The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"the Clive backlash"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

bzooti 82 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-31-07, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"the Clive backlash"
I'm so glad he's getting blasted for his behavior at the finale.

When I actually watched it "live" (west coast) I didn't really hear it. My brain went into Charlie-Brown-in school mode, I just heard "blah blah blah blah."

But when I went back and watched it again, I was just floored by how obviously he trashed Kelly.

This is the latest, NY Post:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05302007/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

It starts like this:

May 30, 2007 -- NOTE to music industry legend Clive Davis: Stop trashing Kelly Clarkson - you are making yourself look bad.

"Clive is furious because Kelly has assumed total artistic control over her new album and refuses his suggestions," according to an insider at Sony BMG, the parent of Clarkson's label, RCA.

Davis, who runs Sony BMG, slammed Clarkson at a company retreat in April, saying she can't produce hits.

And music industry insiders were dumbfounded when Davis took the stage during the "American Idol" finale to plug Taylor Hicks and Katharine McPhee's new singles, but failed to mention Clarkson's third album, "My December," which debuts in June. Instead, Davis promoted the songwriters for one of Clarkson's hits, "Since U Been Gone."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: the Clive backlash bzooti 05-31-07 1
   RE: the Clive backlash batts 08-12-07 5
 RE: the Clive backlash Fishercat 06-01-07 2
   RE: the Clive backlash geekboy 06-01-07 3
 RE: the Clive backlash AyaK 07-27-07 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bzooti 82 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-31-07, 09:04 PM (EST)
1. "RE: the Clive backlash"
watch it here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wBh1Yo4pd7I

check out Simon's face at 1:45. he even twitches, lol.

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-12-07, 06:24 AM (EST)
5. "RE: the Clive backlash"
>watch it here:
>
>http://youtube.com/watch?v=wBh1Yo4pd7I
>
>check out Simon's face at 1:45.
> he even twitches, lol.
>

The video was removed.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-01-07, 03:25 PM (EST)
2. "RE: the Clive backlash"
The snide comments about Taylor Hicks (who performed, I think) and Katherine McPhee (who wasn't even invited, which is pretty absurd IMO) are two more things which made this speech absurd. Seriously, this made me turn off the finale, and then Sanjaya came on and I missed it.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-01-07, 04:29 PM (EST)
3. "RE: the Clive backlash"
His comments on the finale, and rumored fights with Kelly, kind of explains why for the first time he wasn't invited as a judge for the final 3.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-27-07, 01:33 PM (EST)
4. "RE: the Clive backlash"
...but he was absolutely 100% correct about Kelly's album, even though Kelly threw every tantrum in her power in her effort to deny that he knew what he was talking about.

And Kelly finally ended up apologizing to Clive, as her album has already fallen out of the Top 10. It may not outsell Taylor Hicks' album -- a HUGE collapse from an artist that sold 6 million copies of her last album in the US.

Clive has been wrong about a lot of artists during his career. But he's been right about a lot more. And he was right about Kelly.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •