The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I knew it was Ruben..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-22-03, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"I knew it was Ruben..."
...when that RCA executive came out to present the platinum record to Kelly. Someone will have to check the tape, but he said something like "America should be proud that Ruben <pause for a couple seconds> OR CLAY is the American idol." At that point I looked at my kids and said "Ruben won." Can anyone get his direct quote?

Also, at about 9:30 or so Ryan let it slip. Not sure what the exact quote but again I was like, "It's Ruben."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I knew it was Ruben... BriarRosie 05-22-03 1
   RE: I knew it was Ruben... casual labor 05-22-03 2
 RE: I knew it was Ruben... minitroll 05-22-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-22-03, 08:46 AM (EST)
1. "RE: I knew it was Ruben..."
I knew Ruben won when he came out to sing "Flying Without Wings" the first time around before the announcement, and Clay didn't get to sing his first single.

Lori

Survivor: Adventurers Club
Outdrink, Outlaugh, Outkungaloosh!

casual labor 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-22-03, 10:20 AM (EST)
2. "RE: I knew it was Ruben..."
I knew it was going to be Ruben when the local news promo came on around 9:30. The newsreader said..."coming up at 10, your new american idol"....then a 1/2 second clip of Ruben showed up. Whoever edited the tape didn't cut it off soon enough.

The vote was so close maybe Clay shouldn't concede until they count the votes in Florida one more time for good measure.

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-22-03, 01:55 PM (EST)
3. "RE: I knew it was Ruben..."
LMAO Elroy, I noticed the same thing. As soon as the RCA exec said that, I looked at Mr. Mintroll and said "He just gave it away, Ruben won."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •