the top 22.

DW will watch it (which means I will too, by default). I will likely enjoy the performances (I like the addition of the instruments this year), but I will continue to absolutely LOATHE Ben Mulroney.

Worst.host.ever.

For that reason alone, I think I like AI better.

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

07-05-07, 01:31 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Canadian Idol"
Drops pin in thread (echo, echo, echo)

Anyone want to keep discussing this show?

This week was top 18. DW and I are watching, and convinced that for a change the men are much stronger than the women. We had a list of women to go home, but really struggled to get more than a couple of guys to boot.

I hope Jaydee stays in for a while. Baby Elvis? Maybe, but I want to see how he does other types of music. Tyler is a hoot, and will keep getting votes. Can he win? Brian, Liam, and Greg are all very solid performers and good singers. Matt has a wonderful voice, but not much stage presence. We both figured that Dwight and Clifton would go home. Clifton got booted, but Dwight stayed at Andrew's expense. I liked Andrew, but he wasn't going to win.

On the ladies' side, the only one I really like is Carly Rae. Great voice, and seems to have some stage style. Martha Joy can sing (I will say best voice in the competition), but listening to her it seems she should be singing the intro to the next Disney movie rather than competing to be an idol.

My guesses for next week's boots are Dwight and Matt for the guys, and Mila and Annika for the ladies (although Annika may still get enough of the Calgary regional vote).

Meemo 3519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-05-07, 02:01 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Canadian Idol"
I'm still here..

I'm not really paying attention (and don't really know the contestants) but will probably watch more intently when they get down to the final ten.

It just seems to me the production of the show is really cheesy this year. I can't put my finger on what it is - is it the same venue they've used previously? It just doesn't look right (or maybe it's the horrible fashion sense of the judges. What the he!! do Jake Gold and Farley Flex see in the mirror before they walk out on stage?

DW can't stand the Lukas wannabe, and Tyler is too much of a farce for me to take seriously. I did see Carly Rae the past two weeks, and I have her down as my early favourite.

And once again, the show gets torpedoed for me by Ben Mulroney. Every time I watch, he continues to astound me with his horrible, horrible hosting. This year, he has added a heavy dose of narcissim to his typical ineptness. I can''t believe how in much this guy is in love with himself, and doesn't hesitate to tell the world about it. What does it say that I'm actually looking forward to seeing the Chenbot tonight instead of Ben Mulroney on my tv?

Alas, I shall end my nonsensical rant there. But hey, you got discussion on the show, right?

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-07, 07:00 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Canadian Idol"
Even though I'm not watching the show,It has to be better than AI was this year!!!!!!I hope you don't have any Sanjaya's on this show!!!!!!!! Have fun with the show and may the best moosehead win

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-07, 04:52 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Canadian Idol"
I'm watching. Zack and Sass seem to be having a good time making fun of Paula and Simon.

Carly Rae is my favourite female in the competition. I really like Mila too. But she doesn't seem to have a large fan base so it would not surprise me to see her go. I would rather they get rid of Montana because she annoys me.

Of the guys I like several. I think they are strong this year. But Tyler is just getting on my nerves. He seems like such a poser. Although it would be fun to see what he does when he has to sing a different style. I don't think he can really sing so it should be rather dreadful.

07-12-07, 09:05 AM (EST)
16. "Top 10"
Looks like you got your wish, as both Tyler and Montana got the boot. I was surprised about the other two cuts. The blonde from Calgary (Annika) was very good this week, and I figured she would get the prairie female vote. Similarly I though Liam was consistently good, but I guess BC didn't support him.

Now the real competition begins, as they are forced to show their range each week with the different themes. I still think Carly Rae is the only female who could really win. Martha Joy is the best singer, but is she interesting? Khalila is forgetable, Tara is pure country (and not really that good) and Mila is interesting and entertaining, but the faces she makes while singing are goofy. Greg is very professional this year, but as Sass said, does he seem too perfect? Matt has a big voice but continues to bore, Dwight - should be fun seeing what this guy does with Rihanna, Brian has been good, but not this week, and Jaydee may be the big mystery of the competition. He is old-school rockabilly, and very good at that (quite an entertainer for 16) but is he really the Canadian Idol? I guess it will depend on how he does with the other types of music. Either he fails badly, or he really is the next Elvis.

Sass and Zack have certainly been playing up the Paula and Simon thing, just as Ben seems to be trying to work Zack like Ryan works Simon. Both Ben and Ryan are annoying.

07-12-07, 10:09 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Top 10"
The minute they said Montana was gone I figured that Tyler would be out too. They seemed to be the same type and it showed how the voters were thinking. But I was sad they got rid of Liam. I liked him. I guess it was the night to boot the ones with wild hair.

I really wonder how Jaydee will do with the different types of music. He is no doubt talented. But he should be on Nashville Star rather than Canadian Idol. I think Tara will be around for a long time. Nfld is famous for voting heavily for their singers.

DH and I were laughing at how Tyler kept scooting over and putting his paws all over the girls. I think the females were probably happy he didn't make it into the mansion with them. And at the end of the show they had him sitting over by Montana. He didn't have his arm around her though. Either she wasn't his type or he was scared she would slug him if he touched her.

07-12-07, 02:09 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Top 10"
The regional voting really impacts these shows, and to be honest takes a lot of the credibility out of them. I guess once the credibility is gone, things like Vote for the Worst (although they ignore Canadian Idol) make the shows a total farce.

LOL about Tyler. I feel a bit bad for the guy. He really isn't cool, although his brush with fame may have him feeling that way. My DW is glad he is gone.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-12-07, 03:51 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Top 10"
LAST EDITED ON 07-12-07 AT 03:52 PM (EST)

They don't ignore Canadian Idol. Not nearly as big, but they definitely have a contingent. I think both of their people have been voted out since they are choosing a new one for F10

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-07, 09:53 PM (EST)
20. "On talent alone..."
...Khalila did not deserve to get voted off tonight. I think the little episode following her performance last night did her in. Did she seem a tab overconfident to you? Did to me.

The Original Pirate Captain

07-24-07, 10:49 PM (EST)
21. "RE: On talent alone..."
I don't remember the episode of which you speak, but she did give a snippy response when Ben said how great she was last night -- "I agree" or some such.

I think she is definitely better than anyone they are currently pimping.

In spite of his weird ticks, stiffness, screechiness and wanna-be-Daughtriness, I am still crushing on Dwight. I had an epic dream about him last night, and he was my hero. I woke up feeling like I had loved and lost. Why is this happening to me? Is it my love of lobster?

Rolly made this.

07-25-07, 08:57 AM (EST)
22. "RE: On talent alone..."
I didn't have a problem with Khalila going home. She could certainly sing, but IMO didn't have any "idol appeal".

My 3 favs at this point are Jaydee, Carly Rae, and Greg. The others are very good, but these 3 seem at the top. How long can the Nfld vote keep Tara there?

Next week - unplugged. I think this will be very good. I expect Carly Rae to be very good unplugged.

07-25-07, 12:08 PM (EST)
23. "RE: On talent alone..."
So "unplugged" means just accoustic guitar? Or acapella?

*sighs at memory of Bo's acapella*

I expect Martha Joy will suck.

I like Jaydee the best. I find Greg really funny for some reason, so I like him too. Carly? For me to poop on! I guess I just don't like the toddler schtick. I didn't like Ricki Lee Jones bacque in the day, and I don't like it now. I've heard that Tara is a "fake" newfie, ie she has lived in Toronto for years and is milking her province of origin for the regional vote. Don't know if that's true or not...

Rolly made this.

07-26-07, 10:42 AM (EST)
24. "RE: On talent alone..."
Not sure if it is aquoustic or aquapella. I would think the former, but could include latter as well.

Riqui Lee Jones - good comparison. I actually like that sound, and regardless of whether it suits your taste there is no denying she has a distinct style/sound.

Same with Jaydee. The guy is great. Win or lose, I am very curious to see what sort of album this guy puts out.

I think Tara is a ligit Newfie. I am in Ontario and work with several Newfies. I don't think they are fake newfies because they came to Ontario to actually find work. All the Newfies I have ever met are very proud of their province. Same thing for Tara I think. From her blog:

Tara has been a professional singer since she was 18 and is the lead singer of a country band that tours throughout Ontario. Although she splits her time between Ontario and Newfoundland, her home province has a special place in her heart because "everyone is always willing to help others in need, whether they are strangers or not."

07-31-07, 08:55 AM (EST)
25. "July 30 episode"
Last night was "unplugged". I guess that meant no electric guitars, because there was a lot of supporting instruments. I was hoping for really stripped back instrumentation. And what the heck does any of this have to do with the mole-less Enrique??

1. Martha - True Colours - great voice, but meh. She really should be singing Disney theme songs.

2. Dwight - Every Breath You Take - interesting interpretation, and good effort, but not great. How long can this guy last?

3. Jaydee - Time of Your Life - I like this guy and love this song, but he didn't nail it. First time I have been disappointed by him, but I think the young girls will still love him.

4. Tara - Heaven (by Bryan Adams) - The judges really killed her, and she keeps smiling. Nfld loves their own, or it would be time to go.

5. Brian - She Talks to Angels - I have to say that this guy is the most contemporary in his song choices. He did a good job. I hope he gets votes.

6. Matt - Ain't no Sunshine (Bill Withers) - really flat performance. Last week he was so great, but not this week.

7. Carly Rae - Torn - great interpretation. This girl has a great sound and IMO the best song style each week.

8. Greg - Ready to Love You (Bryan Adams) - great job by Greg. Hard to believe this guy got cut early in last year's top 20. He is my co-favourite for F2 (with Carly Rae). BUT...2 from BC might be tough to get through. He might fail to get there if BC doesn't support their own.

My guesses for tonight's results show:
Bottom 3 - Martha, Matt, Tara
Going home - Martha

07-31-07, 11:01 PM (EST)
26. "RE: July 31 episode"
Final 2 only this week. Martha and Matt. Martha goes home.

Next week - songs of Queen. The judges warn the singers not to try to be Freddie, 'cause they won't be able to be Freddie. Who will be the train wreck that is Bohemian Rapsody on singing shows? Classic song, but leave.it.alone.

08-01-07, 02:35 AM (EST)
27. "RE: July 30 episode"

Great wrap up By, I agree with each assessment.

PTTE anybody?

From next week;

7 Dwight
6 Matt
5 Tara
4 Jaydee

Top 3

3 Brian
2 Carly Rae
1 Greg

08-01-07, 08:20 AM (EST)
28. "RE: July 30 episode"
Sure, I'll play. The hard part is figuring out the regional/demographic vote. I can't understand how Dwight has lasted this long, but he is getting votes from somewhere.

My list:

7 Matt
6 Dwight
5 Tara
4 Brian

Top 3

3 Jaydee
2 Greg
1 Carly Rae

Although I wouldn't be shocked if Jaydee won the whole thing. Although he has some holes in his "game", he is hugely talented for 16, and the little girls in the audience seem to be going nuts whenever he sings.

I find Greg massively talented, but does he have enough to differentiate himself.

Carly Rae is my personal favourite. I really like her stylings, and she certainly differentiates herself.

08-01-07, 10:23 AM (EST)
29. "RE: July 30 episode"
My opinions are pretty much the same. Carly Rae and Greg are my faves for now. But some weeks I really like Brian. And Matt was really good last week. Matt is kind of up and down.

I still don't know what to think of Jaydee. I often laugh through his performances. He is very talented. But he just seems out of place.

Dwight and Tara are my least favourite. I think Dwight is the worst singer of the top 10. Not sure who is voting for him. And I think of Tara as a bar singer. Lastnight she just didn't seem to have a strong enough voice for that song. Sadly I think Nfld will keep her around alot longer than she deserves to be there.

08-02-07, 03:12 AM (EST)
30. "RE: July 30 episode"
I can't help but compare Dwight to a young Frankenstein. 'That' hair cut is just too much.

Overall pretty talented CA this year, I'm enjoying.

IMO they've been pimping Carly Rae & Greg. I think Greg will get more votes because the female demo probably votes more than guys do. Even tho' I prefer listening to Carly sing.

08-02-07, 08:29 AM (EST)
31. "RE: July 30 episode"
I tend to agree with the pimping, but in reality these two are far above the rest. I think the producers were surprised when Greg left early last time.

Good point on the male/female vote split. Don't forget that Greg is up against more competitors for the female vote (and Jaydee will be getting a lot of the young girl vote) while Carly Rae only has one female competitor left.

Jaydee could still win this, but IMO will have to get a bit better with song stylings. If it comes down to Carly Rae and Greg, it will be a close race and two very suitable winners.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-07, 01:40 AM (EST)
32. "RE: July 30 episode"
Thanks for the updates, we missed this week's show. SMOOCH!

08-07-07, 11:14 AM (EST)
33. "August 6 episode - final 7 sing"
Let me start by saying I missed last night's show. I was out partying with some other peeps (Molaholic, Bullzeye, Seana, and Maroonclown - be gellus, very gellus) and my DW says the PVR screwed up and didn't record the correct show. But I went on-line this morning and was able to see all the songs.

This week was Queen week. I pretty much always fear Queen songs for any singing competition because the contestants tend to try to out-Freddy Freddy, and fail badly. Looks like last night was a HUGE exception. All 7 took Queen songs and made them their own. Very interesting interpretations, and overall I would say they all did very well. This week will be a tough elimination.

I thought Greg was the best (We are the Champions) but I have to give Jaydee credit for doing a great job so far from his genre. Dwight, who I always think has to be on the bubble, really rocked. Enough to save himself?

Bottom 2:
- Tara
- Matt

Going home:
- Tara

08-07-07, 04:07 PM (EST)
34. "RE: August 6 episode - final 7 sing"
Dwight started out better than usual for him. But he ran out of breath and was not sounding very good by the end.

I thought Tara was the worst lastnight. She also seemed out of breath at times. And unlike the judges I did not like her look.

I would like to see Dwight and Tara in the bottom 2 with either going home. But I would not be surprised to see Matt go home. He has been up and down and he was already in the bottom 2 last week.

Greg, Brian and Carly Rae were the 3 I liked the best lastnight.

I liked Jaydee's hair better. But it was Elvis doing Queen. Although he does make me laugh. Of course I don't think that is what the aim is.

08-07-07, 09:46 PM (EST)
35. "August 6 ep - Results"
U.N.F.R.E.A.K.I.N.G. Believeable!!

Greg Neufeld gets Offed!!

Those are the type of results you can expect from a holiday episode.

Bottom three

Carly Rae
Mr. Melo
Greg

How can I complain about the result, I never vote.

08-08-07, 08:47 AM (EST)
36. "RE: August 6 ep - Results"
Ben said it best - "Canada, you got it wrong".

I am very disappointed. In my opinion, the bottom 3 are the best 3, and Greg was probably the best. I have voted the last few weeks, but this week was out peep-meeting and missed my chance. I hadn't thought of the long-weekend effect. Is this documented?

The regional voting really pisses me off. Tara keeps chugging because Nfld always backs their own. But she isn't that good. Ditto Dwight and the NS vote. Jaydee is probably still getting the young girl vote, and I understand that VFTW has picked him (not sure how much sway that site has in Canada). Does Sask have enough people to keep Matt alive? He certainly isn't top 3 in talent.

I think historically BC hasn't been a strong voting bloc, and having 2 contestants (and arguably 2 front-runners) may have hurt Greg. The guy is a star, and I still think this show will be a stepping-stone for him.

08-08-07, 10:32 AM (EST)
37. "RE: August 6 ep - Results"
The show was upside down lastnight. My top 3 were standing centre stage as the 3 with the least votes. What is wrong with this picture? Yet Dwight and Tara were safely in the top 4. They have got to be kidding.

I just had the Nfld channel on TV (on satellite) and they were gushing about how well Tara is doing. How the judges love her and obviously the audience does too since she got enough votes to stay out of the bottom 3. Well this audience member doesn't love her or even think she deserves to still be on the show.

Hopefully the judges will help Greg out and he will go on to have the career he wants. If Dwight and Tara end up as the final 2 I wonder how their futures will go?

What a crock 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-08-07, 12:20 PM (EST)
38. "RE: August 6 ep - Results"
For me not such a shock that he's gone. I didn't really like the version of that song. The arrangement sucked and it was to slow.

That being said, there are plenty worse than him. Jaydee is a joke. The judges have coddled him way to long. Matt has a voice but has no emotion behind it.Tara has the teen I want to get in her pants vote but not much talent.

For me it's either Carly Ray or Brian I guess but after last night what are the odds they will hang in.

08-08-07, 01:53 PM (EST)
39. "RE: August 6 ep - Results"
Greg's version of the song was certainly different, and I can understand someone not liking it. I actually really liked it. Showed good control (to keep it slow) and good emotion.

I was always torn between Carly Rae and Greg. Now I will certainly support Carly Rae. As goofy as Jaydee is, he is also really talented. I think with the right management and song selection he could become a huge star.

08-08-07, 03:10 PM (EST)
40. "RE: August 6 ep - Results"
I have to admit Jaydee entertains me. Probably not in the correct way. I tend to laugh through his performances. But at least I am not bored like I am by some of them. I am always curious to see what Jaydee will do next. I do not want him to win. But he can stick around till 3rd place as long as Carly Rae and Brian finish better than him.

08-27-07, 11:05 PM (EST)
41. "August 27 Episode"
Been a while for most here, just wanted to chime in and say that unfortunately 1 of tonight's 4 finalists will become this year's CI.

I don't know if it was the theme or the song choices but I was not impressed with any of the four. To me they were all boring and out of place. Why have an episode like that just before the final? To me this is when they should be going freelance and just belting it out.

Dwight D'Eon, after tonight's performance, can anyone take him seriously?

Jaydee Bixbee, shaking all over but he has no range.

Brian Melo, seems to be the one the judges are pimpin' Why?

Carly Rae, a vocal prowess, but I.was.not. into her song choices.

The Beatles smoked it. So I'm in with Smokeysmom.

08-28-07, 11:35 AM (EST)
42. "RE: August 27 Episode"
Hey Capn (etal)

Just catching up after a couple of weeks away. I am not disappointed with the last 2 elims (other than Dwight staying).

And after last night, how can Dwight still be there?? I'm not sure how he lasted this long, but come on? After last night?

Brian was good (and super-pimped) and I still like Carly Rae's smokey voice. Jaydee seems to have a huge following.

But I don't get why they even do "the standards". The judges preach all year about staying true themselves, and to remember that to win one should be relevent to today, and then they give them that theme. Huh?? Not everyone can remix an old song into a new classic. Maybe that is the challenge. But why? I would rather they do a song that they write themselves.

Debate on the radio this morning that Brian and Carly Rae should be F2, but who can beat Jaydee. They suspected that if Dwight goes this week, Brian will pick up most of his votes in future weeks.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-07, 12:36 PM (EST)
43. "My Prediction"
I think that Dwight will be going home. He was singing out of key on both of his songs.

As much as I think Jaydee needs to go home, he is the VFTW pick and they'll keep him in with the young girls, and grandmas voting for him.

The F2 should be Carly Rae and Brian. If that is what happens is anyone's guess, but I guess we'll see.

I admit, in past seasons I have voted but I haven't bothered this season. It is too time consuming and it isn't like the winner becomes a huge international star or anything. The runner-ups get their contracts. It doesn't matter. I admit that I've become so jaded by the show, that I am kinda cheering for the VFTW picks because I would love to see the idol shows get messed up.

Three is the perfect number.

08-28-07, 02:51 PM (EST)
44. "RE: August 27 Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-07 AT 02:52 PM (EST)

Everyone seems to agree Dwight needs to go home. And he probably will tonight.

But as much as most of us think Brian and Carly Rae deserve to be the final 2. I really think Jaydee will creep in there and push one of them out. Jaydee is the only singer who has not been in the bottom 2/3 at all. He has his following and probably will make the final 2.

I liked Brian the most lastnight. Carly Rae sang great but I was bored with her choices. I swear Paul Anka was trying not to laugh when they showed him after Jaydee's song.

08-29-07, 09:26 AM (EST)
45. "RE: August 28 Episode - Results"
Dwight is gone. 'bout time.

Next week will be very interesting to see who gets F2. They will sing 2 songs each - a viewers choice and a judges choice. Will Jaydee get an Elvis song? I am thinking a song like Teddy Bear could be good for him. Brian will certainly get something more modern, and that will be good for him. What to give Carly Rae? This might hurt her.

Stay tuned.

08-31-07, 12:27 PM (EST)
46. "RE: August 28 Episode - Results"
Brian Melo: Corey Hart, I wear my sunglasses at night. For some reason I hear that song hwen I see him. He did do really well on that Black Crows tune, wouldn't mind hearing that again.

Jaydee: Jailhouse Rock, should allow for plenty of er, leg movement.

Carly Rae: To me has great range, I hope she does well.

I can't help but think that Jaydee will knock off one of the other two. You have to admit, as limited as he is vocally folks are attracted to his style.

Dwight is like election night...

09-04-07, 09:22 AM (EST)
47. "Sept 3 - The final 3 sing"
LAST EDITED ON 09-04-07 AT 09:23 AM (EST)

They each did 2 songs - one chosen by the judges and one chosen by internet votes (although it seems that maybe the latter involved some input by the contestants).

Jaydee
- The judges gave him "Break It To Them Gently" by Burton Cummings. The song got a country styling and was really good. Most I have liked Jaydee in a long time.
- The girls voters gave him "Ring of Fire" by some Johnny Cash guy. Great song of course, but I actually didn't care much for his rendition.

Brian Melo
- The judges gave him Procal Harem's "Whiter Shade of Pale". I guess it was good, but it didn't hit my strike zone. Maybe because I like the original so much.
- The voters gave him "Lightening Crashes" by Live. This is another song that I really like, and again I didn't feel that Brian met the emotion of the original.

Carly Rae
- The judges gave her Janis Ian's "At Seventeen". I was not very familiar with the song, and thought that for the first part she was maybe out of time with the music. But she came on strong at the end, and the emotion was unmistakable.
- Her voter song was Dido's "White Flag". She changed it up from the original, but I thought it really worked well. She certainly has her own stylings.

Overall I gave the night to Carly Rae, with the two guys close for second. I still think Jaydee will have the votes to make the final, and worry that Carly Rae will suffer as another traditionally under-supported BC performer.

etf html

One-hour results show tonight? Just to pimp a few ex-Idols? What a waste of time. I sure hope DW lets me fast-forward!

09-04-07, 10:43 PM (EST)
48. "Yup."
LAST EDITED ON 09-04-07 AT 10:47 PM (EST)

I still think Jaydee will have the votes to make the final, and worry that Carly Rae will suffer as another traditionally under-supported BC performer.

Nuff said. C2P.tuning.out.

The Beatles smoked it. So I'm in with Smokeysmom.

09-05-07, 08:22 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Yup."

Carly Rae is out. I did vote for her (and got a lot of busy signals) but to no avail.

Jaydee vs Brian. I expect Jaydee to win. He was very good last night, and if Kalan Porter could win by being cute, then Jaydee can win big. And I expect a bulk of Carly Rae's voters to move over to Jaydee.

There were 3 past competitors on the show last night with their bands:
- Jacob Hoggard with his band Hedley. The song wasn't bad, but Jacob was out of control flailing around and channeling a lot of Freddy Mercury. Very odd.
- Season 1 winner Ryan Malcolm sang with his band Low Level Flight. I found the song a bit meh, and I found Ryan's look (especially his hair - a borderline comb-over?) to be terrible.
- Season 2 winner Kalan Porter also sang his recent hit "Down in Heaven". As much as I didn't want to like this one, it is a pretty good song and was well delivered. Kalan wins the night.

Okay, let's see what the F2 will give us next week.

I will still anxiously await an album from Carly Rae. She won't have the full Canadian Idol PR machine behind her, but I still hope she will put out an album and I expect it to be very good.

09-05-07, 12:11 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Yup."
LAST EDITED ON 09-05-07 AT 12:12 PM (EST)

To be honest I was getting a little tired of Carley Rae's style. She seemed to have an enunciation problem.

"I wearned da twooth a sewenteen"

Half the time I couldn't tell what the hell she was saying. Cute kid though. Would have liked to see get top two.

Jaydee is a train wreck. If he wins it will be a disaster. He is a one pony show and he hits the stage like he's wearing concrete boots.

So that leaves Brian. Not bad but still with the shaky pitch problems. Also a very predicable style. Been there seen that.

However, I would pick him WAY over Jaydee any day

Crock

09-08-07, 00:36 AM (EST)
51. "RE: Yup."
It was predictable. I expected Carly Rae to go home. But I don't think it will hurt her. Once you make final 3 you are on the show every week. And they all get the exposure. Winning certainly doesn't guarantee that you will be BIG.

I think Brian deserves to win. But I expect Jaydee will win.

At least Jaydee seems to have had some instruction about his voice. He doesn't seem to be mimicking and twanging quite as much lately. For the longest time he seemed to be singing much lower than was natural for him. But for the life of me I can't take him serious. I normally burst into laughter during his performances. I doubt that is the type of reaction that the Canadian Idol winner should be getting from the audience.

I am sure part of my preference for Brian is his song choices. I normally like his songs. I didn't always feel the same about Carly Rae's songs. Although I think she is very talented. She just has a bit of a different taste in music than me.

I never watched Season One so I have never been sure what to think of Ryan Malcolm. I did see Season Two with Kalan and Jacob. They are both talented in their own genres. I like seeing the past performers.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-07, 09:28 AM (EST)
52. "RE: Yup."
Well, I liked Ryan better than the runner up (was it Gary Beals?), and that is not saying much -- he was always just meh to me.

09-10-07, 11:03 PM (EST)
53. "Sept 10"
It was so obvious tonight that the judges all think Brian is superior to Jaydee in talent. I also think they fear Jaydee is going to win the vote.

09-11-07, 07:51 AM (EST)
54. "RE: Sept 10"
Brian kicked the crap out JayDee. Once again Jaydee was a stick figured emotionless regurgitating country wanna be.

09-11-07, 08:00 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Sept 10"
Jaydee has always tried to mimic when he sings. Often singing lower than is natural for him. Giving him a new song that he could not copy really showed he didn't know what to do with it. He fell back into his country twang comfort zone. Brian made the song his own.

Brian deserves to win. I cringed when Jaydee sang the Tom Jones song.

09-11-07, 09:48 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Sept 10"
Last night was definitely 3-0 for Brian. And yes, the judges were really trying to pump up Brian and remind the voters to vote for the best singer.

Which means? That Jaydee will prolly win. He shouldn't based on what we saw, but he must be getting a huge amount of votes in the past weeks and that is why the judges were working so hard for Brian last night. They shouldn't have had to, but I think they know that Jaydee has a huge fan base.

I hope Brian wins. He did the best, and deserves to. Besides, Jaydee will be a star soon enough when he gets some more coaching. But for now let Brian take the well-deserved spotlight.

09-12-07, 09:00 AM (EST)
57. "Final Results"
And the winner is...

Brian Melo

I think Canada got this right. During the competition Brian was better, and deserved to win. Congrats to him. I still think Jaydee has massive star potential, and am anxious to see what he does next. I am still a big fan of Carly Rae, and wonder what she will do. I wonder about Greg Neufeld. I still think he went home too early, and wonder what the future holds for him. I hope it is singing, as I think he has a lot of talent.

Interesting that for the first time ever there will be a Canadian Idol tour. I thought they did this every year with the top 10, but not so. This year's tour will be just the top 3 (though I expect others will join on for certain locations). Should be interesting to see how that goes.

Last night's show was pretty good. The top 10 sang a few songs, Avril Lavigne sang (I thought her first song was meh), Eva Avila sang (I really like her), Bon Jovi sang (and I'll bet MaroonClown missed it while watching Coronation Street!), and the top 2 sang a few songs (even dueling in a way).

This was a good season for CI. I think a few stars were born, and in the end the best competitor won. Now the real fun begins.

09-12-07, 10:57 AM (EST)
58. "RE: Final Results"
I was all happy to see Jim from RockStar:HouseBand on stage with Avril. That made up for the fact I didn't care for her first song either.

I loved how all the judges hugged in relief when Brian won. I do think Jaydee has talent. But he needs to go a different direction than CI winner. And he is still very young.

Hopefully Brian will use this and become a star. It will be interesting to see who from this season does have a music career in their future.

09-12-07, 11:59 AM (EST)
59. "RE: Final Results"
THANK YOU!
I thought I recognized that guitar player with Avril, and suspected he was from the RockStar House Band, but your confirmation helps. I wondered what happened to those guys.
Interesting that Pepe LePew Lukas Rossi of RockStar fame was also in the house.

I found the judges hugs a bit of a sigh of relief. They really seemed to work hard this week to urge the voters to vote for Brian.

09-12-07, 01:55 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Final Results"
Fantastic, now I know who that guy was. It's been bugging me all day. Couldn't ask for a better finish. I find that a lot of the American shows, Dancing with the stars, for example, don't leave enough time at the end. They announce the winner and then the show is over and into commercials right away. This ending was nice. Full singing of the idol song and then a few minutes of stage celebration to watch. Very nice indeed.

A side note, did anyone else notice that JayDee screwed up the beginning of one of the songs with Brian and that Brian had to mouth a couple of words to get him going. I busted up. Thank God he didn't win.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •