The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I like Trish (kinda sort of)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

Umpwife 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-01-04, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"I like Trish (kinda sort of)"
I am a 35yo married mother of 1 and I love the Bachelor and have been reading the forums for a while...Here's my question...Has it escaped anybody's mind that this could possibly look bad to her family not to mention his if she is in the "chosen" 2, or what impact could this have on either families? Believe me when I say that I'm no prude, I've only been married for 5 yrs. I agreed with Trish during their "I never..." game when she said "I've got 7 years on you" regarding the youger girls. She's right, however...her talking about kids, her lovely "gold digger t-shirt", and her random comments about marrying rich and having hiring a nanny after she "pushes out" a couple of kids is just so insensitive...her mother may have raised her that way but to hear her say that she more class than the other girls is somewhat hypocritical...I have a few things I think about Jesse, as far as his reasons for being on this show, and maybe they will end up together...who knows? But if they are going to end up together I think The Bachelor has sunk to a whole new low editing this kind've stuff in....Just dying to get my 2 sense in. Thanks...Umpwife

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I like Trish (kinda sort of) boomerang 05-01-04 1
 RE: I like Trish (kinda sort of) ValleyGirl 05-01-04 2
   RE: I like Trish (kinda sort of) qwertypie 05-01-04 3
       RE: I like Trish (kinda sort of) Lolette 05-01-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

boomerang 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-01-04, 01:01 PM (EST)
1. "RE: I like Trish (kinda sort of)"
Welcome to the boards, Umpwife. I'm still baffled by the confessions that Trish made during the show. There's some things I've done in my life that I'm not proud of, but I think I would have the sense not to tell millions of people about them on national television.

I haven't watched all the episodes this season. I think the first time I started watching was the show that Trish spilled the beans, so I was a bit surprised to see the direction in which The Bachelor had headed. Not a total shock, of course, because most shows seem to degenerate after the first few seasons. Look at Survivor- they had girls stripping for chocolate.

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-01-04, 05:10 PM (EST)
2. "RE: I like Trish (kinda sort of)"
I think the network is using the "Trish factor" to pump up the ratings for the show. Bad girl vs good girls story line, keeps people watching to see if there will be any catfights, ripping of clothes,screaming, yelling, hair pulling, more dirty secrets, etc., etc. Editing can always make it look better or worse than it actually is depending on which way the network wants to use it. I'm not saying Trish is your typical girl-next-door, but the editing could be making her to look a whole lot worse than she actually is. Maybe?

Jesse, I'm really a very nice girl once you get to know me! Not!

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-01-04, 06:07 PM (EST)
3. "RE: I like Trish (kinda sort of)"
I totally agree that she is going for the exposure. Look at how much Omarosa from the Apprentice has extended her 15 minutes of fame. It would not surprise me if Jesse and Trish end up together, but it begs the question of why have a mole if you are going to discount her advice.
La Vida es un Tango!

Lolette 254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-01-04, 07:04 PM (EST)
4. "RE: I like Trish (kinda sort of)"
I think that after Bachelor 5 is done , we can see Trish in...Playboy Magazine , Maxim etc.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •