The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Question/Opinion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-19-03, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Question/Opinion"
I went to the AI site, and saw that tonight, Tue and Wed are the final shows. With Tue and Wed being called the Finale Part I and II respectively.

So my question is this. The F2 show tonight, is what? Is it the road to the F2, or a compilation of their songs, etc etc up to this point?

If that is the case, I will skip tonight, as I actually have things I could be doing.

What do you guys think tonights show will be?

Worthwhile or filler?

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Question/Opinion Lilybet 05-19-03 1
 In other words, filler. AZ_Leo 05-19-03 2
 RE: Question/Opinion Bebo 05-19-03 3
   RE: Question/Opinion PackMan 05-19-03 4
       Actually... Bebo 05-19-03 5
           RE: Actually... PackMan 05-19-03 8
               RE: Actually... GeorgiaBelle 05-20-03 9
           RE: Actually... SurvivorBlows 05-20-03 14
               Link Bebo 05-20-03 15
 RE: Question/Opinion Q 05-19-03 6
   RE: Question/Opinion GeorgiaBelle 05-20-03 10
       RE: Question/Opinion Breezy 05-20-03 12
   RE: Question/Opinion Bebo 05-20-03 11
       RE: Question/Opinion Q 05-20-03 13
 RE: Question/Opinion katem 05-19-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Lilybet 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-19-03, 03:17 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Question/Opinion"
>So my question is this. The F2 show tonight, is what? Is it the road to the F2, or a compilation of their songs, etc etc up to this point?

I think that it is supposed to be both. They are just riding the roller coaster of ratings!!

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-19-03, 03:53 PM (EST)
2. "In other words, filler. "
From TV Guide:
American Idol: The Final Two
60 min.
Profiles of the second season's top finalists, Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard. Included: performance clips; interviews with their fellow competitors; and comments from judges Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-19-03, 03:55 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Question/Opinion"
I think we are again venturing into the Fox Monday night phenomenon that is...The RECRAP Episode.

Part of me wants to watch the beginning, because I want to see Clay's Atlanta audition again. I loved it when he walked out and told them that he could be the next American Idol, and the judges almost laughed in his face...until he started to sing. That would be worth seeing again.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-19-03, 04:18 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Question/Opinion"
I think we are again venturing into the Fox Monday night phenomenon that is...The RECRAP Episode.

Plus, Fox is trying to give a boost to it's (thank God) final episode of Mr. Personality.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

05-19-03, 04:37 PM (EST)
5. "Actually..."
According to USA Today, the Mr. Personality finale was originally supposed to be 2 hours, but they cut it back to 1 hour since the show has been such a disappointment.

So, that means that tonight's AI is a hastily thrown together attempt to salvage ratings for that hour. I'm not enthusiastic about tonight's show.

But I can say this with absolute certainty - it will still be better than Mr. Personality. Fox definitely made the right call.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-19-03, 09:50 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Actually..."
Well, a one hour recrap of AI is still better than a second hour of MP. Of course, a two hour test pattern would be more entertaining than Monica and Company.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-20-03, 00:14 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Actually..."
Of course, a two hour test pattern would be more entertaining than Monica and Company.

LOL, that is a good one, Packman. I want to agree but I was one of the four viewers nationwide so I can say much expect to point at myself and laugh

Please, please, please come teach this to a few of my staff!!!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-03, 10:27 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Actually..."
>According to USA Today, the Mr. Personality finale was originally supposed
>to be 2 hours, but they cut it back to
>1 hour since the show has been such a disappointment.

To go off-topic, do you have a link to that?? ...that would explain why the "meet the folks" scenes each lasted about 30 seconds

-SB

05-20-03, 10:50 AM (EST)
15. "Link"
http://www.usatoday.com/life/columnist/criticscorner/2003-05-18-critics-corner_x.htm

and the relevant part of the article:

Sometimes with TV, it's not what you get; it's what you don't get. Tonight, for instance, Fox is giving us yet another salute to American Idol (8 ET/PT), not because it loves Idol, though it does, but because it figured there was no market for a planned two-hour finale of Mr. Personality (Fox, 9 p.m.). So Fox is cutting that loser back to an hour, which is like a 60-minute gift.

05-19-03, 05:00 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Question/Opinion"
Thanks for the info guys.

Bebo, as usual, you go above and beyond with your leg work. So this was a last minute type thing to replace an hour of Mr. Personality.

That goes a long way in helping me make my decision. I will go out for drinks and dessert after all.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-20-03, 00:20 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Question/Opinion"
That goes a long way in helping me make my decision. I will go out for drinks and dessert after all.

Q, I hope you had fun. I enjoyed the show up till the last song. But that is another story.

Then again ANYTIME I can look at Ryan for an hour it is all good in my book. Okay, so I am partial and have to support my Atlanta boy

Georgia "The Vigilante" Belle

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-03, 09:08 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Question/Opinion"
I too enjoyed it until the last song.... why did they have to sing that song again!!!!

05-20-03, 08:23 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Question/Opinion"
Bebo, as usual, you go above and beyond with your leg work.

Usually people focus on my chest, so I appreciate your drawing attention to my legs.

Hope you enjoyed drinks and dessert.

05-20-03, 09:39 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Question/Opinion"
Drinks and dessert were great Bebo. I stuck to Vanilla Vodka with Ginger Ale, and had some crazy chocolate thing. It was quite good.

And don't worry, I too noticed your chest, but those gams are just perfect, so I had to mention them.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-19-03, 06:36 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Question/Opinion"
Have you NOT been watching? Pay attention Q-Ball

(c) 2002, 03 GeorgiaBelle Creations, Inc. All rights reserved

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •