The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"An American Idol Lawsuit"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-16-03, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"An American Idol Lawsuit"
Well Well Well. A man currently living in Texas has sued to stop the program from airing, because get this, It was all his idea to have a show called American Idol.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/16/american.idol.lawsuit/index.html

He did not file sooner, because A) He was unaware that Pop Idol aired in Brittain, and since he was moving around a lot, he did not file after the first AI, because the paperwork was not in order yet.

What do you guys think??

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: An American Idol Lawsuit managerr 05-16-03 1
 RE: An American Idol Lawsuit magic_star 05-16-03 2
   RE: An American Idol Lawsuit survivorscott 05-16-03 3
 RE: An American Idol Lawsuit ElroyJetson 05-19-03 4
   RE: An American Idol Lawsuit Bebo 05-19-03 5
 Lawsuit dismissed. AI will air. AZ_Leo 05-20-03 6
   As we also reported AyaK 05-21-03 7
       Sorry AZ_Leo 05-21-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-16-03, 05:10 PM (EST)
1. "RE: An American Idol Lawsuit"
I think if he was really an entertainment company owner, he should have kept records or registered his idea somewhere to prove that he had it first. If he's legit, he should have the proof to bakc his idea up. If you are smart enough to write a letter to production companies with an idea, you should be be smart enough to know where to register your idea with first. Copycatting is rampant in Hollywood.

If he didn't, then it's really his fault, and his loss. It's not like the AI idea is a breakthrough, revolutionary idea.

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-16-03, 05:50 PM (EST)
2. "RE: An American Idol Lawsuit"
Is he crazy? Everyone knows it was my idea!

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-16-03, 07:50 PM (EST)
3. "RE: An American Idol Lawsuit"
You had that idea the same time you had "Making the Band" and the original "Star Search" or even the Ted Mack Amateur Hour didn't you? Or when you created the Monkees and partridge Family?

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-19-03, 10:12 AM (EST)
4. "RE: An American Idol Lawsuit"
Actually I came up with the show American Idle. The object is to find the laziest person in the country. It's gonna be HUGE!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-19-03, 10:20 AM (EST)
5. "RE: An American Idol Lawsuit"
I'd apply, but I don't feel like making the effort.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-20-03, 01:27 PM (EST)
6. "Lawsuit dismissed. AI will air."
I know how worried all of you were about this.

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,11821,00.html

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-21-03, 01:28 AM (EST)
7. "As we also reported"
See this news thread.

And, anyway, American Idol was MY idea. In fact, everything that has been copycatted in this country for the last 20 years has been my idea. See, I own the rights to the process of copycatting....

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-21-03, 11:19 AM (EST)
8. "Sorry"
I have message boards bookmarked rather than the news pages so I missed it. My bad.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •