The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gay Idol Journal - Final Three Edition"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-15-03, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gay Idol Journal - Final Three Edition"
Note to readers/fans/stalkers: This is my weekly Diva rant, similar to the popular and critically praised 'Gay Survivor Journal.' It is an exclusive to the RealityTVWorld American Idol board.
Please note that my opinions are based solely on image, style and originality, not on voice. Some of the biggest selling recording artists of all time couldn't sing for crap. A short list of Stars with marginal vocal talent would include: Cher, Bette Midler, Britney Spears, Enrique Iglesias, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin, Kylie Minogue... the list goes on and on. What they had was Star Quality... so what I am looking for is a DIVA (male or female) with that X-factor.

Gay Idol Journal – Final Three Edition
This Week's Diva Rankings

1. Clay Aiken
Diva of the Week.
For the second week in a row, Clay earns the DOW crown (though, to be fair, his Diva competition is pretty much gone at this point.) Imagewise, Clay had perhaps his best night of the competition.

For "Vincent" he wore a fitted 3-button taupe suit with a cornflower blue silk shirt. Seated on the stool, he left the bottom button of the suit undone, giving it a casual elegance. (Kudos to Clay, also, for his somewhat-thinly-veiled attempt to disguise the fact that he BUTCHERED the lyrics. Most of his voters probably didn’t recognize this classic, so he probably didn’t suffer too much from it.)

For “Mac the Knife” he wore a shawl-collar fitted black tuxedo with a white silk shirt (left unbuttoned at the top.) This look was perfect for the song… and for Clay’s ‘showman’ style. (Interestingly, Paula thought this would be his chance to shed his ‘lounge singer’ image. Bizarre. This song would be the LAST song I’d choose for that purpose.)

Finally, for “Unchained Melody,” he was seen in a pair of dark fitted jeans, a black fitted suit coat, and a black dress shirt. The look was understated (unlike the performance, but that’s another story) and classy, and this was Clay’s biggest Diva hit of the night.

(On a side note, the lighting, sound, and camera moves used in Clay’s numbers are far more flattering, showy and interesting than those used for Kim and Ruben. Whether or not Clay has anything to do with it, the show is clearly giving him the Diva treatment.)

2. Kimberly Locke
Runner-Up Diva of the Week

I’ll am sorry to see Miss Most Improved go. This week she looked quite good, all things considered, for all three songs.

For “Band of Gold,” she was seen in a black knee-length fitted skirt, black boots, and a very unique fitted olive shirt-jacket with red silk lining, which was visible on the collar and cuffs. (Did anyone else find it freakishly coincidental that her ‘random’ song also happened to be the one she sang in the early rounds with Frenchie? Someone in the production crew who loves her probably filled the bowl with “Band of Gold” and “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.”)

For “Anyone Who Had a Heart,” she appeared in a pink/cream vertical striped fitted shirt (with white cuffs and high collar) and gray cotton trousers. My only quibble was with the white pumps… an odd choice with gray pants, especially because it draws the eye downward (which is something which is NEVER good, especially for Kimberly.)

Finally, for “Inseparable,” she was less successful, in black relaxed slacks and an ill-fitting turquoise shirt/blouse with sheer vertical stripes. (Thankfully, the song choice fit better than the blouse.)

3. Ruben Studdard
Third place is Ruben’s highest ranking to date on the Diva Chart! (I couldn’t rank him 5th out of 3, after all, though I considered it.)

When Ruben walked out on stage to sing “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” I admittedly remarked “Oh Jesus, what is he wearing this week?” Upon further reflection, though, this outfit wasn’t hideous. The blue aging on the brown denim jacket was obviously meant to ‘match’ the brown aging on the blue denim pants. How ‘clever.’ (I hate clever.) At least it was better than…

…what he wore for “Smile,” which was truly atrocious. The short sleeved denim shirt (with diagonal zipper accents) and the khaki pants were both simply too casual for this level of competition. It looked like something he might buy at Mervyn’s, if they carried his size.

His third outfit, for “If Ever Your In My Arms Again,” was more successful, but still had some flaws. I did love the way the (obviously custom made) denim shirt was accented at the bottom and pockets with the tan denim fabric used for the pants. But why leave the jacket open? And why wear a sky blue T-shirt that doesn’t match the blue denim in tone or value?

Finally, I have to give Ruben a Diva Deduction for his profuse sweating. A Diva never lets the audience see him/her sweat! (And so much for those of you who say they never see Ruben sweat! Even Ryan noticed it, and promptly wiped Ruben’s brow. Can I say… Eeew!)

Week 1-10 Ratings/Averages
1. Clay (8,2,3,5,5,4,2,2,1,1) 3.3
2. Ruben (9,7,6,4,4,5,5,5,4,3) 5.2

RIP
Kim L. (10,4,9,7,3,1,3,3,2,2) 4.4
Joshua (7,8,8,8,8,6,6,4,3) 6.4
Trenyce (1,1,5,3,2,2,1,1) 2.0
Carmen (6,5,2,2,6,7,4) 4.6
Kim C. (4,3,1,1,1,3) 2.2
Ricky (5,6,7,6,7) 6.2
Corey (12,11,10,9) 10.5
Julia (3,10,4) 5.7
Charles (11,9) 10.0
Vanessa (2) 2.0

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Final Three ... katem 05-15-03 1
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Final Three ... Femme 05-15-03 2
   RE: Gay Idol Journal - Final Three ... TechNoir 05-16-03 6
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Final Three ... GeorgiaBelle 05-15-03 3
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Final Three ... tig_ger 05-15-03 4
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Final Three ... Connie E 05-16-03 5
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Final Three ... L82LIFE 05-17-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-15-03, 08:46 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Final Three Edition"
I am soooooo disappointed in you Larry. I was so hoping to read a nice trashing of that hideous outfit that Ruwhale, er sorry, Ruben wore, for "Signed, Sealed and Delivered". It was a monstrosity. I still have nightmares about it.

Aside from that, you were spot on. Can't wait for next week sugar

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-15-03, 09:30 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Final Three Edition"
Easy as pie, but your delivery makes it so much better. Thanks, Larry.

Femme - wants to go shopping with Larry.

"All right Ramblers, let's get ramblin'."

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-03, 02:12 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Final Three Edition"
Femme - wants to go shopping with Larry.

No kidding. I've been looking for a Larry to shop for me all of my life.

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall" -- Proverbs 16:18

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-15-03, 10:27 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Final Three Edition"
Larry, this is wonderful. Thanks for the smiles and time you put into all this.

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-15-03, 10:42 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Final Three Edition"
(Interestingly, Paula thought this would be his chance to shed his ‘lounge singer’ image. Bizarre. This song would be the LAST song I’d choose for that purpose.)

I don't think there is a more true statement.

It looked like something he might buy at Mervyn’s, if they carried his size.

As always, you never fail to disappoint. This is a weekly must-read. Thanks!!!!

A Kyngsladye Original

Connie E 117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-16-03, 01:09 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Final Three Edition"
Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Larry!!! I'm going WAY out on a limb here and predicting a Clay win for DOW next week. Risky, I admit, but then, I'm just a chance-taking kinda gal...... Smooootchhhh!

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-17-03, 01:10 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Final Three Edition"
I.Heart.Larry

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •